Old 2008-02-03, 22:18   Link #181
Wirbelwind8
d-_-b

The Giants deserve that game.
Old 2008-02-03, 22:24   Link #182
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
omg that manning nearly killed me i was like "omg what are you doing? just do something don't get sacked or i will jump through my tv and choke you homer-simpson-style"
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 22:28   Link #183
Daughter!

Absolutely amazing game.
Daughter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 22:29   Link #184
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I believe the Patriots just got "lollercoptered" by the Giants. That is funny, quite funny.

Not into Football that much, but I suppose this is a very VERY big upset
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 22:36   Link #185
Zhemos

Probably the single greatest upset in all of sports history.

Go Giants baby!
Old 2008-02-03, 22:48   Link #186
Samari
World's Greatest

Cheaters never prosper.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 22:55   Link #187
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
Yay Giants! I'm sorry I underestimated them! =D. I'm so happy for that! I'm glad the two teams I don't like didn't win the Super Bowl (The Patriots and The Chargers). Yay Giants! =D
UzumakiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 23:03   Link #188
monir
cho~ kakkoii

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOP! Yoshaaaaa!

Yay Giants!!

Eli will be declared the hero, the prophet, the guy-whose-children-everyone-wants-to-have-regardless-of-the-gender of New York.

Time to go restore my voice because for some reason I've lost it. And I'm kind of exhausted too. Wonder why? That said, I might have more to say tomorrow.

Disclaimer: The above GAAARRR pic is stolen from NY Times.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 00:19   Link #189
philmein

Incredibly upset and depressed right now.
The team I followed since the beginning of the season and way they've won all their games follows with a bitter lost...

Poor Brady, Moss, and Seau.....FAWK!
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 00:32   Link #190
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Shot at 2008-02-03
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 00:44   Link #191
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Wingdarkness will get some serious LOLs out of this post.

If the super bowl was an anime episode, then I would have said that the pats got served a bigger piece of plot-device pie than Kira Yamato did in GSD 34.

Gay. Gay. Gay.

I expect the pats to come back next season and break all their current records. I hope Randy will have 24 TDs, Brady 51, the pats 600 points, and for them to go 19-0 in true Kira Yamato GSD style.

Sadly though, Gisele isn't Lacus Clyne.

Stupid offensive line, stupid defense that didn't give it 60 minutes.

Brady deserved it--just that Eli and crew wanted it more.

The pats got GSD 34'd. That is all.
Old 2008-02-04, 01:12   Link #192
Isako
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Isako
I didn't think it was an upset at all. While most of the media thought it was a forgone conclusion that the pats would win, I thought the Giants had a real good shot at beating them after their last game with them and the win over Green Bay. To see this come true though, makes me really happy. I'm not a Giants fan, but I am a huge NFC fan. So naturally, I root against the AFC, despite the NFC always being an underdog each time. :P Either way, this SB was rather enjoyable for once.

P.S: BTW, I'm glad that the media mancrush on Brady and the Pats will finally end:P.
Isako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 01:27   Link #193
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

GIANTS!!! Big Blue Wrecking Crew, nobody thought we'd get anywhere, but we beat em all!!

What an epic ride through the season and the playoffs. Began the season 0-2, but we came back. Playing the Bucs, we started off progressing -2 yards in the first quarter, but we fought out and won. Then Romo of Mexico and the Cowboys, #1 in the NFC. We were supposed to lose, but we beat them too. Lambeau Field, Brett Favre and -23 degrees..no problem for the Manning and the Giants!

And what a finale. Beating the 18-0 Pats. Epic. Couldn't have scripted it any better.
Drakarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 04:35   Link #194
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I expect the pats to come back next season and break all their current records. I hope Randy will have 24 TDs, Brady 51, the pats 600 points, and for them to go 19-0 in true Kira Yamato GSD style.
Why break the record by 1? Set the bar so high that no one can ever beat it. Peyton Manning could throw 51 TDs by Week 10 if he wanted to. Extrapolate that over 16 games and you're talking about 75 TDs. That'll never be touched by any QB not named Jesus Christ.

Anyway, that was the best Super Bowl I've seen since Elway beat Green Bay. It was one of those things in sports that make you believe in God. Next year I want to see my Colts and Eli's Giants in the big game. Eli grew some big nuts in these playoffs, all the stories and big names going into the playoffs. . . Brady, Peyton, Romo, Favre. Eli and the Giants were written off against Dallas, Green Bay and New England and shut up all the doubters. Greatest underdog story in a long time.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2008-02-06 at 22:04. Reason: flame deleted
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 05:45   Link #195
Southern Cross
Crux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Eli grew some big nuts in these playoffs, all the stories and big names going into the playoffs. . . Brady, Peyton, Romo, Favre. Eli and the Giants were written off against Dallas, Green Bay and New England and shut up all the doubters. Greatest underdog story in a long time.
Eli Manning really pulled off some crazy moves this game. I remember he even went as far as to try and rush with the ball himself. He even went as far as to withstand what could have been a sack that would've spelled his end near around the last few plays of the fourth quarter - he really managed to pull through. With all the futile grabbing on his shirt by the defense with his last 12-plays, I was surprised it wasn't ripped off by the end of it.

I'm really happy for Eli, especially considering how bad things were looking for him prior to this season, with a few of his own Giants higher-ups questioning his ability and all. Nothing against the Pats at all, too, it's just that Eli really needed this win and all, it's really good that he got it. Might have been the worst time possible for the Giants to do something like that against the Pats, but what is there to say? It really comes down to one winner in these kinds of things and just as the slogan put it, "Who wants it more?"

I had a feeling that the Pats were getting a little ahead of themselves celebrating after their touchdown before the last two minutes of the game. Especially considering the Giants at their NFC Championship match, their offense is really capable of pulling off some clutch actions. You could say they let their guard down. They'll likely take that into consideration for their next ventures and use it to better themselves.

Games like these show how much heart can pull people through. Even with all the odds and favor piled against the Giants, their defense and offense alike looked like they put their all into the game, and they got out exactly what they put in. I was even amazed at their performance, although I can say that I've been rooting for the Giants since the very beginning, especially considering how hard they've been playing this post-season.
Southern Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 06:14   Link #196
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Eli's story this year is so much like Peyton's last year. Peyton had been in the league so long and never even got to the Super Bowl. He was always criticized for not being able to win big games (even though most of the times he lost it was because his defense sucked ass, including this year). He shut everyone up last year, and had that big win over the Patriots to get to the Super Bowl. The same thing with Eli, everyone doubted his ability to play at this level. He was always criticized for making stupid mistakes and throwing interceptions. The Giants owner didn't think he could lead the team. But Eli was a bigger part of his Super Bowl win. I didn't think Peyton deserved MVP (should have been co-MVP to the running backs), but Eli completely deserved this. Congrats to the Giants and their fans.
Old 2008-02-04, 06:45   Link #197
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Eli's story this year is so much like Peyton's last year. Peyton had been in the league so long and never even got to the Super Bowl. He was always criticized for not being able to win big games (even though most of the times he lost it was because his defense sucked ass, including this year). He shut everyone up last year, and had that big win over the Patriots to get to the Super Bowl. The same thing with Eli, everyone doubted his ability to play at this level. He was always criticized for making stupid mistakes and throwing interceptions. The Giants owner didn't think he could lead the team. But Eli was a bigger part of his Super Bowl win. I didn't think Peyton deserved MVP (should have been co-MVP to the running backs), but Eli completely deserved this. Congrats to the Giants and their fans.
Actually the Colts had a very good defense this year. Manning and the offense just did the usual, which was beating themselves in the postseason by turning the ball over and not being on the same page.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 08:20   Link #198
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOP! Yoshaaaaa!

Yay Giants!!

Eli will be declared the hero, the prophet, the guy-whose-children-everyone-wants-to-have-regardless-of-the-gender of New York.

Time to go restore my voice because for some reason I've lost it. And I'm kind of exhausted too. Wonder why? That said, I might have more to say tomorrow.

Disclaimer: The above GAAARRR pic is stolen from NY Times.
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Monir Bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!, it was bound to happen, I did not believe the game I was watching..I mean, less than 3 minutes left, with Pats up by 4??? I was amazed on how they pulled it off….and that play when Manning got out of the defenders grasp to throw that decisive pass? And that circus catch from Tyree to complete that play?

I was telling my friends at halftime: The Giants, even when they were loosing the game, were still playing a better game than the Pats. Props not only to Eli, but to the Giants defensive team for keeping Brady on check.

