AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-04, 14:38   Link #1341
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

How far would the theoretical Japanese line go?
Old 2013-01-04, 14:45   Link #1342
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
What, I didn't know you play WoT!? You should join us!!

But I imagine the Japanese line would go up to Tier X like every other line in the game.

You know the funniest thing in the game is that the French got an entire tech tree to work with... even if their faction got knocked out cold in 1940...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 15:16   Link #1343
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
For one of the medium lines, STB-1 will be the Tier X tank.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 15:16   Link #1344
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

all i know is their L/MT is weaker armor, more maneuverable, and smaller version of german mid.

their M/HT line is soviet HT tank but with crazier gun and weaker armor.

oh and Type 61 and STB-1 (Type 74 proto) for tier 9 and 10 which make it the most advance tank in WOT

overall they are small tank with big gun. probably like US turret TD

Last edited by RRW; 2013-01-04 at 15:28.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 15:52   Link #1345
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
x2 is the normal amount, x5 was due to Holiday special.
If you check Trigon's screenshot you'd notice that he has x3 daily bonus for today, while Europe only has the x2 bonus today.

I also believe US got the x5 daily bonus on the first week of the Holidays while Europe only had x3. What gives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
But I imagine the Japanese line would go up to Tier X like every other line in the game.

You know the funniest thing in the game is that the French got an entire tech tree to work with... even if their faction got knocked out cold in 1940...

- Tak
And their tree is more extensive than the British too although I'm guessing they'll add British SPGs and TDs later. Still it's a very noticeable gap in-between the first four French tiers (tanks based on Trench warfare philosophy) and every thing past tier IV (tanks based on mobility)
Old 2013-01-04, 16:24   Link #1346
willx
Nyaaan~~

Okay, finally getting a few decent games on the KT in (although so far 75% of the games I do well in I still lose though) but it'll be a while until I dig myself out of this awful win rate. So I shelled out the cash for a Vertical Stabilizer and it's made a huge difference! The math works out to be 1-2 seconds off each shot due to not needing to wait as long to aim, so I've significantly increased my DPM! I've also found wiggling my front like a maniac works surprisingly well.. Seems like everyone and their mother shoots the Germans in the lower glacias..

Old 2013-01-04, 16:55   Link #1347
LeoXiao
思想工作

IIRC the T10 Japanese heavy would be a 100t set of boxes with a 100mm gun and like fifty wheels. the Japanese only figured out how to build good tanks after the war was over. I think it probably had something to do with them finally getting the chance to have a look at how the Germans built their vehicles without hostile armies and navies blocking the path of communications.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 19:05   Link #1348
Awrya
U mad?

Just got my ELC AMX, entered a battle and surprisingly I was in the top tier.
Two kills and a couple of hits with the stock tank.
Spoiler for size:

What equipment should I get? Coated Optics, Rammer and Vent?
Old 2013-01-04, 19:23   Link #1349
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
What, I didn't know you play WoT!? You should join us!!

- Tak

I don't. I was just researching the Japanese tanks made during and before the war and found them lacking in many areas. Most designs are based at least somewhat on the Type 97.

And they have next to no heavy tanks. Though it did make me think how the multi-turreted tanks handle in the game, since the only heavy tanks for Japan listed is the Type 95 and the Type 100 O-I.
Old 2013-01-04, 19:37   Link #1350
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Just got my ELC AMX, entered a battle and surprisingly I was in the top tier.
Two kills and a couple of hits with the stock tank.
I see that and raise you this:

Spoiler for ELC AMX:
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 20:30   Link #1351
aly_angelflight

Spoiler:

Once again, my Medium I was the only one guarding the entire right flank. I ended up being the most effective tank overall in that battle.
aly_angelflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 20:51   Link #1352
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Finallllllly after days of grinding creds I managed to buy the Cromwell only to discover an hour later that tomorrow its getting discounted 50% for this resupply special event......

(╯ಠnಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 21:03   Link #1353
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

meanwhile on other news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Schwarzenegger takes his own personal tank out for a spin
Arnold Schwarzenegger owns his own tank. Because of course he would.
If any private citizen was going to possess their own tank, obviously it would be Arnold Schwarzenegger. But it’s not just for joy rides and smashing cars – though he did drive me around on it, and he did roll over and flatten an old clunker with it. It’s a tank that does have personal meaning to him, and he uses it for an altruistic purpose.
The tank in question in an M47 Patton. Produced between 1951 and 1953, the 50-ton behemoths are still in service across the globe 60 years later. And Schwarzenegger told me and an assembled group of around 15 journalists on Friday that this was “exactly the very tank that I drove in the Austrian Army when I was 18 years old.”
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...000359471.html

Old 2013-01-04, 21:36   Link #1354
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was going to say he is rather large for a tanker, but then I was thinking of Soviet tanks, not American tanks.
Old 2013-01-04, 22:26   Link #1355
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
And they have next to no heavy tanks. Though it did make me think how the multi-turreted tanks handle in the game, since the only heavy tanks for Japan listed is the Type 95 and the Type 100 O-I.
Multi-turret functionality was planned as an update for the game, though it still hasn't been implemented. Still, there are already multi-turret/weapon tanks in the game, like the M3 Lee and the T-28. They can just choose which turret to make operational and stick to it until they implement the feature.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 22:30   Link #1356
Sumeragi
Banned

I'll just say, be prepared to be surprised. If WG goes all out, we might be seeing THREE Japanese medium lines.
Old 2013-01-04, 22:42   Link #1357
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'll just say, be prepared to be surprised. If WG goes all out, we might be seeing THREE Japanese medium lines.
Sure if they have enough tank

Old 2013-01-04, 23:14   Link #1358
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm not kidding. Of course it's likely that there'll be only one line up to the Type 4 Chi-To (Tier 6), but that's where things might get very interesting.
Old 2013-01-04, 23:45   Link #1359
Marina2

Other than T-25, Is there other premium tank that people here want to recommend? I'm looking for more Tier 1-5 premium tank.

Is premium SPG "105 leFH18B2" good? Comments on wot forum about it are mixed.
Old 2013-01-05, 00:07   Link #1360
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I hear the Churchill III's a rather good Tier V premium, though like any other Churchill its playstyle gets some time to get used to.

Speaking of premiums though, I love my Super Pershing, aka T26E4. Its mediocre gun isn't much of a problem if you aim right, and you have all the time to aim due to its miraculous spaced armor that completely negates high-damage shots like a sponge (I call it "Black Hole Armor" ). It actually plays rather similarly to the Churchills, except that your armor scheme is superior due to the sloped spaced armor covering most of its front, and you can peek around corners better. A good game with it nets me about 30-40k in profit, more if I do extremely well.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks