AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-11, 12:26   Link #21
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
@coded321 - those questions should probably be asked in the novel thread instead, not here. They could lead to potential spoiler material.

Ep 01

Agreed - I thought the premier ep was quite well done. When they trickled in the insert song of Scarborough Fair I honestly started tearing up - it fit so well, and the gender of the subject matter of the song was changed from she to he. Very fitting!

Definitely committing to this one.
Old 2017-04-11, 12:37   Link #22
Wandering Soul

The start was basically telling you that you better be ready for an upcoming feels trip.

Not only was the insert song pretty good, but they managed to carry over the atmosphere of the novel pretty well.

It looks like we're off to a great start.
Old 2017-04-11, 13:26   Link #23
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Episode 1
So far this is giving me pretty much everything I wanted out of this adaptation as well as a general idea on how much they are planning to cover.

Really this might be the sleeper hit of the season. I just hope people don't write it off, it being a "LN Adaptation" and all.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 13:34   Link #24
Applehell

Liked the first episode. I appreciate the fact it didn't rely too much on exposition despite having disembodied narratior and provided a enough information to piece what the setting was about before bring all together at the end. So we know at least there was a war, but not what it was fought over and humanity became nearly extinct. Which is a good sign for the show conversation wise.

Insert songs were nice... but I didn't teally tear up myself. It is another aspect that reminds of Grimgar tho. That show was pretty insert songs heavy itself, we already have two in the first episode used in very similar manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
great first episode, got me interested. however, i want to know how dark, tragic, and messed up is this going to get? akame ga kill levels?
I'm anime only watcher here, but I've heard this is like Grimgar if had removed the Isekai and D&D elements, to stuck the day to day operations. So its genre almost purely SOL and drama with next to no action. I think this reflected in the first episode pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
Really this might be the sleeper hit of the season. I just hope people don't write it off, it being a "LN Adaptation" and all.
If some going to do that then let them? If you have been watching anime for any decent length of time it should be readily apparent that the medium is diverse than it appears. It's never consisted of just stuff like, High School DxD or Date A Live. Stuff like Monogatari, Spice & Wolf etc have existed on that as well. So being an "LN Adaptation" doesn't mean anything especially since it's dumb co-sign an entire industry as trash because there plenty garbage works there too. Even Anime and Manga have a ton of mediocre works, but doesn't medium terrible as whole.

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-04-11 at 13:51.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 13:41   Link #25
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Why does this make me think humanity will miraculously return? Especially considering how the Mc is now like 526 years older than he was in the last scene?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 13:49   Link #26
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
great first episode, got me interested. however, i want to know how dark, tragic, and messed up is this going to get? akame ga kill levels?
I can answer that without spoiling. This isn't the same kind of story at all. The drama/Tragic part can be compared more easily to titles like hotaru no haka/grave of the fireflies, for example.
Old 2017-04-11, 14:33   Link #27
SeaDoor

I have to admit that lately I've become doubtful of any series with a very long name but this one was better than I expected. The MC is a bit too dense not to figure out what weapons were kept in the warehouse. Looking forward to the next episode.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 15:07   Link #28
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Holy shit, the first minute and the scene with the two walking around town with that music made me feel like I was watching the final episode. I dunno what I'm getting into with this one.

Also, I didn't know trolls could be so pretty and kawaii. All the ones I kill in Skyrim are anything but.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 15:09   Link #29
desrtsku
Nympholept

The title is pretty long, is there an official shorter way to call it? I did see someone in here calling it sukasuka but I'm not sure if it's something used broadly, though.

Nice insert songs, by the way.
Old 2017-04-11, 15:26   Link #30
Dop
Mmmm....

OK, I knew nothing about this when I started watching, but I liked what I saw and wonder how much of the backstory is going to eke out here and there.
Seems to have real promise.

Oh yes, and that particular troll could come and live under my bridge any time...!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 15:28   Link #31
CptChaos

Interesting start. That was also a very good cover of Simon & Garfunkel's Scarborough Fair. Haven't heard this song in years.

EDIT: Now having a deeper look at it I noticed for the first time, their version is a cover itself. Wow, learning never stops.

Last edited by CptChaos; 2017-04-11 at 15:55.
CptChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 15:31   Link #32
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
The title is pretty long, is there an official shorter way to call it? I did see someone in here calling it sukasuka but I'm not sure if it's something used broadly, though.

