Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-13, 08:47   Link #681
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I found a character relations chart:

Spoiler for Character Relations Chart:

Last edited by Kirroha; 2012-10-13 at 18:35.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 12:03   Link #682
LKK

@ Kirroha: Thank you for posting the character relationship chart in a spoiler. Mayhaps your analysis of the chart should also be in the spoiler, as well? Out of consideration for those of us who don't want to know about the relationships until they're revealed in the show.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 12:21   Link #683
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That was just great for a second episode. This is becoming one of my top shows for this season now.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 12:47   Link #684
kuromitsu

A translation of the chart with some plus info from the official site, and some speculation:

Spoiler for relationship chart:

Random thing I'm wondering about: Kurou introduced himself as the follower of the 7th King. Weissman is the 1st King, Kokujouji is the 2nd, Mikoto the 3rd and Reishi the 4th... so where's the 5th and the 6th? And does the Kings' combined power form a pretty, pretty rainbow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So, perhaps ironically, this show might have no actual BL at all.
That was pretty much a given from day 1... A show like this that tries to appeal to so many demographics would never include any actual BL. (That doesn't mean it can't have any service, though.) But of course you try to tell this to dozens of fanboys freaking out and feeling threatened in their manliness by the possibility of a male character finding another male character pretty. (OH MY GOD!)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-10-13 at 13:19. Reason: a little correction
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 12:57   Link #685
dark998

Quote:
About the BL thing... We saw Shiro blush over naked catgirl in this episode. So, yeah, Shiro blushed over a guy holding him but Shiro also blushed over a catgirl.

So, perhaps ironically, this show might have no actual BL at all.
And Kuro also blushed over Neko, so yeah. No BL is almost confirmed. But of course some undertones will still be present to satisfy the fangirls
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 13:52   Link #686
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
K suddenly turned into a comedy in Episode 2. But since it was actually a pretty good comedy, I guess that's Ok....
My sentiments exactly. Does what is going on make sense? Not really. But it's entertaining, for sure. They are combining serious and humorous, BL hints and naked girl, and cooking up a tasty dish. Is this something we can all enjoy, whatever our tastes and fetishes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby
I'm disappointed with the ED song. I still look forward to the full version and the PV though....
On the other hand, I loved it. High quality song and singing, for me. Komatsu Mikako doing well as both naked girl/cat and songstress. I also liked both of Angela's songs: the OP and the insert song.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 14:02   Link #687
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
If you mean Shiro's classmate, she wasn't looking. In one second Kurou is there, the next he isn't. (Realistic? No. Rule of Cool/Funny/Etc? Yep.)
I don't even think it was played for Rule of Cool/Funny. It just seemed like a random moment that was completely out of touch with reality. Unless that girl has ridiculously narrow tunnel vision then she definitely should've noticed.

Quote:
And the maid girl didn't notice Neko because apparently nobody can see her but Shiro and Kurou. The maid girl even says something along the lines of "weird, I didn't see anything." Also, Shiro is most likely an idiot and actually it seems to me he was more concerned about Neko than Kurou trying to kill them.
Well Neko being invisible was one of my thoughts at the time but I wasn't so sure. On second inspection it seems you might be right. I still don't see why Shiro would stop his pursuit of Neko to help the girl with the oranges other than to cheaply force in a scene where Kurou sees his acts of altruism, though.

Quote:
At this point Kurou hasn't concluded anything (in fact he tried to attack Shiro before they all decided to get some food instead), it's just that he's tired and hungry, Neko is too strong for him to handle (or he's too dumb to figure out how to fight her), and from what he can tell Shiro is mostly harmless, so he decided to postpone the vengeance until after breakfast. And in any case, if there's anything we've learned about Kurou in this episode is that he's pretty naive and gullible, so... (Really, the more I see of him the more I'm reminded of Yukimura. He even did the same "HARENCHINA!!" freakout... XD The two of them would get along well.)

It's likely that Kurou will try to address the issue again, but I think the point here was that the three of them need to form a group somehow (if the promo videos are not lying Kurou will fight Munakata at one point, and Homra are chasing Shiro, so it's likely going to be the three of them against everyone else), and this was basically a prelude to them bonding and Kurou eventually finding out that Shiro is not evil and perhaps not even the guy he's looking for.
I don't see how you can suddenly decide to drop such an important issue the way Kurou did just because your tired and hungry without some shift in beliefs and priorities, especially when you're going from trying to kill someone to helping them cook a meal, but I guess the writers are really just trying their damn hardest to make them bond even when it just makes no sense and there's an over reliance of Rule of Funny.

I should've been more clear really. I do actually understand the Doylist reasons for such things. But it still baffles me.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 16:45   Link #688
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't even think it was played for Rule of Cool/Funny. It just seemed like a random moment that was completely out of touch with reality. Unless that girl has ridiculously narrow tunnel vision then she definitely should've noticed.
It's a pretty common visual gag, not only in anime. If you take it literally of course it doesn't make sense because it doesn't happen in reality, but you're not supposed to take it literally. I mean, if we're doing this we might as well be baffled over people not being baffled seeing Kurou jumping on lamp posts, and not panicking over the destruction that happened in the Kurou vs Misaki fight. (If you watch closely there's a bunch of pedestrians standing around and staring, but there's no screaming, no whipping out cellphones to film Kurou jumping around, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't see how you can suddenly decide to drop such an important issue the way Kurou did just because your tired and hungry without some shift in beliefs and priorities
But he didn't drop the issue, he postponed it. It's just a cease-fire. Of course he could push it, but there's very obviously no point in doing so, so might as well give up for the time being and get some food and rest. (Besides, they'll need to go back to the issue sooner or later, if only to give some exposition on Shiro...). The thing about Kurou, he's just not the right person for this sort of job. His conviction wavered when Shiro claimed to be innocent. He managed to harden himself, but instead of executing Shiro right away, he got all emotional over Shiro's story about his sister, and gave him enough time to come up with an escape plan. And then when he finally tracked Shiro down, Kurou was stupid enough to get caught up in a cat-and-mouse (or rather, dog) game even though he was obviously on the losing side, wearing himself out in the process. And right now he's found himself in a very unexpected situation where he's not in control and ended up getting swept away, so to speak.

