AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-03, 15:15   Link #1301
Blaat

Well after putting it off for the past week or so I finally bought the KV-1S sold my elite status AMX-40 (the only thing I'm going miss about the AMX 40 is the "lololol it's 5vs1 in Tier 4 and they can't kill me" situations) ELC AMX will have to wait till I elite status my T-34.

Question regarding the research order on the KV-1s, obviously I should be going for the super derp gun (122mm) I already got and mounted the S-54 thanks to my T-34.
After I researched the turret and suspension should I immediately go for the 122mm or should I take the 85mm as a superior place holder? 15k research points is a lot after all.

I'm also thinking of selling my Panzer IV and going for the VK3601H after that either going for the Panther (that's going to be expensive) or the Köning Tiger.
Old 2013-01-03, 16:00   Link #1302
LeoXiao
思想工作

I shall make sure that my SU-85 is forever my most-played tank. I do not like the idea of having a premium tank have the most battles on my account.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 16:08   Link #1303
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm thinking of ditching the German medium line and just focusing on the Königstiger, or at least going back to the Panther. It seems the Panther II just isn't for me.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 16:25   Link #1304
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'm thinking of ditching the German medium line and just focusing on the Königstiger, or at least going back to the Panther. It seems the Panther II just isn't for me.
Well this weekend will be a good time to play the Panther considering it's 70% credit income bonus time. I'd have thought the Panther II suited your playstyle though.

Personally I'm still trying to find a "sweet spot" medium tank that is highly disruptive. I might have to pick up the Type 59 when it becomes available. I remember one battle in Himmelsdorf where I actually took the Tiger up the middle behind a scout, managed to kill and scout the enemy arty, got cornered by a camping IS-3 .. and rather than creep back and take cover, I pushed up the acceleration and took 2 shots .. but managed to move past him and managed to ram and fire into the sides/backs of 2 TDs holding down tank alley. It was glorious.
Old 2013-01-03, 16:28   Link #1305
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Well after putting it off for the past week or so I finally bought the KV-1S sold my elite status AMX-40 (the only thing I'm going miss about the AMX 40 is the "lololol it's 5vs1 in Tier 4 and they can't kill me" situations) ELC AMX will have to wait till I elite status my T-34.
Even though I haven't sold my AMX-40, I had EXACTLY this "lololol it's 5vs1 in Tier 4 and they can't kill me" situation.
I got surrounded by 5 tanks and one of them kept hitting my tracks. I received hits for a minute or so until reinforcement came and cleaned them up. By the end of the battle, I was hit 31 times, but had 254/300 HP, and I got steel wall.

In tier 4 or lower it is a beast.
Old 2013-01-03, 16:41   Link #1306
Gravitas Free Zone

I tend to play either very cautiously (German medium sniper line) or slightly berserk (any sort of scouting). Even the cautious approach can suddenly disintegrate into Leeroy Jenkins if I don't think my team is doing it.

However, the only vehicle that I have that seems to inspire reckless abandon in me is the T-34 with the 57mm cannon, in which I have often tried to chase and kill almost everything. The gun is a riot, and while it's almost good enough to snipe with, its damage is low enough (but the penetration is high enough) that it's really meant for brawling and crit-seeking.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 17:09   Link #1307
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'll assume the Panther II has problems, as they never really built the things much beyond prototypes
Old 2013-01-03, 17:23   Link #1308
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Don't forget this wonderful event.

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1907-op...dwind-weekend/

600g for 7 day prem!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 17:31   Link #1309
Gravitas Free Zone

Just made the final upgrade to the Panther and have the 75mm L/100. So the weekend's income bonus on that tank will be nice... and the Sherman gets a bonus also, which is nice since I've been neglecting it.
Old 2013-01-03, 17:46   Link #1310
LeoXiao
思想工作

For everyone on the NA server, our animesuki clan [MUP] is participating in a tournament and needs people to join the team. There is a limit to the number of teams that can participate, so we need people to join ASAP or else we won't get a spot. Here is the signup link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You are thinking the wrong things. It is true that the Panther II is not such a great tank. But the E50 is well worth the work.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 17:54   Link #1311
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
You are thinking the wrong things. It is true that the Panther II is not such a great tank. But the E50 is well worth the work.
I was originally thinking the same thing... then I discovered the IS line... oh boy. The IS-7 looks like a dream to drive...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 18:04   Link #1312
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
More like I'm not sure if I have the mental strength to maintain four different lines of German tanks and also prepare myself for the (future) Japanese tree.

I'll probably just keep the Panther II but not use it.
Old 2013-01-03, 18:04   Link #1313
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I was originally thinking the same thing... then I discovered the IS line... oh boy. The IS-7 looks like a dream to drive...

- Tak
Indeed, I tested the IS-7 on the test server and IT'S WONDERFUL. It has better agility to other heavy tanks of it's tier and it packs a gun that can make a Maus to think twice before attacking. the only downside is that even a tier 7 gun can pen him on the right areas, but for everything else is a good choice.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 20:47   Link #1314
Gravitas Free Zone

Once again I ended up scouting out way, way ahead of the rest of my team when things started to stalemate. But I lived.

Or... "Kill all the arty?"

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-03, 21:18   Link #1315
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

My god the credit grind for the Cromwell is just never ending, I've been grinding all night but still need at least another 200.000 not including ammo and upgrade costs D=

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 22:07   Link #1316
willx
Nyaaan~~

@Endless Knackwurst - Wow, how come your client is different than mine? Mine doesn't show hit rate or sighted damage on the personal score screen!

So, still trying to get my win rate up, but I'm starting to get the hang of the Black Prince. It's a lovely tank.. It's an IS killer.. And I was managing to bounce shots from a Lowe and a T30! This isn't a "Victory!" bragshot, but I ended up solo defending our cap and ended up #1 for the team cause of all the sighted damage! Funny story, we lost cause the 3 surviving enemy SPGs all went TD mode and managed to sneak up and pounce on our 2 SPG with zero losses.. allowing them to outcap the Super Pershing..

Last edited by willx; 2013-01-03 at 22:17.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 22:42   Link #1317
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
@Endless Knackwurst - Wow, how come your client is different than mine? Mine doesn't show hit rate or sighted damage on the personal score screen!
It's a mod for extra stats. Damned if I can remember what the name of it is though.

Speaking of mods, I'm thinking of adding the GuP voices mod, but I'm concerned that I won't understand some of the messages...
Old 2013-01-03, 22:47   Link #1318
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's not that confusing. Just play several matches and I think you'll get a hand what is happening.

@wilix: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...-pack-for-082/
Old 2013-01-03, 22:48   Link #1319
Sumeragi
Banned

Or be like me and ignore the voices. Just look at your status on the lower left corner.
Old 2013-01-03, 23:02   Link #1320
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
It's a mod for extra stats. Damned if I can remember what the name of it is though.

Speaking of mods, I'm thinking of adding the GuP voices mod, but I'm concerned that I won't understand some of the messages...
Just remember the meaning of those sentenses from anime and you will have no problem.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks