AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-11, 05:35   Link #201
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Taken from the episode 10 thread, since it's a tech topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Also, didn't the Spallow totally make the Titus obsolete? Titus was able to counter Baqto with its heavy armor and superior strength, but utterly useless against a high mobility Zedas. Spallow was built in response, with greater mobility than Zedas and sharp blade that can even cut through Zedas' sword. By the same logic, shouldn't Spallow be able to fight Baqto well by dodging enemy attacks with superior mobility and then strikes with its blade? For now, Titus seems to specified for its own good.
I'm thinking that the Spallow is the most effective form for the AGE, when you think about it, it combines all the forms into one. First you got high speed, so it can keep up with the Zedas, and out maneuver the Gafran and Baqto. Then you got the green blade, which ripped apart the Zedas, and can probably do the same to the Baqto as well. Give it the shield and DODDs rifle, and you got the perfect AGE Gundam combination. The Titus pretty much is obsolete at this point.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 05:46   Link #202
casval cehack

Speedy Spallow, with its arm thrusters, doesn't have the capability the mount the normal shield (it can hold it though). The DODS rifle will probably work fine, giving it medium to long range offensive capabilities.

Seeing the nail gun in action confirmed its purpose; a distraction. I was half expecting the Spallow to deploy nail "beams" and knee kick the enemy, just like the Titus.
Old 2011-12-11, 05:52   Link #203
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Speedy Spallow, with its arm thrusters, doesn't have the capability the mount the normal shield (it can hold it though). The DODS rifle will probably work fine, giving it medium to long range offensive capabilities.

Seeing the nail gun in action confirmed its purpose; a distraction. I was half expecting the Spallow to deploy nail "beams" and knee kick the enemy, just like the Titus.
I'm sure it can be mounted on the arm if necessary. Nothing says the equipment isn't compatible. But the shield does not have handle, so it's either mounting or nothing.
Old 2011-12-11, 12:29   Link #204
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I'm sure it can be mounted on the arm if necessary. Nothing says the equipment isn't compatible.
Actually, the shield is incompatible with the Spallow's arms. The Spallow's arms are literally made to house engines to allow for its incredibly fast swings (as shown in this episode by its moving forearm plates), but at the cost of the hardpoints that allow the AGE-1 to mount its shield. There's literally nothing for the shield to attach to on the Spallow's forearm.

On another note, I'm surprised they broke out the mid-air (or space in this case) parts swapping ability this early in the series.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 18:07   Link #205
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I still don't exclude it form the realm of possibility. If they want it to be mounted, they'll have it be mounted. IMO.
Old 2011-12-11, 19:17   Link #206
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Spallow should dual-weild!

1-handed is pointless.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 19:21   Link #207
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Spallow should dual-weild!

1-handed is pointless.
Yeah that's a little weird to me. Why would the AGE Builder only make one of the Sigil blade?
Old 2011-12-11, 20:04   Link #208
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
I'm sure it can be mounted on the arm if necessary. Nothing says the equipment isn't compatible. But the shield does not have handle, so it's either mounting or nothing.
Probably could make a mod if they really wanted to but on a normal basis they'd really don't want to do that. Lightness is one of the Spallow's advantages and a shield would ruin that. Its armor is probably lighter already, so it needs to rely on evasion more than anything else. Its speed is certainly incredible to be able to match the Zedas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
On another note, I'm surprised they broke out the mid-air (or space in this case) parts swapping ability this early in the series.
They'd break the rules when they wish.

Quote:
Yeah that's a little weird to me. Why would the AGE Builder only make one of the Sigil blade?
I'm personally also wondering why it didnt bother to give it beam sabers frankly. Spare weapons are always nice and relative to the

Designs and abilities like Spallow literally scream for a duel-wield option of some sort. All that speed and I don't see the second arm doing much. Yes, a second sword will make it slightly heavier but the blade's size and look seem lightweight already.
Old 2011-12-11, 20:08   Link #209
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Soldiers who have to resort to knife fighting often only use one hand and keep the other free if they need to grapple their opponent to land a killing blow. I haven't seen the Sparrow in action yet (had to turn off the episode for unrelated reasons) but even seeing it using a single knife, it makes sense to keep the other hand free.
Old 2011-12-11, 20:50   Link #210
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

That has occurred to me as well, but its really the lack of option that botheres me more really as having dual short blades can give you a lot of advantages with a second blade. Options allow you to change the battle style as you see fit whether you want the left hand to be free or with a weapon. Which is why it really bothers me why the Spallow doesnt have any traditional beam saber spares. Not only are they lightweight (thus not interfering with the speed too much either while being used or being kept), but their length adjustable features mean it can give Spallow a long blade if needed without sacrificing speed.

