AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-01-23, 04:36   Link #2181
haegar
mangaviking

pleasantly surprised we didn't switch scenes to Ichigo. Very nice fight. Kubo doin this kenpachi stuff nicely. I happy.
Old 2013-01-23, 04:37   Link #2182
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The sword through his throat was "killing intent". The stronger opponent (Unohana) is so overwhelming that the weaker opponent (Zaraki) imagines his death. It feels so real, that when he realizes he's still alive, it becomes jarring and he wonders what just happened.

Yes, Zaraki, as he is right now, is weak. I'd actually say he's been getting weaker since he lost to Ichigo way back in the SS arc.

And the group who does these speed translations is awful. The blacks make the pages nearly unreadable and the dialogue is poor. Definitely rereading this later today when a better version is out.
Old 2013-01-23, 05:26   Link #2183
Eragon
Still Alive

Kenpachi, for the first time looked like a highschool punk going up against a mafia leader

Unohana looked way too beautiful this chapter More serene and deadly. Kubo or the translaters(which is more probable) need to improve there grammar, though.
Old 2013-01-23, 06:49   Link #2184
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
I am hoping cross stars lovers between Unohana and Kenpachi.
Old 2013-01-23, 09:54   Link #2185
TCman

I guess Unohana's letter to Isane is her will/testament. I suppose that's a pretty clear death flag for Unohana, right?

Spoiler for what the outcome would be between the death match between Unohana and Zaraki:
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 10:06   Link #2186
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Next week: Flashback time?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 10:13   Link #2187
askara

thats pretty much death flag but will Kubo kill her tho? i mean in this arc byakuya goes like this

Foreshadow->Death flag -> death blow ->death blow again->another death blow-> death->no really he is dead-> look his dead dead-> Look he really is completely super dead dead dead-> actually he is ok ->used phoenix down and made it to the church for full heal.

so is death flag still valid at this point?
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 10:49   Link #2188
james0246

What a beautifully drawn chapter. Great poses, wonderful shadowing, and some good choreography. Good job Kubo.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 10:58   Link #2189
Eragon
Still Alive

^ I agree. It's one of the better drawn chapters.
Old 2013-01-23, 12:28   Link #2190
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
When Kenpachi was cornered wasn't his sword away from him in the ground? How'd he get it back?
Old 2013-01-23, 12:43   Link #2191
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The sword through his throat was "killing intent". The stronger opponent (Unohana) is so overwhelming that the weaker opponent (Zaraki) imagines his death. It feels so real, that when he realizes he's still alive, it becomes jarring and he wonders what just happened.

Yes, Zaraki, as he is right now, is weak. I'd actually say he's been getting weaker since he lost to Ichigo way back in the SS arc.

And the group who does these speed translations is awful. The blacks make the pages nearly unreadable and the dialogue is poor. Definitely rereading this later today when a better version is out.
No that wasn't killing intent at all. That really happened. The blood that splatters is over Unohana's face after Kenpachi regains consciousness is still there from when she stabbed him. Her final statement kind of confirms it.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 13:17   Link #2192
itachi-san314

yea it seemed to me like unohana actually killed him and he came back to life. that explains her sarcastic 'you lost consciousness' line. also, it's heavily eluded to that he's immortal in this chapter so it makes sense to kill him in the reveal chapter to prove the point. plus, like Calca says, the blood spatter stays on her cheek. my guess is that unohana will kill zaraki several times during this fight since it will make him stronger when he comes back to life

this chapter was awesome. it really makes me want to see it animated
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 13:43   Link #2193
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

So...Kenpachi is a Saiyan? :3
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 14:02   Link #2194
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
So...Kenpachi is a Saiyan? :3
That seems fair considering Ichigo is a mix of Shinigami, human, Hollow, Fullbring and Quincy.
Old 2013-01-23, 15:34   Link #2195
sayde

Hmm...so to what extent is Zaraki "immortal"? Will he come back if you slice his head off or destroy his body? Or does he have Aizen/Alucard levels of "immortality" where he could keep coming back no matter what kind of damage he sustains? Because recovering fatal stab wounds is one thing. But to recover from the aforementioned types of injuries seems like something much more incredible (and unbelievable without any sort of explanation).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 16:39   Link #2196
Lendial

Retsu is a master healer maybe she gave him some sort of near godlike ability to recover from near fatal wounds.
Old 2013-01-23, 20:04   Link #2197
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

As long as Kenpachi doesn't sing ever again I am okay with a new powerup. Maybe he could learn bankai like all Captains. Still killing one of their strongest Shinigami just for this seems too exaggerated.
Old 2013-01-24, 03:36   Link #2198
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

If Kenpachi is immortal would that instantly make him the strongest fighter of the series? Even more than Ichigo.
Old 2013-01-24, 06:14   Link #2199
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
If Kenpachi is immortal would that instantly make him the strongest fighter of the series? Even more than Ichigo.
No, immortality doesn't mean strength. They can still be incapacitated or restrained. Look at Aizen.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 06:49   Link #2200
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
No, immortality doesn't mean strength. They can still be incapacitated or restrained. Look at Aizen.
Aren't shinigami's immortal by definition? I may be mis-understanding but er..aren't they already dead? As in, aren't they souls that can use reiatsu?
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter