AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 38 50.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 29.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 14.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-02, 01:32   Link #41
UnknownBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansen View Post
I liked this episode...although I'm curious. If this takes place after Matsuribayashi-hen, why was Hanyuu a ghost when they were riding their bikes home?
Could someone answer this... or to put it another way, how did the VN presented this scene?
Old 2009-04-02, 11:54   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well finally got a chance to see this. Poor Rika just can't catch a break . Things are going nicely, she's just trying to enjoy herself after god knows how long of a hellish nightmare.

These worlds come out randomly but this seems way too bizarre. I could see random chance making a couple of these things happen. But for every single good possible thing to happen to the other characters is just weird. Takano not being there is just sending up weird flags. She is always there no matter what other things change.

It's just too bad that the OVA episodes are spread out like that. I really want to see the next part now .
Old 2009-04-02, 12:04   Link #43
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
I figured it was where TOKYO was storing the poisonous gas in case of an outbreak.
Yes. In one of the pieces Takano specifically states that this is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansen View Post
I liked this episode...although I'm curious. If this takes place after Matsuribayashi-hen, why was Hanyuu a ghost when they were riding their bikes home? And after watching this episode I find myself liking the art style more.
Hanyuu was corporeal when she and Rika spoke to Ichirou but incorporeal again afterwards. There's no reason to think she can't switch between the two states at will.
Old 2009-04-02, 12:10   Link #44
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
I just can't help but think that the last scene in Kai (with Frederica and Miyoko) was a big foreshadowing of this, in fact, "Frederica" may have set Rika up the bomb... err... set this whole scenario up just to see Rika's reaction... quite amusing though... what IS Rika going to do about this?

all-in-all, great Episode, I look forward to the next part
Old 2009-04-02, 12:25   Link #45
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I loved that episode, simply for the reason why I really liked higurashi in the past. It makes the viewer to come up with his/her own theories and compare those with later episodes how close it was true.

Spoiler for warning long post. My thoughts, theories on ep2, and some small spoilers from the episodes before:

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baru View Post
I just can't help but think that the last scene in Kai (with Frederica and Miyoko) was a big foreshadowing of this, in fact, "Frederica" may have set Rika up the bomb... err... set this whole scenario up just to see Rika's reaction... quite amusing though... what IS Rika going to do about this?

all-in-all, great Episode, I look forward to the next part
lol almost my thoughts exactly
Old 2009-04-02, 14:11   Link #46
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmolnar View Post
The very first killing aka the Dismemberment of the Dam supervisor
As far as I remember it happened because the workers went nuts, supposedly because of all the hate and resentment from the opposing residents caused the syndrome to escalate. But they opposed here too! So why didn't the first murder happened here?
The impression I get from the episode was that opposition to the Dam Project was weak and defused early. As a result, hate and resentment didn't build up to the point of driving the dam construction workers beserk. So no murder.

Quote:
Because Hinamizawa going to be a lake next year, K1's family probably moved to a different peaceful town,
It's actually more than that from what I've heard. But we don't know if it will be mentioned in the next episode, so let's not talk about it now. You can find some of the details in other discussions here. The common theme within Reina and Satoko's backgrounds should be enough of a clue.

Quote:
The proof that Dr. Takano was interested in the syndrom here on that world too, is how he founded/had some relation with the people who founded the clinic, as they/he named it after him. By that logic if the syndrom wouldn't exist in that world, he probably wouldn't have been that interested to scientifically research a completely normal small town.
I'd speculate that, without Miyo around, Mifumi spent the last of his resources to establish the clinic as a cover for limited personal research after his backers walked out on him. It looks like he didn't manage much progress before dying and his research died with him.
Old 2009-04-02, 14:36   Link #47
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
The impression I get from the episode was that opposition to the Dam Project was weak and defused early. As a result, hate and resentment didn't build up to the point of driving the dam construction workers beserk. So no murder.
Spoiler for :

Quote:
It's actually more than that from what I've heard. But we don't know if it will be mentioned in the next episode, so let's not talk about it now. You can find some of the details in other discussions here. The common theme within Reina and Satoko's backgrounds should be enough of a clue.
Well, that seems like the most logical cause (at least for me), but because that's not twisted and complicated enough (and it would leave K1 fanboys out at the beginning of the season especially), I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why he's not here is something else. I'm avoiding spoilers like a plague, so as I said I may be totally off about everything .

Quote:
I'd speculate that, without Miyo around, Mifumi spent the last of his resources to establish the clinic as a cover for limited personal research after his backers walked out on him. It looks like he didn't manage much progress before dying and his research died with him.
I agree, your theory actually sounds more reasonable.
Old 2009-04-02, 15:35   Link #48
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Well, that seems like the most logical cause (at least for me), but because that's not twisted and complicated enough (and it would leave K1 fanboys out at the beginning of the season especially), I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why he's not here is something else. I'm avoiding spoilers like a plague, so as I said I may be totally off about everything .
Spoiler:

Quote:
I agree, your theory actually sounds more reasonable.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-02, 22:31   Link #49
UnknownBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Hanyuu was corporeal when she and Rika spoke to Ichirou but incorporeal again afterwards. There's no reason to think she can't switch between the two states at will.
Hmm.. I see. But when was this again? I can't recall..

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for ep2:
Old 2009-04-02, 22:50   Link #50
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBeast View Post
Hmm.. I see. But when was this again? I can't recall..
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...7&postcount=42

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBeast View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
It exists. If it didn't then Hifumi would have no reason to be interested in Hinamizawa. It's just that without the Dam War nobody got stressed enough to go L5.
Old 2009-04-02, 23:05   Link #51
KoiYuki

Spoiler for ???:
Old 2009-04-02, 23:30   Link #52
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
Spoiler for ???:
I think it's better if we just assume that Ep1 has nothing to do with the timeline (it's way too ridiculous to even really occur to begin with), and the reflection is referring to something else that may have played out similarly with Keiichi's... erm... "lil bro"
Old 2009-04-03, 00:14   Link #53
Jimmy C

Quote:
Spoiler:
If that's the case, then I suppose

Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-03, 02:33   Link #54
UnknownBeast

Quote:
Thanks, this explains a lot.

Quote:
It exists. If it didn't then Hifumi would have no reason to be interested in Hinamizawa. It's just that without the Dam War nobody got stressed enough to go L5.
Oh, yeah..

It was already explained in izmosmolnar's previous post, which I missed somehow. >.<
Old 2009-04-03, 05:26   Link #55
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
If that's the case, then I suppose

Spoiler:
Spoiler for about the possibility:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for That's sounds possible too:

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-04-03 at 05:44.
Old 2009-04-03, 12:25   Link #56
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Didn't Rika mention during Kai that the reason K1 moved to Hinamizawa was because his father saw two little girls playing in a field? Specifically Rika and Hanyuu, therefore suggesting that Hinamizawa was a good (safe) place to raise children (ironic isn't it?). If this event does not happen, K1 doesn't move to Hinamizawa.
Old 2009-04-03, 12:48   Link #57
maximilianjenus
[E]

Spoiler for about keichi:

Spoiler for about takano clinic:
Old 2009-04-03, 13:45   Link #58
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Spoiler for about takano clinic:
Yeah that might be true, but I think then we are forgetting something. First: keep it in mind that the whole Tokyo group always intended to gain a weapon from the whole syndrome.
Spoiler for that scenario:

Quote:
Didn't Rika mention during Kai that the reason K1 moved to Hinamizawa was because his father saw two little girls playing in a field? Specifically Rika and Hanyuu, therefore suggesting that Hinamizawa was a good (safe) place to raise children (ironic isn't it?). If this event does not happen, K1 doesn't move to Hinamizawa.
yes but I believe that scene happens only after K1 got into the shooting incident which made his Dad to start looking for a new place where he could work in peace. He was carrying a photomachine as far as I remember which we could interpret it even such a way that he was making photos so they can decide it with mommy or even with Keichii if the place is alright to move. Obviously it might be possible that he was only using photographs to inspire himself later with (he's an artist).

Spoiler for k1:

Yeah that's also possible.
I actually just started to think following that.
I was in the impression that multiple things cannot be different in each world, so that's the reason I was assuming that we only need to follow Frederika's interference with Takano, and the result would be pretty much the same as it is now. However! There are no rule which says only one difference can be between Rika's worlds.
Or I go even further. What if Frederika interfered with loli 34 in an already different world (the same one we got after the reboot in now), and that's why some things like K1's absence are "normal" here. I mean not the result of anyone's interference, instead it's only the abnormality by chance, random misfortune in which case, -just like in past worlds according to Rika, his parents simply did not move to Hinamizawa here.
Old 2009-04-03, 14:37   Link #59
cleed

more pics please.
Old 2009-04-03, 14:52   Link #60
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Spoiler for about keichi:
Spoiler for Saikoroshi-hen:

Quote:
Yeah that might be true, but I think then we are forgetting something. First: keep it in mind that the whole Tokyo group always intended to gain a weapon from the whole syndrome.
The main reason Tokyo decided to fund that project was that Koizumi felt guilty about not being able to help Hifumi, which is why he tried to redeem himself by supporting Myio. Without him pushing for it Tokyo would have never been interested in that project. The fact that they try to cancel it immediately after Koizumi dies is ample evidence of that.
Closed Thread