AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-12-05, 04:24   Link #21
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Don't really know, but my first anime that I watch (and love ughhhh) was SAILORMOON.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 16:25   Link #22
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

In 2002 (so grade 10?) a guy I knew at school introduced me to Rayearth. However, that aside, I saw almost no anime until 2005, when I entered university.

That's when I really got into anime: I initially joined a "geek" club with the intention of finding a D&D group. I ended up attending an anime screening they did featuring fansubbed episodes of Moon Phase, and it all snowballed from there. So five years, although it took me until around spring 2007 to really become familiar with the fansub scene. I'm still not completely sure how I picked up all the knowledge I needed. I think there's also lots of life left in the hobby for me, although these days I'm trying to find more time for my other hobbies as well.

Ironically, I never did find a D&D group, more due to schedule issues and lack of time than lack of other players.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 02:26   Link #23
Raiga
tl;dr

About 2 and a half years ago... summer before senior year in high school. Midway through that fall I started following two current shows, joined this forum next January, started buying stuff that September when I first had my own money to spend (i.e. what my parents gave me when I entered college XD).

Lots of long-time fans here it seems.
Old 2010-12-06, 02:51   Link #24
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I'd say I'm a casual viewer. I just watch what looks interesting to me just for the sake of being entertained.

I began watching anime frequently about 2 and a half years ago in May of 2008 after a friend of mine got me into Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. After that I came to appreciate it as much as all the American cartoons and animated films I watched in the past.

I have been going to an annual convention since I came to like it though. I also pick up some merch here and there but not a whole lot as I figure it's not worth spending money on something that's just gonna sit on a table or hang on your wall.
Old 2010-12-06, 03:02   Link #25
Aesthetic Shampoo

I always watched the crappy dubbed anime before school on Cheese TV and Toasted TV, but one day I saw some guy watching a Naruto AMV at school on Youtube! (I still remember - it was Naruto vs Sasuke). So when I home things got serious. I plowed through all 220+ episodes of Naruto (fillers was a word not in my vocabulary back then), plowed through the manga, then went on to Bleach and did the same. And then to One piece. And now, 5 years later....here I am with no life.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 11:58   Link #26
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Oooh... About.... 5 years ago?

Yeah, about five years ago sounds about right. That is when I actually, passionately pursued anime. Manga came at a later date.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 13:41   Link #27
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

My first experience with anime came when I was 4 years old, and I was growing up in a shitty, slummy, mafia-controlled town. There was this weird local station that had a bunch of stuff I didn't care about during the day, but then at night, instead of signing off, they started an anime block. All 60s and 70s stuff. It ran from 1 to 6 in the morning, and I would go to bed at 8 and wake up to sneak over to the TV and turn it on real quiet so I wouldn't wake up my older siblings--we all had to share a bed. They never once woke up, and I watched Mach Go Go Go! and Tetsuwan Atom, things like that.

It kinda always made sense to me to be into Anime because I was into video games, and in my childish mind, if I liked video games which mostly came from Japan, then I'd just like Japanese stuff in general.

So...18 years.
Old 2010-12-06, 15:01   Link #28
christinemarie
Crazy One

It's been twelve years, after a certain project that involves recording, that's the time I start recording anime songs of each anime I watched on T.V. on casette tapes (45/60/90/120) way back during the late 90's (Constantly playing those songs on my walkman back then.) Which improved into dubbing those animes, before even the MP3 players (not CD players) where introduced. Then Gendou anime music site started, it makes my anime song cravings a lot easier. I finally learned to love japanese seiyuu's anime songs compared to majority of lousy singers during that time after listening to lots of anime songs every day.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 07:51   Link #29
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
been watching anime ever since I was a kid.

Took it seriously when Haruhi and Konata came.
Old 2010-12-07, 09:08   Link #30
Rahan

If you don't count the old censored and poorly dubbed crap I watched as a kid, I have been watching for a little more than a decade.

I entered college in 99. Shortly after that, a newly-made friend introduced me to Escaflowne, Evangelion, Kenshin and Cowboy Bebop.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 09:27   Link #31
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
If you don't count the old censored and poorly dubbed crap I watched as a kid, I have been watching for a little more than a decade.

I entered college in 99. Shortly after that, a newly-made friend introduced me to Escaflowne, Evangelion, Kenshin and Cowboy Bebop.
Poorly dubbed like the Fist of the North Star's gagdub? =D
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 21:47   Link #32
UPR

back in my first yr a college so 4 yrs and a couple of months now jajaj one of my friends gave the first 70 episodes of bleach and from there it expanded to manga as well its definetly something i enjoy and will be doing for many yrs to come
Old 2012-07-04, 18:50   Link #33
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

about 3 years ago before that I only watched stuff that was on the television
Old 2012-07-04, 21:32   Link #34
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Approximately for more than 5 years now.

Had exposure to anime on TV, such as Robotech, Princess Sarah and DBZ years ago. But I started taking it up as a regular hobby during the time Higurashi no Naku Koro ni came - it's at that time that I helped a friend establish a small anime forum, and also the time that I found out about this site.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-07-05 at 00:26.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 04:38   Link #35
Domonkazu

I watched various anime back in early 90's like Macross, Shulato, Patlabor, gundam wing but the turning point was NGE.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 10:28   Link #36
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Somewhere around early 2000 with Boys Be, when digital distribution started taking off. Before that I watched anime via tv but the pickings were slim, so I was more a scanslation fanatic.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 10:55   Link #37
stormtrooper

About 6 years ago. I wasn't as interested with the anime on TV unlike before so I thought I'd give a shot at the latest anime back then. I never looked back.
stormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 13:03   Link #38
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

it's been 3 years for me, my first anime i saw was Naruto
Old 2012-07-05, 13:24   Link #39
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I don't take anime seriously so much as I do seriously enjoy it. And I'd say six years.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 14:09   Link #40
Otarusama
{ :

I remember watching Outlaw Star when I came home from school during my younger years (12 or 13 I believe) and loving it. I just didn't really make the connection back then that it was an anime and not just a normal american cartoon.

Wasn't until my sophomore year of high school that I watched through all of Azumanga Daioh and it was a downhill spiral into otakudom from there out.