AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-10-16, 07:06   Link #37601
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, just write what you mood tell you really. Just now I watch "R2B" which is fucking awesome, on par with Transformers or Battleship. As expected from a military-supported patriotic film. It helped to refreshen the mood that damn Pixy broke

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-10-16 at 07:17.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 07:30   Link #37602
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Question:

What do you think of a person who keep Knife as hobby.... Not for hurting or cutting things.

Just keeping them as collection like stamps.

Edit:
Another Question:

What kind of things-collecting hobby consider weird but not psychopathic?
Old 2012-10-16, 07:33   Link #37603
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

There's person who collect guns or swords, so there.

BTW, before long I just realized: I'M RUNNING OUT OF PROTOTYPES!
Old 2012-10-16, 07:39   Link #37604
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
There's person who collect guns or swords, so there.

BTW, before long I just realized: I'M RUNNING OUT OF PROTOTYPES!
If you need one more prototype then you can use the Shinden. Otherwise the AC3 fighters remain.

Don't be afraid to go for some more exotic fighters if need be or use more fighters of the same type. One of the good things about the AC-verse is there is a lot of fighters to choose.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 07:41   Link #37605
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oh yeah, the Shinden.

Though, it's seems that none of the originals are carrier-capable, which mean problem for the Kestrel-based Razgriz. I guess I'll just tone down the superplane frenzy and gave them uniformized plane.
Old 2012-10-16, 07:45   Link #37606
EagleBlue

Quote:
Oh yeah, the Shinden.

Though, it's seems that none of the originals are carrier-capable, which mean problem for the Kestrel-based Razgriz. I guess I'll just tone down the superplane frenzy and gave them uniformized plane.
A little while before the Kestrel was destroyed, it was modified to accept non-carrier based planes if I remember correctly.

Well you should tone it down. They're prototypes not mass-produced planes, you shouldn't see them in combat much. This is not Gundam.
Old 2012-10-16, 07:55   Link #37607
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Exactly

Though, I'm running out of normal, high end plane too. More or less, because logistic DO matter.

Houki's Falken and Ling's J-20 is rendered inop after the destruction of Arkbird, Osean pilot also never use Sukhoi or MiGs (though Yukes using American craft is a plot point *cough*Grunder*cough*), ISAF use pillaged Erusea planes only in emergency.
Old 2012-10-16, 08:08   Link #37608
EagleBlue

Quote:
^ Exactly

Though, I'm running out of normal, high end plane too. More or less, because logistic DO matter.

Houki's Falken and Ling's J-20 is rendered inop after the destruction of Stonehenge, ISAF never flew European craft, Osean pilot also never use Sukhoi or MiGs (though Yukes using American craft is a plot point *cough*Grunder*cough*)
Just keep using the more common planes then. Heck, the official planes of some of the PCs are the F-15C, F-14, and F-16. And enemy aces use common planes just fine for the most part.

If you need more planes though, there is the Fenrir, Varcolac, Cariburn, Fregata and Apalis.
Old 2012-10-16, 08:25   Link #37609
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'd want to use Cariburn or Apalis, but the timeline is waay too far. I guess I'll go for Tomcats
Old 2012-10-16, 09:08   Link #37610
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Spoiler for Shenlong Swu-li:

What kind of propulsion Am I looking for if all it does is oscillate the surounding air or whatever medium is around?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 09:16   Link #37611
Eratas123

See you guys tomorrow
Old 2012-10-16, 09:19   Link #37612
demino_hellsin
That one guy

See you sometime then.
Old 2012-10-16, 09:21   Link #37613
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
I dunno, high frequency scale system maybe?
Old 2012-10-16, 09:31   Link #37614
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I have an idea for Setsura full dress now but I don't know the plausibility of it.

Origane would be mostly the same as its first concept but with a few mods. It's still made of several swords, but these swords can be folded and put together in such a way that the Origane can become other weapons, mostly samurai in nature. Bow, matchlock(style) rifle, maybe even naginata and other polearms.

The Setsura full dress is mostly just part of the external armoring of the Byakushiki (at least in current concept). The Setsura would have more western weapons which include katars over sleeve and 9mm pistols(which can still fire barrier void energy) under sleeve. In the body of the Setsura are spread out micro thrusters which normally just oscillate the surrounding medium to assist in propulsion but it's main use is to release energy void particles to defend against attacks.
Old 2012-10-16, 09:37   Link #37615
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oscillation-induced movement is plausible, but the maximum speed is limited by the integrity of the medium itself, which mean very slow compared to normal thruster. You're limited to few hundred km/h in the air and less than 60 mph underwater.

I have such propulsion in my fanon design, but it's a bit... handwavy. Theoretically, it's capable of subluminal velocity, but there'll never enough energy to do that, so normally it's only used for extended supercruise (continuous supersonic dash in low altitude)

Good night.
Old 2012-10-16, 09:44   Link #37616
demino_hellsin
That one guy

would such output used in maneuvering thrusters matter in supersonic flight? I'm skeptical about it but a second opinion never hurt.
Old 2012-10-16, 09:51   Link #37617
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Which one do you talking about? Yours or mine?

The output doesn't really matter, it was the mechanism itself. Physical medium has their limit, and material breakdown will occur in transition phase and there will be loss of grip = loss of trust. In yours, the limits are sonic boom and cavitaiton, respectively.

Mine is not exactly physical in traditional sense, and the only limit is the output and shielding...
Old 2012-10-16, 10:04   Link #37618
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I see.

Sp that means the issue is contact with said medium.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:10   Link #37619
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, that's if you want detail.

Hence in most of my fanon, thruster type is important.

For example, Jia Long is limited to Mach 3.3 even at high altitude (as opposed to Mach 4 for most I.S.), due to her using rotating turbines than straight rocket or cyrogenic compressor. But she has WICKED acceleration by any I.S. standard, not even AkaTsubaki can comes close. Meanwhile, BT Strike Gunner is capable of reaching hypersonic speed (Mach 5+), but it's low speed flight is pathetically inefficient.

Otherwise, the usual. Rule of Cool. Hey, even I have visual stealth, strange ECM, and teleport.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:17   Link #37620
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I actually wanted to put teleport in the Setsura, but I realized that was more Senrigan's place. I wanted also the improvement of the pilot's capabilities but that felt more like Ninneveh's wisdom. So I came up with the three different particles generated by the three different machines.

I want to focus Byakushiki's abilities on the void particle.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest