AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-08-17, 10:59   Link #21
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Some leaked images of the modern Captain America suit worn on set:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 14:37   Link #22
GDB

Not sure if the mask seems too big or if his chest doesn't seem big enough. Leaning toward the former, since he looks fine once the mask is off. I also assume it'll look better during movement, but it looks pretty good!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 15:00   Link #23
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I'm not trying to be nitpicky, just curious: Is there any kind of explanation of why he should wear that colorful clothes & mask? I mean, Tony Stark could just give him one of his suit and he'll be double-super-powered^^. Granted, I haven't seen First Avenger and not well-versed in Cap's storyline. That's why I ask ^^.
Old 2011-08-17, 15:21   Link #24
GDB

He's a symbol, first and foremost. He's meant to be seen and give inspiration, while leading his teammates and those under him.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 15:22   Link #25
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'm not trying to be nitpicky, just curious: Is there any kind of explanation of why he should wear that colorful clothes & mask? I mean, Tony Stark could just give him one of his suit and he'll be double-super-powered^^. Granted, I haven't seen First Avenger and not well-versed in Cap's storyline. That's why I ask ^^.
The clothes were always used as an icon/symbol, so I assume they are still being used for similar purposes. edit: beaten by GDB ...

That being said, Stark has always kept his technology under lock and key (though it has often been stolen), so I doubt he would ever willingly build another suit, especially for someone who has already been so enhanced.

---

Yes, Chris Evans still looks good . And I agree that the helmet is a little to rounded.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 15:53   Link #26
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Is the new Bruce Banner here supposed to be a reboot of Hulk or just continuing where Louis Leterrier's movie left of?
Old 2011-08-17, 20:32   Link #27
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Is the new Bruce Banner here supposed to be a reboot of Hulk or just continuing where Louis Leterrier's movie left of?
It's the same as the one Edward Norton played a couple of years ago.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 21:23   Link #28
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The clothes were always used as an icon/symbol, so I assume they are still being used for similar purposes. edit: beaten by GDB ...

That being said, Stark has always kept his technology under lock and key (though it has often been stolen), so I doubt he would ever willingly build another suit, especially for someone who has already been so enhanced.

---

Yes, Chris Evans still looks good . And I agree that the helmet is a little to rounded.
But he gave Colonel Rhodes the War Machine suit, which I'm assuming the military has a hold of now.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 21:42   Link #29
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
But he gave Colonel Rhodes the War Machine suit, which I'm assuming the military has a hold of now.
Rhodes has always been with Stark/Iron Man. In the original comics, Rhodes saves Iron Man from the Viet Cong, and they started a long lasting friendship. Additionally, Stark has said on many occassions that Rhodes is one of the only people he trusts with the Iron Man tech.

That being said, War Machine is significantly weaker than the actual Iron Man suit...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 22:07   Link #30
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

---

In the comics Peter Parker actually asked Tony to give everyone in the team a set of Ironman suit. Tony asked who is going to pay for it. Tony is rich, but he isn't swimming in money. He earned every cent he spent.

And it is well established that Stark is paranoid about his technology being stolen.
Old 2011-08-18, 01:30   Link #31
Xion Valkyrie

The US government can pay for it!
Old 2011-08-18, 01:50   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
In the comics Peter Parker actually asked Tony to give everyone in the team a set of Ironman suit. Tony asked who is going to pay for it. Tony is rich, but he isn't swimming in money. He earned every cent he spent.
LOL. That makes Tony sounds like a real cheapskate , though we all know the real reason behind it .
Old 2011-08-18, 03:02   Link #33
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
The US government can pay for it!
And then they want their own suits in exchange, which is a big no no to Tony.
Old 2011-08-18, 10:23   Link #34
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More of Captain America's Avengers costume

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2011-08-19, 12:36   Link #35
solidvanz
Special Operative

Old 2011-08-19, 16:40   Link #36
Xion Valkyrie

Were they filming outside his apartment or something?
Old 2011-08-20, 21:21   Link #37
solidvanz
Special Operative

Quote:
Were they filming outside his apartment or something?
Yes, they do filming outside his home.

Detailed Description Of The Avengers D23 Footage; More Details Revealed!

A thorough description of The Avengers footage has been posted online, and it reveals tons of new details including action scenes, a fight between two teammates and the tension filled confrontation between Fury and Loki...

Thanks to io9, we have an even more detailed description of The Avengers footage shown at D23 earlier today.

The footage began with Loki (Tom Hiddleston) in prison on board the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier. Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) addresses Loki through the clear panels of the cage: "In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, you so much as tap on the glass..." Fury then flicks a switch and the floor of the cage almost completely drops away, revealing a 30,000 foot drop to certain doom (or as certain as doom can be with someone like Loki).

