AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-12-20, 01:00   Link #221
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Lets move on to Z, he is said to be a former Admiral but reached his decline due to old age. I really wonder where is his power level. We can cross out Admiral Level, but I think Z should be above Vice Admiral.

Alright, lets start a new discussion. The Pacifistas that Franky destroyed in the movie, were they the upgraded version or the old version?
At the very least he should be high vice admiral level. He fights Kizaru to a stalemate in the movie; neither fighter gets the advantage over the other. That automatically implies he's comparable to Kizaru, but not quite his equal due to the reasons you mentioned.

The Pacifistas that Franky destroyed appear to be newer models created just for Z's neo marines squad. How powerful they are exactly is unknown, but it's impressive nonetheless that Franky solos a whole group of them.
Old 2012-12-20, 10:57   Link #222
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
At the very least he should be high vice admiral level. He fights Kizaru to a stalemate in the movie; neither fighter gets the advantage over the other. That automatically implies he's comparable to Kizaru, but not quite his equal due to the reasons you mentioned.

The Pacifistas that Franky destroyed appear to be newer models created just for Z's neo marines squad. How powerful they are exactly is unknown, but it's impressive nonetheless that Franky solos a whole group of them.
Really, they are new Pacifistas? Really weird, how did Z manage to get Pacifistas? The Navy and the World Government made them and wouldn't sell them away like simple weapons.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 10:06   Link #223
Kirarakim

Went to see the movie tonight in Ikebukuro and really enjoyed it. Granted without subs I could only understand about 1/2 what was going on but this to me was a much stronger film than Strong World. Z was an interesting villain and the conflict felt real & intense.

I also loved all the outfits the Straw Hats were in. Oda went all out with character designs in this movie.

There was also fan service for the guys and ladies and as a lady I appreciate this. Lets just say I enjoyed a certain hot spring scene.

Everyone at the movie was given a booklet of Oda's design sketches as well which is really nice.
Old 2012-12-21, 14:12   Link #224
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Went to see the movie tonight in Ikebukuro and really enjoyed it. Granted without subs I could only understand about 1/2 what was going on but this to me was a much stronger film than Strong World. Z was an interesting villain and the conflict felt real & intense.

I also loved all the outfits the Straw Hats were in. Oda went all out with character designs in this movie.

There was also fan service for the guys and ladies and as a lady I appreciate this. Lets just say I enjoyed a certain hot spring scene.

Everyone at the movie was given a booklet of Oda's design sketches as well which is really nice.
Officially jealous of you.
Old 2012-12-22, 16:33   Link #225
Blackbeard D. Kuma

New Info

Apparently, the shichibukai that cut off Z's forearm and killed his entire squad sans Ain and Bins got locked up on level 6 of Impel Down. But during the whole Impel Down breakout 2 years ago, he got out when Blackbeard liberated the prisoners on that level. So I was right about the World Government recruiting a level 6 escapee from Impel Down. Even monsters that are erased from history can be given a second chance when desperate times call for desperate measures.

This was divulged in Volume Z, btw.
Old 2012-12-22, 16:54   Link #226
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
New Info

Apparently, the shichibukai that cut off Z's forearm and killed his entire squad sans Ain and Bins got locked up on level 6 of Impel Down. But during the whole Impel Down breakout 2 years ago, he got out when Blackbeard liberated the prisoners on that level. So I was right about the World Government recruiting a level 6 escapee from Impel Down. Even monsters that are erased from history can be given a second chance when desperate times call for desperate measures.

Interesting, but I can't make a guess of who.
Old 2012-12-22, 17:01   Link #227
marvelB

Quote:
New Info

Actually, after doing some digging around myself, I didn't see any confirmation of this. Rather, it seems that the lv. 6 prisoner thing was just a theory that was thrown around by some fans. Frankly, as interesting as it sounds, I rather doubt the chances of that being the case since it probably wouldn't just result in a rebellion from Z alone, but just about ALL marines who follow the "Moral Justice" doctrine (Garp, Aokiji, Smoker, Coby, etc.). But in the end, I do still believe that the pirate who ruined Z's life is a new character.

BTW, box office figures are out! Film Z is off to a very strong start, indeed. In fact, it seems that it's already proving to be more successful than Strong World (no surprise there!). And on another note, there's a new Jump scan that shows a few screens of the movie, some of them depicting the younger marines (the younger Garp shown here has a stronger resemblance to Dragon rather than Luffy, IMO):

marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 17:46   Link #228
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, after doing some digging around myself, I didn't see any confirmation of this. Rather, it seems that the lv. 6 prisoner thing was just a theory that was thrown around by some fans. Frankly, as interesting as it sounds, I rather doubt the chances of that being the case since it probably wouldn't just result in a rebellion from Z alone, but just about ALL marines who follow the "Moral Justice" doctrine (Garp, Aokiji, Smoker, Coby, etc.). But in the end, I do still believe that the pirate who ruined Z's life is a new character.
That info I got is not from the fans, but from someone who actually saw the movie and got the booklet (Louis-954 from NF forums). I don't think the opinions of the moral justice followers mean much in the grand scheme of things. It's the World Government that decides on which individuals to recruit into the shichibukai, not the marines. Furthermore, the main reason why Z left the marines is because this particular shichibukai pirate killed his squad and cut off his forearm. That being said, Z especially loathes this pirate, and was absolutely disgusted that the World Government granted him amnesty relieving him of his crimes. That's what pushed Z over the edge; he had lost all hope in the government when it came to administering proper justice. The other moral justice followers you mentioned didn't have the personal beef with this pirate that Z did, so there was no real reason for them to defect from the marines as well. And even though Sengoku expressed his strong disapproval over the cover-up of the level 6 Impel Down escapees, he still remains in the marines to this day. Therefore, the other moral justice advocates wouldn't follow suit of Z's course of action (and as a matter of fact, they didn't).

Perhaps this info is misinterpreted. But being an escapee from level 6 of Impel Down would not be a reason to not be considered for shichibukai candidacy. And besides, I'd imagine that cutting off the forearm of a former admiral and killing their squad to the point of leaving only 2 surviving members would warrant a level 6 confinement in itself; that's an extraordinary feat that indicates the pirate in question is extremely dangerous.

We also know that this pirate begged for his life. So what happened could have come down to 3 different scenarios:

1) The pirate tricked Z into having sympathy for him, and he used that opportune moment to cut off his arm and flee

2) Infuriated by his losses, Z mercilessly beat the pirate to a near-death state. The pirate still begged for his life, but Z didn't buy into his pleas and ended up locking him up at Impel Down.

3) Sometime after the whole incident, Z pursues this pirate and captures him resulting in his Impel Down confinement.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2012-12-23 at 14:56.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 23:28   Link #229
ronin myael
lost ronin

look at those figures! and that's just the opening weekend. any chance of this movie being released internationally? i envy my friend who is going to japan this month. they are giving away a free copy of the one piece z book that contains designs and other stuff from the movie.

that's an interesting piece of info. a former level 6 prisoner is now a shichibukai? how desperate can the world government be?
Old 2012-12-23, 00:27   Link #230
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
that's an interesting piece of info. a former level 6 prisoner is now a shichibukai? how desperate can the world government be?
There's still some questioning regarding the legitimacy of this, so let's reserve judgement for the time being. Even if this new shichibukai isn't a former prisoner of Impel Down, I don't think the World Government is beyond stooping to such drastic measures. Time and again we've seen how corrupt they are. Moreover, depending on the circumstances, there are exceptions to the rules they dictate.
Old 2013-01-05, 15:18   Link #231
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, looks like someone on the video streamers managed to leak the movie with a cam raw.
Old 2013-01-05, 18:19   Link #232
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^Indeed. From what I've seen, the film is spectacular. It blows Strong World away.
Old 2013-01-05, 19:33   Link #233
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Well, looks like someone on the video streamers managed to leak the movie with a cam raw.
Quote:
^Indeed. From what I've seen, the film is spectacular. It blows Strong World away.
I was quite surprise of the leak, it looked excellent. Thanks for the info.
Old 2013-01-05, 22:59   Link #234
marvelB

While the cam leak sounds sweet and all, I think I'll just be patient and wait for the higher quality DVD/Blu-ray rip instead.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 10:08   Link #235
Inept Forum User

One thing I've been wondering; other than for plot convenience, why would loads of Dyna Stones be stored near one of the End-Points?

Does the base on Firs Island have a manufacturing facility? Is the environment there necessary for the production of the stones?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2013-01-06 at 11:19.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 13:21   Link #236
yakumo-chan

Quote:
While the cam leak sounds sweet and all, I think I'll just be patient and wait for the higher quality DVD/Blu-ray rip instead.
Too bad, it would be great to watch it in the big screens,,

since here in the Philippines, there's already a high chance that they will film One Piece film Z here,

SM Cinema which is the philippines no.1 theater is already asking people through survey in the facebook - "What Japanese film are you most excited to see in our theater?"

and 95% of the votes are One Piece Film Z!! I really hope to see this movie in the Big Screen!!
Old 2013-01-07, 21:16   Link #237
Undertaker

I know it's suppose to open in Taiwan on 1/25, too bad I wan't planning on heading there...
Old 2013-01-15, 04:44   Link #238
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Same here but I did however see a couple of stills and boy they haven't held back on the Nami service once again and they never should cause damn!

Can't wait to see this!!
Old 2013-01-17, 09:44   Link #239
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
Too bad, it would be great to watch it in the big screens,,

since here in the Philippines, there's already a high chance that they will film One Piece film Z here,

SM Cinema which is the philippines no.1 theater is already asking people through survey in the facebook - "What Japanese film are you most excited to see in our theater?"

and 95% of the votes are One Piece Film Z!! I really hope to see this movie in the Big Screen!!
i think they asked that question because of the successful release of rurouni kenshin but there's still no confirmation, they haven't even responded to the petition. the movie is confirmed to be released in singapore next month though.
Old 2013-01-17, 22:55   Link #240
Battler-kun

The fights were good, but still rather short, especially i expected more from Zoro's opponent.

Nothing beats the intense fight between Luffy and Rob Lucci!
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote