AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 13.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 6.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.81%
1 out of 10 : Painful 196 50.78%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-09, 12:20   Link #161
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrnea View Post
The way I see it, we're still in the 'ok, what the hell is going on' stage of this effect.
It's pointless to judge the effect until it's finished up.
So, we'll see what people are saying about Endless Eight in a few more weeks, shall we?
According to the voting from the previous episode, and looks like this one, we're in the "FUCK YOU KADOKAWA/KYOANI!" stage.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:20   Link #162
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Incredible.

Almost 5 years I've been lurking around in this forum, and this is the first time I've been rapid-posting every minute about an Anime.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:21   Link #163
Peanutbutter

I think it's times like this that I'm starting to appreciate animes that go strictly accordingly to their source, without coming out with their own ideas to be "unconventional" and disrupting the viewing pleasure.

Or maybe it's because I've already seen the source (i.e. light novels) that I'm really feeling jaded. Maybe if I didn't read that (and put it into pdf and reread it again and again), I'll be more happy with what they are doing right now and praising Kyoani/Kadokawa to the sky.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:22   Link #164
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Incredible.

Almost 5 years I've been lurking around in this forum, and this is the first time I've been rapid-posting every minute about an Anime.
Same, waiting for the raw to get out so I can actually rate the episode.

Doesn't look too good unfortunately.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:23   Link #165
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
In order to make this work in the end,

Spoiler for E8 end:
In other words, the end must be so godly epic, that people would forgive them.

Or maybe in the end someone will overlay all the Endless Eight Episodes into one video, play it backwards and find out that the images will merge and form a secret episode that actually shows the solution to the endless cycle.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-07-09, 12:25   Link #166
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
Same, waiting for the raw to get out so I can actually rate the episode.

Doesn't look too good unfortunately.
Man yo, your join date is november 2008, I'm april 2004. I'm ancient by your standards! I've been here since the Gundam Seed days, and I've stayed as a lurking shadow....UNTIL NOW! UNTIL HARUHI FORCED ME TO RAGE!
Old 2009-07-09, 12:25   Link #167
Arrnea
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
According to the voting from the previous episode, and looks like this one, we're in the "FUCK YOU KADOKAWA/KYOANI!" stage.
Ah, but the "FUCK YOU KADOKAWA/KYOANI" response is a reaction to the 'ok, what the hell is going on' stage. So really, it's the same thing. Cursing the origin of the material (in this case KyoAni/Kadokawa, since we're talking about the anime, and not the light novels) is a common human reaction to the lack of understanding for what is intended here.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:28   Link #168
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Man yo, your join date is november 2008, I'm april 2004. I'm ancient by your standards! I've been here since the Gundam Seed days, and I've stayed as a lurking shadow....UNTIL NOW! UNTIL HARUHI FORCED ME TO RAGE!
E-peen size what?

Old 2009-07-09, 12:28   Link #169
LumpOfCole
I work with computers.

Send a message via AIM to LumpOfCole
The rage is because we do understand.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:28   Link #170
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrnea View Post
Ah, but the "FUCK YOU KADOKAWA/KYOANI" response is a reaction to the 'ok, what the hell is going on' stage. So really, it's the same thing. Cursing the origin of the material (in this case KyoAni/Kadokawa, since we're talking about the anime, and not the light novels) is a common human reaction to the lack of understanding for what is intended here.
Agreed, which is why I said earlier that this might all be a build up to Disappearance, and it is doing its job.

That is IF IT IS. If it is I can see how Season 2 would be an extreme emotional roller coaster of love and hate and end with love.

I'm raging because I can't help it. I can see that in the near future I'm going to have a tough time convincing my friends to give Haruhi 2 a try just like how I had trouble convincing people to watch past Asashina Mikuru episode 00 of season 1.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:29   Link #171
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fushichou7 View Post
Too optimistic. Too unrealistic.
Considering the current situation? Not unrealistic at all. I'm too optimistic, yes, but I don't have any expectations at all. I humbly take what gets thrown at me.

After all, I was once among the novel readers who would smirk at non-novel-based predictions and speculations while lurking though the interwebs, and I was humbled by this experiment. KyoAni/Kadokawa's telling us that Haruhi's the god here, and us fans, however knowledgeable and powerful we may become, will never be able to play on her field.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:30   Link #172
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I love how in only a couple seasons KyoAni can go from the "do no wrong" studio to being utterly hated.

And actually, I'm not even pissed at this point, as I've pretty much given up on the anime... all I really want is a new light novel, but chances are we won't be seeing that anytime soon either.

Yaaaay Kadokawa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
After all, I was once among the novel readers who would smirk at non-novel-based predictions and speculations while lurking though the interwebs, and I was humbled by this experiment. KyoAni/Kadokawa's telling us that Haruhi's the god here, and us fans, however knowledgeable and powerful we may become, will never be able to play on her field.
Jar of mayonnaise, like someone else here already said. Jar of mayonnaise.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:38   Link #173
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

Friends don't let friends watch Haruhi 2009.
Another 1 to what's become a travesty.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:38   Link #174
baltakatei

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
In other words, the end must be so godly epic, that people would forgive them.
When the crew was catching cicadas, I wanted some kind of godly ending to occur, like you were saying. So immediately, I imagined Nagato losing it: "aaaaaaaaaaaa!!" *view of treetops and hills with birds suddenly taking flight*

Haruhi: What was that? Did you hear someone scream?

Of course, that kind of epic event would be totally out of canon, but hey, KyoAni has made things so tense that any dramatic change to canon of any sort could easily reach epic status.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:48   Link #175
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Nope, I'm done here.

Not wasting my time with this shit.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:48   Link #176
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

At first I was upset with myself when I realized I'd forgotten to watch the stream of this episode. After finding out that the loop still hadn't ended, I felt better. Because I realized that I hadn't missed out on anything. And I wouldn't have missed out on anything if I'd missed last week's episode, either.

Somebody call me when they start Disappearance (or maybe Sighs' best scene, if it looks like they won't get to the former). I won't be watching any Haruhi until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I love how in only a couple seasons KyoAni can go from the "do no wrong" studio to being utterly hated.

And actually, I'm not even pissed at this point, as I've pretty much given up on the anime... all I really want is a new light novel, but chances are we won't be seeing that anytime soon either.

Yaaaay Kadokawa.
Yep, the novels are the way to go. Maybe if more people had joined me on Tanabata in wishing for Volume 10 to come out instead of wasting their wishes we'd have had an announcement by now.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:51   Link #177
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Until the DVD sales results are out, I'm quite certain this will not be selling well or anywhere as good as the 1st season.
Well, the other thing we don't know is how the episode will be sold. For example, what if they sold all x Endless Eight episodes in a single set for the price you would normally pay for 2 episodes, in which case you could see all the middle loops almost like bonus features? Or what if they sell the discs at the price for one episode even if it contains two-episodes worth of content? I mean, sure, if they sell the episodes in the way they sell other episodes, then I agree that the sales will probably suffer. That being said, there are probably ways they could do it that wouldn't seen very offensive to purchasers. We'll see what they do.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:57   Link #178
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Yep, the novels are the way to go. Maybe if more people had joined me on Tanabata in wishing for Volume 10 to come out instead of wasting their wishes we'd have had an announcement by now.
But that would mean that Novel 10 would come out in 16 years at the earliest šAš
Old 2009-07-09, 12:59   Link #179
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
But that would mean that Novel 10 would come out in 16 years at the earliest šAš
That would still be faster than waiting for it, if you catch my drift.
Old 2009-07-09, 13:01   Link #180
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Another big-fat 1 from me. Let's make this the episode with the most 1's in the history of AnimeSuki.

That is, until next week when they announce Endless Eight part 6. Then we make that the worst-rated episode.
Closed Thread