Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-08-22, 08:33   Link #2041
monir
cho~ kakkoii

*giggles* ...hey everyone. He started tweeting:
If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!

I feel very badly for Paul Manafort and his wonderful family. “Justice” took a 12 year old tax case, among other things, applied tremendous pressure on him and, unlike Michael Cohen, he refused to “break” - make up stories in order to get a “deal.” Such respect for a brave man!
I'm sure there are more coming.
Old 2018-08-22, 08:34   Link #2042
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...47043992023040

"If anyone is looking for a good lawyer, I would strongly suggest that you don’t retain the services of Michael Cohen!"

Too bad Trump's old buddy Roy Cohn died. Neither Don McGahn nor Jeff Sessions seems inclined to take on the consligliere duties Trump apparently finds important when it comes to picking an attorney.

Wonder if Trump would be as "brave" as Manafort if he were facing thirty years in Federal prison.

Unfazed, last night's crowd at Trump's West Virginia rally engaged in the usual "drain the swamp" and "lock her up" chants, though observers suggested they had less fervor than usual.
Old 2018-08-24, 10:59   Link #2043
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

White House press briefing, a bad lip reading.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

You are welcome!
Old 2018-08-30, 00:02   Link #2044
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So it wasn't the Russian after all:
Report just out: “China hacked Hillary Clinton’s private Email Server.” Are they sure it wasn’t Russia (just kidding!)? What are the odds that the FBI and DOJ are right on top of this? Actually, a very big story. Much classified information!
See? Donnie knows what he's talking about.

Also, his most recent take on CNN:
CNN is being torn apart from within based on their being caught in a major lie and refusing to admit the mistake. Sloppy @carlbernstein, a man who lives in the past and thinks like a degenerate fool, making up story after story, is being laughed at all over the country! Fake News
Old 2018-08-30, 09:46   Link #2045
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Yeah about that whole China hacking thing.....

FBI contradicts Trump claim that China hacked Clinton’s private email server

I think it's becomes obvious he's gonna lose big when the Midterm elections comes and Muller is finally coming for him, he uses whatever far fetch lie and conspiracy to discredit his foes or justify his failure of an administration to the point of encouraging violence to his supporters.
Old 2018-09-01, 01:23   Link #2046
monir
cho~ kakkoii

WAPO/ABC poll shows 60% disapproval rating for Donald with 34% approving. How has Donnie reacted you ask? Well:
.@Rasmussen_Poll just came out at 48% approval rate despite the constant and intense Fake News. Higher than Election Day and higher than President Obama. Rasmussen was one of the most accurate Election Day polls!

The ABC/Washington Post Poll was by far the least accurate one 2 weeks out from the 2016 Election. I call it a suppression poll - but by Election Day they brought us, out of shame, to about even. They will never learn!
Fox News also conducted a poll which showed 59% of the registered voter wants Mueller to continue his investigation into Trump and his associates.
Old 2018-09-01, 05:51   Link #2047
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I forgot if Rasmussen was a reputable source or not.
Old 2018-09-01, 08:49   Link #2048
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Rasmussen gets a C+
ABC/Washington Post gets an A+

Rasmussen is a Republican consultant and his polls lean R.
Old 2018-09-02, 00:02   Link #2049
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Rasmussen gets a C+
ABC/Washington Post gets an A+

Rasmussen is a Republican consultant and his polls lean R.
I don't get the rating. Looking at the category this rating is based on WAPO/ABC doesn't much differentiate from Rasmusen aside from the predictive nature and their particular bias for corresponding political party.

Until Trump loses, providing he (can) runs in 2020, Rasmusen holds sway in my opinion.
Old 2018-09-02, 07:48   Link #2050
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

There are other criteria that don't appear in that table. Also it's pretty easy to detect the Republican bias in Rasmussen's polling. Here are some results of mine from 2012:

http://www.politicsbythenumbers.org/...out-rasmussen/

and again in 2017:

http://www.politicsbythenumbers.org/...-job-approval/

Remember, Rasmussen has a recent poll that showed 36% of black Americans approving of Trump's job performance. Every other reputable pollster puts that figure in single digits. Exit polling in 2016 estimated Trump won nine percent of the black vote.

Who the hell did Rasmussen interview?

Investors' Business Daily, with an A- rating at 538, also estimates Trump's approval at 36 percent like ABC/WaPo. If you're more comfortable with polling from organizations that lean right, I recommend FoxNews which has been quite reliable over the years. The network's political bias does not appear in its polling.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2018-09-02 at 08:05.
Old 2018-09-02, 15:55   Link #2051
Key Board
Carbon

Trump approval among his base is probably close to 80%
Those who voted for him in 2016 will vote for him again
Old 2018-09-02, 21:00   Link #2052
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Not entirely. Some of his vote was anti-Hillary and another portion anti-Washington.

Trump's core base is probably about 20% of the electorate. Republicans in total make up only about 27%. Independents, many of whom probably voted for Trump, now dislike him by about 20 percentage points on net. The approve/disapprove numbers you see overall largely track the opinions of independents since the partisans are overwhelmingly pro- or anti-Trump.

If Democrats turn out in 2020, he'll have a tough time getting re-elected. We'll see whether there is an "enthusiasm gap" in November.
Old 2018-09-02, 21:04   Link #2053
Key Board
Carbon

If they hated Hillary and thought Trump would be better, you have to ask why

Because that excuse will simply change to "I hate (insert candidate name) so that's why I voted Trump(ism) in future elections

Trump is doing what his base wants: Corporate tax cuts, pro Evangelical supreme Judges, and ICE ramping up deportations.
Old 2018-09-02, 21:10   Link #2054
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

No, I don't think so. Hillary had her own baggage. She'd been dragged through the mud for a long time, back to Whitewater. She represented a past politics that a lot of people didn't trust any more. Future Democratic candidates might have their own baggage, but it won't be near as heavy as Clinton's.

And Trump won't be able to con people as effectively in 2020 either. He'll have to run on his record. For some people, yes, the things you cite will motivate them to vote for him. But policies like border separations have eroded Trump's support among better educated Republicans, especially women, living in competitive suburban districts.

And we haven't even factored in the possibility of a recession sometime in late 2019 or 2020.

My point is that Trump's base is smaller than it's made out to be, and nowhere near sufficient alone win a majority, even of the Electoral College, in 2020.
Old 2018-09-02, 21:17   Link #2055
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
No, I don't think so. Hillary had her own baggage. She'd been dragged through the mud for a long time, back to Whitewater. She represented a past politics that a lot of people didn't trust any more. Future Democratic candidates might have their own baggage, but it won't be near as heavy as Clinton's.
Clinton represents Republicans as what they used to stand for. Same with Obama. America doesn't have a "Left" as it is. Americans have a choice between the Right, and batshit insane. The fact that Americans CHOOSE batshit insane, is not Clinton's problem.
Old 2018-09-03, 00:20   Link #2056
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I don't think you have a clear view of what republicans used to stand for. Nor democrats for that matter.
Old 2018-09-03, 03:16   Link #2057
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I don't think you have a clear view of what republicans used to stand for. Nor democrats for that matter.
It depends on how far back you mean. Obviously if you mean going all the way back to when Democrats were racists, then I would be wrong. I mean in the last few generations, not when Lincoln was still alive.
Old 2018-09-03, 07:30   Link #2058
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

No need to make a distinction, your generalizations are too easy regardless of Lincoln or Trump.
Old 2018-09-03, 18:55   Link #2059
Key Board
Carbon

It was wrong when wages flattened, and buying power decreased with each generation. All while the rich got richer.
It was wrong when the military industry complex and the Oil industry lobbying took control over politics.
It was wrong when the government started crackdown on unions and labor bargaining power
It was wrong people accepted "I might be poor but at least I'm still better than this 2nd class citizen over there" as a way of coping with economic stress.

if I had to pick a date it was the 1960s when America still had some semblance of the American dream. Nowadays "American dream" is a severely diminished concept.

But I think Chaos is right

One party openly votes on the side of these things
And the other party either gives up, compromises, or outright betrays their voter's creed.

So in our 2 party system we have a choice of lesser evils.
Old 2018-09-03, 23:44   Link #2060
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
No need to make a distinction, your generalizations are too easy regardless of Lincoln or Trump.
Telling me I generalise too easily does not actually prove me wrong.

Trying to claim the situation is complex, is actually part of the problem. It isn't. Trump is the President because the Voters really think United States can survive with him in control. Any claim that voters didn't really vote, is just attempts to deny the responsibility of the American people. And we have been getting the "If only Clinton wasn't his opponent" posts for months now, which is the same issue.

If Americans think they prefer Trump over Clinton, then Americans showed their true selves.