AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-09-09, 19:59   Link #7081
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

ah man, this is turning out way better than I hoped thus far. Chip Kelly's offense is lighting it up and my defense is doing great as well.

heck my OL, which I feel has been an issue for years now, is looking a lot better as well. Still showing some problems every now and again, but greatly improved from previous years.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 20:08   Link #7082
GDB

The offense is doing well, but for the number of drives and plays they've had they didn't really get going until the second quarter. I'd say it's actually that defense that improved the most. They're being beyond impressive. That, or the Redskins offense is so out of sync that it's making them look elite.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 20:22   Link #7083
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The offense is doing well, but for the number of drives and plays they've had they didn't really get going until the second quarter. I'd say it's actually that defense that improved the most. They're being beyond impressive. That, or the Redskins offense is so out of sync that it's making them look elite.
I think its a little bit of both in regards to the D.

Going back to the offense, my god Jackson needs to really stop the showboating. That play he got into a scuffle I could of sworn I saw him highstepping for a first down nearly in the middle of the field. Really getting sick of that guy.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 21:49   Link #7084
sky black swordman

Well, the Redskins made a comeback but it wasn't enough to comeback from a huge deficient. Honestly speaking, after the first half I was expecting a blow out by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Final score: Philadelphia Eagles 33 - Washington Redskins 27.
Old 2013-09-09, 23:49   Link #7085
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Hey wingdarkness. You actually gonna stick around this season? Or are you gonna bolt if the Saints go down the toilet early like you did last year? Just curious.
Two years ago I didn't have two media jobs, in the summer of bountygate I got this second sports reporters job which sends me on assignments almost everyday now..So I could not have the joy or pleasure of pwning those in my path such as yourself last season...My time is effed...Besides having to please a hot Asian GF that's just made 23 last week (looks 19), I workout 5 days a week after my second job ends, sooooooo....Yeah i know TMI...

But because of your special request, i will try to keep my appearances consistent if only to deplete that false feeling of pseudo gratification or whatever you've been going on about since last season about my assumed disappearance...

GEAUX SAINTS... Had a sweat-bubble til the end of that one, but Atlanta gets slapped down once again...49ners look nice, I admit it, Hell Kap doesn't even need the read option, but aslong as their possible demise stays imminent i can take it when i get it...

GALAX has just updated you...
Old 2013-09-10, 00:53   Link #7086
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Two years ago I didn't have two media jobs, in the summer of bountygate I got this second sports reporters job which sends me on assignments almost everyday now..So I could not have the joy or pleasure of pwning those in my path such as yourself last season...My time is effed...Besides having to please a hot Asian GF that's just made 23 last week (looks 19), I workout 5 days a week after my second job ends, sooooooo....Yeah i know TMI...

But because of your special request, i will try to keep my appearances consistent if only to deplete that false feeling of pseudo gratification or whatever you've been going on about since last season about my assumed disappearance...

GEAUX SAINTS... Had a sweat-bubble til the end of that one, but Atlanta gets slapped down once again...49ners look nice, I admit it, Hell Kap doesn't even need the read option, but aslong as their possible demise stays imminent i can take it when i get it...

GALAX has just updated you...
It's cool. We'll run with your excuses story. I was really disappointed you weren't here last season when the Saints got their ass kicked in New Orleans by my 49ers. In case you missed a highlight or two:

Spoiler for Saints getting beat.:

Well, I could see why you didn't show up here like you usually did. And I'm sure you wouldn't have shown up if it went the other way around. Almost positively. Enjoy the season. Hopefully your team's defense doesn't crumble. I like Brees, so I'll be keeping an eye on them all year long.

I think I'll use the "I was on vacation with Gong Li" card if I decide to take a hiatus and miss out on some of the season. Or maybe I'll just use your story. Whatever.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2013-09-10 at 01:12.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 00:54   Link #7087
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well, the Redskins made a comeback but it wasn't enough to comeback from a huge deficient. Honestly speaking, after the first half I was expecting a blow out by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Final score: Philadelphia Eagles 33 - Washington Redskins 27.
Turnovers killed us. The fumble by Morris led to the score by Jackson and everything went downhill after that for the first half. The second we stepped up and the defense only gave up 1 score and we managed to put up 20 points. I was expecting a game like this since Chip Kelly was quiet about his offense and RG3 hasn't played at all. Kelly's fast-paced offense that he ran at Oregon is still effective as ever.
Old 2013-09-10, 01:13   Link #7088
Samari
World's Greatest

Texans sock the Chargers in the mouth and pull off the comeback. Great win.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 03:38   Link #7089
sky black swordman

^ It's the same old story with the SD Chargers, they always find a way to choke or lose games.

Not to say that the Texans didn't play great, in the second half. Texans were very determined not to start the season with a lose. Great win for them!

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-09-10 at 07:43.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 10:00   Link #7090
VTHokiePride

Reminds of the lead they blew when facing Denver last season.
Old 2013-09-10, 12:20   Link #7091
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I graciously welcome a "W" at home for Dallas when it comes to the Giants...they've had shit luck against the G-Men at home since the new stadium opened.

Quote:
This guy...

But you gotta admit, looking from the outside in, being all over the place when the Saints were all the "WHO DAT!?" then disappearing when they fizzle out is suspicious :P even if it happens to be coincidental
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 22:54   Link #7092
Yye1
Wide Right

This is hilarious lol
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...rs-amazon-page

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 23:31   Link #7093
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I graciously welcome a "W" at home for Dallas when it comes to the Giants...they've had shit luck against the G-Men at home since the new stadium opened.

This guy...

But you gotta admit, looking from the outside in, being all over the place when the Saints were all the "WHO DAT!?" then disappearing when they fizzle out is suspicious :P even if it happens to be coincidental
Mr. DJ I've been here since 2003, how many arguments have you seen me run from in various forums? I'm the embodiment of never running from a challenge win or lose...and no disrespect but Samari is the random name in the hat that Heisman hands' wingdarkness?? No...

I will make a stronger effort to post more despite my breakneck schedule... that's a promise...
Old 2013-09-11, 01:49   Link #7094
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
HAHAHAHAHA! Just when I need to have a good laugh, thanks bro.

Some NFL news (concerning the dirtiest player in the NFL):
Quote:
Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was fined $100000 for his hit on Minnesota Vikings center John Sullivan in Sunday's game.
That fine is the sixth of Suh's career and is one of the largest in league history.
Old 2013-09-11, 20:36   Link #7095
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Any opinions on Ndamukong Suh fine?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 20:59   Link #7096
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Any opinions on Ndamukong Suh fine?
The fine seems excessive for what he did there considering he has done much much worse in the past. That said, however, I think it's accumulation of all those thing he has done with repeated notice he was put on, but the guy just can't get over his own character flaws. Earlier in the game he was either chop blocked or something which he retaliated with his own version of the chop-block. So regardless how no one was hurt by his action, the intention was there to satisfy his own ego.

I'm guessing suspension would be the next course of action for NFL at the drop of a hat for Suh, so he better behave.

Btw, while Chip Kelly's offense looked dashing, I couldn't help but notice how Eagles' offense didn't score in the most of second half aside for that early touchdown by McCoy. They also didn't run as many plays as the staggering number in the first half. Unlike college these guys are older and the season is longer which adds to the gruel. So can this be sustainable by Eagles?

I'll be staying tuned. For now, they are fun to watch and should give any teams a lot of problems ahead.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 23:28   Link #7097
sky black swordman

NFL news: Detroit Lions Ndamukong Suh is appealing $100,000 fine.
Quote:
Ndamukong Suh's representatives are gathering relevant information for their appeal of the Detroit Lions defensive tackle's $100,000 fine, but the basis of their argument, at this point, is that the amount is excessive, league sources said.
HA! Good luck with that.

Tonights, Jets vs Patriots game was interesting. Patriots got away with an ugly win. If the Patriots continue to play the way they have been playing these first two games, I can easily see them getting blown out sometime this season.

Also the Jets "starting QB" Geno Smith threw 3 INT in the game.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-09-13 at 01:19.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 08:05   Link #7098
VTHokiePride

Brady looked like he was going to pull his hair out with the way his WRs were playing last night. Everyone was dropping passes from both the Patriots and the Jets. It's a win for the Patriots, but an even sloppier one compared to last week. Patriots defense scores more fantasy points than Stevan Ridley and Tom Brady combined last night.
Old 2013-09-13, 13:02   Link #7099
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Mr. DJ I've been here since 2003, how many arguments have you seen me run from in various forums? I'm the embodiment of never running from a challenge win or lose...and no disrespect but Samari is the random name in the hat that Heisman hands' wingdarkness?? No...

I will make a stronger effort to post more despite my breakneck schedule... that's a promise...
Just saiyan :P TBH, so much has happened here, I don't have too much memory of all the arguments going all the way back to 2001-2002 lol

Also...this hurt my head in various ways that my cup of rage is about to overflow...

Teens break into former NE Patriots, Brian Halloway's home and post about it on Twitter, etc...

They broke in, wrecked the house, drank, did drugs, sold drugs, stole shit...and the parents are trying to seek legal action because Halloway posted the names and the Twitter and Instagram accounts.

They should be thankful that Halloway is actually trying to HELP their stupid ass kids.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 18:25   Link #7100
sky black swordman

NFL News:

A football team in Russia reportedly has offered Tim Tebow $1 million to play in two playoff games.

And New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez, who has a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder, was placed on short-term injured reserve today.

Tags
american football, sports