AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-10-14, 11:48   Link #1301
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by db84x View Post
@ Fruits Basket Fan

Even in Japan, 631 interpretation is fluid

@ Eragon

Some people love to do it, just check mangafox.com
You mean the Japanese don't take what Naruto says as a joke and supports that Naruto still loves Sakura. The Japanese are more objective thinkers than we are. NaruHina isn't even popular over there.
Old 2013-11-15, 10:45   Link #1302
db84x

Send a message via Yahoo to db84x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
You mean the Japanese don't take what Naruto says as a joke and supports that Naruto still loves Sakura.
Naruto say "まあ、そんな感じだって...", when some people asked Japanese the meaning of this sentence, he/she got this answer

Quote:
Question
Quote:
when you use it in a sentence like this "Maa sonna kanji datte" [ まあ、そんな感じだって], it means "ahh yes, it is that feeling" according to another yahoo answerer, but can it also mean "well, that's what she said."?
Best answer
Quote:
"Maa sonna kanji datte" [まあ、そんな感じだって。]

This Japanese sentence naturally translates as something along the lines of:

"Yeah, something like that."
"Well, something like that."
or
"Yeah, that about sums it up."
"Well, that about sums it up."

So the following literal translation misses the mark:

"Ahh yes, it is that feeling."

As to the version below you have suggested, the translation is not completely wrong, but this Japanese sentence does not express absolute certainty on the part of the speaker. So the the following translation is at odds with the original Japanese sentence in terms of different levels of certainty.

"Well, that's what she said."

Hope the above is of help to you.
Other answer
Quote:
In fact, "datte" has two meanins in daily use. One is, as you probably understand, another version of saying "...da / ...desu." If this is the case, the translation would be like "Well, that's about close to it." So, if you are talking about sb's remark, this could also mean "Well, that's ABOUT what she said. / Well, that's not far away from what she said."

However, depending on the context, this phrase "datte" can also mean "I hear blah, blah, blah. / He (She, They...) said blah, blah".

So the translation could be very different depending on the situation.
So Naruto said in 631 anyway, just info that based on Manga-panel Hinata was near Naruto when it happen. Even die hard NS fans painfully admit, if "まあ、そんな感じだって..." translated based on NS bias, Naruto was a jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
The Japanese are more objective thinkers than we are. NaruHina isn't even popular over there.
See latest pairing popularity polls in Japan
db84x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 11:24   Link #1303
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
So according to that poll you posted, NaruHina has about the same popularity as ShikaNaru in Japan. Which is both disturbing and actually quite fitting if you think about their relationships. And KakaSaku, a total crack pairing between two characters who barely interact, is the second biggest het pairing. I won't even talk about KakaIru STILL being the biggest pairing. Oh Japan.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 12:49   Link #1304
Kurohane

Quote:
Naruto say "まあ、そんな感じだって...", when some people asked Japanese the meaning of this sentence, he/she got this answer

So Naruto said in 631 anyway, just info that based on Manga-panel Hinata was near Naruto when it happen. Even die hard NS fans painfully admit, if "まあ、そんな感じだって..." translated based on NS bias, Naruto was a jerk

See latest pairing popularity polls in Japan
When looking up polls in Japan, I wouldn't take those that use NaruSaku, KakaSaku or any merge of the names to make one word as factual evidence. Japan doesn't even use those terms, only us American's do. I know from a good source that is very fluent in Japanese that SasuSaku is the most popular pairing in Japan. However, even though it's the most popular, the Japanese fanbase mostly know it won't happen. They just ship it for fun.
Old 2013-11-18, 20:15   Link #1305
Fruits Basket Fan

Why does dbx keep denying the kanji for "feel" 感じ? And keep using NH biased translations all while accusing the neutral translations as biased?

It is quite obvious what it means if one knows basic Japanese words (myself) and most translations got it right!

Naruto is clearly saying that is what it "feels" like due to the kanji!

Only your NH bias is preventing to accept that.

Minato made the comparison to Kushina even after Naruto's answer and Sakura's reaction. Naruto was even jealous when Sakura noticed Sasuke first when both saved her on the next chapter! Those two incidents show that Naruto meant what he said and still is interested in Sakura! Deal with it!

Not necessarily saying NS is endgame. I personally believe that Kishi is going to leave the pairings hanging (or at least open ending) so that the fans can come up with fanfiction to deal with their "ideal" conclusion.

And again, popularity means shit otherwise we would receive more IrukaxKakashi moments.

