AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-06-22, 16:03   Link #401
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncreativex View Post
I'll check out AIKI and Veritas, but I read the first 50 or so chapters of Akumetsu and didn't like it much.
Happy that you at least give things a chance, much respect. Let me know how it goes okay?

Quote:
In terms of size and shape the Claymore swords aren't too out there, they're closer to large Zweihanders (German great swords) than (Irish) Claymores though. The thing is that they're supposed to weigh more than a normal human can use efficiently and are made of an insanely tough steel (later explained to be from somewhere far away from the setting), but the fact that Claymores are clearly described to be super human makes it okay. At first I though it was a Mark Twain thing, but since there are normal swords involved for human characters...

That reminds me, has there been any explaination why people can fall like a hundred feet with little damage or how even loads of marines can take thousands of push-ups in this series?
Explaination huh? Well, there in lies a problem...

When you combine an "epic shounen" series with an author like Eiichiro Oda, expect things to be very drawn out. Oda's a pretty patient guy seeing as he can introduce something in the first chapter of a series and not explain it until the halfway point, nearly 500 chapters later.

You said that it was believable for Clare and her fellow Claymores to wield their BFS's because they are clearly described as superhuman. I can say the same for Mihawk, but the fact would still remain that I have no proof or explaination of this (aside from the obvious display during his first appearance) because Oda is simply with-holding that information. It is implied that Mihawk uses some kind of Haki just as it was originally implied by Kreig that he might imploy the powers of a Devil Fruit (and since I've yet to see Mihawk swim/submerged in water both are still equally valid views). Until Oda gives validation, this is all merely speculation.

And then of course there is the fact that Oda has some ideals that he sees no need to explain.
Why are even normal people so resillient in One Piece? Perhaps it is because they are technically not "average" humans but a higher-order with much more endurance than the typical earthling.
Oda's explaination: That's just his style, take it as standard for his world.

And of course there's also this...
Fan: "How does Sanji not burn himself when he uses Diable Jambe?"
Oda: "It is because his heart burns brighter even brighter."

One Piece is far from finished and you can be that Oda plans to milk as much of that time out of it as he can. Yeah, he's a little abusive to his readers... but I suppose I can respect that.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 17:22   Link #402
Rainbowman

Here are two factors that I'd like to speculate:

1. Mr. 2 Bon Clay's fate- we saw that he had to stay behind and he was facing Magellan. The only chance we may have for Mr. 2 to survive is if Magellan's diarhea starts acting up again. < (wheezing laugh)

2. What awakened zoans are- my brother thinks they're descendants of previous zoan devil fruit users but I highly doubt that. I would think that they may be animals who have eaten zoan devil fruits of that same nature.

i.e.: Minotauros- a bull or cow who had the Ushi Ushi no mi model standard
Minozebra- a zebra who had the Uma Uma no mi model zebra
Minorhinoceros- a rhino who had the Sai Sai no mi (Sai japanese for rhino)
Minokoala- a koala who had the Kuma Kuma no mi model koala (koalas could be related to bears)
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 01:07   Link #403
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
What awakened zoans are- my brother thinks they're descendants of previous zoan devil fruit users but I highly doubt that. I would think that they may be animals who have eaten zoan devil fruits of that same nature.
I think awakened Zoan users are people who've learned to controll something equivalent to chopper's monster point transformation.

Quote:
I would think that they may be animals who have eaten zoan devil fruits of that same nature
Oda has already mentioned that an animal who eat zoan fruits of their own become perfect examples of their species. I don't think that awakened zoan's are this for that reason.
Old 2009-07-29, 08:59   Link #404
Lord Uiruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
And of course there's also this...
Fan: "How does Sanji not burn himself when he uses Diable Jambe?"
Oda: "It is because his heart burns brighter even brighter."

One Piece is far from finished and you can be that Oda plans to milk as much of that time out of it as he can. Yeah, he's a little abusive to his readers... but I suppose I can respect that.
Heh but stuff like that is what makes reading it worthwhile

And here's a speculation of my own... Sengoku was once an Admiral right? My idea is that he could have been known as Shirokamome, white seagull, and he had a snow logia. If not that, he has a Seagull Zoan. Okay fine, ignore the stupid nickname, but really i really want to believe the effing FLEET ADMIRAL has a Devilfruit.
Lord Uiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 11:13   Link #405
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

I don't know if it's been said already, but I have a feeling Dragon knows about the Poneglyphs and will probably have some involvement with them in his revolution plot.

