AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 09:30   Link #421
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by natsu_san View Post
Spoiler for Web novel:
By 'web novel' I mean he wrote the story and uploaded it to his website, where it was free to view. It was an unpublished original story.

Yep, those are the (digital) translations of the light novels (they're "light" novels because they usually have illustrations and are aimed at a certain demographic), and they have been published unlike the web novel. The web novel was removed after the light novels began getting published.

As for fillers, there shouldn't be any, so don't worry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Spoiler for Fishing:
Spoilers
Spoiler for Fishing
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 09:41   Link #422
natsu_san

Quote:
Spoiler for Timeline Answer:
Thank you for the clarification. Indeed the side stories timeline is a bit confusing. In fact I began volume 3 and was asking "Who's Yui?" and found out I had to read another volume (or chapter, in this case)

Quote:
Spoiler for Fishing:
Although I understood that bit now, what's the difference between "Dual Wield" and "One of his techniques"? Is it that "Dual Wield" is an unique skill (due to Kirito's high reflexes ability being the fastes in SAO, in accord to which he got this ability he showed during the 74th floor boss match) and therefore cannot be traded? Or, more in general, what are the types of skills (if there are more than one)?

Quote:
The anime writers wanted to squeeze the whole story into one episode and left a bunch of stuff out. We should just assume they formed a party for the raid and Kirito disbanded it afterwards.
In fact it's the other way. In the anime it is shown that they form a party (although I don't understand which relationships category that falls into: Friends or Guild?) and they disband it while Kirito goes to the 2nd floor, but in the LN I don't recall ever reading that he disband that party. He only said his only friends were now Klein/Cline and Argo the Rat. Therefore Asuna's not his friend (neither on Anime anymore or LN), but only in the anime it is shown that Kirito's disband the party. Therefore the party would be something that doesn't require an invitation or something besides the 4 described relationships?
natsu_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 09:46   Link #423
natsu_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
By 'web novel' I mean he wrote the story and uploaded it to his website, where it was free to view. It was an unpublished original story.

Yep, those are the (digital) translations of the light novels (they're "light" novels because they usually have illustrations and are aimed at a certain demographic), and they have been published unlike the web novel. The web novel was removed after the light novels began getting published.
OK. So I'll keep reading the transcripted LN as I'm doing right now.

Quote:
As for fillers, there shouldn't be any, so don't worry about that.
I hope so

Quote:
Spoilers
Spoiler for Fishing
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
For the 4th time I say it again: my bad I read the lines "two-something" too fast and I though "two swords skill" instead of "two hand sword skill" . My mistake. Sorry about that .
Old 2012-09-08, 09:46   Link #424
Krono

Quote:
Spoiler for Thank you for the clarification:
Spoiler for Response:

Quote:
Spoiler for Web novel:
Spoiler for Response:
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 10:05   Link #425
natsu_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Spoiler for Response:
Spoiler for Answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Spoiler for Response:
Thank you for your explanation as well.

EDIT
Spoiler for Yet another question on Kirito:

Last edited by natsu_san; 2012-09-08 at 11:00.
Old 2012-09-08, 11:14   Link #426
Clarste
Human

Quote:
EDIT
Spoiler for Yet another question on Kirito:
Spoiler for Kirito's behavior in later LN:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 11:21   Link #427
Kamui04

Quote:
Spoiler for Kirito's dual wield and fishing:
I think you're confusing names. He erased/discarded "Two-handed Sword" skill, as in the Claymore or Zweihander class of swords, to put fishing skill.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 11:22   Link #428
natsu_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Spoiler for Kirito's behavior in later LN:
Spoiler for Still doubts:

Thanks.
Old 2012-09-08, 11:27   Link #429
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Spoiler for Still doubts:

Thanks.
Spoiler for Kirito's future LN stats:
Old 2012-09-08, 11:37   Link #430
natsu_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Spoiler for Kirito's future LN stats:
Thank you for your reply . Indeed I forgot Dual wield had already been erased since Kirito's passage to ALO. I wanted to give an example to clarify what it was meant by "stats" but I ended picking up the wrong one

Now everything seems to be clear to me. I'll have to find some time reading the remaining volumes (volumes 5,6,7,8,9,10, side stories, MEs) . That's a few white nights ahead for me
Old 2012-09-08, 11:43   Link #431
Kamui04

Quote:
In fact it's the other way. In the anime it is shown that they form a party (although I don't understand which relationships category that falls into: Friends or Guild?) and they disband it while Kirito goes to the 2nd floor, but in the LN I don't recall ever reading that he disband that party. He only said his only friends were now Klein/Cline and Argo the Rat. Therefore Asuna's not his friend (neither on Anime anymore or LN), but only in the anime it is shown that Kirito's disband the party. Therefore the party would be something that doesn't require an invitation or something besides the 4 described relationships?
From your questions I think you're not familiar with MMO's terms.

Party: A temporary team formed with random people or known people to go hunt monsters or complete quests. Usually you create it before the activity and disband it aftwards since it's temporary. The benefit of forming a party is that usually it adds a visible list with the members of the party and their HP to your "User Interface" so you can see them easily. And depending on the MMO only people in the same party can attack the same monsters, or cast healing spells to members of the same party. Also most of the time you get a private chat/messaging channel to talk with only your party (team members). Outside SAO, in many MMOs drops from killed monsters are pooled for the party, so party members can distribute them or choose who receives them.

Friends list in MMO: Just like in facebook or any instant messenger, you add someon as a friend and you'll see their online status in your friend list and can message them whenever you want, well most of the time (In SAO you can't message people in dungeons, hidden or death).

Guild: In layman's terms a union or club with a common goal or for socializing. In MMOs there are tools and menus to administer this stuff.

So each one is a different term or list. Sometimes you can have friends that are in the same guild. Or friends that are each in different guild. You can form parties (teams) with people you don't know and picked from the street or you can form parties with friends or guild members.

Last edited by Kamui04; 2012-09-08 at 11:57.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 11:46   Link #432
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Spoiler for response:
Spoiler for future LN stats:
Old 2012-09-08, 11:58   Link #433
natsu_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
From your questions I think you're not familiar with MMO's terms.

Party: A temporary team formed with random people or known people to go hunt monsters or complete quests. Usually you create it before the activity and disband it aftwards since it's temporary. The benefit of forming a party is that usually it adds a visible list with the members of the party and their HP to your "User Interface" so you can see them easily. And depending on the MMO only people in the same party can attack the same monsters, or cast healing spells to members of the same party. Also most of the time you get a private chat/messaging channel to talk with only your party (team members). Outside SAO, in many MMOs drops from killed monsters are pooled for the party, so party members can distribute them or choose who receives them.

Friends list in MMO: Just like in facebook or any instant messenger, you add someon as a friend and you'll see their online status in your friend list and can message them whenever you want, well most of the time (In SAO you can't message people in dungeons, hidden or death).

Guild: In layman's terms a union or club with a common goal or for socializing. In MMOs there are tools and menus to administer this stuff.
In fact I'm not familiar with MMO at all. Thank you for the explanation.
I find it a bit strange that creation and disband of the party wasn't in the LN. Maybe I didn't see it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't there. Anyway it doesn't matter
Old 2012-09-08, 20:34   Link #434
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
is it possible to have sex? (I think they hinted it in episode 10 when Asuna was naked in bed)
can they create a child? would it be a npc?
Old 2012-09-08, 21:20   Link #435
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
is it possible to have sex? (I think they hinted it in episode 10 when Asuna was naked in bed)
Spoiler for Answer based on Chapter 16 & 16.5 of Vol.1 Light Novels:

Quote:
can they create a child? would it be a npc?
Spoiler for Answer:

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 05:02   Link #436
Alucard24

I would like to ask a simple question : Why heathcliff won ? It seems even Kirito was surprised but strangely, he didn't investigate this....
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 05:07   Link #437
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
I would like to ask a simple question : Why heathcliff won ? It seems even Kirito was surprised but strangely, he didn't investigate this....
This will be revealed later in the story.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 05:12   Link #438
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler for Future Development in the LN:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 05:13   Link #439
natsu_san

Quote:
If you don't want to get spoilered don't read this !!!
Spoiler for You have been warned:

Anyway the anime cuts many interesting parts - mostly descriptive - therefore most of the thoughs aren't there. In the anime Kirito is just shocked, while in the LN there are more details on his thoughs.
Old 2012-09-09, 05:44   Link #440
chaos_alfa

Spoiler for Question About the End of the SAO Arc.:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a