AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 65 49.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 10.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.76%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.53%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-13, 03:01   Link #61
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
That what I thought as well at first, however, with Kyousuke's explanations regarding Manami, I believe he was depressed especially because of that.
With the context given by Ion from the light novel, it makes this interpretation much easier to consider.
It's not specified what makes Kyousuke really depressed about, although the event in Ch. 2 (First part of this episode) definitely play a big part...

Quote:
However, yeah, he clearly doesn't like hanging out with other guys much. Perhaps it's due in part to his poor relationship with his father, whereas his mother is nicer to him? Hence he thinks "Other men don't make good friends, but girls and women do".
Although Kyousuke is the narrator, the story still revolved around Kirino, so, naturally, story would goes into Kirino's "circle" rather than Kyousuke's. Yes, Kyousuke do have other friends, doesn't mean Fushimi have to write those stories, though, since it's just too normal...(Well, until Volume 5 starts, that is...Kyousuke gets a whole new circle in that volume).

Quote:
Another well adapted episode, still very fast paced but it can't be helped. I really wish they would have made it into a 24 episode anime. Hopefully there will be at least 2 more volumes out before next fall season so that they can make season 2 without problems.
It'll probably be the end of Oreimo (the novel) anyway whenever they decided to do Season 2 (or not do one at all just to piss people off). Fushimi mention somewhere (I've no idea where, hence "somewhere") that Oreimo won't get pass either 9 or 10 volumes...

In another word, they can always pull a synchronized ending like Toradora!

EDIT: Side note...gotta love those 19 10/10 just b/c Kirino finally goes deredere...
Old 2010-12-13, 03:22   Link #62
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
EDIT: Side note...gotta love those 19 10/10 just b/c Kirino finally goes deredere...
It's not necessarily only because she went deredere, but rather because she finally showed some appreciation and gave a proper heart-felt apology. You can tell by her voice and her facial expressions that it was all her genuine honest feelings. It would have been a different story if Kirino didn't apologize or if she did it half-heartedly.

I was afraid that this show was going to end without Kirino properly solving this issue but I'm glad it was resolved.

This is actually pretty funny because all the complaints we've been hearing about Kirino have almost entirely been responded to.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2010-12-13 at 03:36.
Old 2010-12-13, 03:22   Link #63
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Somewhere in the middle of the episode, right around when Kyousuke entered the party I was wondering if the director kicked the writer in the ballsack and ordered him to redo the final half of the episode altogether.

Personally I think that somewhere along the line after treating Manami like crap in their house, Kirino realized how much of a jealous bitch she was, and after that also began to realize that all along the while Kyousuke's been taking bullets for her and tempting karma along the way yet she was mostly ungrateful. As I said before, she may be emotionally blunted, by she still possesses some degrees of human contrition, thankfulness and empathy. The fact that she managed to remember how good Saori and Kuroneko were to here at least shows she is able to think of others besides herself.

I actually think that the eroge as a gift for him fits perfectly with her character and her approach towards her brother. In the end she's still the anime/eroge fangasmic fangirl she has always been and Kyousuke has grown to accept and love (as a sister, get your mind out of the gutter ), and this is still one of the things that connects them. Heck if Kyousuke's been playing eroge now and not simply because she told him too, it would be sort of a perfect gift in that regard. Of course she did say to him that "take care of them as you would me" so... uh... yeah interpret that as you will.

The episode managed to give us the Dere that has been lacking (for the most part) in her Tsun, so as Triple R said her character has rounded out towards forming the full circle that would make her worthy of the Tsundere label. Manami really is a bro, and she reminds me of an old friend of mine, minus onii-chan anyway. We never really got together but we stayed very close friends. Manami would make a fine wife for Kyousuke IMHO.

And like Klash my only real complaint is the lack of a connection between Kirino in the first half and Kirino in the second, which makes it feel a bit like a 180 if she wasn't still being true to her usual self. On the other hand it manages to show that Kirino HAS changed a lot over the weeks he's been helping him and has fully acknowledged it, so while I think this may have been good as the series finale, it still sets up for a very good finish even if the middle of the series was so-so.
Old 2010-12-13, 03:23   Link #64
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Man, I Kuroneko was great this episode
I really wish she was able to show more of her manga. "Kunnnka kunnnka" xDD
Her nekomeido was very cute too, and the Nii-san...
Gawd, for a second I thought I somehow boarded the Kuroneko ship.

