Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-06-06, 04:32   Link #21
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
It's the return of the thing that nobody ever read, my extremely bizarre take on Prism Ark
I read them

By the way, the country is called Windland, because of its winds.
And instead of "good morning" thay say "good wind", kinda funny

I don't think Fel is 10 years old, maybe a bit older, or the same age as Filia...
Old 2007-06-08, 13:55   Link #22
oi_pinoy

wow pc game, I'll definitely try this! xD
oi_pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 06:38   Link #23
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

I honestly think the game is worth playing, the story is excellent, and I only know a bit of it.
The characters are beautifully drawn and their personalities are quite fun.

Now, I know there's an ending for each girl, and no, I don't what to know how each ending goes.

What I'm curious about is if anyone could spoil me on the "Hyaweh didn't get any girl" Ending, I assume it's a possible ending...
Old 2007-06-10, 15:39   Link #24
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

There's a

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-10, 18:04   Link #25
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Thanks, I guess that counts as a bad ending huh?
Still, it's the best bad ending I've seen so far
Old 2007-06-15, 15:58   Link #26
Flame-X
Anti-fan

ok i just started this game, can someone please guide me on this Equipment Mode stuff.
Old 2007-06-16, 21:39   Link #27
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
ok i just started this game, can someone please guide me on this Equipment Mode stuff.
Everything you can use is called a prism. Your main sword attack (of which there are several in the game), special moves, magic spells, pieces of clothing equipment (like rings and such that affect your stats), and other misc pieces of equipment, all are called prisms. You can hold seven prisms total at any time. You pick which prisms you want before a battle, and then start.

Any more specific questions?
Old 2007-06-17, 00:38   Link #28
Flame-X
Anti-fan

ah thanks..

can i have translations on those prisms and the option menu?
Old 2007-06-17, 22:20   Link #29
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Are you using AGTH and Atlas? You can get Babelfish translations of the game, both story and battle mode. For the battle mode, you hook onto some other thread, like DrawTextA or something, to get translations of all the prisms, and attacks being used mid-battle.

I might've sent Kaioshin instructions on how to use AGTH. He might have that pm somewhere.

EDIT: For the options menu, I can't help you there but it's pretty self-explanatory if you play around with it a little.
Old 2007-06-19, 02:19   Link #30
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I finally dug a bit into Chapter 2. I was surprised at how they layed the game out. First we have what is like a Next Episode Preview, then the opening plays again, then some stuff happens and then the title card for Chapter 2 finally comes up. It felt so much like how anime series are organized.

I like the extra artistic touches this game adds to its storytelling method a lot. I'm starting to see why the Image for this game is so huge, it's because everything that they could have easily just have coasted on an insane amount of detail and attention payed to it. I mean when was the last time you saw a game where the background is actually animated and the characters themselves have different bits of animation other than stand and lip flap (Precia actually turns around and walks away showing her back at one point and Fil ducks of the screen and leans her head out mischieveously at one point and those are just two example of many. The characters move all over the place quite often, and scenes play out bits of animation while you are reading and will continue to for a fair bit of time until you click for the next line of text or it reaches the end, by which time you know you are a slow reader. People need to play the game to see exactly what I mean by that. I just wasn't expecting it in an Eroge). I don't think I can recall any H-Game I've ever played that was this detailed.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 19:51   Link #31
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Ah yes, the idle animations. On top of the random eyeblinks, you have Priecia's ahoge, Fel's ears, lol.

The backgrounds really hit me hard when I first saw them. Insanely well-done 3D CG for an erogame.
Old 2007-06-19, 20:19   Link #32
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Ah yes, the idle animations. On top of the random eyeblinks, you have Priecia's ahoge, Fel's ears, lol.

The backgrounds really hit me hard when I first saw them. Insanely well-done 3D CG for an erogame.
It's not just that, sometimes when an important event kicks in they will actually manipulate the sprite in a certain way. It isn't always the same either I've found. When something needs to be conveyed they actually go out of their way to make it look like its playing out rather than just say, sliding the sprites around to simulate it.
Old 2007-06-19, 21:03   Link #33
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Oh yeah you say you're in chapter 2. I don't remember exactly if that's the one, but did you meet our cute miko-san yet?
Old 2007-06-19, 21:08   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Oh yeah you say you're in chapter 2. I don't remember exactly if that's the one, but did you meet our cute miko-san yet?
She seemed dead at the beginning of the chapter when she jumped in to the battle with the Ninja's. That battle was all Precia. Even Filia was slightly more useful in baiting the enemies away and trying to attend to the Miko. You're not telling me that she survived that bloodletting blow to the chest?
Old 2007-06-19, 22:17   Link #35
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

If you ever get around to playing her route, you'll learn so much more.
Old 2007-06-21, 06:51   Link #36
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Kagura! Yay, Kagura! When I found out more about her character, I really ended up liking her a lot.
Old 2007-07-08, 11:38   Link #37
saphyre

So I completed this game for the first time today.
Spoiler for My thoughts, contains spoilers :):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
I recommend starting from the beginning. There are specific prisms fixed certain choices you need to make in order to get Fel/Kagura, and some of the battles added hard routes you can attempt.
This is a problem... I tend to randomly pick things when it comes to making choices, and I don't exactly remember what I've picked since I left the game there for about 2 months before starting it again. I don't know any Japanese except for the name of the characters .
Well, I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes. If there's anyone out there with a little guide that could help me along the way to get Fel/Kagura it'd be very much appreciated.
Also just realised the voice cast for 'Felia' is the same voice cast as 'Seto San' from 'Seto no Hanayome', possibly one of the best comedy anime series airing atm.
Not to mention that Seto San is also my favourite character in the series.

Last edited by saphyre; 2007-07-09 at 08:23.
saphyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 02:18   Link #38
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Thread resurrection!!!

I have 1.02b and there's this annoying problem where after a movie plays, the sound settings all get reset and I have to open the options menu to get them to take effect again. What can I do about this?
Old 2007-08-13, 04:07   Link #39
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

That. is. odd.

o_o I never had a problem with that. Maybe there's some patch on the official site that might fix it?
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-13, 11:45   Link #40
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Thread resurrection!!!

I have 1.02b and there's this annoying problem where after a movie plays, the sound settings all get reset and I have to open the options menu to get them to take effect again. What can I do about this?
Is it a reset each time you play. Maybe you want to check if it's actually saving your audio settings to disk in the appropriate file. Maybe check and see if you can find the file and see when the last modification was.