AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-27, 23:32   Link #3381
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Waitaminute, are those review polls or audience popularity polls?

I was asking for review polls (like Rotten Tomatoes) that aggregate reviews based on people who at least writes a blog about anime. If we use audience score than most anime gets a good one like in MAL. That didn't say much when most anime in MAL gets 7-8 scores.
They are not polls at all. Its just listing how many reviews rate it 5 stars, 4 stars, etc.

The streaming sites themselves have a popular page where they order the anime based on popularity and currently DinF is the 3rd most watch show on the site.

What are we talking about again? Review scores? The show isn't even done yet. lol I'm just point out the show is very popular.
Old 2018-05-27, 23:32   Link #3382
Blueknight78

Quote:
Waitaminute, are those review polls or audience popularity polls?

I was asking for review polls (like Rotten Tomatoes) that aggregate reviews based on people who at least writes a blog about anime. If we use audience score than most anime gets a good one like in MAL. That didn't say much when most anime in MAL gets 7-8 scores.
because this "dont exist" you don't have roten tomatos. imdb and sites for animes, most of review are or fan or the site owners, not of all review are just users, but really what you are asking "dont exist

And the most near oficial sites are japaneses and it's make even more hard to find.

you are asking for the "impssible.
Old 2018-05-27, 23:38   Link #3383
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
What are we talking about again? Review scores? The show isn't even done yet. lol I'm just point out the show is very popular.
Exactly. The show is not even done, yet Blueknight already made a claim of "majority good reviews". That's why I asked for legit statistics. And no, popularity is not indication of quality. Not when we have movies like Twilight and Fifty Shades which are equally as popular with its fans and rake in all kinds of cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
because this "dont exist" you don't have roten tomatos sites for animes, most of review are or fan or the site owners, not of all review are just users, but really what you are asking "dont exist".

And the most near oficial sites are japaneses and it's make even more hard to find.
In short, you cannot back up your claim with legit statistics (for now).

But hey, there will be some anime awards in Japan in the future (like Anime Grand Prix for example). Let's see if Franxx will make the cut (for writing).
Old 2018-05-27, 23:44   Link #3384
Blueknight78

Quote:
Exactly. The show is not even done, yet Blueknight already made a claim of "majority good reviews". That's why I asked for legit statistics. And no, popularity is not indication of quality. Not when we have movies like Twilight and Fifty Shades which are equally as popular with its fans and rake in all kinds of cash.

But hey, there will be some anime awards in Japan in the future (like Anime Grand Prix for example). Let's see if Franxx will make the cut.
i can because that is how "anime are ranked" by positive or negative popularity, that is why you can find a lot of animes with low ratings.

You are making a false argument based on only how you "recognize" what is good or no, but not every place work "like that" that is again "differences" that is why series like one piece are top, it's not because you have roten tomates or things like that but because they are rated high by the public because again THAT IS HOW WORK FOR ANIMES" YOU LIKING OR NOT.

see the difference.

actually for what i see they have a sort of "oscar for animes" but normally is more to give prizes to voice actors and things like that they are not really recognized as some "real source of how much good a anime is".
Old 2018-05-27, 23:47   Link #3385
wissenschaft

Quote:

But hey, there will be some anime awards in Japan in the future (like Anime Grand Prix for example). Let's see if Franxx will make the cut (for writing).
Ah......most animes don't win a reward for writing. Does that mean they have bad writing? If you want to insist that DinF is bad writting. Ok. I don't need to believe you though.

If your really comparing Darling in the Franxx to Twilight's writing then you are just bashing the show.
Old 2018-05-27, 23:49   Link #3386
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
You are only wasting our time, no matter what metric we showed, you will just claim is it not legit (since it does not reflect your negative views of the show). You are just grasping at straws "gosh, it is soo bad, dattebayo".
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 23:53   Link #3387
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
i can because that is how "anime are ranked" by positive or negative popularity, that is why you can find a lot of animes with low ratings.
Yeah nice backpedal there. You're the one who claim that Franxx is not only about popularity but also about "majority of good reviews"....
Quote:
if that was so bad "writing them you could not get many good reviews" and not just "popularity" right??, that show how much your "bad wrigint is subjetive" if many peoples or majority giving a positive review....
....and when you failed to back that up, you resort back to popularity .

Quote:
actually for what i see they have a sort of "oscar for animes" but normally is more to give prizes to voice actors and things like that they are not really recognized as some "real source of how much good a anime is".
No, awards like Anime Grand Prix has good variety of categories, not just voice acting. And you can reject official awards as much as you can. That doesn't really proof anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
You are only wasting our time, no matter what metric we showed, you will just claim is it not legit (since it does not reflect your negative views of the show). You are just grasping at straws "gosh, it is soo bad, dattebayo".
No. I will actually be grateful if you can show me legit polls of Franxx reviews like RT does, no matter the result.
Old 2018-05-27, 23:56   Link #3388
Blueknight78

Quote:
Yeah nice backpedal there. You're the one who claim that Franxx is not only about popularity but also about "majority of good reviews"....

No, awards like Anime Grand Prix has good variety of categories, not just voice acting. And you can reject official awards as much as you can.
IT'S NOT ABOUT FAILED IS ABOUT HOW IT WORK, YOU CAN'T ASK LET'S SAY FOR A PIZZA ON SOMETHING WHICH ONLY WORK WITH LET'S SAY HAMBURGUER, JAPAN DON'T WORK WITH THAT WESTERN SYSTEM, THEY DON'T HAVE IT IT'S SIMPLE LIKE THAT.
i'm not rejecting it, i'm just saying which they "are not valuated that much for the anime itself, what is matter for the anime, is his popularity rating pools, if it is overal posite or high and anime sold well to pay for it have some "extra money" them it was a sucess, don't matter that gran prix, if was for that many top animes could not be the sucess they are.

You are the only one here with that "retoric", we already showed you all the proofs but you keep rejecting because it's more easy on that way, than accept being wrongg which is what you do most of the times.
Old 2018-05-27, 23:57   Link #3389
wissenschaft

Quote:

Again, crunchroll and myanimelist already have majority of positive reviews. The show isn't done yet but people are enjoying the show. The positive reviews I've read basically boil down to liking characters and the drama. What other evidence do you need? lol

People who like the show are going to think positively of the writing. I don't know why you would expect a popular show to have reviews that say the writing is bad.

Why do we need to show you any proof? If you were interested, a simple google search will give you this information.
Old 2018-05-28, 00:05   Link #3390
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Again, crunchroll and myanimelist already have majority of positive reviews. The show isn't done yet but people are enjoying the show. The positive reviews I've read basically boil down to liking characters and the drama. What other evidence do you need? lol

People who like the show are going to think positively of the writing.
Then that's not really different from the popularity of Twilight & Fifty Shades isn't it? Fans will of course smother them with praises while some who don't like the show as much already bailed or didn't care about giving reviews. That's why I suggest official awards in the future because the judging will be less filled with fans and more with professionals.

And AGP comes with best anime category with rankings. Recently there's also a poll ranking top 100 anime of the century. Let's see where Franxx stack up in the future since some of you has been praising the show for it.
Old 2018-05-28, 00:11   Link #3391
wissenschaft

Quote:
Then that's not really different from the popularity of Twilight & Fifty Shades isn't it? Fans will of course smother them with praises while some who don't like the show as much already bailed or didn't care about giving reviews. That's why I suggest official awards in the future because the judging will be less filled with fans and more with professionals.
Right, because awards like the Oscars really do pick the best of the best. Everything else is trash.

Also, Twilight and Fifty Shades are both romance novels. They are meant to be wish fulfillment and their popularity proves they are quite effective at that. While technically they are not well written, in another sense they are the best writing one can hope for in a romance novel. The kind that gets massively popular because it connects with countless woman. Its easy to dismiss them as poorly written smut but in truth there are countless romance novels that come out every year and only a very select few get as popular as either of those two.
Old 2018-05-28, 00:13   Link #3392
Blueknight78

Quote:
this show how much you are wrong, you are using a "western exemple" to point a japanese exemple which use a totally different system.

Again for animes you don't have "professionals" even the grand prix so far i know unlike "oscar" means too little to anime market, basically you are using the "poor exemple" for you opnion.

Now it's my time to ask you your own sources about "bad writing" and about sites like roten tomates which to make the claims which they are "needed this means " which you are afirming which they exist if they exist link please.

if you can't "proof your agument" them it's invalid.
Old 2018-05-28, 00:25   Link #3393
jwai

Can you guys agree to disagree and stop bickering?
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 00:26   Link #3394
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Right, because awards like the Oscars really do pick the best of the best.
I'm not defending Oscar. So please stop with that strawman. I don't usually agree with the best of the best, but those who got nominated are actually pretty good. Not to mention, unlike Oscar, AGP didn't really discriminate some genres. With Oscars, you can see that the comedy genre always loses and they don't put much consideration for sci-fi movies either.

Quote:
Again for animes you don't have "professionals" even the grand prix so far i know unlike "oscar" means too little to anime market, basically you are using the "poor exemple" for you opnion.
Again with the Oscar strawman? Whatever...

Quote:
Now it's my time to ask you your own sources about "bad writing" and about sites like roten tomates which to make the claims which they are "needed this means " which you are afirming which they exist if they exist link please.
Why do I need to prove you with outside sources? I'm not the one who claimed "majority". I'm voicing my take on the show and the source you need is me, and I already said much about the show that you can see in previous pages. Uneven pace, stupid villains, early episodes used poorly without much progress, lackluster world-building, trite teenage drama we've seen countless times in other anime, etc etc.