Oh, and I hope somebody kills that smug Aokiji bastard, not to mention his comrade Akainu. Stupid Marines. ()
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 21:24   Link #406
Rainbowman

Here's another theory I have:

It is said that women who are loved by their natural beauty and gentle character with love as their weapon of choice are quite powerful to tame a wrath-filled person so that person would not think to harm them. Boa Hancock is the oddest example of such. She indeed has natural beauty but doesn't exactly have a gentle character. She tends to be cruel to innocent animals yet her tribe forgive her because of her natural beauty. Lastly she has the Mero Mero no Mi as a form of love power. I suspect that even though Boa Hancock has two of the three descriptions she would not be powerful enough to handle a wrath-filled person. I mean Boa Hancock may not stand a chance against this person if she is filled ego that comes with natural beauty. In other words natural beauty alone is not enough to make a difference in preventing a person of wrath from harming her.

Another theory I have:

Boa Hancock was a former slave and Donquixote Doflamingo runs the slave auctions. This makes me wonder if Hancock and Doflamingo would turn against each other if they knew each other's secret.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 00:58   Link #407
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

I came up with this theory: The Void Century

It is known in all kingdoms that there's no country without people, and no people without a leader for the country. Since hundreds of years, people were to choose someone among them that wise, honest; thinking of peoples' needs, helpful, reliable & known of his good deeds, to make a pact with him to give him loyalty as a ruler of the country. This is something known in history.

The point from what I'm saying is that that once flourishing country might be ruled by ROYAL FAMILY chosen by the people of that unknown country to rule it. this unknown country was under attack, so regardless of what happened to that country these family might be targeted by the enemy to wipe out their parentage, their blood, so some of them might survived and they kept their name & blood living from generation to generation, and to insure that their name will live for ever, they hid their name coz the enemy might be still looking for them, and this family might be native speakers of the prohibited language Poneglyph they kept in the dark not from society I mean they kept the family name secret, even the new generation might don't know about their history... FAMILY'S HISTORY.

On the other hand, another one of One Piece mysteries is "D" even Ex-Vice-Admiral Jaguar D. Saul didn't know what D means to him, it proofs that the D family are something..... Beyond mystery.

one more thing Clover-Hakase words still ringing in my mind:
"We won't know what the threat is until we clear this up, but the most essential thing that holds the key to everything, is the name of that once flourishing country"
Old 2009-08-03, 14:35   Link #408
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Since Luffy swore that he would defeat Kizaru, Kuma, and Sentyoumaru, and when Luffy vows something, it happens, I think he's going to fight and defeat Kizaru and Zoro is going to defeat Kuma (their history and facing one another in the past). I don't know about the fat kid, though.
Old 2009-08-03, 16:15   Link #409
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Since Luffy swore that he would defeat Kizaru, Kuma, and Sentyoumaru, and when Luffy vows something, it happens, I think he's going to fight and defeat Kizaru and Zoro is going to defeat Kuma (their history and facing one another in the past). I don't know about the fat kid, though.
I don't know about that one. Kizaru is too strong for Luffy right now, even if Luffy use Haki, its still not a guarantee win. Zoro fighting Kuma, who knows.

I'm predicting Mihawk and Shanks cross blades before this arc is over. If Shanks decides to go save Ace, this would be a good opportunity to kill Shanks character off (as much as I hate to say it), I can't see what possible role he can play in the story anymore.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 16:16   Link #410
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
I don't know about that one. Kizaru is too strong for Luffy right now, even if Luffy use Haki, its still not a guarantee win. Zoro fighting Kuma, who knows.
I don't think this would happen any time soon, but I think that ultimately it will. Just because of Luffy's vow and the Will of D and all that good stuff.
Old 2009-08-03, 16:20   Link #411
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
I don't think this would happen any time soon, but I think that ultimately it will. Just because of Luffy's vow and the Will of D and all that good stuff.
And what chapter was it that Luffy vowed to defeat Kizaru?
Old 2009-08-03, 16:31   Link #412
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
And what chapter was it that Luffy vowed to defeat Kizaru?
Hmm, my mistake, I guess it wasn't all of them, just Kuma in particular. For some reason, I have a memory that he said it about all three of them after he was warped by Kuma, but I just went back and checked, and it was just Kuma.... maybe in the anime, it was all three, I don't remember.
Old 2009-08-03, 16:39   Link #413
PulSE

okay you guys listen to this,

ive just done watching the anime and reading the capters so far and ive been streaming on the onepiece wickipedia i there read this

