AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-21, 04:17   Link #81
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

I just started reading Break Blade, I like it a lot so far. The plot sort of reminds me of Gundam a little bit. The character designs and art are pretty good - Sigyn, Narvi and Cleo (sadly, she's too young) are

I also saw the raws for the latest volumes and....

Spoiler for Sigyn and Cleo:
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 01:46   Link #82
Shindig

I don't know how the translators came up with Artemis...the nation to the west of Krishna is ATHENS! I believe it's pronounced E-teh-ne-su, and the name of the golem that Zess and co use are pronounced E-ru-teh-mis (presumably Artemis, since Artemis was a Greek god and Athens is a Greek city, hence the connection).
Shindig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 03:02   Link #83
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
I don't know how the translators came up with Artemis...the nation to the west of Krishna is ATHENS! I believe it's pronounced E-teh-ne-su, and the name of the golem that Zess and co use are pronounced E-ru-teh-mis (presumably Artemis, since Artemis was a Greek god and Athens is a Greek city, hence the connection).
Every thing on that continent have Greek name, but the ancient mech of Rygart is a Japanese-made.
Old 2010-01-25, 03:55   Link #84
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
It might be that the original author or company required them to change it. Alternately, the editing might be bad and the wrong word was inserted.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 22:41   Link #85
NoLongerSane

Really enjoyed chapter 19.
Spoiler for Chapter 19:

Last edited by NoLongerSane; 2010-01-25 at 23:12. Reason: used wrong title: was a captian not a general
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 22:31   Link #86
TrueKnight

Scans for chapter 20 are up,

Goddamn awesome chapter,

Spoiler:

Need next chapter quick, the upcoming battle will most likely be awesome. God I love this series.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 23:23   Link #87
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Scans for chapter 20 are up,

Goddamn awesome chapter,

Spoiler:

Need next chapter quick, the upcoming battle will most likely be awesome. God I love this series.
I concur. I also have an understanding for the Sygn and Rygart pairing from this chapter
Spoiler for 20:

Also, could someone please pm me on what has been going on from here on to the current chapter. I would like to be current on what is going on in the series.
Old 2010-02-06, 00:02   Link #88
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Sigyn is just <3, I loved the part with her and Rygart outside of Rygart's room.

seems my forgetful memory has come in handy for once, I can't remember what follows from when I peeked at the raws way back but glad I can't, I now look forward to whats to come without knowing anything! YAY!
Old 2010-02-13, 20:58   Link #89
NoLongerSane

The scan for 21 is out. Very interesting chapter about battle tactics. One question though...
Spoiler for 21:
Old 2010-02-13, 21:15   Link #90
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
The scan for 21 is out. Very interesting chapter about battle tactics. One question though...
Spoiler for 21:
Maybe they are some result of some mutant projects to create super soldier of pre-apocalypse war of non-magic era .
Old 2010-02-16, 15:04   Link #91
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Am I only one who find it "funny" that if Athens gone diplomatic route they would already made annexation, possible even with incorporating army in they own instead of taking all that losses? Good word is more effective when you are carrying a gun, but they totally forgot good word part.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 21:29   Link #92
TrueKnight

Scanlations for chapter 22 are up, fucking epic chapter with tons of battles. Man Borcuse's squad was just simply too badass wiping out Erusa's team with no sweat. Using fear as weapon by displaying your dead foe to its allies is surely something. Bard being the badass he is refuses to let his army subdue to fear and change it to rage instead. Too bad Artemis' pincer attack is just effective.

Rygart's entry at the end with like a rhino charging on Artemi's soldiers was just simply too amusing. Seems his squad going to turn the tide of battle.

Next chapter please come soon. This series is just so good. Sad about the lack of attention it's currently getting.
Old 2010-02-22, 21:51   Link #93
NoLongerSane

I enjoyed chapter 22. I enjoyed how the battle was going and how Rygart came in at the last minute. It was interesting that there was some concern about the fear tactic Borcuse was going to use to shake Bard's men, and how Bard refuse to allow such an act to succeed.
Old 2010-02-22, 21:57   Link #94
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for 22:
Old 2010-02-22, 21:59   Link #95
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for 22:
in war there is no right or wrong, just victory.
Old 2010-02-22, 22:18   Link #96
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for 22:
There's no such thing as too little, if it improves the chances of your men get out of it alive and the enemy defeated (even by 1%) military speaking it makes sense. They are also not under our laws.
Old 2010-02-22, 22:18   Link #97
Valerian Mengsk

^ This

Also, remember that our dear friend the general was on trial for war crimes just prior to this offensive.

To touch on the morality of the act of mistreating the dead:
A) Is it more moral for a commander to not do something morally wrong and have his men die as a result? (Fighting against an intact and entrenched enemy)
or
B) To make the decision and carry the burden of sin on his own chest in order to preserve as many of his men's lives as possible?
(as in this case where inciting either fear or rage causes the enemy to make tactically stupid decisions)

Feel free to comment
Valerian Mengsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 22:37   Link #98
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
There's no such thing as too little, if it improves the chances of your men get out of it alive and the enemy defeated (even by 1%) military speaking it makes sense. They are also not under our laws.
Have to agree with this. Plus, Athens knew who they were sending into battle when they ordered him to deliver victory to them. Also, Valerian Mengsk pretty much mentioned that the General was already charged for previous crimes but Athens promise to drop them if he helped with victory. All the General was doing was using a tactic that would be a means to an end if it caused the enemy to make a critical mistake.
Old 2010-02-22, 22:54   Link #99
TrueKnight

I’d say Borcuse’s tactic was probably morally wrong, but its pretty much damn effective in combat. Nothing is better than fighting your enemies while they’re completely demoralized, losing concentration and focus that could cause them to scatter easily, it also adds up the survival rate of your own squad.

Also correct me if I’m wrong but Borcuse was previously put in court martial for war crimes by the Athen’s senate because of his brutal tactic. However with the loss and failure Zesu’s squad and the Athen’s dire need of energy resources made the charges against Borcuse to be revoked in order to have him lead an army for Khrisna’s invasion. Regardless of Borcuse’s morally questionable ways of doing things, they required his service because of his prowess in combat, tactic that would ensure victory.

Ends justify means indeed.
Old 2010-02-23, 07:11   Link #100
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Zess invasion wasn't official sanction. He and his squad was suppose to be on the look out for the main Athens Invasion force. The reason he quickly invaded into Krisna to capture Hodr was to make the country quickly surrender and to spare the kingdom from the wrath of the Athens army while he is unaware that the Athenian government wants to executed the royal family and the true reason of the invasion was not because the Krisna kingdom allow an enemy nation to cross into it's border and attack Athens but in reality the Athenian's Quartz supplies are running out.

Tags
action, adventure, mecha, science fiction, shounen