AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-01, 09:51   Link #2841
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As you can see, opinions vary. So why not watch it for yourself (subbed) and make up your own mind?
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 13:17   Link #2842
ellifeedn
Thinker

I'll get to it sometime. I just wanted to understand what I was getting into.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-17, 14:49   Link #2843
bastek66

Another series ends as pachinko
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Only interesting thing is older Ao near end of trailer.
Old 2016-11-19, 15:32   Link #2844
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

After having this on my wait list I tried AO as a sequel of a show that aired way before.

I got to say I had good memories of the original show, not great but good enough to entertain.

So what the hell happened here? It even had a nice start, there so... many things that went wrong.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-19, 15:42   Link #2845
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
After having this on my wait list I tried AO as a sequel of a show that aired way before.

I got to say I had good memories of the original show, not great but good enough to entertain.

So what the hell happened here? It even had a nice start, there so... many things that went wrong.
Quartz gun. Enough said.
Old 2017-01-16, 09:07   Link #2846
bastek66

http://www.sammy.co.jp/japanese/prod...ekaao/episode/
Part B til Part D will be streamed every weeks, from January 24th til February 7th.

Looks like it will explain what happened with Ao right before he emerged few years older in last moments of last episode.
Old 2017-01-16, 10:10   Link #2847
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Part B til Part D will be streamed every weeks, from January 24th til February 7th.

Looks like it will explain what happened with Ao right before he emerged few years older in last moments of last episode.
Ok, that's interesting. I actually never thought we would hear much from this show again
Old 2017-01-16, 11:23   Link #2848
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post

....Why after so long?
Old 2017-01-16, 12:17   Link #2849
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Odds someone subs this? Sadly I'm guessing not high.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 00:59   Link #2850
Random14

Huh, so they actually did make something new (guess pachinko is that big a deal in Japan?). An epilogue after all this time... well, it won't fix that bad ending/latter half, but maybe they'll have a more proper ending this time for Ao (the first part shows the sad fate he sentenced himself to). Though looks like he's stuck in the same situation as his mother was now.

Ugh, Naru again. And doesn't help that most of the episode is just Ao and Truth. It would probably be too much to hope for Fleur to show up again.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 20:48   Link #2851
Twi

I'm interested in hearing that, but it probably won't salvage the show after like five years.
Old 2017-02-08, 18:52   Link #2852
bastek66

All episodes are out available, of course one big nothing.
Ep 2 is about adult brown Elena who saves and adopts other Elena, same hair and voice but light skin.
Ep 3 is about 2 Goldilock girls in Ireland
Ep 4 is about Fleur being chief of Generation Bleu due to her father having broken leg and bandaged head. Also, it seems older time displaced Ao prevented her mother's death in car accident. They are looking for him all over world checking old materials (for example Berlin's Wall fall). Episode ends with cliffhander Christoph shouting beginning of operation Astral Ocean.
Old 2017-03-03, 01:44   Link #2853
bastek66

Oh, they added 5th (E) episode now.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-03-03, 12:42   Link #2854
Kurohane

So there was another part that concludes the whole thing!
Old 2017-03-03, 13:07   Link #2855
Twi

I have no idea what I just watched, but basically Ao has been going through time and correcting things to make his friend's lives better and then Truth splits while Ao goes back home and they remember him? Does this retcon the previous ending?
Old 2017-03-03, 19:43   Link #2856
Random14

Well, it doesn't make up for how bad E7AO ended, but at least nice to see Ao finally get a happy ending. I wish there was a sub version, but with how complicated the plot of the original was, I doubt subs would help that much in understanding. Too bad they couldn't have ended with this years ago (especially since now I doubt it'll ever be included in any official release).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 21:53   Link #2857
Twi

I'm still trying to figure out why Renton and Eureka didn't stay with him in the past world. If the future was so borked that they couldn't even have a child, why go back? What was waiting for them there?

With Renton's expertise, he could have been rich. Eureka could be with the two men in her life she loved. Ao could have had a proper family.
Old 2017-03-03, 22:06   Link #2858
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I have no idea what I just watched, but basically Ao has been going through time and correcting things to make his friend's lives better and then Truth splits while Ao goes back home and they remember him? Does this retcon the previous ending?
Sort of? It's essentially the same with Truth and Ao parting as Ao returns to the present world; they just expanded on it. The only difference is the plot power-up that Fleur and present Elena shot at the Nirvash.
Old 2017-03-04, 22:00   Link #2859
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why Renton and Eureka didn't stay with him in the past world. If the future was so borked that they couldn't even have a child, why go back? What was waiting for them there?

With Renton's expertise, he could have been rich. Eureka could be with the two men in her life she loved. Ao could have had a proper family.
this is why no matter what ending they give Ao they can never make up how badly they F'd up. That one plot point makes the entire point of euraka seven null and void and that is the romance and coexistence between humans and the scub coral races, and that is something i can never forgive

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen