AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-03, 06:09   Link #1221
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Episode was REALLY silly, but they got some nice notes in with Wakana and that grumpy teacher. I don't know what to think of Wien, but PA engages in some epic lulzy things that I can only assume they've been reading this thread and making fun of us.
It's almost uncanny how much recent Tari Tari episodes seem to be direct responses to fan-wishes stated on this thread.

Many posters: I'd rather have no romance in this show!

Tari Tari: Very well! No romance it is.

Guardian Enzo, myself, many others: The male characters need more focus and development!

Tari Tari: ... And here's your Wien arc!

Several posters: The Vice-Principal should get more focus and development.

Tari Tari: Here you go!

I post up that Tari Rangers photoshop, and some people respond positively to it.

Tari Tari: Here's your heroic Tari Rangers, let by "Red" Wien himself!

I don't know if I've ever watched an anime before that's more in-synch with what I'd most want out of it than what this one is. It not only meets my expectations, it meets my hopes.

Quote:
They really seemed to enjoy making the episode as I did watching it. I would say the same for the series in general.
Yeah, you can tell that this is a real labor of love. The sincerity with which Tari Tari is presented makes the cheesier scenes much more effective, which in turn makes the whole thing vaguely epic.
Old 2012-09-03, 06:17   Link #1222
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Triple:

Yea, I did find it bizzare that you brought up the power rangers and they brought it up. Also, the "pervwing" role of me complained that there was much butt slapping but not much focus on the behinds much, though Sawa's outfit proved me slightly wrong.

That whole Wien scene near the end to me is like "Alright, Hana Iro lacked maninless, Another most likely did, and Tari Tari does too, so we have to make it manly enough to cover the rest!" Did they? I don't really know; perhaps he should have ripped his shirt too like all manly heroes always end up doing.

Oh, and Dora seems to be getting really, really fat.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 06:34   Link #1223
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 10 today.

Amazed that Wien had a lot of passion to perform a sentai show in the street, when his friends are all nervous. At first I thought he was funny. But then after Konatsu's bag got stolen, I think Wein is admirable "carrying on the will of ganba red" - he sure acted like a real hero back there even though he got beat up. He must have realized that the item inside the bag is important to Konatsu.

Only 3 more episodes? Noo..
I'm really enjoying this anime, hoping it gets some extra episodes.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-09-03 at 07:08.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 08:42   Link #1224
Bombo
TSF Fans

The end so hilarious haha
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 09:12   Link #1225
Blonto

I have to respect these kids for going through with something so embarrassing. Especially Konatsu, who was the first to find the courage to go out there. Well, after Wien, but Wien doesn't count since playing a hero is apparently like breathing to him.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 09:27   Link #1226
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
I have to respect these kids for going through with something so embarrassing. Especially Konatsu, who was the first to find the courage to go out there. Well, after Wien, but Wien doesn't count since playing a hero is apparently like breathing to him.
Not playing a hero, he is a hero.
Old 2012-09-03, 09:59   Link #1227
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
This episode was absolute gold. Easy 10/10 and par in quality to the episode 6. From the Market Rangers to Vice-President's backstory to Wien being GARmode, this episode was amazing from start to finish. It managed to give me both lolz and it also tingled my sentimental side both in the way the cast is having loads of fun and the VP's backstory.

Once again, despite the first episode of a character's respective arc appearing somewhat lacklustre (it's largely buildup, tension and peripherily frustrating to an extent) it always comes back with full force, shattering that notion completely making out a full-out recovery. The final episodes of it a character's arc have always been amazing to the point I believe the first episode being "weak" was is intentional - save the best for last notion. Why do I believe that. It happened 3 times already for a one cour series which hasn't even finished. It happened for Wakana's Arc, it happened for Sawa's and now it happened for Wien's. Concurrently airing Jinrui has been following this trend too which will always deliver a spectacular 2nd episode and that series has superb too.

I don't know about others, but I absolutely love how genuine and unpretentious Tari Tari is. It knows when to do drama (whilst largely escaping melodrama or forced drama territory), it knows when to be lighthearted & lowkey (without being insignificant or "derpy" aka moeblob) and the current Wien arc shows that Tari Tari knows when it needs to be campy. I've been praising how restrained this show has been, and I still find that notion largely true. However, due to Wien's abnormal personality (it's not a bad one though!) restrain does not go hand in hand in Wien. This episode showed how Wien and camp go hand in hand, but not only that how Wien, camp and GAR complement each other so well like French cheese and wine compliment each other. In other words, it was downright genuine that Wien's arc was campy because it fits his hero-like personality. He took that punch in the face like a boss. He took that kick to the gut like a boss. And since this is an anime with a musical theme, he gets up and the cast decides to re-tribute the villian by the power of song Macross style. F***ing love it. I must mention though that this campy style would have not worked for any of the other cast member. Could you imagine a camp style Wakana arc? That would just be a repeat of Hanasaku Iroha episode 3 and completely destroy the mood. Good thing PA Works learned from their mistake!

But of course that is not all. Wien may have taken the spotlight this episode, but supporting it is the middle portion of this episode that focuses on the Vice-Principal. Tari Tari knows it does not have many episodes, so it decides to get in early and develop the ever growing tension in VP's character from the start and it's being accentuated now. This is because we all know what the finale is going to be. It's most likely going to be spectacular fireworks involving the VP, the school chairman and Wakana's completed song being sung. And like I said before, save the best for the last. It may be a old traditional technique, but it always works like a charm. And Tari Tari unlike many shows that starts its pilot episodes with a bang only to fizzle out in the middle, does not make this mistake.

And one last thing, largely to the critics who complain about the series being predictable and generic. Aside from a few golden gems, how many "ambitious" titles in recent years are flawless in execution . To me, it's half a series - Madoka Magica, not perfect but reasonably close. Fate/Zero is in no way flawless, but it is indeed excellent and regardless will still be revered as one of the top series of 2012 if not the top one for some people. But for me, Tari Tari is up there. Despite being simple and safe, it is near-perfect at what it does. It's doing almost virtually everything right in my eyes. It manages to do avoid feeding romance/yuri shippers, avoid shafting male character development (which ironically was a complaint earlier in the series to which I admit I believed it too), give adults and parents sufficient character development which almost never gets done these days, is genuine, is dramatic with restrain, comedic without being overly slapstick and campy for when the price is right and is staying true to its musical theme. I can name one other slice of life TV series in the last 5 or so years that was like this, and that was Usagi Drop. And that is what Tari Tari is. The "Usagi Drop" of slice of life/moe/coming of age/drama anime.

You've only got the final stretch to go Tari Tari. And you've been planning to save the best for last. You learned from your mistake in Hanasaku Iroha. The yellow brick road is nearing its end. End spectacularly and you might even knock off True Tears as my favorite PA Works anime. And people who know me know how much of a True Tears fagfanboy I am.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-09-03 at 10:10.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 11:15   Link #1228
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The gang's sentai show was sooo embarrassing. I was amazed Wakana of all people went ahead with it, and even learned to enjoy it later on. I feel we keep discovering new sides of her each week. She's a great character, and so are the others.

Wien is the man. His character arc may not have been the deepest of them all, but it was very enjoyable and added some much needed depth to his character. I'm glad he didn't end up being a simple joke/mascot character.

I'm enjoying the focus the vice principal has been given lately too. They're doing a great job "blending" everything together. I'm very curious to see what the writers have in store for her. Hopefully, they intend to remove the stick stuck deep up her ass.
Old 2012-09-03, 11:23   Link #1229
EroKing

Old 2012-09-03, 11:28   Link #1230
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

that rangers' scene is very well done by PA Works...
I think it will sound childish but it's actually enjoyable for me (and most of posters here for sure)
the highlight scene for me is when Sawa fought her mother.... Bacteria Wave!!!!
and Wien actually can outrun a bicycle... since he is athletic, he should be trained to play Badminton... lol
the way they capture the culprit is so funny as well... use Ganbaranger's theme song!!! this is Tari Tari so they don't use 'shounen' or GAR way to settle it... hahaha (ah! I just realized that Wakana actually can sing a song using high-pitched voice... so experienced and incredible)

I think my heart will be cracked when my best friend saying he/she won't last long... I understand well what Vice-principal felt... Wakana also deals with her in the best way... great job, Wakana

looking forward for the CD song... can't wait anymore

and I'm asking for a subforum for Tari Tari... this anime deserved it.. ^^
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 11:42   Link #1231
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm enjoying the focus the vice principal has been given lately too. They're doing a great job "blending" everything together. I'm very curious to see what the writers have in store for her. Hopefully, they intend to remove the stick stuck deep up her ass.
If anyone can help her get over her issues, that's Wakana, who carries a similar guilt.

As the series gets closer to the end, I'm beginning to realize that what brings all the plot-threads together is the story of Wakana reconnecting with her late mother (through music). That's the real heart of this shows, and the writer/director has been doing an amazing job putting the puzzle together around this central piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
(ah! I just realized that Wakana actually can sing a song using high-pitched voice... so experienced and incredible)
Wakana showing off her soprano skills was really a great little moment. Plus that super cute wink
Old 2012-09-03, 12:15   Link #1232
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If anyone can help her get over her issues, that's Wakana, who carries a similar guilt.

As the series gets closer to the end, I'm beginning to realize that what brings all the plot-threads together is the story of Wakana reconnecting with her late mother (through music). That's the real heart of this shows, and the writer/director has been doing an amazing job putting the puzzle together around this central piece.
I think you're right. And with this in mind, I think that the Vice-Principal and Sentai hero sections of this episode are more interrelated than what may first appear to be the case.

Wakana's mom (in flashback): That's what music is, right? Enjoyment through sound! You need to enjoy it.

Vice-Principal (modern day, to Wakana): It's because you're not enjoying it. ...You can't write a song when you're focusing on having to write. That's just work. Songs are things that emerge naturally from within your heart, right?

Wakana then goes wide-eyed as the truth of the V-P's words resonate with her.

Then later... After taking two nasty blows, and struggling to his feet, Wien begins singing naturally from within his own heart. The words ring powerfully, effectively, and true (even as cheesy as they are!) because Wien means every word; the words emerge naturally from his own strong sense of self and overwhelming love of sentei heroes.

So the lesson verbalized by the V-P, is now physically demonstrated by Wien.

So this should all lead into Wakana writing a song that emerges naturally from within her own heart as well. And that song will likely be the one showcased in the climax of this anime.

My hope is that it will be a song that ties all five of the friends together, speaking to their distinctive hopes, dreams, and talents. It would be great if whatever performance Konatsu has her club put on somehow combines the separate loves of the various members together - Wakana's love of music and her mother, Konatsu's love of singing and dancing, Sawa's love of equestrianism and archery, Taichi's love of badminton, and Wien's love of heroes.

I have no clue how all those could be combined together, so I'm not going to get my hopes up here, but Tari Tari has pleasantly surprised me now and before, so it might do so again.
Old 2012-09-03, 12:20   Link #1233
ookamigirl

The superhero theme continues.
They were pretty LOL though ^^
The staged fight was a nice idea that sure got attention.
Vice principal is the only non supportive character in the whole anime.
It was lucky they got the job permission when she was off her game.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 12:59   Link #1234
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So the lesson verbalized by the V-P, is now physically demonstrated by Wien.
That's a great thought right there. And it makes me think Wakana's little soprano act at that moment wasn't just a random thing but a hint that she got the message.

Let's see where she goes from there.
Old 2012-09-03, 13:07   Link #1235
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Vice principal is the only non supportive character in the whole anime.
I think her role is quite an interesting one, and that her objections might be in part owing to her past experiences. It seems that Wakana is most likely to allow the Vice Principal to perhaps come to terms with these experiences...
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 13:09   Link #1236
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's a great thought right there. And it makes me think Wakana's little soprano act at that moment wasn't just a random thing but a hint that she got the message.
Agreed. That, and the adorable wink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I think her role is quite an interesting one, and that her objections might be in part owing to her past experiences. It seems that Wakana is most likely to allow the Vice Principal to perhaps come to terms with these experiences...
I think that the Vice Principal admired Wakana's mom, and genuinely liked Wakana's mom as a good friend, but I think that the Vice Principal also envied Wakana's mom (a good point of comparison might be the Satoshi-Oreki friendship in Hyouka).

The Vice Principal kept stressing "Vocal Group" instead of "Choir". I think that the reason for that is that the V-P wanted to have a 'Vocal Group' of her own, and felt that Wakana's mom kind of monopolized the Choir ("That song, and the choir back in those days, you created both on your own" - What the V-P said to Wakana's mom in a flashback scene).

I think the VP wanted to create something that was truly her's, and not just inherit Mahiru's baby (i.e. the choir). The VP has a grumpy side to herself to this day because I think she has those regrets from her youth; regrets of having not realized her musical dreams the way that Mahiru did.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-09-03 at 13:18. Reason: Adding in extra reply
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 13:22   Link #1237
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Agreed. That, and the adorable wink.
Indeed It really shows how far she's come,no way would she do that in the early episodes!

Oh and that fan wish list you were talking about earlier,hearing more singing from Wakana was definatly in my list,though it's still only a little tease we got more,I hope we get much more in the finale!
Old 2012-09-03, 13:36   Link #1238
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I think the VP wanted to create something that was truly her's, and not just inherit Mahiru's baby (i.e. the choir). The VP has a grumpy side to herself to this day because I think she has those regrets from her youth; regrets of having not realized her musical dreams the way that Mahiru did.
Interesting theory. Maybe that's why she gets so rattled by the choir club. For once, there's Konatsu, who has a similar intensity that Mahiru, and then there's Wakana, who being her daughter promises the same talent.

If you're right, I could see Naoko's insecurities going wild confronted with that picture.
Old 2012-09-03, 13:37   Link #1239
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Succinct and insightful: I hope that these regrets are addressed at some point before the series ends, and on closer inspection, would account for her resistance to everything Konatsu does, possibly because Konatsu seems to mirror Mahiru to some extent with regards to the "music being fun/from the bottom of one's heart" concept.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 13:46   Link #1240
EroKing

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works