I’ve seen some exiting SB, and this one for me was one of those, thanks mostly in part on how the game went down the wire (3 lead changes in the 4th, if I did not read incorrectly, a record!)…Congrats Giants, and more when almost everyone were expecting them to loose.
Old 2008-02-04, 08:42   Link #199
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Wow, I'm just totally at a loss for words. What can I say? Really, my undefeated streak of 6-0 just went 6-1 last night.

I wasn't surprised that I might actually lose Superbowl 42 this year, though. Way back in Superbowl 36 and onward to 41, I was usually surefire about my picks, depending on who deserved to win it and who did not deserve to win it. This year was an agonizing two weeks for me. Torn between the 18-0 Patriots and the heart-streaking Giants, I knew that both deserved to win the SuperBowl this year, in a sense that they would be completely even. I wasn't sure who would win it, just that they both deserve it. In the end, I chose the Pats over the Giants, simply because my cousin, whom I've had a long Superbowl rivalry with, went the other way.

It was the most impressive 4th quarter I have ever seen.

You hear it in the world of football. Offense wins games. Defense wins championships. Here in the superbowl, the Giants' front 7 played incredibly well. Kudos to Justin Tuck and Michael Strahan for being able to break the offensive line and put pressure on Tom Brady. It was the first time I've seen Tom Brady get sacked twice in a row in a long time. The Patriots showed incredible defense, as well. Scoreless by both teams in both the 2nd and 3rd quarters. And you have to admit, it was one heck of a performance.

Then Eli Manning manned up in the 4th quarter with that touchdown pass to David Tyree, whom never caught a touchdown all season. Brady responded - his touchdown drive that culminated in a TD to Randy Moss met my expectations - that Brady and his Patriots had what it takes to win this game, not that the Giants didn't have it of course. The Giants' last drive just stunned me - shocked me into oblivion. Especially that crazy last circus pass by Tyree. How did Eli avoid to get sacked? How did Tyree catch it? Nobody knows for sure, but it is certainly one of the greatest plays of all time. And the final pass to Plaxico Burress brought people to their feet, as the greatest team of all time (the Patriots) began to face their first loss - a loss hard to swallow. And you have to give credit to the guy who stopped the kickoff return. Any more yardage and Brady may have completed that Hail Mary to Moss, and we would have seen overtime.

What a game.

Let me tell you something - the Giants deserved this win. They've played well all season. They've lost a few. They started 0-2. They've learned from those games. They took what they learned and prospered from that - with a win over the now 18-1 Patriots, who never had the opportunity to learn from a season loss until it was too late. Strahan and Armani Toomer finally got that elusive ring. The head coach (Tom Coughlin, I think was his name) savored victory. Eli Manning shut down critics and becomes the second Manning to win the Superbowl. I have to hand it to everybody on that team. What a game.

Called up my cousin after Brady's last four and out to say congratulations on finally topping me in our own little rivalry. He deserved it too.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 08:43   Link #200
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Brady deserved it--just that Eli and crew wanted it more.

The pats got GSD 34'd. That is all.
This I'm strongly going to disagree with. Cheating scandel aside, a lot of who wins the Super Bowl is which team played better. And watching it, I have to say that the Giants played a thousand times better than the Patriots. They were always putting pressure on Brady forcing him to make mistakes, they were always extending their drives (10 minutes for an opening drive and you say the Pats deserved it more?), and they were excellent on 3rd down. Also, while the Patriots had been dominant early in the season, it was obvious that they were worse at the end, playing close games that they should've won hands down. All of their really major victories were at the start of the season, not the end.
And then in the playoffs, they had 2 games, one against the last seeded team in the AFC, and another against the Chargers who were without LT. For perspective on what a difference he makes, look at the first couple weeks when he wasn't performing. The Chargers looked like a joke. And that is who New England had. In other words, a game against Buffalo or something along those lines.
New York may have had an awful home season. They may have been 4-4 in their last 8 games. However, they showed in the post season that they can beat a number 4 seed, and then in 3 back to back weeks a number 1 seed, a number 2 seed, and the strongest team in the NFL. If ANY team can do that, I think that they have to be the best team in the league.

So, in the end, the Giants actually did deserve it more.

Tags
american football, sports