Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-14, 02:48   Link #1121
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Off topic and a ref to a discussion a couple pages back, In New Waves chap 12 page 4, Shioon said he had a girlfriend..and A-Team did the trans and I can't find a diff trans to check out. I doubt he does have a gf(more like 99% positive), so can anyone confirm if the trans was really wrong?
Yes, Shioon said he had a girlfriend, but, is telling a lie.
Old 2011-06-14, 02:58   Link #1122
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
Yes, Shioon said he had a girlfriend, but, is telling a lie.
Yeah, t'was just his way of saying he's not interested without being rude, and could possibly get away since there's one, maybe two (now perhaps even three ) girls interested in him.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 06:45   Link #1123
Khalil

Do you mean the scene, where Shioon is with Gyoo-Bum and Jinie, in which he wants to return Sae-Hee's mobile? In that case, it's Jinie who uses the word girlfriend, and she then cuts Shioon off, when he's about to respond to that.
And in a later panel Gyoo-Bum asks, if he has a female friend - not girlfriend -, to which Shioon answers with yes.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 22:29   Link #1124
DarkLordOfkichiku

The coverpage sketch for chapter 34 is up at the artist's blog:

http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio/100130507928
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 13:45   Link #1125
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
The coverpage sketch for chapter 34 is up at the artist's blog:

http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio/100130507928
I wonder, if she is a martial art...
Old 2011-06-15, 15:19   Link #1126
Khalil

Quote:
I wonder, if she is a martial art...
Didn't she hook a kami-like weapon around Changho's neck? A GothLoli murim, why not?
Old 2011-06-15, 16:41   Link #1127
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

She most likely does martial arts. Only SaeHee and that driver dude so far don't do it, lol. And even he knew a little something
Old 2011-06-17, 00:31   Link #1128
DarkLordOfkichiku

Chapter's out!:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/viewer/11895
Old 2011-06-17, 04:27   Link #1129
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
Didn't she hook a kami-like weapon around Changho's neck? A GothLoli murim, why not?
Yes..,I wondered if she was a master..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Thanks, look like Shioon is another level compared to that stupid guy ...
Old 2011-06-17, 04:27   Link #1130
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-17, 04:28   Link #1131
Khalil

It's already been scanlated at the usual place.
Old 2011-06-17, 05:34   Link #1132
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Bleh, I knew I'd hate those two, especially the girl. She mocks him with "A fight is between two people of similar skill level."

Which means, of course, this is another pair that is way out of Shioon's league. The author really needs to tone down the enemies here and give us some bad guys who are a challenge for Shioon, but not so far above him he looks useless. It's either feast or famine, it seems-- the bad guys are way too strong or their really weak like Chang Ho. There's no happy medium.

I have a feeling Shioon's bodyguard will be coming to his rescue within the next chapter or two.
Old 2011-06-17, 05:44   Link #1133
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Bleh, I knew I'd hate those two, especially the girl. She mocks him with "A fight is between two people of similar skill level."

Which means, of course, this is another pair that is way out of Shioon's league. The author really needs to tone down the enemies here and give us some bad guys who are a challenge for Shioon, but not so far above him he looks useless. It's either feast or famine, it seems-- the bad guys are way too strong or their really weak like Chang Ho. There's no happy medium.
Like it or not, that is the kind of hype that S.U.C. has gotten.

For them to legitimately threaten sub-master level like Curly, and for Sera to legitimize them as a threat that endangers even the Sun-woo Clan/Murim, means that at the high-end, they are dangerous and powerful.

Chang-Ho and Hoodies are merely a representation of the danger that S.U.C. brings towards common society. ( Power without responsibility, rules, and a creed )

But the bosses, of course, are naturally expected to be powerful. They need to be at or close to Mamungi or Gyi-Byum's level to warrant the threat they are supposedly representing.

Aka a level Shioon never reached, even at the end of The Breaker.

I don't like the gap too much either, but honestly, as long as Shioon's gotten himself back a power that will stay, or at least, have not-so-restrictive problems, it's all downhill for him to properly gain some powerlevels. He has a whole cell-phone's memory card + a clan's to learn.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 06:29   Link #1134
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:

I have a feeling Shioon's bodyguard will be coming to his rescue within the next chapter or two.
Actually i'd be more surprised if they weren't. It's the usual shounen gig, introduce seemingly overwhelmingly powerful villains, hero goes into to training mode and then starts to fight group going from weakest to strongest. The reason the gap seems so shocking to us right now is because Shioon's been getting his ass kicked so much because of an unpassible overwhelming disadvantage. Now that disadvantage has gone or at least will be soon he will start powering up at the usual rate. e.g by the time this arc is done he would have least kicked the ass of one of the weaker commanders.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 06:50   Link #1135
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

So, did Shioon regain his power permanently or is it something temporary depending on the pill itself? I would hate it if it was the latter.
Old 2011-06-17, 06:56   Link #1136
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Agreed. Oh well.. At least Shioon's sorta used to fightning those who are way stronger than himself. I gues sit's time for SUC to experience "Masho Zombie Shioon"

Quote:
Either that... Or Ji-Gun and his group are going to enter the scene. Or maybe rather Hyuk So Chun, althorugh that seems a little bit unlikely, but Junho may already have contected him and thus...
Old 2011-06-17, 07:04   Link #1137
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
So, did Shioon regain his power permanently or is it something temporary depending on the pill itself? I would hate it if it was the latter.
Temporary..,this pill the doctor gave to' Shioon,is just for use his ki inside his body..
For to be able to use again his ki, Shioon need to fix the ki-center.
Old 2011-06-17, 07:17   Link #1138
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Temporary..,this pill the doctor gave to' Shioon,is just for use his ki inside his body..
For to be able to use again his ki, Shioon need to fix the ki-center.
I wonder how they're gonna do that since it's been said that it cannot be fixed. I can only hope that they find someone who can fix it up because I see I'm not the only one not liking the huge power gap between him and the other characters and how everyone is saying there's no good way to close it anymore.
Old 2011-06-17, 07:38   Link #1139
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
I wonder how they're gonna do that since it's been said that it cannot be fixed. I can only hope that they find someone who can fix it up because I see I'm not the only one not liking the huge power gap between him and the other characters and how everyone is saying there's no good way to close it anymore.
It's gonna end up fixed one way or another and the SUC scream fodder in the grand scheme of things even if they appear overpowered currently. The guys eventually going to complete Black Origin Threshold and the lack of a KI centre will probably be linked to it.

I think people are taking her character statement a little too seriously. I highly doubt the gap is as massive as she claims, he'll most likely end up on their level in the not too distant future. The mere fact there's fave of them means thir's plenty of fodder for him to defeat. Just because a villain who's shown nothing impressive says there's a large gap doesn't mean their is. At the very least he will be defeating the weaker commanders soon.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 07:58   Link #1140
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Surely, they will find a way for make Shioon use his ki again permanently,
Is not nice, that Shioon fight against people, superior to him, just because he can't use his ki,because for this, Shioon is beat mad, or saved by someone,
But, i think,because Shioon is fighting for a while in these conditions, against people much stronger than he,once Shioon. can reuse his ki, permanently, he will be much stronger as it was before ...

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves