AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-01-22, 16:21   Link #1
marvelB

What is the One Piece? [manga discussion]

So apparently, there's already a thread about this subject, but it's slightly outdated and I thought I'd make a fresh one instead (however, if any mods wish to combine the threads regardless, feel free to do so).

Anyway, the One Piece. The treasure this epic tale is named after. What is it exactly? Perhaps it's materialistic wealth like gold and jewelry? Or perhaps it's something of a more sinister nature, like a weapon? Or maybe some symbolic message of love and friendship? There are many possibilities.....

Personally, while I'm still not entirely sure what the OP will be, I've sorta had this theory for a long time now that it will be something that pertains to the "Will of D". In fact, Whitebeard's dying speech at Marineford lends further credence to my theory of the treasure being connected to the "D" bloodline. Needless to say, I'm also certain that the "lost history" will be strongly connected to the OP, as well as the ancient moon civilization from Eneru's ministory. I know one of the most popular theories around is that OP is the Rio Poneglyph, but I personally believe that the glyph will be more of a hint (perhaps even the final one) towards finding OP, rather than being the treasure itself.

BTW, speaking of Whitebeard's speech, I think we can be sure that the OP is an "object" of some kind. I mean, Newgate pretty much hinted that a world war would even be fought over it, so it would be pretty silly at this point to assume that it will merely be a sappy message about the values of friendship (I actually don't doubt that the OP will contain a symbolic message of some sort, but I still see it as something that will be of great materialistic worth, as well). I also have my doubts about the weapon theory, since I doubt that Roger's legacy would be something that would outright destroy the planet (at least if the eventual war doesn't do that already).....

So, what are your theories about the One Piece? Post your thoughts!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 19:49   Link #2
Rainbowman

I have a theory that One Piece is a collection of treasures used to create a giant treasure in the shape of a globe. Some treasures would be magical so they would have the 12 elements we have to work with.

Basic elements: Water, Earth, Fire, Wind
Evolved elements: Plants, Metal, Lightning, Ice
Quantum elements: Time, Space, Light, Dark

As for symbolism, One Piece will have many colors like a rainbow symbolizing unity.*

*NOTE: This symbol does not revolve around Okamas and Lesbians alone. This kind of unity involves race, species, culture, environment, religon, not to mention politics.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 20:23   Link #3
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I dunno, because of how they portrayed "treasure" through-out the series, I kinda figure it's something that Gol D. Roger holds dear to him.

I'm kinda thinking it's a Poneglyph or something along those lines detailing Roger's adventures through the Grand Line with his crew, what he knows of Will of D., basically any memories he would share with his crew. This also would be accompanied by all the treasure he's gathered up.

Dunno, that's just my personal opinion~
Old 2011-01-22, 22:21   Link #4
james0246

I find myself not really caring. Either it is something physical, and we will all be disappointed for a variety of reasons if it is not the physical item we want it to be (a God DF; Roger's mustache comb; the greatest turkey club ever; etc), or it will be something intangible ("the stuff that dreams are made of.") and we will all be a little upset that Oda choose such an obvious answer (if it's friendship, I expect there will be a massive, if momentary, backlash). Whatever the case I find myself mostly uncaring considering that the answer is leagues away...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 00:22   Link #5
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I s'pose it's not so much about the goal, but rather the journey eh?

I agree with the theory that One Piece isn't a material object, no exact guess about what it could be though.
Old 2011-01-25, 14:42   Link #6
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I think One Piece is just at the very last island we see the signatures of all the people in Roger's crew. To him his greatest treasure were his crewmates.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 15:09   Link #7
marvelB

^Again, that sort of sentimental "treasure" wouldn't make much sense when you put Whitebeard's dying speech into consideration. He said that the One Piece would be something that would shock the world to its core. I mean, can you imagine thousands of pirates killing each other over Roger's long-lost pile of cheap friendship bracelets or whatever?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 15:34   Link #8
james0246

^Such a treasure would be pretty "shocking" though, wouldn't it? .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 16:21   Link #9
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan

A one-piece swimsuit that allows fruit users to swim. The person possessing it will rule the world if he has a powerful ability and the seas are not an obstacle.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 19:42   Link #10
jordantan899

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post

A one-piece swimsuit that allows fruit users to swim. The person possessing it will rule the world if he has a powerful ability and the seas are not an obstacle.
you got me on this one..haha..

