AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 25 [OVA] Rating
Perfect 10 8 23.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 32.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 23.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 11.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.94%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-04, 11:22   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Kill La Kill - Episode 25 [OVA] Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kill La Kill, Episode 25 [OVA] .

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-09-04, 12:10   Link #2
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I guess that preview that was uploaded several months ago was just one big troll.

As some predicted Rei is the one who shows up seeking revenge, and she's also developed a bit after being a character without much significance throughout most of the show. Eventually though Satsuki wins her over at the end and she becomes one of the good guys.

Also, I foresaw Honnouji Academy doubling as a giant robot as far back as episode 2.~

This episode was good for offering some complete closure to the show since the 24th episode didn't cover everything. I don't think a second season is necessary after this.~
Old 2014-09-04, 15:20   Link #3
ChampDream
Alive

that was nice as a closure to the series and we know now why Satsuki had short hair at the end.
Old 2014-09-04, 15:26   Link #4
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

really after there is an episode 25? This I gotta see after the "Super Shadow" ending.

Though the hyped died a bit for me when they really didn't announce anything if 25th was true or not. They shouldn't troll fans.
Old 2014-09-04, 15:52   Link #5
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's more of a troll in the sense that it led people to believe it would be a beach episode when absolutely nothing of that sort happened in the actual episode.
Old 2014-09-04, 21:26   Link #6
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
really after there is an episode 25? This I gotta see after the "Super Shadow" ending.

Though the hyped died a bit for me when they really didn't announce anything if 25th was true or not. They shouldn't troll fans.
Yes, let's have TRIGGER respond to every rumor that comes up in regards to their upcoming productions. That doesn't set a bad precedent or anything...
Old 2014-09-04, 22:08   Link #7
Tales
Don't lose you WAY

That was some intense graduation!

Without the OVA the whole KLK cast would of lose their way!
Old 2014-09-05, 00:10   Link #8
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

Who needs some rabble forum hype to enjoy just a good old fashioned fun sort of epilogue OVA anyway? If anything it makes it more enjoyable with it not having any particular sort of expectations to fill and to just be a last treat for fans that supported the show.
Old 2014-09-05, 04:58   Link #9
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Godbye Kill La Kill, it was fun while it lasted.
Old 2014-09-05, 16:18   Link #10
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post
Who needs some rabble forum hype to enjoy just a good old fashioned fun sort of epilogue OVA anyway? If anything it makes it more enjoyable with it not having any particular sort of expectations to fill and to just be a last treat for fans that supported the show.
I actually almost forgot about it by the time I saw it. All I knew was that it'd come out September; I didn't remember that it was this early in the month.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2014-09-05, 18:23   Link #11
Wandering Soul

An amazing conclusion to an amazing show. It was a fun ride but it's time to say goodby Kill la Kill.
Old 2014-09-05, 22:27   Link #12
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

That was an amazing OVA end to Kill la Kill. I'm happy that they technically left it open to a second season--because someone's red hair color came back somewhere down the line...

I love this series and all stuff Trigger. I can't wait for more Trigger releases. This is my favorite new studio ever.

And lol I just realized that they were trolling about the beach episode. That was fantastic. I love all things Trigger.
Old 2014-09-06, 12:01   Link #13
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

That was beautiful.

Some other anime would give a comedy or a beach episode as an extra episode, but no Kill la Kill. No, Kill la Kill gave us a conclusion, a goodbye, a final thank you to all of the fans who supported Trigger and made this a reality. It is time to let go of the past and move forward toward the future. It has been hard, and there were times we thought we couldn't do it, that we wanted to give up, but we pushed forward and reach the haven beyond. But it isn't the end - only the mark of a new beginning. We are moving on to the many great waiting for us after our long winded journey, for Trigger, for the anime industry, and for Satsuki and Ryuuko. They finally won their hard-earned future.

Fuck, I got sappy. Guess it just goes to show what impact this anime has on me.
Old 2014-09-06, 12:48   Link #14
Mamuru

That was a nice conclusion to the series.

I feel relieved to know that Senketsu is still within Ryuuko's heart. The way he helped her with her fight was amazing, and the final move was the best of its kind in the whole show.

Kill la Kill was a great show with good characters and amazing action. Thank you Trigger.
Old 2014-09-07, 02:16   Link #15
Calca
Expressionless

Great ending. I was kind of amused about how all the weapons used was pretty much supposed to be for the final battle which now makes me wish they were used earlier.
Old 2014-09-07, 09:22   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

After all this time, speculations that the school could turn into a giant mech turned out to be true. Somehow they managed to make this episode even more epic than the actual finale. Those giants scissors, holy shit. I would have liked a slice-of-life epilogue more, but this is more than fine too.

I liked that they addressed Satsuki and the Four Kings' wrongdoings. They can of swept that under the rug in the series. And lol at Nonon calling her clone's voice annoying. She knows how everybody feels like when she talks now
Old 2014-09-08, 02:22   Link #17
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And lol at Nonon calling her clone's voice annoying. She knows how everybody feels like when she talks now
That was my favorite part as well actually. That reminds me of a scene from Railgun S.
Old 2014-09-08, 22:57   Link #18
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ah... a good conclusion
Mako's enlightenment has reached new level now

seeing Honnouji Academy sank slowly on the sea is clearly the perfect farewell

Thanks Kill la Kill.. it's been a fun ride
Old 2014-09-09, 00:58   Link #19
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

A great send off, but it's a sad feeling knowing that there will probably never be a sequel.
Old 2014-09-10, 12:44   Link #20
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
A great send off, but it's a sad feeling knowing that there will probably never be a sequel.
Well even with the knowledge that a sequel wouldn't be possible. Trigger has shown to be both creative and resourceful with their first project so I have faith we'll be seeing even more good works down the road.

Tags
trigger