Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-03, 18:02   Link #101
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemil828
Oni, just be happy with what you got. Look at Fate/Stay Night and how they handled h-scenes. Even then I don't really remember anyone moaning about how Shiro geting eaten by a proverbial dragon somehow ruined the intricate relationships between the characters.
Thats because the dragon itself was bad enough....

anyway, i wonder if it will be getting any better? I suppose I shouldn't read the game summaries because after you do, the anime can be a bit of a let down, with all the cuts.

Ignorance is truly bliss.

Old 2006-08-03, 18:39   Link #102
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
A while ago, I read some of the game summaries - though the anime has now gone past what I read.

To be honest, I think the anime is better without the ero scenes.

Hakuoro is a calm, sensible person - is basically worth of respect. Humping the female cast hurts his character if you ask me (and also seems rather forced and uncessary).

There's some other scenes that the anime has so far missed out which I'd like to see...
Spoiler for ero related:
Old 2006-08-03, 19:05   Link #103
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside
It's simple, really. Derihourai is the show's replacement Oboro.
Bah, after the past few episodes - Oboro's been acting like one hell of a legend imo, so no one's gonna replace him. ^__^
Old 2006-08-03, 20:01   Link #104
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Oboro gets dateraped by little boys. Bring on this new guy!
Old 2006-08-03, 21:30   Link #105
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Oboro gets dateraped by little boys. Bring on this new guy!

Aw, don't be like that. Poor Oboro, you see, he is kinda dimwitted and thick-headed, and the twins, well, they are sly and cunning. Combine these things with the power of much too much alcohol, and I think you can be more understanding of poor ol' Oboro becoming owned.

At least that was funny ownage, I felt a bit bad for Oboro when his sister was unhappy with how he was being with the animal; he wanted to take its life, not out of cruelity, but for benifiting Yazuha's quality of life.
Old 2006-08-04, 07:12   Link #106
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
There's something bothering me...

In the game all the girls (except Aruruu, of course) have a thing for Hakuro and had their way (one way or another ) with him.

In the anime, it looks like all the girls have their feelings for him somewhat supressed. They don't act like they like him very much anymore.

I mean, after that Karura's scene trying to seduce Hakuoro, all the others with them both together looked like she didn't hold any special feelings for him besides friendship and being grateful for all he did.

Are all the girls 'tunned down' just for Eruruu's sake, so she will be the winner without any rivals? I'd rather prefer to see some more 'healthy' competition, even without H-Scenes.

Of course, don't need to turn into a typical harem-themed anime show, too.
Old 2006-08-04, 08:36   Link #107
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Karura is probably the most overt one in terms of seducing or mere teasing - and that is probably part of her personality, not necessarily her possible infatuation with Hakuoro.

Touka, IMO, takes her task as a bodyguard too seriously to allow herself to develop feelings - especially since she's probably working hard to make up for the misunderstanding with Orikakan and Kutcha-Ketcha.

Urutorii, for her part, is probably too ensconced with her duties as a yomoru to have significant interaction leading to possible affection for our clueless emperor. In the game the H scene was caused by her being distraught by a certain event and her seeking for comfort - but I don't think it was pure love or whatever.

Kamyuu is probably too busy playing with Aruruu and Yuzuha to frolic with Hakuoro and, well, if you know what happened in the game, well...no need to say more, right?

As for Eruruu, well, she relates to the famous stereotype of the sensible housewife (like Belldandy from Aa! Megami-Sama) that's always there for her...unofficial husband so I suppose the staff might have wanted to paint her as such and push the other characters aside, providing them with the means to cram the game's main events in those 26 episodes, which also include battles, emo moments and whatnot.

And about the focus brought upon her...well, let's wait till the end, eh? There's more to her and her apparent relationship with Hakuoro than meets the naked eye...^_O

As for the harem thing, well, one thing that is missing is the trademark fight between rivals for a certain person. I don't think there is a contest of sorts in the story apart from the apparent (but not necessarily true) Eruruu x Karura clash sparked in this ep. But I think it has more to do with her lack of confidence and her thinking that she is not as beautiful as our favorite Giriyagina than the usual 'Holy mother of Uitsuarunemitea, she's trying to steal my man from me! Die, you wanton harlot!' plot turn.
Old 2006-08-04, 09:22   Link #108
MidNteJ

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-04, 09:25   Link #109
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidNteJ
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Game Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-04, 09:29   Link #110
MidNteJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Spoiler for Game Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-04, 09:38   Link #111
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I assume you're talking about the bonus pics the player receives when he or she completes the game with the hardest mode available. They have nothing to do with the storyline...
Old 2006-08-04, 12:01   Link #112
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Spoiler for about Aruruu:
Old 2006-08-04, 14:33   Link #113
Key Board
Carbon

I'd sad Karura loved him in her own way

minor upcoming spoilers
Spoiler:

Yuzuha has the typical older man crush on him.

Kamyu... err.. you seriously want the anime to catch up first before talking about that
Old 2006-08-04, 17:18   Link #114
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
dam im soo late >.< heres my thoughts
absolutly brilliant and funny eps !!!
Karura must be desprite to be offering herself so she can save her ppl...thats sweet even tho hakuoro sed it doesnt matter...and the look on eruruu's face as she slowly walked back down the steps is priceless!! then giving hakuoro the silent treatment is classic for a jealous young girl
and oh touka checking for poison is delightful ^__^
IMO hakuoro is just a disgrace...as if he gets kidnapped like that T_T how degrading for him as a man haha! i want to experience something like that!
the short fight was cool...seeing karura decapitating the guards again
hmm so i take it that karura is like a princess or queen before she came to hakuoro? also that kid (cnt remember his name) seems to be her son from the looks of it...
i loved this ep so its a well deserved 10/10!!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-04, 19:05   Link #115
EvolutionXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
also that kid (cnt remember his name) seems to be her son from the looks of it...
If you mean Delihourai...Hakuoro said something like "save your little brother" to Karura when they were camping up by those caves, and she didnt correct him or anything so i'd assume he's right. Also she doesnt really look old enough to have such a old son
Old 2006-08-04, 19:11   Link #116
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionXI
If you mean Delihourai...Hakuoro said something like "save your little brother" to Karura when they were camping up by those caves, and she didnt correct him or anything so i'd assume he's right. Also she doesnt really look old enough to have such a old son
fyi ... Karura is a Virgin in the anime ;D
Old 2006-08-04, 19:49   Link #117
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox
fyi ... Karura is a Virgin in the anime ;D
^Lies!

"...but we didn't really do anything,
nor did she do anything to me.
Really, I had everything under control.
Total control..."

"Like now?"

"...Fuck!"

Old 2006-08-04, 20:13   Link #118
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionXI
Yeah, I was wondering where Hakuoro came up with the idea that he was Karura's younger brother. Which apparently he is, according to the parody manga:

Old 2006-08-04, 20:16   Link #119
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
Yeah, I was wondering where Hakuoro came up with the idea that he was Karura's younger brother. Which apparently he is, according to the parody manga:

Where does one obtain this parody manga?
Old 2006-08-04, 20:27   Link #120
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
And my love for Karura grows even stronger. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Where does one obtain this parody manga?
Its probably just one strip from a Doujinshi of many, so buying it shall be challenge.