The Spallow is really that fast that its more marginally advantageous to have the second blade available as a slasshing and that if a grappling hand is needed, its a simple matter of releasing the weapon or keeping it. As it is, the Spallow is almost toast if it loses its only Sigil Blade since its left with only the Needlegun. And melee weapons usually have a higher displacement rate than range weapons since they can either get damaged or get displaced by an opponent, so spares are always important (it certainly helped Exia lots of time especially against powerful skilled opponents who are good at it, even if I think seven might be pushing it a bit).
Old 2011-12-11, 21:20   Link #211
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I think after episode 10, I'm gonna lean towards the UE being piloted, at least the Zedas is. If Desil could control mecha with his mind, he could of done that with AGE. There wouldn't of been any need for him to hijack it himself. Plus given his freak out, it looks like he was one uped in his skill. If he had just been controlling it, I don't think he would of been that upset.
Old 2011-12-11, 21:42   Link #212
PzIVf3

Well speed and flexibility were the keys to the survival. Carrying less armament which gives result much faster.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 22:39   Link #213
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

IMO Spallow should have at least have a small shield, some sort of arm gauntlet on its left arm. That way, it won't have its arm chopped up if it goes melee with enemies with two swords
Old 2011-12-11, 23:34   Link #214
Nvis
Where are the good animes

At least give Spallow a beam saber(G-Exes output) on its free hand?

I mean, how heavy is a beam saber(it's just that cylindrical grip area)?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 23:49   Link #215
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:

If ya look at the G-Exes blueprints from episode 9, you'll see its beam sabers are nearly twice as big as a regular one. Plus, given the fact the Spallow is a lightweight machine, any addition weight not meant for the Spallow could handicap it.

Which is what a shield would do....but hey I wanna see it with a shield anyway.
Old 2011-12-12, 01:26   Link #216
monster

Quote:
I think after episode 10, I'm gonna lean towards the UE being piloted, at least the Zedas is. If Desil could control mecha with his mind, he could of done that with AGE. There wouldn't of been any need for him to hijack it himself. Plus given his freak out, it looks like he was one uped in his skill. If he had just been controlling it, I don't think he would of been that upset.
Well, first of all, I don't think that there's any mind control piloting going on here.

But having said that, since we don't know yet how the UE mobile suits work, you can't really say that because Desil didn't control AGE with his mind, that means that he's not controlling the UE mobile suits with his mind either. For all we know, there could be an embedded technology that is needed for mind control.

Again, I'm not saying that it is mind control at all.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 02:39   Link #217
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:

Shouldnt be too heavy. A G-Exes saber might be too big, but comeone a regular one would do. I know Spallow likely won't have the screentime to use them even if it it had extra sabers, but from a profile prospective it enchances the design more for situations. Like it was actually designed by engineers for some sort of contingecy rather than some fancy Google automatic mobile suit auto-engineer.

Still, at least its a damn good Google automatic mobile suit auto-engineer though. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
IMO Spallow should have at least have a small shield, some sort of arm gauntlet on its left arm. That way, it won't have its arm chopped up if it goes melee with enemies with two swords
I think any shield of sorts is might be two heavy, even a small lightweight one. Its incredibly fast, so I reckon it was designed to evade things in general. I know a shield is quite practical as an option equipment and all, but because the Spallow is a variant that will likely not see screentime that much, they might not have designed them as full actual designs. You sometimes kinda get the feeling that they seem like mere extensions of AGE-1 Normal than anything.

I still wish Ebikawa just placed the beam sabers on the backside of AGE-1 Normal (like Exia and 00) just so Spallow could have accessed beam sabers from there easily.
Old 2011-12-12, 03:04   Link #218
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, first of all, I don't think that there's any mind control piloting going on here.

But having said that, since we don't know yet how the UE mobile suits work, you can't really say that because Desil didn't control AGE with his mind, that means that he's not controlling the UE mobile suits with his mind either. For all we know, there could be an embedded technology that is needed for mind control.

Again, I'm not saying that it is mind control at all.
Some people around here have been mentioning the idea. All started when Desil said "That's enough" and the Zedas returned in episode 9.
Old 2011-12-12, 03:18   Link #219
monster

Quote:
Some people around here have been mentioning the idea. All started when Desil said "That's enough" and the Zedas returned in episode 9.
I personally thought that was Desil giving an order to someone off screen.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 03:18   Link #220
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I personally thought that was Desil giving an order to someone off screen.
That's exactly what I've been proposing.