AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-09-28, 09:19   Link #361
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Just covering their bases (pun intended). It'll happen.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 10:37   Link #362
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The result of the match was as expected. Toushu went on to win against Seinan, I'd be curious to know what the score was. I don't think it was shown on the paper.

Really liked the flashback to when Touma and his dad were all alone. Eisuke has been made fun of quite a few times in the present but he really is a great dad.

Tatsuya's name was finally dropped after 24 episodes. The "Don't you think Touma looks like him?" line made me chuckle. Oh and the Minami troll at the beginning of the ep was great. We got to see what the guy with the coat that's been showing up for a while looks like but I didn't recognize him.

All in all, a really good Adachi series, but far from his best for now.
Old 2019-09-28, 11:18   Link #363
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

They lost 1-0. The game was over as soon as the guy on third scored.

Did Touya make a throwing error trying to catch the guy off third? Sad if that's how it ended.

I found this episode rather unsatisfying. We didn't see much of the other characters, nor did we see any sort of post-mortem on the outcome of the game. Instead a bunch of time was wasted (in my mind) on the business about watching the videotape. I'd have preferred spending a bit more time on how the Tachibana family coped with the loss. Or perhaps, in the greater scheme of things, substituting a full episode after the game ended instead of, say, the bowling episode. Too many threads were left unresolved. I realize that's the price to pay for a show that's based on an on-going manga, but in this case it ended very abruptly. Otomi hardly had any role to play, never mind anyone else.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 17:46   Link #364
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
We got to see what the guy with the coat that's been showing up for a while looks like but I didn't recognize him.
Harada Shouhei. The boxer in Touch. The only one outside of Kazuya and Minami that saw the real Tatsuya. You could call him Tatsuya's best friend.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 09:22   Link #365
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
They lost 1-0. The game was over as soon as the guy on third scored.

Did Touya make a throwing error trying to catch the guy off third? Sad if that's how it ended.

I found this episode rather unsatisfying. We didn't see much of the other characters, nor did we see any sort of post-mortem on the outcome of the game. Instead a bunch of time was wasted (in my mind) on the business about watching the videotape. I'd have preferred spending a bit more time on how the Tachibana family coped with the loss. Or perhaps, in the greater scheme of things, substituting a full episode after the game ended instead of, say, the bowling episode. Too many threads were left unresolved. I realize that's the price to pay for a show that's based on an on-going manga, but in this case it ended very abruptly. Otomi hardly had any role to play, never mind anyone else.
The "business about watching the videotape" was them spending time on how they coped with the loss.

To put it simply, it might have been a "loss" but it is a match to be incredibly proud of. A culmination of all the effort that Touma has put in so far.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 12:57   Link #366
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't like that we don't even know what happened on that last play. Did Touma throw wild? Did Nango fumble the catch? Something else?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 17:34   Link #367
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't like that we don't even know what happened on that last play. Did Touma throw wild? Did Nango fumble the catch? Something else?
He threw wildly to third - it’s not supposed to be a mystery. You can see Nan-chan diving for the ball and missing.
Old 2019-09-30, 03:59   Link #368
Arya

Last episode was kinda underwhelming, but probably it was unavoidable. I had my issues with this show, first of all its static nature, I mean it started stronger, with Tachibana family situation, and then with Souichiro double role as a player, the Akai's brothers situation, Souichiro and Haruka, but nothing of it got explored (yet). Apart from Souichiro's pitcher role, solved by himself giving it to Tou (this episode strengthened it with the Sou is always right and Tou is a thief), but a bit shallow, it would be an interesting point to explore.
Anyways, the lack of any tension/conflicts of sort made the show land fully in SOL territory, that I'm not fan of, making it feels more like a prologue, because nothing really happened. Similarly to the first episodes prologue, that becomes the prologue of this prologue.

On the other hand it has the merit to portray who easily became a favorite character of mine (together with Kyo from fruit basket, but that was almost a given). Together with Haruka the most interesting character of Mix, imho.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-31, 05:43   Link #369
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Adachi collaboration T-shirt campaign at Graniph:

https://www.graniph.com/pr/collabora...l/202003_touch

Sadly but not surprisingly it's only Touch, but there are some cool shirts here.

Tags
adachi mitsuru, baseball, sports