Kirino's honest side (read dere) was nice and good, but that was all and I didnt think much about it. Though the closure was nice, it wasn't enough to cover for her attitude toward Manami and the prank during the first half. Kyousuke crying was a bit of a surprise though. And raise your hand if you knew the present was an eroge. I mean, whatelseright?
Old 2010-12-13, 03:34   Link #65
HandofFate

Saori's presence made this episode really enjoyable. She does look rather sexy in that maid outfit and glasses...

From Ion's little snippet of the connection between part 1 and 2, it shows another reason why I really like Saori's character. She provides a good role model and guardian for the two girls on the female side along with Kyosuke.

Kyosuke and Saori as Dad and Mom, and Kuroneko and Kirino as the kids would make a nice spinoff series...

Funny that Kyosuke has a glasses fetish. and Manami scenes are always welcomed. I was really annoyed at how mean Kirino was being to her.

I liked Kuroneko's Ni-san lines.

Also the receptionist left an impression on him how she kept peeking her head to look at Kyosuke, then suddenly hide away behind the corner.
Old 2010-12-13, 03:36   Link #66
Bordix

for a second there I thought Kyousuke was gonna die from embarrassment. I mean, the poor guy was already in tears

Perfect episode. Kyousuke finally getting his long overdue gratitude after all the shit and abuse he has been through. I totally feel for him
Old 2010-12-13, 03:39   Link #67
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsypher View Post
Spoiler for Just a quick question about the novels:

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. I especially like how Manami's reaction to the trap was the complete opposite of what Kirino was going for.

The second half was also really good, too. Kyousuke really deserved that thanks and apology and I'm glad Kirino finally did it. I don't expect her to change much at all after that, but it was still nice.
Spoiler for reply and novel compare:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Man, I Kuroneko was great this episode
I really wish she was able to show more of her manga. "Kunnnka kunnnka" xDD
this is pretty random but since I just noticed it, the novel uses "kun kun kun" rather than "kunka kunka" for the sniffing onomatopoeia.

Last edited by larethian; 2010-12-13 at 03:50.
Old 2010-12-13, 03:42   Link #68
netvope
SOS-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
My interpretation of this was a fair bit different. I took Kyousuke being depressed recently as him being depressed about all of the things Kirino has done against him recently, not just this one incident of trying to badly embarrass him in front of his best friend (though that did put it over the top).

I also took Kirino's apology as a catch-all, for all the ways she's wronged him throughout this series.

Maybe I missed a key word or two here, and am misinterpreting it, but that is how I took Kyousuke's claim of depression, and Kirino's apology.
That makes sense, but if there were something special happened that triggered Kirino to make the apology, the episode would feel much smoother. Now it seems that she's doing it all of a sudden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
Btw how come Kyousuke doesn't know how to use computers that much, I mean, it seems that he didn't even knew about the internet in earlier episodes, what kind of life has he been living until now?. Even if he had old fashioned thoughts like his dad I don't think it would be a valid excuse, but well....
I see... Kyousuke probably didn't know that laptop's screens can be closed. He may even have never seen any laptops other than Kirino's. And every time he sees Kirino's laptop, the screen is open, so that is the only possible shape of laptop in his mind. This explains why he didn't close the laptop when Minami came in
Old 2010-12-13, 03:59   Link #69
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
That makes sense, but if there were something special happened that triggered Kirino to make the apology, the episode would feel much smoother. Now it seems that she's doing it all of a sudden.
see Klashikari's follow, and ion's post. how I'm reading it was (if I didn't miss out anything through skimping) he was reluctant to attend the celebration party for Kirino after what she did to him in chapter 2, and he took that prank rather badly (from his inner thoughts).
Old 2010-12-13, 04:03   Link #70
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

We all know that this episode is merely a lead up to Kirino's "final" request from Kyousuke
Old 2010-12-13, 04:56   Link #71
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
That and some (kind of minor but not really) changes in the anime due to time constraint (i.e. the reason why Kyousuke finally exploded at Kirino is totally different in the novel...).
Sorry but can you take some time to write what's it about? Thanks
Old 2010-12-13, 05:09   Link #72
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

OK. Fair warning. If you can't stomach a negative opinion on this episode, I suggest just skipping over my post, for all I feel right now is the molten lava of an erupting volcano spewing all over me.

So it seems I was wrong about Kirino... I thought I hated her, despised her beyond all reason up till now. I was very wrong. I was simply annoyed before, but this episode she broke into a whole new level of hatred. I didn't even know I was capable of hating a 2D character so much. Thanks AIC, thank you very much....