With that, let us close this long argument that started with Blueknight's claim.
Old 2018-05-28, 00:31   Link #3395
Blueknight78

Quote:
I'm not defending Oscar. So please stop with that strawman. I don't usually agree with the best of the best, but those who got nominated are actually pretty good. Not to mention, unlike Oscar, AGP didn't really discriminate some genres. With Oscars, you can see that the comedy genre always loses and they don't put much consideration for sci-fi movies either.

Again with the Oscar strawman? Whatever...

Why do I need to prove you with outside sources? I'm not the one who claimed "majority". I'm voicing my take on the show and the source you need is me, and I already said much about the show that you can see in previous pages. Uneven pace, stupid villains, early episodes used poorly without much progress, lackluster world-building, trite teenage drama we've seen countless times in other anime, etc etc.

With that, let us close this long argument that started with Blueknight's claim.
You are the only one here making statments based purely on your own opnion without any proof, i give your proofs and how it works in japan, if you can't accept or "give a proper argument them is your prolem.

I only pointed you the truth about the serie even if it have flaws it still a popular and overal good anime no matter how you "clam you bad writing, without any real base.

That is the difference between biased and based arguments, this serie is being a sucess so far, with positive reviews and good sales.

If you can't refute that then is your problem.

you are even going to the lengts of compare a "western movie with a anime serie" wtf.
Old 2018-05-28, 00:39   Link #3396
wissenschaft

Yeah, I'll just leave it at agree to disagree. Not like anyones mind is going to be changed so no point continuing this.
Old 2018-05-28, 00:41   Link #3397
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
You are the only one here making statments based purely on your own opnion without any proof, i give your proofs and how it works in japan, if you can't accept or "give a proper argument them is your prolem.

I only pointed you the truth about the serie even if it have flaws it still a popular and overal good anime no matter how you "clam you bad writing, without any real base.
Are you kidding me? You can look for articles about "bad writing" everywhere on the internet. For example this and this. There are literally dozens (if not hundreds) sources out there about bad writing. And Franxx has those indications of bad writing. So yeah, if outside sources is your definition of based, then my argument is based too .
Old 2018-05-28, 00:44   Link #3398
Blueknight78

Quote:
Are you kidding me? You can look for articles about "bad writing" everywhere on the internet. For example this and this. There are literally dozens (if not hundreds) sources out there about bad writing. So yeah, if outside sources is your definition of based, then my argument is based too .
you are mocking me??? i don't get it, where is exactly the lnks claims this anime is bad writing??? i know what means bad writing but i want to know the source point this anime being bad writing.
Old 2018-05-28, 00:53   Link #3399
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
you are mocking me??? i don't get it, where is exactly the lnks claims this anime is bad writing??? i know what means bad writing but i want to know the source point this anime being bad writing.
Read the articles about bad writings -> compare it to Franxx and you can see that Franxx has those elements of bad writing in it. You're at least smart enough to do that, aren't you?

Of course, no outside blogs or websites will have my personal take on the anime because I'm the source. Do you have outside websites that writes your analysis if you don't write them yourself? Of course not.
Old 2018-05-28, 01:15   Link #3400
Blueknight78

Quote:
Read the articles about bad writings -> compare it to Franxx and you can see that Franxx has those elements of bad writing in it. You're at least smart enough to do that, aren't you?

Of course, no outside blogs or websites will have my personal take on the anime because I'm the source. Do you have outside websites that writes your analysis if you don't write them yourself? Of course not.
ok we can stand in the "anime" thsi forum is to discuss about darling in the franxx, not about eva, not about twilight it's not about rooten( or whatever tou want to call or talk about "what means about bad writing, but to talk about the anime, bring aniime reviews, bring points, anime sales popularity, opnions, you having a opnion about the anime being bad or wahtever is fine it's your personal opnion and no one have an right to change it, that is your personal vision, what we can do is discuss about "how much personal it or how much overal the anime is considered like that, what is not.

while your opnion is like that and i don't care, the overal opnion over the anime is positive and the anime so far is considered a sucess see high positive views in many places and good pre order sales, this means the anime is a sucess rater than a fail or bad.

My personnal opnion only matter to mee the same way your opnion matter for your the only difference is how much it goes beyond that and how much it "affect the show"

and how much we can keep "discussing about it without going circling around", if in the end the anime ratings falls and it become low and saless drop then indeed the show is a fail and bad writing, because it failed to connect with the public that is the point that is how anime market work and how we analise "how much a sucess or fail is a anime.

and in darling case so far it's a sucess until something else happen and change it.