"Recently, Robin tried to ask Silvers Rayleigh about the significance of The Will Of D at the same time as mentioning the Void Century. While he did not reply on what the D stood for, Silvers stated that they (The Jolly Roger Pirates) discovered the details on the Void Century, but when he offers to tell her, she turns down his information. Robin agrees to discover the truth herself. "

so i though

What if

He did answer both, That the poneglyphs are the key to the will of D and that is what Revolutionary Dragon know (Luffys father) and that is why he is doing what he does and then you can think on more to it.
PulSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 07:07   Link #414
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

That's possible. For the Revolutionary Dragon to know the true history, which is why he is rebelling against the World Government. But being as though we don't know why specifically, or even gotten any clues, anything could be possible as to why Dragon is rebelling against the World Government. I think I remembering someone believe it may have something to do with Luffy's mom
Old 2009-08-04, 09:00   Link #415
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I predict that Joz will have a diamond DF
Old 2009-08-04, 14:46   Link #416
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by PulSE View Post
What if

He did answer both, That the poneglyphs are the key to the will of D and that is what Revolutionary Dragon know (Luffys father) and that is why he is doing what he does and then you can think on more to it.
I agree that it's a possibility, and I actually posted a similar theory earlier. I also think that Dragon's seemingly intellectual nature lends more to this theory (which is funny cuz his son and dad are complete morons, lol).

Anybody think the Will of the D has something to do with the name of the ancient kingdom that was destroyed by the precursor to the current WG?
Old 2009-08-07, 13:35   Link #417
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

I think that if the Straw Hat crew came across a Devil Fruit sometime in the future and a non-fruit using member ate it, it could open up story possibilities, although it might also be redundant/stifling, such as by limiting the available swimmers in the crew.
Old 2009-08-15, 09:29   Link #418
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
I agree that it's a possibility, and I actually posted a similar theory earlier. I also think that Dragon's seemingly intellectual nature lends more to this theory (which is funny cuz his son and dad are complete morons, lol).
Yeah I know right, lol.
Or Garp could been on of those type who think its better to integrate and assimilate rather than cause more bloodshed. But who knows, we haven't seen Garp condemn or speak ill about Dragon's or his actions like he does Luffy and Ace.

Quote:
Anybody think the Will of the D has something to do with the name of the ancient kingdom that was destroyed by the precursor to the current WG?
Possibly, if so, I'm wondering what was the exact purpose in lying about becoming Creators n etc.

Quote:
I think that if the Straw Hat crew came across a Devil Fruit sometime in the future and a non-fruit using member ate it, it could open up story possibilities, although it might also be redundant/stifling, such as by limiting the available swimmers in the crew.
I don't care if any of the strawhats get devil fruits.
I think it would actually be cool, I just don't want Zoro to get one.

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2009-08-15 at 17:42.
Old 2009-08-15, 09:55   Link #419
ordinarystory

Quote:
I think that the letter 'D' represents the people of the kingdom which is destroyed by the World Government.
ordinarystory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 14:32   Link #420
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Yeah I know right, lol.
Or Garp could been on of those type who think its better to integrate and assimilate rather than cause more bloodshed. But who knows, we have seen Garp condemn or speak ill about Dragon's or his actions like he does Luffy and Ace.
Well, I like that Garp is a pretty chill type dude. He doesn't seem to bother about much of anything; surely where Luffy gets it. As far as smarts go, well..... o.o;

Quote:
Possibly, if so, I'm wondering what was the exact purpose in lying about becoming Creators n etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordinarystory View Post
I think that the letter 'D' represents the people of the kingdom which is destroyed by the World Government.
Yeah, I think these both might have to do with it. @ ordinarystory: My thoughts exactly. I don't know if there was any significance of Sengoku's reaction when he found out Ace was a D., but that might have something more to do with it even.

Quote:
I don't care if any of the strawhats get devil fruits.
I think it would actually be cool, I just don't want Zoro to get one.
Yeah, I agree, Zoro needs to stay gangster without the fruit. But I think it would be sweet if Usopp found and ate the Mouse Mouse fruit so he could run and hide better XDDD