Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2012-04-07, 16:03   Link #1881
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectus View Post
hum... but supposing she went to check on him why didn't she knock on the room's door even once instead of stand still the whole time?
I think Rena was just as curious to hear Oiishi's story as Keiichi was. Even if she couldn't make out everything Oiishi said (80's landline phones, afterall), Rena could still learn a lot from Keiichi's questions, especially the one pertaining to her. She probably knew it would only frighten Keiichi further if she suddenly knocked on the door during their conversation (since Keiichi would still be frantically wondering what Rena's story is, but be too scared to actually ask her about it - remember, the "outsider in a foreign land" mentality is already firmly planted in his mind).
Old 2012-04-07, 23:58   Link #1882
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
I'm not sure; in Onikakushi-hen, Mion doesn't know about Tomitake's death. (She wouldn't joke about "We'll have you meet Tomitake's fate." if she did.) I doubt Rena does either.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 05:47   Link #1883
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectus View Post
hum... but supposing she went to check on him why didn't she knock on the room's door even once instead of stand still the whole time?
IIRC, Keiichi got mad at Rena earlier that day as they were walking home from school. Rena tried to find out from Keiichi what the matter was, but Keiichi had just yelled at her. Therefore, Rena was somewhat afraid of him and didn't want to actually talk to him. At least, that's my theory.
Old 2012-04-09, 11:03   Link #1884
Seronei

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
I'm not sure; in Onikakushi-hen, Mion doesn't know about Tomitake's death. (She wouldn't joke about "We'll have you meet Tomitake's fate." if she did.) I doubt Rena does either.
That is one point were the anime really screwed up as they don't show
Spoiler for VN spoilers from Onikakushi:
Meaning it's completely impossible to actually figure out they're not referring to his death.
Seronei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 11:38   Link #1885
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

They didn't show that? (Can't remember.) It is an important scene necessary to tell what Mion actually means.
Old 2012-04-09, 12:12   Link #1886
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
They didn't show that? (Can't remember.) It is an important scene necessary to tell what Mion actually means.
Spoiler for "The Needle and the Marker" Discussion:
Old 2012-04-09, 13:07   Link #1887
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Ah, I see...

Irie should have warned Mion and Rena that Keiichi could be dangerous.
Old 2012-04-09, 18:21   Link #1888
Lawfer

Is there a point in reading the 18 volumes released by Yen Press if you have already seen the whole animes (season 1, 2 + OVAs)? Or does the anime covered everything already?

Is HIGURASHI WHEN THEY CRY Atonement Arc Volume 4 the final book: http://www.yenpress.com/higurashi-when-they-cry/#V18

?
Lawfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 18:34   Link #1889
RandomAvatarFan

1) Yes. The manga includes some details in the VN that weren't covered in the anime. The entire story is covered, but you might get insight and/or start looking at the same scenes different ways. There's nothing that says you have to though, but "there's no point" is completely incorrect.

2) No. They are planning on releasing the Massacre chapter and Festival Music Chapter some time, I don't know when.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 18:37   Link #1890
Lawfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
1) Yes. The manga includes some details in the VN that weren't covered in the anime. The entire story is covered, but you might get insight and/or start looking at the same scenes different ways. There's nothing that says you have to though, but "there's no point" is completely incorrect.

2) No. They are planning on releasing the Massacre chapter and Festival Music Chapter some time, I don't know when.
Thank you.
Old 2012-04-09, 18:59   Link #1891
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfer View Post
Is there a point in reading the 18 volumes released by Yen Press if you have already seen the whole animes (season 1, 2 + OVAs)? Or does the anime covered everything already?

Is HIGURASHI WHEN THEY CRY Atonement Arc Volume 4 the final book: http://www.yenpress.com/higurashi-when-they-cry/#V18

?
The manga released so far also includes two arcs (Yoigoshi-hen / Beyond Midnight and Onisarishi-hen / Demon Exposing) not in the anime.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 19:04   Link #1892
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Yes, those arcs are original to the manga and were not featured in the anime, nor the original visual novels.
Old 2012-04-09, 19:05   Link #1893
Lawfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
The manga released so far also includes two arcs (Yoigoshi-hen / Beyond Midnight and Onisarishi-hen / Demon Exposing) not in the anime.
Do they add anything to the story?
Old 2012-04-09, 20:19   Link #1894
RandomAvatarFan

Oh I forgot about those and those are the only manga I own at the moment.

Yeah, they do I believe. Neither of them are in the main story line, but they add a little bit of insight to Hinamizawa and the characters. Plus they're really entertaining and the adult form of a certain Sonozaki twin is awesome.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 15:38   Link #1895
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Couldn't really think of where to ask this but I just finished reading the mangagamer version of Higurashi and the credit roll / SDF report on the I.I. was too damn fast for me to read.. does any1 know if there is a way to extract the image itself or know where to find a transcript online?
Old 2012-04-24, 17:36   Link #1896
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

You can use the ExtractData to extract the image files.
Old 2012-04-26, 19:09   Link #1897
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

worked perfectly, thanks!
Old 2012-04-27, 05:44   Link #1898
CrimsonMoonMist

In the tweaking Higurashi wiki for the music patches for Kai
Quote:
warning: with the way Mangagamer has been replacing the songs, you may end with duplicates or the wrong songs if you use this patch for EP8 in the future, just like if you use EP6 for EP7. Tread carefully.
Does this mean that I should delete the game after finishing an episode,
and reinstall and apply the patch for the next episode before beginning it,
or will just applying the next patch work fine?

Another question, does the translation pick up in quality at some point?
I mean, it's fine enough, the awkwardness of it did stop me from getting properly immersed in the beginning, but I got over it by the end of Onikakushi.
But I'd still like to know.
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 08:12   Link #1899
PBsaffran

Allegedly, the answer arcs (kai 5, 6,7,8) are much better. I'm sure many people here will confirm.
PBsaffran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 13:23   Link #1900
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

there are always a few mistakes, occasionally I'd notice a spelling/grammar mistake and laughed to myself that their proofreader must have been skimming it, but it's nothing to take you out of the story. There may have been 1 time through all the arcs that there was a mistake that just did not make sense and made me think about it before moving on, which made sense in the next lines context but alone was gibberish.

And about the Kai episodes, each one is stand-alone, so they won't affect each other. As long as you do everything right the music patch shouldn't have any problems. At least to my knowledge. I think what they meant by that warning is that say, randomsong.ogg in ep7 might be replaced properly by the ep7 patch, but in ep8 it might be called somesong.ogg and the patch for ep7 wont work. If you use the proper patches, ep7 = ep7, ep8 = ep8, there shouldnt be a problem