AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 2 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 19.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 30.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-05, 05:05   Link #41
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
I want an Akane season, now. And don't point me towards Akane Maniax, TakaxAkane is the better pairing

Haruka faceplant at the end was indeed lolworthy, though it would've been even better if Akane screamed "Of course I understand! I LOVE HIM!!!" right before it happened.

Then have the words "BAD END" appear
I shouldn't, I really shouldn't...but I laughed..
Old 2008-07-05, 19:43   Link #42
Rajunanime

I remember reading somewhere that volume 3 would contain 2 episodes. Now we all know that there's a 4th episode to conclude the story arc but is it with Volume 3 or is it to be released in the future?

EDIT: Apparently the two episodes on volume 3 thing is from Wikipedia so it's probably not too credible. If anyone knows about it though information would be appreciated!
Old 2008-07-07, 18:48   Link #43
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

based on what i saw this couldn't be the last episode. i think there probably gonna make a new series or something.

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
Old 2008-07-08, 03:08   Link #44
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So, I was so pissed because I thought that this was the final episode too, but then it wasn't, so all is good...or is it?

The problem with this OVA is that it tried to copy the dramatic levels of the series, which more or less didn't work. It worked in some parts and just overdone in other parts, such as the coma at the end. The "Akane episode" isn't boring at all, and I actually enjoyed a good part of it. All I will say is unless episode 4 follows up episode 3 nicely and deliver a nice ending, I will be disappointed. Because right now, episode 3 by itself isn't very good.

What I hope is to be proven wrong, and she just merely fainted instead of going into a coma, because episode 3 would have received a solid 7/10 up until that moment. I will have faith in the final episode, because I enjoyed all of episode 2 and most of episode 3. But hey, Akane got some moe points from me, definitely.

6/10, because of comedy value when Akane meets Takayuki at work.
Old 2008-07-08, 03:18   Link #45
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
The problem with this OVA is that it tried to copy the dramatic levels of the series
It's impossible, because scenario isn't good enough, just think that this is an addition, like in the game, nothing more. 7/10.
Old 2008-07-08, 03:23   Link #46
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

So should a Mitsuki fan be watching this?
I watched half of the first OVA when it was released mooonths ago, but I was busy or something and I guess I never got back to it.
Eh, Mitsuki had left and I was liek "NOOO", and then I think went to an aquarium where stuff happened and whatnot and then I left.
Old 2008-07-08, 03:26   Link #47
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
So should a Mitsuki fan be watching this?
If you like Kiminozo for characters - then yes. If you want to know their additional stories - then yes. If you really want the same level as in TV - then no. If you don't like Haruka - then no. If you're a die-hard Mitsuki fan - then no.
Old 2008-07-08, 04:17   Link #48
DanielisGENESIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
If you like Kiminozo for characters - then yes. If you want to know their additional stories - then yes. If you really want the same level as in TV - then no. If you don't like Haruka - then no. If you're a die-hard Mitsuki fan - then no.
signed.

But about the TV level thing, I may beg to differ though. It's mainly because it's a Haruka route, you can't exactly make it as dramatic as the TV version, which would be based on Mitsuki's Route.
Old 2008-07-08, 05:16   Link #49
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Meh, I'm a Mitsuki fan, but I still find the series enjoyable. The overall mood is similar to the series (in my opinion), but there isn't a lot to go on. The reason the TV series worked because there is forced drama. The OVA chooses the easy route, so it's trying to turn a "and they live happily ever after" into 4 episodes, which I admit is quite hard. I really never expected more, and it's not a disaster like I first thought when I heard about it. However, because of the ending of episode 3, episode 4 will really be the main deciding factor on whether or not the OVA will be "good enough" (doesn't have to be on par) to go with the series.
Old 2008-07-20, 04:55   Link #50
Key Board
Carbon

Talking

they're not going to make yet another new kiminozo season

that's just asking to be brutally murdered by muvluv fans
Old 2008-07-20, 08:50   Link #51
DanielisGENESIS

any news when EP4 will be out?
Old 2008-07-20, 11:33   Link #52
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

It should be in the end of August. Actually, there is a date in one online shop - August 22.
Old 2008-07-22, 08:02   Link #53
DanielisGENESIS

where did that online shop got the info I wonder, I don't see the date on their official page =S
Old 2008-07-23, 04:25   Link #54
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Who knows, maybe, at the first half of august.
Old 2008-08-01, 23:20   Link #55
MasterJ633

Send a message via AIM to MasterJ633
Cool

I just got done watching the 1st 3 episodes of the OVA (Had just finished watching all 14 episodes earlier today).
After watching the 3rd OVA i was like WTF!? THAT'S IT!!!!!?, but then i look online and saw there was gonna be a 4th episode so i was able to breathe easier. I think the series has been good, kinda sad though.

I looked on Wikipedia and it says this:

OVA: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~
Studio Brains Base
Episodes 4
Released December 21, 2007 (ep. 1)
March 25, 2008 (ep. 2)
June 25, 2008 (ep. 3)
August 22, 2008 (ep. 4)

I think it will probably be subbed at MOST a week after it comes out.
When Death Note Episodes were coming out they had the episodes subbed in less then 24 hours after the episode was released, so we can hope they will be just as fast.
Old 2008-08-21, 14:11   Link #56
MasterJ633

Send a message via AIM to MasterJ633
oo. Episode 4 should be out tomorrow. Can't wait. Been wanting to see it for awhile since i finished episode 3.
(I know it may be 'Out' tomorrow, but it probably won't be subbed for a few days afterwords.)
Old 2009-04-10, 05:27   Link #57
Alchemist007
*Author

This was my most favorite ep. of the OVAs, I just like Akane!