AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-30, 07:36   Link #2061
CptChaos

Couldn't really decide in terms of moe or best character, so I chose the waifu route and quite interestingly ended up voting for Fūko.
Old 2013-12-30, 08:24   Link #2062
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Couldn't decide how to vote, too many girls I'd like to support. In the end I voted for Angel Beats' Yuri. I did her a disservice when the first episode aired so I decided it's fitting that I right that wrong by picking her out of all the others for this one.
Old 2013-12-30, 23:40   Link #2063
Team Rocket Elite

Congrats to Misaka Mikoto! It's a landslide victory. Now if only her fans cared this much about the Tiara she might win another one of them. I expected Homura to be a lot stronger in this format and it really showed. She was near the bottom of Nova in the regular season, but it terms of dedicated support she's way up there with the elites. Holo is another character who as expected to benefit from the format and she did quite well as well. What susprised me was how well Shinobu did. She's not very strong and her fanbase was being split 5 ways. She ends up being competitive with Hitagi. Shinobu really did look close to Hitagi back in 2012 but was a shadow of her former self in 2013. I hesitate to make any serious claim for 2014 from these results but it would be nice if Shinobu got stronger again. C.C. is another character I expected to do well in this format and that also showed in her results. Konata and Kurisu doing so well was a bit surprising, though. Unsurprisingly, Yuri and Yui-nyan get totally hammered due to Kanade being in the poll ans requiring support. Rikka was able to put down the hammer on Shinka and Touka so they don't look too good either. Nadeko also suffers a lot due to the poll format and the division of the Monogatari fanbase. Nadeko tends to have a unusually low first place votes to strength ratio. I guess while a lot of people like her, not as many people love her. Recent events in Monogatari may have also been a factor. One thing that's interesting is how Clannad did. Despite splitting votes three way, they tended to do better than you would expect independent characters of the same strength to do. Overall the results are pretty interesting. I'd love to see this match come back next year.
Old 2013-12-31, 00:42   Link #2064
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Would have loved to see her finish higher, but I will take a top 1/4 finish.
Old 2013-12-31, 01:26   Link #2065
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Mikoto's victory is really something else. It's not even remotely close. She apparently has over 1,000 voters that'll vote for her over pretty much anybody.

I'm also surprised at how high Shana is, and how much higher she is than Taiga. It probably is too late for Shana to turn this support into anything helpful, but it's interesting.

With Mikoto and Shana taking up 2 of the top 3 spots, it looks like JC Staff might be a popular anime studio for ISML voters.
Old 2013-12-31, 03:11   Link #2066
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Mikoto's victory is really something else. It's not even remotely close. She apparently has over 1,000 voters that'll vote for her over pretty much anybody.

I'm also surprised at how high Shana is, and how much higher she is than Taiga. It probably is too late for Shana to turn this support into anything helpful, but it's interesting.

With Mikoto and Shana taking up 2 of the top 3 spots, it looks like JC Staff might be a popular anime studio for ISML voters.
If we had similar poll 1 year ago, I think Mikoto and Shana would have been clear No.1 and 2, while Kanade may even be 4th or lower.
Old 2013-12-31, 18:30   Link #2067
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I am happy Mikoto not Kanade was shown to have most dedicated fanbase .

And was especially surprised just how well Homura did in this format .
MAL
Closed Thread

Tags
isml, saimoe