Last edited by Fruits Basket Fan; 2013-11-19 at 18:49.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 04:47   Link #1306
db84x

@ Ulquiorra & Kurohane

Just deal with it, Narusaku day as most popular hetero pair in Japan already in distant past

@ Fruits Basket Fan

With Hinata in so close proximity, If I use NS biased interpretation same with I said that Naruto was jerk.
Old 2013-12-09, 14:29   Link #1307
Fruits Basket Fan

No one takes you seriously because you are biased and even using popularity as proof!
Old 2013-12-10, 17:37   Link #1308
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

So for now:

Hinata has feelings for Naruto
Naruto has a childish crush on Sakura that he had since he was a little kid
Naruto's exact stance toward Hinata is still unknown
Sakura's exact stance toward Naruto is still unknwon

There you have it... that is the situation we got right now. If anyone disagrees, please give a valid reason aside from "noaaa ya are 'rong!"
Old 2013-12-11, 01:04   Link #1309
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
So for now:

Naruto has feelings for Sakura

There you have it... that is the situation we got right now. If anyone disagrees, please give a valid reason aside from "noaaa ya are 'rong!"
There, now it looks more correct!
Old 2013-12-16, 09:41   Link #1310
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Actually it should be:

Naruto has feelings for Sasuke.

It really doesn't matter if Hinata likes Naruto or he likes Sakura. Neither is important. Kishi has shown no interest in writing any coherent romance for anyone under 21. It is all about friendship andbromance with Kishi. The only time he writes romance is to show it as tragic.

If you really want to know what the pairings are in Naruto, read the Rock Lee manga. It is written by Kishi's assistant, and given how Kishi doesn't care about romance, he will probably influence what is in the epilogue. Based on the Rock Lee manga, it will be NaruHina, SasuSaku, ShikaTema, and ChoIno.
Old 2013-12-16, 10:41   Link #1311
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
If you really want to know what the pairings are in Naruto, read the Rock Lee manga. It is written by Kishi's assistant, and given how Kishi doesn't care about romance, he will probably influence what is in the epilogue. Based on the Rock Lee manga, it will be NaruHina, SasuSaku, ShikaTema, and ChoIno.
Then it will suck big time...
Old 2013-12-16, 15:02   Link #1312
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Actually it should be:

Naruto has feelings for Sasuke.

It really doesn't matter if Hinata likes Naruto or he likes Sakura. Neither is important. Kishi has shown no interest in writing any coherent romance for anyone under 21. It is all about friendship andbromance with Kishi. The only time he writes romance is to show it as tragic.

You know Spring Time of Youth is a gag-manga and non-canon.
Old 2013-12-16, 20:44   Link #1313
Fruits Basket Fan

I highly doubt it. Since the author of that manga does it for fun and poking fun of pairing expectations (we have Hinata playing with a Naruto hand puppet saying he loves her and Sakura naively believing fake Sasuke was real due to lame excuses).....it is a comedy manga.
Old 2013-12-19, 11:53   Link #1314
db84x

@ Fruits Basket Fan

631 is can interpret into NS or NH, it confirmed on MS and MP translation

@ milan kyuubi, Kurohane, Fruits Basket Fan

But the show represent how Japan manga audience feeling. Since WSJ is really care with their audience, they can persuade author to evolve the story.
Old 2013-12-20, 14:44   Link #1315
Fruits Basket Fan

Considering that I have shown proof a page ago with the raw script that it is legit, your claim is faulty.

http://i.imgur.com/GOixJqd.jpg

Stop being in denial and using popularity as reasons why it should be canon that is a weak "argument" to use because it shows you lack proof in the manga as to why the pairing should happen.

Last edited by Fruits Basket Fan; 2013-12-20 at 16:46.
Old 2013-12-21, 22:09   Link #1316
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
So for now:

Naruto has a childish crush on Sakura that he had since he was a little kid

spot on

rock lee has acrush on sakura
for the rest of the pack, unkown
Old 2013-12-21, 22:14   Link #1317
Kurohane

Quote:
@ milan kyuubi, Kurohane, Fruits Basket Fan

But the show represent how Japan manga audience feeling. Since WSJ is really care with their audience, they can persuade author to evolve the story.
No, it doesn't. The anime itself has no affect on the manga.
Old 2014-01-08, 05:42   Link #1318
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

NaruSaku is so good! Many thanks to LadyGT

Too bad its not updated yet...

Spoiler for :
Old 2014-01-09, 21:40   Link #1319
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
spot on

rock lee has acrush on sakura
for the rest of the pack, unkown
Does he still? It really doesn't matter since Rock Lee stopped being a relevant character years ago.
Old 2014-01-22, 10:41   Link #1320
db84x

@ Fruit Basket

"まあ、そんな感じだって..." is multi interpreted word, say that it have single definition will made you laughed by Japanese

@ Kurohane

WSJ ToC indeed can axed manga, looks like you don't understand how WSJ work.

Tags
official pairings