I seriously think that I'd be a treasure that can reveal the truth about how the World Government was formed or something and how to destroy it's saga.

Remember, the reason why some of the most notable pirates in OP became pirates is tobe FREE. World Government hinders that, so I think One Piece is something that can help people discover the truth about WG and how it was formed and to let the entire world know how those scumbags came about ruling the world.

just an opinion

Last edited by jordantan899; 2011-01-25 at 19:47. Reason: short
jordantan899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 09:38   Link #11
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
It's probably:

- Roger D Gol's energy drink. One sip and your Haki will be 10000x unstoppable. If you have no Haki then it will give you Haki. Result is permanent.

- Straw Hat.

- A golden coin not found anywhere in the world and sells for 1 trillion beli.

- A blank piece of paper where you can write a name and the person will die.

- A pet that's super powerful inside a ball.

- 1 Piece of pizza.
Old 2011-01-28, 00:46   Link #12
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Maybe

- The must powerful Devil Fruit
Or
- Money
Old 2011-01-29, 23:32   Link #13
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I'm guessing the One Piece is the truth about the Void Century, probably the combined knowledge written on the Poneglyphs. Whitebeard mentioned that a world-engulfing war would break out once the One Piece was discovered, and the Void Century would make sense as the cause for something like that. And we know the Roger Pirates had translated the poneglyphs, so bringing it all together into one piece would make sense...
Old 2011-02-03, 23:58   Link #14
longnose-kun

What if the lost civilization of the Void Century is located underneath Raftel. All their technologies and riches would be yours to take (riches is the treasure left by Roger). And Many other things there. But I feel that survivors of the Void Century will still be there and alive. Not decedents, but the actual people, if they even were people.
longnose-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 19:57   Link #15
yakumo-chan

i think its the straw hat ^_^
Old 2011-02-10, 03:34   Link #16
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post

lol Gold Roger is Kinky

but seriously im not gonna be surprise if this so called One Piece is just a piece of plate with etched words in it that says "Congrats! your search for this item is just a One Piece of all the adventures you acquired on this journey"
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 08:45   Link #17
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I'm guessing the One Piece is the truth about the Void Century, probably the combined knowledge written on the Poneglyphs. Whitebeard mentioned that a world-engulfing war would break out once the One Piece was discovered, and the Void Century would make sense as the cause for something like that. And we know the Roger Pirates had translated the poneglyphs, so bringing it all together into one piece would make sense...
i tend to agree with this one. i'm guessing it's something that the government doesn't want the people to find out. the one piece made gol d. roger the most hunted and the most powerful man in the world. i doubt it's something tangible. i think it's knowledge or the truth that robin talked about. knowledge is power, after all.

although i can't help but agree with this one too...
Quote:
lol
Old 2011-02-19, 17:46   Link #18
Ermes Marana

It's a mirror.

When you find it, you see yourself and say "I was one piece all along!" and leave it there.

But if you had bothered to take the mirror with you, you would have noticed that once it leaves the cave it reflects the world as it was in the Void Century. Thus by traveling to various locations and viewing their past in the mirror you could have learned all the secrets of the world.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 20:48   Link #19
Sephrim1
Sephrim1

The One Piece is the treasure the Pirate King Roger left behind. He said he's collected all the treasures in the world and told everyone right before he was executed, One Piece was located in the Grand Line. Of course making it into the Grand Line was hard enough, then you had to survive against the baddest pirates in the world and fight to make it to the New World. Yeah that's why I love One Piece.
Old 2011-02-20, 22:24   Link #20
yakumo-chan

I have a feeling that revealing one piece will be lame ^_^