Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-18, 11:19   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's the eyes. Combined with the shadeless clean b&w look.

Yeah, that too. BTW: As I said above, is it possible for you to clarify the samurai's name for us? Thanks in advance.
Old 2012-04-18, 11:37   Link #22
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
hmm i wonder how Oda differentiated smoke-smoke fruit and gas-gas fruit
If he goes by actual meanings of the words, smoke is made up of solid or liquid particles suspended in air, while gas is a state of matter.

As far as we've seen, Smoker's smoke mainly binds and traps people while CC seems to be working with poisonous gases to kill.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-04-18, 12:48   Link #23
Rainbowman

Review time:

Colorspread- What do we have this time?

Main Story: We get to see Ceaser Crown's full appearance and bounty. And to think I thought Ceaser Crown had a grudge against Vegapunk for making him into a mutation creature when all along CC has powers of the Gas Gas Fruit (although having said powers might be part of his grudge ). At any rate, the Gas Gas Fruit would have to be in the Logia class. One unfortunate thing I'll never let down upon the Gas Gas Fruit introduction is the gas jokes that follows which my brother will no doubt take advantage of.
Old 2012-04-18, 12:50   Link #24
yakumo-chan

All I can say in this chapter is that Tashigi is not wearing a Bra
Old 2012-04-18, 12:53   Link #25
Rainbowman

^Are you sure about that?
Old 2012-04-18, 12:59   Link #26
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
^Are you sure about that?
im sure she is not wearing a bra
Old 2012-04-18, 13:02   Link #27
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
im sure she is not wearing a bra
Are you sure you get the concept of sarcasm?
Old 2012-04-18, 13:05   Link #28
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Are you sure you get the concept of sarcasm?
yes
Old 2012-04-18, 14:33   Link #29
Rainbowman

Any proof that Tashigi isn't wearing a bra?
Old 2012-04-18, 14:55   Link #30
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Caesar looks like a hybrid look, crossing Kidd and Caribou's roguishness and elements of their composure, etc. I don't really see the Naruto similarity anywhere, much like james0246.

Also, if Smoker is in Tashigi's body, and Tashigi is then naturally in Smoker's body, I assume that Tashigi can use Smoker's Logia fruit powers while within his body, no doubt. That proposition is being drawn from the fact that when Franky entered Chopper's body, chopper didn't revert to his native form, the pure reindeer, but was able to maintain the "Karate-do" Chopper form.

If Tashigi can use Smoker's Smoke Smoke fruit, then I would like to see exactly how much her competence will improve while in his body, and in the same vein, how much of his competence Smoker will be able to uphold while in Tashigi's body. It's hgihly variant pending a lot of factors, but suffice it to say that Tashigi is a Marine officer whose body and mucles are strong enough to redirect an incoming cannon shot.

There's enough potential in that body for Smoker to use, even though the switch is most likely going to be temporary.

For the rest, I'm as always, excited to read the chapter when it's out and at large.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2012-04-18, 16:02   Link #31
golgo13

CC's design is quite terrifying. He looks like a psychopath, that combined with what looked like more light-hearted design and attitude makes him a perfect sociopath too. He has horns similar to magellan, is it a poison type theme or some race?

The fact that there is a high-ranking marine pulling strings behind the scenes is yet another crack against justice for smoker. The "don't be fooled by appearances" lines as he is tashigis body was funny

So it looks like even vegapunk was doing testing on prisoners, I wonder if he ate the brain-brain fruit hehe.
Old 2012-04-18, 16:33   Link #32
marvelB

While I'm sure that Oda will come up with some interesting uses of CC's gas fruit, I'm actually kinda more interested in the samurai's ability at the moment. I mean, he was capable of magically transforming rocks and leaves into warm clothes, so I'm really interested as to what's the full extent of his ability. Like, can he even create living creatures or weapons? Maybe turn an ordinary stone into seastone? Frankly, I can already see him having one of the most potentially broken abilities unless Oda reveals the limits of his power soon enough.....
Old 2012-04-18, 17:10   Link #33
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If CC's gas experiments are performed with his own ability's supply of gas, it probably means he can use combustible, explosive gases as well as toxic, nerve and hallucinogenic gases.

He is a weapon of mass destruction by himself.

The Samurai's ability is the most magical in nature, if not the only magic we've seen in One Piece yet. I normally don't like to talk about who's going to join the crew, but if his ability is so unique and has so much comedic interaction with the Strawhats he is building up to be a likely candidate. The chances would increase if he is actually more of a magician than a swordsman.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2012-04-18 at 17:23.
Old 2012-04-18, 17:20   Link #34
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Any proof that Tashigi isn't wearing a bra?
I'm unclear why this is important, but we can clearly see Tashigi's 'hidden valley' (her sternum or her cleavage, depending on your view) and the lack of any material between indicates that she is not wearing a bra. Again, I do not know why this is important...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
If CC's gas experiments are performed with his own ability's supply of gas, it probably means he can use combustible, explosive gases as well as toxic, nerve and hallucinogenic gases.
And he is yet another villain that Luffy has developed a partial immunity to.
Old 2012-04-18, 17:49   Link #35
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, that too. BTW: As I said above, is it possible for you to clarify the samurai's name for us? Thanks in advance.
From what I gathered his name is Kinemon the Hitodama (Will o' Wisp). Why they would nickname him Will o' Wisp when he uses tanuki like powers is beyond me...but I've seen worst titles in OP

Last edited by Randrak42; 2012-04-18 at 18:19.
Old 2012-04-18, 17:53   Link #36
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I'm surprised none of the guys in girls bodies have tried to go in private and check out the goods.
Old 2012-04-18, 17:57   Link #37
Jouten

I don't want the Samurai to join... And I don't think he will either.
Also I don't think the Harpy girl will join. Actually, why does everyone assume that someone has to join after this arc?
Old 2012-04-18, 18:13   Link #38
james0246

There's too many swordsmen with the Strawhats as it is. So, I'm also against Will o' the-Wisp Kinemon (if that is his name) joining the crew, no matter how cool his powers may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
I'm surprised none of the guys in girls bodies have tried to go in private and check out the goods.
Sanji is more than happy to whip out Nami's assets and give them a test run no matter the audience or the location. And, Smoker has already made himself quite comfortable in Tashigi's body.
Old 2012-04-18, 18:19   Link #39
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Wait...where has there been any mention on anyone joining the crew in this thread!?
Old 2012-04-18, 18:29   Link #40
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

He is a weapon of mass destruction by himself.

The Samurai's ability is the most magical in nature, if not the only magic we've seen in One Piece yet. I normally don't like to talk about who's going to join the crew, but if his ability is so unique and has so much comedic interaction with the Strawhats he is building up to be a likely candidate. The chances would increase if he is actually more of a magician than a swordsman.
^there, but I also see it constantly discussed on other boards
Closed Thread