Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-11, 21:23   Link #61
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Do you think I'm asking for too much from them if I desire to have at least one strong male character whose defining character trait isn't sarcasm? Like I mean an actual lead character type who doesn't just fall by the wayside everytime a moe girl comes on the screen and end up getting humiliated by her.

Considering what Munto went thru. I'd say yes. He's a sarcastic but his heart is in the right place. This is an action title. People were dying big time in this one. Besides, he's the ruler of that kingdom and made some tough decisions in the OVA that was haunting him big time. We're also waiting to see what sparks fly between those 2.

You should just watch the OVAs and make your own decision.
Old 2008-11-11, 21:29   Link #62
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Considering what Munto went thru. I'd say yes. He's a sarcastic but his heart is in the right place. This is an action title. People were dying big time in this one. Besides, he's the ruler of that kingdom and made some tough decisions in the OVA that was haunting him big time. We're also waiting to see what sparks fly between those 2.

You should just watch the OVAs and make your own decision.
Well if the TV series is an alternate retelling like I've heard it's going to be then I'll probably just find out then.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 00:02   Link #63
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Well if the TV series is an alternate retelling like I've heard it's going to be then I'll probably just find out then.

Actually those designs look like they are starting at the end of the 2nd OVA. (Yumemi wasn't that daring with her clothes in the first OVA and she lost her shoes also at the end of OVA 2.) It's probably continuation of the story with flashbacks as needed since it starts with the director's cut of the first 2 episodes.
Old 2008-11-12, 00:27   Link #64
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Actually those designs look like they are starting at the end of the 2nd OVA. (Yumemi wasn't that daring with her clothes in the first OVA and she lost her shoes also at the end of OVA 2.) It's probably continuation of the story with flashbacks as needed since it starts with the director's cut of the first 2 episodes.
I wonder how they'll do that--each OVA episode was long enough to make two TV episodes out of, unless a lot ends up on the cutting room floor.

The new name they gave for the series in that ANN article is insanely long though: "Sora o Miageru Shōjo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai"? That makes Yoakena's full title look short...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 14:10   Link #65
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Just watched the first OVA...

Well, all I can say is that I've seen much better, especially from KyoAni. Of course, it being their first work, it's understandable.

Good world concepts, though. If "Sora o Miageru Shōjo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai" (someone really need to come up with a shortened version of that... Sorasekai?) actually explains a lot more and lengthens out some of the plot a bit, it should be pretty cool.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 04:54   Link #66
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
I wonder how they'll do that--each OVA episode was long enough to make two TV episodes out of, unless a lot ends up on the cutting room floor.

The new name they gave for the series in that ANN article is insanely long though: "Sora o Miageru Shōjo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai"? That makes Yoakena's full title look short...
It sounds oddly close to that other series coming out in 2009, Sora O Kakeru Shoujo, only as you said, pointlessly long. Maybe the extension of "no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai" was made to avoid any potential confusion between the upcoming titles.
Old 2008-11-15, 05:20   Link #67
cyth
Banned

Yeah, that's exactly what it is, an extension. <_<;;

Gramatically, the object of the title isn't even "shoujo."
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 06:05   Link #68
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
Yeah, that's exactly what it is, an extension. <_<;;

Gramatically, the object of the title isn't even "shoujo."
Well I get, "The Girl That Looked Up Into The Sky/Heaven" followed by "Of The World Reflected In Her Eyes", or the other way around in "The World Reflected In The Eyes Of A Girl That Looked Up Into The Sky/Heaven". I don't actually know specifically how the grammatical structure of it works and I don't really care, I'm just throwing out an idea as to why it might be such an unusually long subtitle when it could just potentially be Munto: The Girl That Looked Up Into The Sky/Heaven.
Old 2008-11-30, 03:24   Link #69
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Yes... it sucks that this means Haruhi will be even further into the future, but Munto has deserved its own TV series long before most of us even knew what Haruhi even was.

Looking forward to this.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 09:09   Link #70
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

More character designs are revealed

http://www.munto.com/chara_chijuou.html

Nothing to comment, they're not great, but not awful either. I have to say, that pink hair girl in the OVA has to be voiced by Kugimiya Rie, I can't think of any other seiyuu that would match as the voice ^_^''
Old 2008-12-06, 08:56   Link #71
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Yes... it sucks that this means Haruhi will be even further into the future, but Munto has deserved its own TV series long before most of us even knew what Haruhi even was.

Looking forward to this.
Today's moonphase dairy update has a Newtype pic with a 1/13 airing date. Kyoani working on two series at once? Haruhi in the spring then?
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 15:43   Link #72
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Today's moonphase dairy update has a Newtype pic with a 1/13 airing date. Kyoani working on two series at once? Haruhi in the spring then?
Don't spread any rumours or you have people complaining again when it turns out not to be true.
Old 2008-12-10, 19:53   Link #73
Crisano

Character update showing the girls' in school wear. I personally do not like the new clothing because it looks too skimpy which contrasts from the vibes I got from the OAVs in that they wore decent clothing.

Also these three pages showed up:
http://www.munto.com/story.html#guntarl
http://www.munto.com/tv.html#guntarl
http://www.munto.com/staff.html#guntarl
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 23:12   Link #74
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well then, it is airing in January. Guess we get Haruhi next spring or summer after all.
Old 2008-12-11, 12:22   Link #75
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Wow out by Jan?! KyoAni working on two series at a time, now that's a first.

List of Seiyuu

日高ユメミ: 相沢 舞
ムント: 小野大輔
小野イチコ: 堀川千華
今村スズメ: 今野宏美
高森カズヤ: 高橋伸也
戸部タカシ: 水原 薫
日高シゲル: 平松広和
日高ノゾミ: 井上喜久子
日高チカラ: 内田 彩
ガス: 稲田 徹
グンタール: 若本規夫
グリドリ: 白石 稔
リュエリ: 田中涼子
トーチェ: 松元 恵
イリータ: 土谷麻貴
ライカ: 斎藤楓子
ルイ: 遠藤広之

Daisuke Ono as Munto and Mai Aizawa as Yumemi. No idea who Aizawa is, and I don't think I heard her before either. Ono should be well known to most people, Itsuki from Haruhi. He should have no probleming voicing Munto.
Old 2008-12-11, 14:27   Link #76
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisano View Post

Character update showing the girls' in school wear. I personally do not like the new clothing because it looks too skimpy which contrasts from the vibes I got from the OAVs in that they wore decent clothing.

Also these three pages showed up:
http://www.munto.com/story.html#guntarl
http://www.munto.com/tv.html#guntarl
http://www.munto.com/staff.html#guntarl
Ah... KyoAni's physics-defying skirts.

Heh.
Old 2008-12-11, 15:54   Link #77
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Daisuke Ono as Munto and Mai Aizawa as Yumemi. No idea who Aizawa is, and I don't think I heard her before either. Ono should be well known to most people, Itsuki from Haruhi. He should have no probleming voicing Munto.
Oh my god that's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Heh.
Well, to be fair, the ones in Haruhi are perfectly plausible, given the way they're made.

Other series... not so much.
Old 2008-12-11, 16:09   Link #78
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
List of Seiyuu

日高ユメミ: 相沢 舞
ムント: 小野大輔

Original Munto was passably FABULOUS with his outfit, the new one is now even MOAR FABULOUS with Ono.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 16:11   Link #79
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I fully expect them to make Hosaka jokes with this character.

They have to, it's obligatory now.
Old 2008-12-11, 18:29   Link #80
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Heh.
As opposed to the variety seen in other anime that can be blown up just by walking past someone?

Tags
fantasy