Her behavior was so disgusting this episode for most of it that I was left gritting my teeth through the whole way. I don't think I've ever watched an anime character as insufferable as her. The way she treated the sweet Manami this episode, was simply ridiculous. There is no reason to meet the childish whims of such an ungrateful person.

OK, now I know what people are going to say. The last half the episode we were shown here supposed "dere" side, and we got to see her apologize. Sorry, her actions were inexcusable. At this point, a simple apology is not enough to reconcile these sour feelings. Not only that, but this development came completely out of left field. Like I said in the previous episodes, for these sorts of developments, you need to build it up over TIME (Which they spent doing side stories instead!).

There was no build up to the apology, and we definitely did not get build up over Kyousuke's depression. Since when did Kirino feel bad for what she did to him? I thought it was pretty clear in the first half of the episode that her malice was in fact increasing towards Kyousuke for reasons unknown. Do they honestly expect me to believe that because Kirino starts blushing a little bit and gives half a bow, that I can take this seriously? Sincere apologies are the ones that you see people brood over, and really go out of the way to reconcile feelings. All I saw this episode was Kirino bash on Kyousuke all episode, more violently than ever, until she suddenly flipped a switch that made her seem calm and apologetic. Even for tsundere's the transition is done horribly.

As for Kyousuke? You sir are almost like the foolish traveler (Fruit's Basket reference!! rawr). Admirable, but sad in the end. I cannot accept that his only reason for doing all this, the entire time, was that he was simply her brother. I couldn't help but laugh manically when he gave that excuse.

The previous episodes I was half jokingly rating them 1/10's, but this episode actually deserves this rating for the rushed plot, terrible character transitioning, overall foul mood it put me into with Kirino's behavior, and general irrational characterization.

I think at this point I might actually rate this series better if they have Ayase nice boat the ending.
Old 2010-12-13, 05:23   Link #73
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
OK. Fair warning. If you can't stomach a negative opinion on this episode, I suggest just skipping over my post, for all I feel right now is the molten lava of an erupting volcano spewing all over me.

So it seems I was wrong about Kirino... I thought I hated her, despised her beyond all reason up till now. I was very wrong. I was simply annoyed before, but this episode she broke into a whole new level of hatred. I didn't even know I was capable of hating a 2D character so much. Thanks AIC, thank you very much....

Her behavior was so disgusting this episode for most of it that I was left gritting my teeth through the whole way. I don't think I've ever watched an anime character as insufferable as her. The way she treated the sweet Manami this episode, was simply ridiculous. There is no reason to meet the childish whims of such an ungrateful person.

OK, now I know what people are going to say. The last half the episode we were shown here supposed "dere" side, and we got to see her apologize. Sorry, her actions were inexcusable. At this point, a simple apology is not enough to reconcile these sour feelings. Not only that, but this development came completely out of left field. Like I said in the previous episodes, for these sorts of developments, you need to build it up over TIME (Which they spent doing side stories instead!).

There was no build up to the apology, and we definitely did not get build up over Kyousuke's depression. Since when did Kirino feel bad for what she did to him? I thought it was pretty clear in the first half of the episode that her malice was in fact increasing towards Kyousuke for reasons unknown. Do they honestly expect me to believe that because Kirino starts blushing a little bit and gives half a bow, that I can take this seriously? Sincere apologies are the ones that you see people brood over, and really go out of the way to reconcile feelings. All I saw this episode was Kirino bash on Kyousuke all episode, more violently than ever, until she suddenly flipped a switch that made her seem calm and apologetic. Even for tsundere's the transition is done horribly.

As for Kyousuke? You sir are almost like the foolish traveler (Fruit's Basket reference!! rawr). Admirable, but sad in the end. I cannot accept that his only reason for doing all this, the entire time, was that he was simply her brother. I couldn't help but laugh manically when he gave that excuse.

The previous episodes I was half jokingly rating them 1/10's, but this episode actually deserves this rating for the rushed plot, terrible character transitioning, overall foul mood it put me into with Kirino's behavior, and general irrational characterization.

I think at this point I might actually rate this series better if they have Ayase nice boat the ending.
Seriously, no disrespect but are you even paying attention? at all? Here, I'll lay it all out for you in simple bulletins, so please don't plug your ears and shut your eyes while going "lalalalalalala".
  • Kirino doesn't hate Kyousuke.
  • Kirino holds some resentment towards Kyousuke for ignoring her for several years.
  • Kirino is a BROCON
  • Kirino was a bitch towards Manami because she was obviously jealous
  • No, Kirino blushing towards Kyousuke did not come out of left field.
  • Kyousuke isn't completely sure why he does what he does for Kirino.
  • Kirino becomes easily agitated when another girl comes close to Kyousuke, reasons stated above. Just because you don't agree with the way she handles this emotion, doesn't change what it is.

Kuroneko is fully aware of Kirino's feelings for Kyousuke, it's why she does these things to agitate the situation. She gets off of annoying Kirino and vice versa.
Old 2010-12-13, 05:35   Link #74
netvope
SOS-Dan

now that we have got some Manami-Kirino conversations... if somebody could match them with some Ritsu-Azusa footages... could be super funny
Old 2010-12-13, 05:37   Link #75
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Kirino doesn't hate Kyousuke.
I reread my post twice. I never said she hated him. I said her malice was increasing which is defined as:

feeling a need to see others suffer

Which isn't necessarily related to hatred. It could be something as simple as jealously.

Quote:
Kirino holds some resentment towards Kyousuke for ignoring her for several years.
Why did he ignore her? There is no back story! There's no reason we are able to see why a nice guy like Kyousuke would do such a thing in the first place.

Quote:
Kirino is a BROCON
I don't see it this way. I see her as an attention freak, a drama queen. It's not that she's in love with her brother, but she becomes jealous whenever she see Kyosuuke spending time with others, particularly women.

Difference of interpretation.

Quote:
Kirino was a bitch towards Manami because she was obviously jealous
Read above.

Quote:
No, Kirino blushing towards Kyousuke did not come out of left field.
I stated the development, not her blushing came out of left field. Meaning, I saw no reason to believe in the sudden compassion she showed towards her brother.

Quote:
Kyousuke isn't completely sure why he does what he does for Kirino.
Precisely why I am frustrated. Irrational characterization.

Quote:
Kirino becomes easily agitated when another girl comes close to Kyousuke, reasons stated above. Just because you don't agree with the way she handles this emotion, doesn't change what it is.
If they go for the incest route, I'll believe you. But then I'd be disgusted with this anime for other reasons (And no not just because its incest). As said above, difference of interpretation. She's just an attention freak.
Old 2010-12-13, 05:37   Link #76
potchip

Meh. Having anticipated this episode for so long being my fav LN chapters...somewhat disappointed.

Didn't quite handle Kirino's final compliment on Manami's cooking well (it should be grudgingly, like how Kirino compliemented on Kuroneko's cos), and her attitude shift towards the end after the phone call was a bit of a mystery (phone call about the thank you party?)

As for the show itself, there were many opportunities to further develop the character and their relationships but were skipped. For some reason my mental image of Kuroneko's comic is of chibi type chara satire the situation of Kirino/Kyousuke/Manami. Not only did they gloss over Belgephor (with just one picture at the start, some kind of 'service' for LN readers?) part, the overall art style doesn't convey the humorous nature at all. In hindsight, the art style fits Kuroneko's taste but is not very effective in what it's supposed to achieve. Rushed episode.

Finally as for the ending, interestingly Kirino said "watashi da to omotte". LN readers need no more hints as to what next episode's ending will be.

As to the above posts...I've long resigned to the obvious denial that seeps through and now expect them with gleeful anticipation. More fuel for amusement browsing the forums.
Old 2010-12-13, 05:38   Link #77
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

note to self: when my last glimmer of hope (ESC button) doesn't work there's always the off switch on my monitor.
Old 2010-12-13, 05:41   Link #78
matrigs

Quote:
  • Kirino holds some resentment towards Kyousuke for ignoring her for several years.
listing this is a bit unfair as kyousuke could say the same about kirino with her avoiding him all the years for no particular reason.

i'm defending her harsh actions as a result of panic. suddenly after so many years of having everything under control she is in the situation where she might loose the thing she loves the most - her brother and she doesn't know how to react to this so she does what she does best - being a tsun. so i guess the amount of her being a b*tch is reflecting how afraid she is imho.
Old 2010-12-13, 05:42   Link #79
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
wouldn't matter, Kirino will still have them planted.
No, I think you're missing the point, I mean who would think to look in your own room to find your brother's porn. It's the ultimate hiding place.
Old 2010-12-13, 07:00   Link #80
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
No, I think you're missing the point, I mean who would think to look in your own room to find your brother's porn. It's the ultimate hiding place.
Except that in Kyousuke's case, he probably can't get in there because there's a lock on her door...

I've been skimming this part of the novels, and frankly, the anime has rushed a few too many things in this ep. Well, not that I mind that much - I'm looking forward to watching them all again with the character commentary ^^

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Closed Thread