Basically, it's not horribly realistic but it's the sort of thing you don't need to think too deeply about. It's a bit like all those Looney Tunes cartoons when someone chases Bugs but Bugs takes control, presents the pursuer with some situation and they end up playing along.

ETA:
I was listening to the song during the preview of ep 3 to confirm if it's really Ono Daisuke singing, and uh, the lyrics... I can't hear it clearly because of the voiceover narration, but he seems to be singing about... cooking? XD;; At least I think the first part goes "naitekure tamanegi / mirai shinjite / utattekure ninjin [something something]" and toward the end before the English is "ore wa daidokoro ni tada hitori" (I'm all alone in the kitchen")... ;;

Oh my god, please please please let it be true! XD It may even top Vegeta's cooking song... (gah, Horikawa Ryou...! XD)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-10-15 at 07:16.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 18:06   Link #689
Hiro Hayase

Episode 2 definitely caught me off-guard!

LOL I believed Shiro when he said he had a dying sister. I did a facepalm when it turned out to be a lie and he escaped with style. The cat-and-dog game of tag with illusions was hilarious~

Shiro: "Don't judge a book by it's cover. It's wants inside that counts."
Me: Shiro that cunning guy

Btw how many episodes will this series have? 12?

P.S. To be honest Anna looks like she could be Shiro's sister as strange and absurd as it sounds.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2012-10-13 at 18:31.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 18:37   Link #690
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I always found Shiro, Neko and Anna looking uncannily similar in the promotional materials. I'm willing to bet that either of them will turn out to be his sister, and that Shiro has some sort of familial relation with Weissman because of the white hair.
Old 2012-10-13, 19:11   Link #691
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Now this episode made a little more sense...

Heh...I think I already love Yatagami(Black Dog guy)...he seems like he's going to be cool. And I think I like Neko too...

Still meh on Whitey-chan; all I keep thinking of whenever he's on is 'PAASSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 19:43   Link #692
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Now this episode made a little more sense...

Heh...I think I already love Yatagami(Black Dog guy)...he seems like he's going to be cool. And I think I like Neko too...

Still meh on Whitey-chan; all I keep thinking of whenever he's on is 'PAASSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'
He's such a manipulative bitch. I won't be surprised if it turns out he was really just the colorless king all this while, with no split personality or evil clone bullshit. And he probably wasn't so worried with Kuroh trying to kill him and all because he knew he would be able to fight back, worst comes to worst, and he just doesn't want to.
Old 2012-10-13, 20:00   Link #693
Cyrogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
He's such a manipulative bitch. I won't be surprised if it turns out he was really just the colorless king all this while, with no split personality or evil clone bullshit. And he probably wasn't so worried with Kuroh trying to kill him and all because he knew he would be able to fight back, worst comes to worst, and he just doesn't want to.
Honestly, for the main character to turn around & yell "I was the Evil Overlord all along!" and then start trouncing people probably wouldn't make for a good series.

http://wartdf.wordpress.com/
Cyrogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 20:04   Link #694
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrogen View Post
Honestly, for the main character to turn around & yell "I was the Evil Overlord all along!" and then start trouncing people probably wouldn't make for a good series.
Of course not. Which is why I'm hoping there's an interesting and suitable explanation for all of this. Split personality just seems too much of a cop-out - how many shows have we seen with the superpowered evil side coming out all of the time? Well, at least evil clone doesn't seem that likely.

Another possibility would be that evil!Yashiro is himself from the recent future. Who knows, maybe this series might cover time travel. And of course, there's always the possibility that Shiro was evil, and he remembers it, but he's trying to reform or something.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. I just remember in Episode 2, Shiro himself thought that the video was strange, that it "seemed so real, as if it's actually me... that's odd", which means he probably doesn't remember it. I guess it's just going to be split personality then.
Old 2012-10-13, 20:13   Link #695
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's possible that Neko was the killer, and she made the illusion to protect Shiro from the other clans.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 20:20   Link #696
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrogen View Post
No, but it seems to work for other series.

Shiro: JUST AS PLANNED

Yeah, maybe Neko's the one who put that illusion up? But then again, the other Group with Skater Boi and Not Shizuo and Goth Loli want him dead too...
Old 2012-10-13, 20:41   Link #697
for3ver
The Lost Child

neko doesnt seem like the type 2 be evil >> (seems 2 aloof 2 me)

also..

am i the only one that wants shiro's room? (although its rather small)

the flower decorations... would kill for them...
Old 2012-10-13, 21:04   Link #698
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it seem that you can walk around as a furry and no one even bats an eye
Old 2012-10-13, 21:08   Link #699
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Or in Kurou's case, a big ass sword.
Old 2012-10-13, 21:11   Link #700
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている