AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-01, 09:04   Link #241
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by limao View Post

You right, we all know only Raki Norris can do that...

I just want to remember that I was the first one saying this, that raki would kill hysteria
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 09:23   Link #242
limao
DeAd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
I just want to remember that I was the first one saying this, that raki would kill hysteria
Raki probably would lose control when he sees giant naked chicks and awaken into a dildo
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 09:36   Link #243
Dark Night

Just from looking at the pictures, this chapter seems actually great, if only because we get to see two Abyssal Ones duke it out. I was afraid it would be one-sided, but it'll actually be a close thing.

But this chapter has also made me re-evaluate a whole bunch of things. Mainly that just because you have Abyssal One as a title doesn't mean you actually are on that power level. (So Rosemary might have indeed not been an actual Abyssal One).

Hysteria is weak. Plain and simple. All she boasts is speed, otherwise, nothing. Miria, Helen, they seem to be able to keep up in some way [that leaves me befuddled], so even that speed thing is arguable.

Did her awakening somehow nerf her power or something? This actually makes me wonder how she ranked among the most powerful number ones ever. I'm also re-evaluating Riful, Isley and Luciella. I mean, the battle between the latter two was creating huge explosions and earthquakes; it seemed beyond what Cassie and Roxie are showing us.

I'm now more inclined to believe that the previous three AOs are probably stronger than the current ones. That, and that the Org suck even more than I thought when it comes to estimating power levels.
Dark Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 09:38   Link #244
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
And i love Hysteria's new Dragonfly like form its so much more cooler than her Harpy look, and im convinced that when Hysteria was getting chopped up by Miria after she regenerated she began to look more like Priscilla because she gained armor on her shoulder and her wings took on a similair appearence to hers maybe its the Yoki of Priscilla fusing with her body and altering her appearence haha
Comparisons (and freaky destroyer image for fun):

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-03-01, 09:45   Link #245
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Oh god, I loved the Destroyer arc... most exciting times this thread had seen in my time here. It ended a bit weaker than it started with the whole wedge/block thing, but over all it was very good. That arc, while it killed off so many ABs and left the ghosts unscaved minus Clare ending up in a blob made me love 2 of the 3 new ghosts. I just wish Helen and Deneve had a few darker moments and Helen having a few more moments to balance out all of Deneves talking. Also I do find myself at times wishing one of the three AOs survived just so I could see how they compared vs the new three... or for some guilty pleasure other reason (like seeing Riful order Dauf to stfu, take back what he threated Priscilla with, then ordered him to sware allegance to her just so they could have a shot at living rather than the dumbass sealing there fates due to being a hothead even though he knew he was helpless... I dont care if they live or not (like Riful recalls Clare and Priscilla have a past together and offers the info to Priscilla in exchange for there lives, then Priscilla drags them to Clare only for both Dauf and Riful to be hit by the rods in the ensuing choas or one making it through after the other got turned but kept enough of there mind to protect the other but to a slightly lesser degree than Alicia being accepted by Beth and the rods not effecting there yoki sync shared mind like it could have) as I said guilty pleasure pay it no heed)

Now after that arc too many random series of events that all magically work out to a completely new plot direction work out in favor of the ghosts for me to like it as an arc. That said there have been some good parts, like Roxanne and Cassandras back story and I still want more of that, but everything with Hysteria has been a disapointment except for her looks and one uping Miria's technique the first time however later it all got a bit contrived... and the whole the three are doomed to awaken ensured theyd not in any likelyhood survive the arc which really kills a lot of the suspence. Yagi could have just made all three of them around young warrior Priscilla's level without the potential to surpass Teresa one day as hinted (no Teresa vs Priscilla debate, just saying make them that strong without potential to get stronger then and there upon awakening) and then have only one of them awaken. Like lets say Hysteria, since neither Cassandra or Roxanne should have gotten injured enough to lose control of there yokis vs whom they fought warrior wise, then have Cassandra recall her past and choose to join the ghosts against the awakened Hysteria (in a just as fast but better looking form with footing that still gives her the traction shed need to move that fast). However have Roxanne take that distraction as an excuse to check out that weird yoki she sensed, and have her evil just for the sake of it to gain Raftelas power (maybe hack off a kid or twos limbs as a good start, then kick the shit out of Raki but clearly leave him unharmed long term wise unless she sensed he's developing a yoki signature thats weird to the flesh being removed and coming from two sources). Then have Roxanne leave there and debate joining the everyone vs Hysteria fight or just observing. Now insert your opinion of what she should do, I'd prefer her heading west due to her new technique telling her the yoki of another now runs through her is that way and she wants her abilities (hint she ends up releasing Clare and Priscilla, the Destroyer is now fully merged with Clare and Hysteria cant deside whom she "loves" more, Priscill is still too strong though (just weak against mental attack) even with Clares new strenght... long story short Roxanne cant risk Priscilla winning so she joins Clare in the attack thus forcing Priscilla to flee for the moment until she can more fully recover and feed so she runs west. Clare and Roxanne talk about what is happening at org hq hears that she was brought back to life and mostvof Teresas corpse is there and heads that way hoping to save everyone and revive Teresa after if possible. Only to return to the east to find everyone defeated and captured by male warriors from the main land and the org has found out about Rubel being a spy and at least Miria is partally awakened (hence why not everyone was killed for betrayal the org want to identify the partially awakened first) they find out some of these male warriors are 100 plus years old and have been kept as defensive Mutually Assured Destruction troops in reserve in case the oldest dragons attacked which is how come they could fight so well and strong without releasing yoki and just awakening on the spot like males do.

Oh well, enough what ifs... I just hope the manga gets amazing again soon.
Old 2012-03-01, 09:50   Link #246
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Wow, so didnt mean to go off like that sorry Id put it in spoiler tags but in my cell
Old 2012-03-01, 10:52   Link #247
Elandyll

Waiting on translation but ... Non awakened, exhausted Miria still duking it out with Abyssal Hysteria?

/facepalm
Elandyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 12:16   Link #248
TheKickInside
sidewalk safari

I really liked the art in this chapter, but jeez was it slow again. Best bit was Roxanne face stomping Cassy, reminded me a bit of the Blade of Evil. I liked Hysteria's new form but it just seems a bit random how she keeps changing to all these different modes so flippantly. Why didn't she just awaken into that form to start with to save all the hassle? Instead it's just randomly "ner lol here's my 52nd form", without any build up or consequence. I mean she's gonna be killed in the next few chapters so what was the point in another new form? And she'll probably show magically increased damage potential fighting the other ZAOs, even though she could only paper cut Miria. Not all negative though, pretty fight scenes, hoping for more.
Old 2012-03-01, 13:34   Link #249
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
im dying to find out what theyre saying to each other on that page because Cassandra looks completely insane.
Probably saying stuff that involves a synonym for feces. That's how I picture every single speech bubble.
Old 2012-03-01, 14:54   Link #250
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Can someone explain to me how Miria got back her scar?

And it feels like Miria is the main character now.
Old 2012-03-01, 15:11   Link #251
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post

Yagi just forgot to draw it, or it was too far away, or he purposely left it out in some panels since when she was close to awakening she took on more monster features and the scar went away until she powered down. Also of note, in Yagi's first series "Angel Densetsu" the main character got his face slashed with a knife in like ch 2 or 3 but the scar only came back when he got really red in the face, to make him scarrier looking... though later in the series Yagi just stopped drawing it . With Miria it seems to come back when she's calm and not releasing too much yoki when at close to mid distance

Anyways my guess is it will eventually fade, since its only been a few days since she got it and the "medics" Cynthia and Yuma are present plus her arm "still isnt 100%" so logically it can still heal, so therefore so can the scars can still heal too. Plus it doesnt seem that popular but who knows maybe Yagi likes it.

Well, Miria got the "promotion" to main character due to her power level (main reason) and Deneve's ever dying popularity (though she talks just as much even still though ). We all want Clare back, and many of use Teresa but many dont want her back either , so your not alone with not liking Miria becoming the temp main character... Yagi could have at least brought Clarice and Miata East to org hq so it could have been Miria and Miata vs Hysteria to not make Hysteria seem so under powered. oh well, maybe she's staying put for a reason
Old 2012-03-01, 15:22   Link #252
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOfGray View Post
Probably saying stuff that involves a synonym for feces. That's how I picture every single speech bubble.
Cassandra: No! Shit! Sherlock!
Roxanne: Keeping digging, Watson.
Old 2012-03-01, 15:31   Link #253
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post

Either Yagi forgot to draw Miria's scar or when she powered up her yoki the scar temporarily disappeared due to Miria achieving a transformed state?

Spoiler for Super Miria:

Shiek927 I think Yagi had Miria act like Superman on purpose as the pic above shows since she's exactly coping super mans flying pose so I put that funny pic in my Claymore Fan Club.

I think Hysteria may fall for Miria's plan since she followed Miria before to Cass when she was in Claymore form but Hysteria should be able to survive.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 16:05   Link #254
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
When Deneve has no more wedge analogies to give.

I made a timeline and marked when this might happen with an "X."

[Now]------------------------------------X---[End of Time]
Well it's not like it's Deneve's fault that Clare is gone. But it seems that you are just mocking her, again.

I wish Clare would come back but it has not happened and probably won't happen until this arc is over.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Claymore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 17:40   Link #255
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain999 View Post
Somehow, I don't know why exactly, my interest in Claymore is waning
after the Destroyer Arc.

I still look forward to it but no longer with the excitement I once had.

Reading the current chapter no longer brings me the anticipation i once had
What took you so long?

Been there since the AEs.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 18:47   Link #256
MalakTawus

I still love Claymore,but i admit that Yagi's decision to not include Claire in this arc has taken away a good amount of excitement for me,lol.
Oh well, i'm sure that as soon as Claire (and Prissy ) will be back in the story my hype meter wil go crazy once again,lol.

Anyway,Miria's color picture alone (after the chapter) is worthy for this month's wait,lolololol
MalakTawus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 20:34   Link #257
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
I still love Claymore,but i admit that Yagi's decision to not include Claire in this arc has taken away a good amount of excitement for me,lol.
Oh well, i'm sure that as soon as Claire (and Prissy ) will be back in the story my hype meter wil go crazy once again,lol.
I think that leaving Clare out of this arc was a pretty interesting move. I mean in every other shonen I've seen the main character absolutely has to be the main face in every important event (I call it "Goku save us!" routine). Because of this, I find the fact that it seems Clare will be absent form one of the most important events on the island refreshing.
Old 2012-03-01, 20:50   Link #258
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
I think that leaving Clare out of this arc was a pretty interesting move. I mean in every other shonen I've seen the main character absolutely has to be the main face in every important event (I call it "Goku save us!" routine). Because of this, I find the fact that it seems Clare will be absent form one of the most important events on the island refreshing.
Not really there's several shounens where the main character does nothing for large pieces of time and events, Psyren, HxH, heck even bleach has a large strip where Ichigo does very little until practically the very end.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 20:54   Link #259
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
I'll admit it is an interesting move not having the Claire front and center for this arc. However, I would say Miria and the gang alone did not truly fill the void left by Claire. If anything, I do appreciate Claire and Raki's presence far more than I use to from reading this arc. They had some neat interactions going on.

That is not to say that this arc did not have nice developments. I think Roxanne and Cassandra turned out to be very interesting characters to the point that I'd rather watch them than Hysteria. I also like the interactions between Raki/Raftela and Rubel/Dae.

Overall, I think my issue with this arc is pacing. It's been 3-4 chapters of Hysteria and Miria, which I simply have no interest in from the beginning (lol opinions). When all the ZAOs awakened I thought this arc would be finished perhaps too early, now I think it is starting to drag. Luckily, I think the next chapter will at least put the Hysteria vs Miria battle to the end.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 01:57   Link #260
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Well, Miria got the "promotion" to main character due to her power level (main reason) and Deneve's ever dying popularity (though she talks just as much even still though ). We all want Clare back, and many of use Teresa but many dont want her back either , so your not alone with not liking Miria becoming the temp main character...
Actually I don't dislike the idea at all, Miria being the main character I mean. It might be just my opinion but Clare loses her cool too easily especially where Priscilla is concerned. I'd like to see her contain that rage a little bit better. It's been over 100 chapters and she didn't really mature in the emotions department and her skills aren't surprisingly strong either to the point she could really lead a squad. Miria otoh has continuously displayed leadership, although she's not completely without flaw such as how she wants to burden everything on herself and being "selfish". Her skills are as good, if not better than Clare and we can all see the way she's dancing with Hysteria (even in her unawakened form). So unless there's a breakthrough to Clare's character, strength or otherwise, even though she's the poster girl, I can't really feel much attachment her as compared to Miria who's respectable.