Loki simply observes, "It's an impressive cage", and he notes that it was clearly built for someone else. Fury says that it was - it was built for someone even stronger than him. Loki knows they're talking about the Hulk, calling him a mindless beast and wondering how desperate Fury must be to ally himself with the likes of such a creature. At this point we see all the various personnel who are listening into this conversation, including Hulk's human alter ego Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), and S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill (Cobie Smulders).

Loki wonders what it must feel for Fury to have been so close to wielding the power of the Cosmic Cube, and how devastating it must be for all that to have slipped away. Fury accuses Loki of talking about peace and then killing for fun, and he tells Loki, "You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Loki asks him what it must be like to be in the presence of real power - to which Fury simply replies, "Let me know if real power wants a magazine or something", and walks away from the cage. The Avengers look at the prisoner on the video monitors, as Bruce Banner caustically observes, "He really grows on you, doesn't he?"

The footage then shows a bunch of action sequences, including a fighter jet flying over a city, an explosive truck chase, and - most intriguingly - a shot of Captain America and Thor apparently fighting each other, with Thor about to bring the hammer down on Cap's shield. All the while, we hear Nick Fury explain the mission statement of the Avengers: "There was an idea to bring together a group of remarkable, to see if they could become more. To fight the battles we never could."

But the most epic exchange comes at the end, as Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.) is behind a bar counter, mixing himself a drink. He describes his teammates: "Let's do a head count. We've got a couple master assassins, a demigod, and a living legend who kinda lives up to the legend" - that'd be Black Widow and Hawkeye, Thor, and Captain America. It's then that we learn Stark is talking to Loki: "And you, big fella, have managed to piss off every single one of them."

To this, Loki responds, "I have an army." Stark's eminently quotable and awesome response? "We have a Hulk." We then see the Hulk roar, and the footage ends. While it's still early days - indeed, filming is still two weeks from completion - this is looking very, very good so far.

And we have yet another revealing description of the footage from Entertainment Weekly.

While much of the plot remains under wraps (look for an EW cover story next month to reveal First Look photos and exclusive details of the story), D23 attendees got to see snippets of two tense scenes between Nick Fury and Loki, and Iron Man alter-ego Tony Stark and the god-gone-wild.

The first sequence featured an imprisoned (or is he still somehow in control?) Loki, locked in a cylindrical glass and steel cell on board the S.H.I.E.L.D. hellicarrier.

“You try to escape you so much as scratch that glass …” Fury says, throwing a switch that opens a gaping vortex into a gray rainstorm. “30,000 feet, straight down in a steel trap.”

Loki smiles. “It’s an impressive cage, but not built for me.”

“Built for something a lot stronger than you,” Fury snaps back.

We cut to Smulders’ Agent Maria Hill watching the exchange on a monitor. The cage is meant for Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) when he Hulks out and needs a time-out. Loki seems to know all about this, and smirks: “How desperate are you, to call on such lost creatures to defend you?”

“How desperate am I?” Fury growls. “You threaten my world with war. You steel a force you can’t control. You talk about peace, but you kill because its fun… ”
Loki is unaffected. “It burns you to be so close,” he says. “To have the tesseract (that cosmic cube from Odin’s court that was the source of all the fighting in Captain America). To have power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share.” Loki’s smile fades: “Allow me to remind you of what real power is.”

Fury waves him off and descends some steel steps, leaving Loki alone in the empty chamber. “Well, let me know if ‘Real Power’ wants a magazine or something.”

Loki glowers at a camera monitoring him, and the movie cuts to Ruffalo’s Bruce Banner. “He really grows on you doesn’t he?”

The second scene is a conversation between Tony Stark and Loki, apparently… in Stark’s private bar? In any case, Tony’s having a drink.

“Let’s do a head count,” Stark says, as the camera cuts to shots of Renner and Johansson as Hawkeye and Black Widow. “Two world class assassins …”

Cut to Thor: “A demigod …”

Cut to Captain America: “A living legend who actually lives up to the legend …”
Now we’re back with Loki and Stark: “And you, big fella!” Stark says. “You’ve managed to piss off every single one of them!”

“I have an army,” Loki snarls.

Stark gets right in the villainous god’s face. “We have a Hulk.”

Boom! Commence cheering!

Source: cbm
Old 2011-09-02, 03:34   Link #38
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More Promo Pics:

Also, the full video clip of "The Consultant" leaked, daling with Agent Coulson and a problem regarding the Abomination:

Last edited by LoweGear; 2011-09-02 at 05:45.
Old 2011-10-11, 09:48   Link #39
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

The trailer is out

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/
Old 2011-10-11, 10:02   Link #40
Xagzan

Huh. I should probably watch Iron Man 2 and Thor first if I plan to see this.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote