AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 11 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 2 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 16.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-10-17, 13:51   Link #61
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I don't get why some people hate Nanami, is it a western thing?
Maybe it's because she seems too "perfect"?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2016-10-17, 16:51   Link #62
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

People hate Nanami?
Old 2016-10-18, 10:46   Link #63
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Maybe it's because she seems too "perfect"?
She was very autistic to me, her way of talking and habits.
Old 2016-11-01, 21:38   Link #64
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This was a tale of hope that ended in despair. However, to me it finished with despair not for the aforementioned reasons.

The serious flaw this ending episode had to conclude the whole Despair arc was that they addressed too many plot points that made the narrative breaking apart or jumbling.

For starters, I felt the inclusion of the 78th Class students boarding up the schools was unnecessary, because the characters were treated just like extras making forced cameos.

The story and mutual killings of the 78th Class were covered with full details in the first Danganronpa game and the first anime, so I believe it would have sufficed only with Junko sharing her thoughts with her sister Mukuro about how troublesome she feels having someone like Naegi with his unpredictable luck roaming around.

Instead, to me it would have turned more interesting exploring more on Kirigiri Jin's persona: his troubled relationship with his daughter Kyoko, and the difficult tribulations he had to face while enforcing the Shelter Program at the old Hope's Peak Academy at the earliest days of the tragedy.

Second, it would've been nice as well going deeper on Hajime/Izuru scheming his ways as part of his plan to get revenge on Junko, but I understand that I must play the Danganronpa 2 game in order to fully learn the extent of his character and complexities that entailed for him living his experience inside the New World Program.

Lastly, a serious flaw that somebody mentioned to me three years agao lies on Enoshima Junko. She only works well as a character glimpsed at, seen from a distance, or briefly mentioned.
But, once she starts to interact as a full character, then my nerves twitched insanely with frustration and exasperation.
The b***h has nothing else except "despair" programmed in her brain cells; she doesn't talk of anything else except despair itself.

Gosh, Enoshima Junko as a secret and mysterious, mastermined trope character is truly frightening, but as your everyday plot character is annoying as hell.
Old 2016-11-02, 04:59   Link #65
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To be completely fair, for me she was pretty much how I imagined her tbh. Junko Enoshima is a complete anomaly within the huge crowd of humans. She has no sad backstory or anything, she's just unhinged and unpredictable.

As for all the "cameos". I do think the scene with Naegi's really abnormal luck (having a bad thing happen to him which causes him to avoid a different bad thing) is kind of noteworthy.
Old 2019-03-17, 11:48   Link #66
FFTHEWINNER

finished the eleventh,and unfortunately final, despair arc episode. first,i would like to mention that i am sad this is finished,as it was the one arc that was enjoyable.

-the "viewers perspective" line followed by the ass slap was pretty hilarious XD

-so the group hypno took place off screen. that is unfortunate. i would have preferred to see it happen in full ala the student council events,as it would have been far more enjoyable then. the scene of them all suiciding like moths to the flame and sakura petals to the ground was a pretty good one though.

-the graduation scene confused me. was it supposed to be a joke between them or something? i mean,they were talking about peace and not killing with the whirly eyes >_>.

-the "meet them once more" part was weird too. how did Izuru know already about what would happen literally years in advance? it is implied that he planned the whole island thing,but a set of very specific things happened to make that possible that he in no way could have propheted at that point,ultimate analyst or no. it is obvious that he meant the island thing though,so it seems like this line was the same thing as Nagito's similar line in the end of DR:UDG. a foreshadowing that was very poorly thought out.

-so it seems like the students burned and destroyed almost all of the school,yet we see it in the end safe and sound. did the FF fix it?but how?didnt jin kirigiri lock the students in the areas that remained almost immediately after the events of this episode?

-there was a weird translation error in my sub.Based on my limited japanese,Junko said Naegi was the one person she couldnt predict,yet the translation said he was the one she could predict >_>

-she tried to kill him XD.the dude is lucky indeed lol XD.i wish she managed to do it though. a world that Queen Junko rules would have been far more intriguing

-so they only showed a few shots of a few of the despairs working,which disappointed me. i had hoped to see far more of that,or at least see all of them.Regardless, i tried to analyze what we saw:
--peko and fuyuhiko murdered a Parliament? that was as random as it gets 0_o
--Sonia(i think)was inside a command center watching a city burn. most likely a neighboring country that she ordered invaded.
--akane beat up people in a dirty alley. i presume that is her "gutter home"that she talked about in DR2.
--the last one was the weirdest. somebody was underground,and it looked from afar like ryota,but ryota isnt a despair and thus it cant be him. who was that then? 0_o

-the last scene was weird. junko was in the 77th classroom,with the sealed windows, and she lifted the fallen Monokuma up. this reminds me of the ending of DR1,but that makes no sense. does this scene imply junko is still alive?or did it take place before she started her plan?her face also felt somewhat different in it. i am confused lol.

-so from the DR2 after credits scene it seems like Izuru was still awake inside Hajime even during DR2's events? damn lol.

a confusing,but still intriguing,episode.

also,i would like to mention something that has occurred to me for a long while: what happened to class 79?
The anime starts at the first year of class 77 after all,and ends with their graduation. that is 3 years. also,DR1 states that the first year of Class 78 was completely peaceful,then the events started happening in the second year,which further proves that. there is also the time needed for DR0 to happen.
so,that means that there WAS a class 79,that stayed for one troubled year. yet we NEVER hear anything about them whatsoever. not from any source. that is legit weird to me
it was mentioned in this episode that all perished except class 78. does that mean that class 79 all died? because i find it hard to believe that a whole class of ultimates would die just like that.
so yeah,any thoughts/ideas about this?
Old 2019-03-19, 13:45   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTHEWINNER View Post
it was mentioned in this episode that all perished except class 78. does that mean that class 79 all died? because i find it hard to believe that a whole class of ultimates would die just like that.
so yeah,any thoughts/ideas about this?
It's possible some of them survived and joined the Future Foundation. I think they most likely all died though. I don't think their fate was mentioned in any material.
Old 2019-03-19, 14:07   Link #68
FFTHEWINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's possible some of them survived and joined the Future Foundation. I think they most likely all died though. I don't think their fate was mentioned in any material.
it isnt just their fate that wasnt mentioned. they themselves were never even acknowledged to exist. that is the weirdest part. all the evidence firmly proves that they existed,yet the DR series has always acted as if they didnt 0_o.

like,i find it hard to believe that a class full of ultimates would simply be wiped out by random mobs,but even if we go with that they could have atleast acknowledged their existence at some point .
Closed Thread