Nice insert songs, by the way.
I have seen SukaSuka used in a fair number of different places for what it is worth, both anime streaming sites (like CR), anime news sites (like ANN), novel review blogs, and similar places (anime-planet, MAL, etc.)
Old 2017-04-11, 15:41   Link #33
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Also, I didn't know trolls could be so pretty and kawaii. All the ones I kill in Skyrim are anything but.
well in wow while female trolls are not exactly your super hot chicken they still pretty good
Spoiler for trolls on wow:

while the males looks ugly the females are pretty hot, but not a "human hot chicken with fangs like on that anime.

hmm really interesting serie, the beginner really give me a creep vibing and a little confuse but i think which not was really a trouble as i could get later what is happening, this season looks like we gonna get a good amount of "non generic" bad LN which is good, cuz i really feel like the LN really need to stop go almost full on generic route and do "more different" and interesting things than just your generic perv otaku/shut-in fappers bait series which normally make the LN market really look bad if you not one of the "perv target public", i really wish things could be more balanced and the herbivore perv not be the target public most of the times, just hope this serie keep good, having 2 good series in one season already a good signal.
Old 2017-04-11, 16:09   Link #34
Applehell

Meh, she's too moeified imo. Does even have the green skin, so you wouldn't know she was one until she told you. Her non-human traits seem to stop at the fangs unless she can transform or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
I have to admit that lately I've become doubtful of any series with a very long name but this one was better than I expected. The MC is a bit too dense not to figure out what weapons were kept in the warehouse. Looking forward to the next episode.
Maybe the idea of humanoid bio weapons is just absurd to him? He was a soldier in whatever war here that was fought and perhaps the military hadn' deployed them then.

Last edited by Applehell; 2017-04-11 at 16:17. Reason: Damn you autocorrect
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 16:27   Link #35
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Meh, she's too moeified imo. Does even have the green skin, so you wouldn't know she was one until she told you. Her non-human traits seem to stop at the fangs unless she can transform or something.

Maybe the idea of humanoid bio weapons is just absurd to him? He was a soldier in whatever war here that was fought and perhaps the military hadn' deployed them then.
That war was over 500 years ago - thats the joke.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 16:32   Link #36
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
OK, I already have a huge problem with this show. If everyone is in danger of being killed by horrible creatures and the only ones who can fight said creatures are these girls.... WHY THE HELL DO YOU HATE THESE GIRLS? WTF is wrong with all the other races?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 16:44   Link #37
AB079
Banned

Personally, I think this series has the potential to be the anime of the season. Remember how glorious was Re:Zero adaptation with all the harsh scenes and perfect VA's - soundtrack? well, without spoiling anything, this have the exact same core elements (obviously both stories are completely different).
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 16:48   Link #38
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
yeah that party annoyed me too, the first time she called herself a troll i was more like "ok she is a "internet troll" and was more like a joke then she keep calling herself a troll then the "fang" appear, then i go to wow..., she is a troll because she have a little more long fang O,o, what really a "troll", that really not get too well on me, could be more easy to accept if she had told which she is a vampire or a "elf" or something more "demi-human but a race which overal really look different from human from color to others traits that was really weird this is gonna be forever the "japanese problem" of the "moe is justice" and almost every female character must look like a hot young/teen girl or loli even milfs , that aways gonna be the otaku market problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
OK, I already have a huge problem with this show. If everyone is in danger of being killed by horrible creatures and the only ones who can fight said creatures are these girls.... WHY THE HELL DO YOU HATE THESE GIRLS? WTF is wrong with all the other races?
well the problem is more like they "dont hate the girls" by being weapons, the girls just looks like the extincted human race which had many troubles in past, just the typical "raciscm" Xenophobia and also the fact which they are expandables then make bonds with then can be pointless for the others races.
Old 2017-04-11, 16:59   Link #39
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well the problem is more like they "dont hate the girls" by being weapons, the girls just looks like the extincted human race which had many troubles in past,
I get racisim and xenofobia. But maybe when the target of those things are the only ones standing between you and a horrible death you turn it down a notch. I've seen this in anime before, and ONLY in anime. Is this a Japanese thing?

Yeah, people hated mutants in X-Men, for example. But that was justifed since for every good mutant there was an evil one. But here? You're hating on something that was literally created to keep you alive. It makes no sense and seems very forced, as in it's only there to pile on some more suffering.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 17:19   Link #40
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I get racisim and xenofobia. But maybe when the target of those things are the only ones standing between you and a horrible death you turn it down a notch. I've seen this in anime before, and ONLY in anime. Is this a Japanese thing?

Yeah, people hated mutants in X-Men, for example. But that was justifed since for every good mutant there was an evil one. But here? You're hating on something that was literally created to keep you alive. It makes no sense and seems very forced, as in it's only there to pile on some more suffering.
I think the anime hasn't explored the setting enough to justify everything yet, and of course most viewers haven't read the light novels.

Light Novel adaptions have the huge typical flaw that they can't tell a complete story, if the source novels are ongoing. The dramatic beginning, and unusually touching scene of wandering round the town are well calculated to draw in viewers, but the rest of the story seemed a little incoherent? There are many unexplained elements, and in this day and age, a protagonist's reason for taking up residence in a house of cute girls has to be much more convincing than this. Nice dialogue and characters though, I'll see how it goes.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, light novel adaptation, post apocalyptic, science fiction, tragedy