AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2012-08-02, 19:01   Link #2261
maidsama13

I have a volume of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Tatarigoroshi-hen, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Meakashi-hen.

Though i'm still tracking down the other volumes, i just hope they won't be too hard to fine
Old 2012-08-02, 23:20   Link #2262
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidsama13 View Post
I have a volume of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Onikakushi-hen, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Tatarigoroshi-hen, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Meakashi-hen.

Though i'm still tracking down the other volumes, i just hope they won't be too hard to fine
Are you trying to find the original Japanese volumes, or the English ones? Barnes and Noble still has all of them for sale, as far as I know.
Old 2012-08-05, 13:33   Link #2263
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidsama13 View Post

Yesasia has almost all of the volumes. It's missing a few from the matsuribayashi arc though.

edit - Btw, is the Higurashi manga still ongoing, or has it finished now?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 22:24   Link #2264
Joly
モエカステル

The Saikoroshi-hen manga ended awhile back. Also, the Hinamizawa Bus Stop manga recently ended. It will be compiled in a tankoubon in December. It looks like all 07-written Higurashi works have all been adapted into manga form... so, I'd say it's about finished now.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 02:17   Link #2265
Draugur

It would be really nice if Bus Stop and Saikoroshi-hen would also be completely translated and published as books by Yen Press, like they did with the main arcs, Yoigoshi-hen and Onisarashi-hen. Has something like this already been announced?

By the way, Yen Press announced from now on every volume will be an "omnibus volume" containing two volumes. Does this mean if the following two chapters would have been published like the ones before, Minagoroshi-hen would contain six volumes and Matsuribayashi-hen eight volumes? I can't really figure out what Minagoroshi-hen will look like because I'm afraid this would mean there will be about three volumes all about dealing with the child consultation centre ...

I'm a little afraid of Matsuribayashi-hen also. Karin Suzuragi is a great artist but I'm not at all happy with her design of Takano Miyo. I would be glad if it had been done by Yutori Houjyou whose character design is absolutely beautiful in my opinion.

Last edited by Draugur; 2012-08-06 at 02:34.
Draugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 04:40   Link #2266
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draugur View Post
By the way, Yen Press announced from now on every volume will be an "omnibus volume" containing two volumes.
Do you mean each volume is going to contain two manga volumes? So for instance, both Onikakushi-hen volumes will be combined into one volume?
Old 2012-08-06, 07:48   Link #2267
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
Do you mean each volume is going to contain two manga volumes? So for instance, both Onikakushi-hen volumes will be combined into one volume?
I think they just mean the releases of Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 12:43   Link #2268
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
The Saikoroshi-hen manga ended awhile back. Also, the Hinamizawa Bus Stop manga recently ended. It will be compiled in a tankoubon in December. It looks like all 07-written Higurashi works have all been adapted into manga form... so, I'd say it's about finished now.
so only kataribanashi hen is ongoing now ? or it has ended already as well ?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 14:15   Link #2269
Joly
モエカステル

Saikoroshi-hen and Bus Stop have not been announced for English releases. I think if we're to get news on that, we'll know by the time Matsuribayashi-hen is out on shelves.

There are also no more Kataribanashi-hen volumes being released.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 17:20   Link #2270
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
I think they just mean the releases of Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen.
Oh wait, you're talking about the English releases? I thought you were talking about the Japanese language volumes being re-released.
Old 2012-08-07, 04:37   Link #2271
Draugur

Sorry about the confusion, my question was about the English releases.
Old 2012-08-07, 09:40   Link #2272
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
Saikoroshi-hen and Bus Stop have not been announced for English releases. I think if we're to get news on that, we'll know by the time Matsuribayashi-hen is out on shelves.

There are also no more Kataribanashi-hen volumes being released.
thanks, so i guess higurashi is over then
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 00:18   Link #2273
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
thanks, so i guess higurashi is over then
Most people would call 10 years a good run. Besides, it's not as though we'll stop talking about the series. Who knows, if one of us amasses enough money, we might be able to live the dream and buy the series outright. Higurashi can always use more advertising.
Old 2012-08-09, 16:51   Link #2274
thelonious

hi everybody!
I'm new here and I'm also very sorry because i'm gonna ask you something you'll probably already heard 1000 times.
I've searched everywhere on google and scrolled many pages of this thread too, but I can't find anywhere a clear answer about the manga only cycles of higurashi.
I'd really like to know something more about Miotsukushi-hen,Kokoroiyashi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen: do english editions of these even exist? If yes, do you know links to read them online or download them, or the only way is to buy them? I've read Matsuribayashi-hen online, but it is still not fully translated (up to chapter 15); is it a dropped project? because the original japanese manga has been released pretty much time ago, isn't it?
I would be very gratefulf if anybody cleared my doubts,
thanks again for your patience
thelonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 20:39   Link #2275
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonious View Post
hi everybody!
I'm new here and I'm also very sorry because i'm gonna ask you something you'll probably already heard 1000 times.
I've searched everywhere on google and scrolled many pages of this thread too, but I can't find anywhere a clear answer about the manga only cycles of higurashi.
I'd really like to know something more about Miotsukushi-hen,Kokoroiyashi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen: do english editions of these even exist? If yes, do you know links to read them online or download them, or the only way is to buy them? I've read Matsuribayashi-hen online, but it is still not fully translated (up to chapter 15); is it a dropped project? because the original japanese manga has been released pretty much time ago, isn't it?
I would be very gratefulf if anybody cleared my doubts,
thanks again for your patience
Nope. Miotsukushi-hen was a PS2 original arc, so it's never even been in print. Kokoroiyashi-hen is a manga epilogue, so it MAY one day be translated.

As for Matsuribayashi-hen, the project has been dropped, but let me explain. In Japan, both Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen were being released at the same time. Minagoroshi-hen was barely finished being translated into English (all 25 chapters) by the time Matsuribayashi-hen has reached Volume 7 of 8 (it's a LOOONG arc - I think 32 chapters?!) In the last few months, U.S. manga company Yen Press announced that they would license and release English versions of both arcs (also simultaneously), but they would do so in omnibus packages. As such, no translation group was going to finish before the Yen Press release, so the project was dropped. So the end is coming, but not only will it be a while, it's going to cost a ton. Each arc alone is thicker than some college textbooks.
Old 2012-08-09, 23:12   Link #2276
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I was hoping more groups would take on the mangas that will not be translated to english. They were quite stubborn trying to race with yen press previously when I beg them to refocus, but since then all but the group dedicated to bus stop has never been heard from since >_>

I know I have not translated anything since I did the second higurashi movie, I am just working on my japanese atm but such a procrasinator :P
I do put up raws once a month....

If you know of a doshjin or comic with Natsumi, I will purchase it right away ^_^

Spoiler for natsumi it not yuri >_>:

Last edited by Daisu; 2012-08-09 at 23:39.
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 04:36   Link #2277
thelonious

Thank you very much Dante for the quick answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
Nope. Miotsukushi-hen was a PS2 original arc, so it's never even been in print. Kokoroiyashi-hen is a manga epilogue, so it MAY one day be translated.
about this: yeah it was also wirtten in the higurashi wikia, I just got confused with the arcs' names

Anyway for matsuribayashi-hen we only have to wait the official release if I got it right, this is good news!

About Kokoroiyashi-hen I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't been fan-translated: with what you can read about it on the internet, it seems pretty different from any other arc, because it deals with the the kids' life after they went through everything we already know.
I was very interested in reading this kind of story and was also curious to find out how life is in Hinamizawa after the damned wataganashi
(yes, I've already watched rei and kira, but I suppose it's not the same as kokoroiyashi... isnt' it?)
thelonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 13:23   Link #2278
SuperBlooper
Dynamic Member

What arc do you think was done best in the manga format? I think Onikakushi was done pretty well.
Old 2012-08-17, 04:43   Link #2279
Draugur

In my opinion, Meakashi-hen, because I love Yutori Houjyou's artwork which is the best of all in my opinion. But Karin Suzuragi also did a great job on Tsumihoroboshi-hen (look at Keiichi discovering Rena's dark secret for example, which looks so evil it makes me smile somehow), although the characters' faces are not as cute as Houjyou-sensei's. Although they're very cute, Meakashi contains the most terrifying scene as well ...
Spoiler for Meakashi:

From the non-canon arcs, I really love Hinageshi-hen from the Kataribanashi-hen anthology. It is such a beautiful and sad short story which has also been done by the great Yutori Houjyou. The story is based on a real Japanese custom, the Hinanagashi (doll drifting).
Old 2012-08-22, 19:49   Link #2280
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I read the first arc years ago and I"m reading the second arc now....

But I also started some arc where it takes place in 2006 with a grown up Mion...
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote