AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-04-11, 14:14   Link #241
Devastator

The video that you're attempting to import is not compatible with the program. I'm not entirely sure what bugs AFX, but I take it it's probably the AVI hacks of using XviD in AVI and the like. I don't know the approach that other people use, but I always convert the parts of the video I need to Lagarith before importing.

ASS scripts cannot be directly imported through AFX. You need to either find (or write) a JavaScript script to read and interpret the information found in the ASS file, or hardsub the karaoke onto the video and do it the long way.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 14:27   Link #242
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i have a question. i was trying to make an animation today but the lowe bar where you add in the parts to set when they show up in the screen was set on frame rate rather on time which was VERY annoying..

how do you switch that from frame rate timing to normal time timing
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-11, 14:31   Link #243
Devastator

Under the File menu, go to Project Settings and select Timecode Base. I prefer working in frames though.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 06:24   Link #244
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

That's an option.. "ctrl + left click" on that framenumber/timestamp is a lot easier though
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 21:23   Link #245
Ganky

Is Adobe After Effects designed not to support sound? If not, then I have a problem.

I'm a complete newbie [and hopefully not a future noob], but when I previewed it in the Project Pane there was sound.

The problem occurs when I drag it into the timeline. The wave form (L, L) ...well there is no wave form.

I checked the rampreview pane and made sure that sound wasn't muted.

Lastly, I pressed period and well not a thing.

I'd appreciate help because I'd really like to try typesetting to help the community [also distro access sounds nice lol jk].

l33tsp34k,

Ganky!~
Ganky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 01:44   Link #246
chaos4ever
Retired
*Fansubber

AFx does support sound, but it plays back sound only if the video clip comes with it. All previewing also plays back the audio that comes with the clip, afaik. you should be able to mute the sound by unchecking the Audio option with the preview submenus
chaos4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 05:36   Link #247
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Maybe it has something to do with the preview options.. Rampreview always gives you sound after rendering, but hitting space bar (whatever that mode of preview is called) doesnt, scrolling through the timeline doesnt either. You can however, hold the control key (iirc) while scrolling, and then you'll hear stuttering sound. Hope that's what you mean.

Btw.. someone else tried AE CS3 preview yet? Those shape layers are fun, so is the puppet tool.. But i think the only useful option for kara is 3d stuff, something bout extra 3d options.. rotating round a cilinder and stuff
Old 2007-04-18, 08:46   Link #248
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Maybe I will try it soon. Does the old import scripts still work.
Old 2007-04-19, 11:12   Link #249
G.U.N.D.A.M

Guys how can i add a pic to my karaoke using Adobe After Effects
NOTE: if u wanna post it in any other way then i'm clueless (A COMPLETE BEGINNER I DUNNO ANYTHING)
G.U.N.D.A.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 11:52   Link #250
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Then here isn't where you should be... Read the entire thread. It tells you and there are links to learning resources
Old 2007-05-30, 06:06   Link #251
RentonX5

Can someone tell me

How I can Save Jsx to ssa

in Adobe After Effects =.=
RentonX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 06:46   Link #252
mad_cracker
AFX ADDiCT
*Fansubber

I think it's better to rip the audio and drag both video and audio in a new composition then deactivate sound of the video. To rampreview with audio click numpad "0"

::AFX ADDiCT::.
mad_cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 09:07   Link #253
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentonX5 View Post
Can someone tell me

How I can Save Jsx to ssa

in Adobe After Effects =.=
Saving jsx to ssa? Is that Possible?

Though there are lots of effects that can be done in both AFX and SSA/ASS with Lua scripting in ASS...I would really just figure out most of the \t tags and \clip for SSA if you want to convert any effects.

There are no direct way, that is in my knowledge to do such a thing :P.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 18:23   Link #254
TK|Senshi
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to TK|Senshi
Hi,

how can i edit or create an effect from ae7? or is it impossilble? ^^
TK|Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 03:14   Link #255
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

well, look for the after effects SDK... But you can't modify other people's plugins...

Plugins are coded in a weird way, though... I could never understand how to create one with their crappy SDK and exemples ^^.
Old 2007-06-18, 07:33   Link #256
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Remember though that it's only possible to change pixels/image. I couldn't find anything that supports text (back when i was trying to make an effect that does kara regulation). But the SDK does come with a big guide, and if you have some programming experience in C or whatever it is, you should be able to make something easy.
Old 2007-06-20, 16:25   Link #257
pichu
*Fansubber

Plugins & Effects are all binaries... It's the same question, like how you would modify /improve an executable file (say, notepad.exe). Without source codes, you'll be alone in editing them via asm. Likewise, you can use ae sdk to create your own ae plugins and effects, perhaps written in C++, then compiled to dll or aex (alpha five executable).
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 20:14   Link #258
skater

After getting the wanted effects in after effects how do I do to export that so I can encode the video in virtualdub, or there´s a way to encode it with quality in after effects?
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 10:36   Link #259
pichu
*Fansubber

1. Drag your composition to Render Queue
2. Click under Output Module, and use the following options:

http://pichu.org/stuff/afx-ts-2.png

3. Save as your avi, using HUFFY, Raw, or Lagarith Codecs (they work well)
4. Click under Render Settings: Select Best Quality & Full Resolution
5. Render to an AVI/RGBA file!
6. You'll need to overlay the videos using avisynth if you were to encode, say, in vdub.
-- you could use my script though, as it works fairly well and it's easy to use, considering it has the ability to segment the signs in the same overlay.

http://pichu.org/Signs_Overlay.avsi

Edit: note, if you require to use a different blend-mode (notably anything but normal "blend" mode) as your overlay, you can do so quite easily by having it to put as separate videos and then overlay it using a different blend-mode. In my script, you can put them as a segment within the same overlay video, as long as it doesn't overlap with other overlays. Needless to say, is this important? Well, I found one instance that requires it.

http://pichu.org/stuff/stxw_next_ep.png

In the episode above, the glows in the "Next Episode" are actually "Exclusion" blend mode (pure white color) with different opacities during scene changes.

Last edited by pichu; 2007-06-24 at 11:07.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 04:23   Link #260
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

I guess I'm posting at the right place, cos this has to do mostly with AFX. Anyway, this is a picture from Ergo Proxy 15:

As you all might know, it's an episode that needs an extreme amount of work on both photoshop + AFX.
In this particular picture, there is a box with kanji that has been replaced by a similar box that contains the same words in Greek (my mother language). But suddenly a logo appears bouncing all over the screen and the result is something like this.
I've tried various ways of layer blending in AFX but I got nothing. I hope that there's some other way than creating a complicate mask for every frame that this thing is bouncing.
Just to inform you, I create an AFX project, which I render in lossless RGBA and overlay it over the original video. Does anyone have some idea about this? Thanks a lot in advance.
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
raziel666 is offline   Reply With Quote