AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-01, 15:10   Link #81
Blaat

And we're back to Dune The bad guys are the Bene Tleilax although luckily for Maya (and us) she isn't an Axlotl tank it also looks like the masked character is a ghola, I'm guessing like Duncan he'll eventually remember his 'memories'.
Old 2012-04-01, 23:05   Link #82
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Looks like it has water in it as well. Also can make rain (or water spray) for a brief time....otherwise you won't have a rainbow like that.
Yes, I noticed that too. The water it spouts out could be why the Ozma are called "sand whales".

I got a slight Gattaca vibe from the ruling class of clones called "Ideal Children" and the presumably oppressed Natura(probably short for Natural Born). Actually I could even see Jude Law playing Gido in a live action version.

I also think that Gido will start to remember some of Sam's brother's memories, and then maybe he will have to chose between the Theseus army and the crew of the Bardinos.

I guess somebody pointed out that Sam had some of the same design as young Daiba, and I can certainly see that too. Next episode could be interesting where Sam and Mimey go off to rescue Maya.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 13:31   Link #83
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

That was a nice battle. Nice to see a flashback of Dick. Wonder if the captain realizes if the enemy is Dick.
Old 2012-04-07, 14:43   Link #84
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 4.

Lol, Dick...

It's really hard to get behind the plot when we still don't fully understand the context. What is this Ozuma and why does everyone care so much about it? And unfortunately the plot is all this story has to offer since most of the characters are still as flat as pancakes. Sam is becoming a massive pain in the arse for me unfortunately. Gido and the captain are mildly interesting but that's about it. The way they fight though, you can totally tell they want to do each other.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 23:16   Link #85
Utsuro no Hako

Battle sequence = fantastic
Sam being an idiot, again = bad
Nobody realizing Char is a Dick = can you make it a bit more obvious, I think a couple dimwitted kindergartners haven't figured it out yet.

This really should've been a two hour movie.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 23:25   Link #86
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
So much Dick innuendo in the subtitle, which is especially accentuated when Dick is the only word in English. I'm too immature not to laugh at it, so I couldn't take the rest of the episode seriously.

=(. I'll have to rewatch it later, making sure to timeskip past the flashback.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 07:29   Link #87
ookamigirl

That Sam... when he sets his mind to do something, he never quits.
The hide & seek game was pretty interesting.
Guess saving Maya will take some more effort.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 08:29   Link #88
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The captain is mind-blowingly awesome and the battles are good, but I'm not feeling much tension here. It's just kind of... boring.
Old 2012-04-08, 23:07   Link #89
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmmm.

Everything seems interesting. The older characters are interesting and seem like they have an interesting story to tell.

But that is not the story being told. Instead we have a story were the audiance still has no idea what the trouble is or why people are after Ozuma? "It will save is" or is vital and "We" are running out of time. But why? I'm not even sure Sam has any clue why he is after Ozuma. Only that his brother was after it when he disappeared. Dick and the Captain seem to have at least a clue before Dick left. The Ideal Children seem to have a clue what it is....but not Sam, and because the audiance is seeing things via Sam...we have no clue.
Old 2012-04-09, 03:28   Link #90
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
well, atleast his name wasn't Dick Pound or Dick Grayson....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:57   Link #91
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Honestly this shows real problem is of course the sheer lack of episodes in which to tell the story and the fact that we all know it's going to be over in a couple of weeks hence there's not to much point getting that invested in the characters and plot at this juncture. Give Ozuma 26 episodes and you've probably got something gripping on your hands, but 6 episodes....it never really had a chance to be more than it is now which is a cross between a submarine flick, Dune and Gattaca that's all too short.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 11:40   Link #92
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it was suppose to be a movie originally.
Old 2012-04-09, 18:56   Link #93
kitten320

Why do I feel like Gido and Dick are the same person?
Old 2012-04-12, 21:11   Link #94
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Why do I feel like Gido and Dick are the same person?
Because the series implied that Gido got his mind implanted into Dick's body. It will be interesting to see how much of Dick remains and whether Gido has some of Dick's memories.

If Bainas finds out that Gido is in the body of her presumed-deceased lover, that will be very interesting as well as Sam finding out too since Dick was Sam's brother.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:19   Link #95
ookamigirl

Well... they sure had a pretty intense day.
The little oasis they found was really beautiful.
Sam really is a stubborn hot head... *sigh*
That Maya is way more trouble than she's worth.
At least she finally told them the truth about the whole thing.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 15:08   Link #96
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

If it turns out that the real Dick is actually dead for good and that's just his body being used, then that would be a good twist.

Overall this episode had me captured from start to finish (which is a first for this series) so it was pretty good. There were a couple of silly things though. Sam thinking he could infiltrate an enemy ship without even a weapon was just plain stupid but then he somehow managing to escape when a hundred guns are pointing at him. Then there was Gido and his need to spell out his evil plan like a cliché villain. And somehow he managed to survive that fall (well i can only assume he did). Then there was Maya's explanation which, although finally provided some much needed context, seemed to be full of holes. If these Ideal Children can genetically enhance themselves then why can't they simply make themselves better?

Last edited by Haak; 2012-04-14 at 16:39.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 16:19   Link #97
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man, why is there only 1 ep left. Like the reveal and then he's lost now. Hope the weapon works against the ozuma. Wonder what the military will do.
Old 2012-04-14, 16:37   Link #98
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
If it turns out that the real Dick is actually dead for good and that's just his body being used, then that would be a good twist.
That might be an unexpected twist but I wouldn't find it emotionally satisfying.

Then again I guess after only 6 episodes I am not really attached to any of the characters so when Dick comes back I am not sure if that will move me either.

Still this was an entertaining way to spend 6 episodes, not the greatest but still fun to watch.
Old 2012-04-14, 19:51   Link #99
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Oh man, why is there only 1 ep left. Like the reveal and then he's lost now. Hope the weapon works against the ozuma. Wonder what the military will do.
This is anime. You're not truly dead unless we see a dead body.
Old 2012-04-14, 19:54   Link #100
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
This is anime. You're not truly dead unless we see a dead body.
Even so, they can be resurrected. Deus ex machina~

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote