Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-27, 06:43   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 544 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2009-05-27, 07:05   Link #2
andy

BB is monster , can't wait until the full chapter is out .
Old 2009-05-27, 07:21   Link #3
game2007

If anyone seriously think BB is now totally hopeless and out for the count... Wish you luck...

The next chapter or so, he's gonna get back up and PWN everyone and show them why he deserves the title Shichibukai.
Old 2009-05-27, 07:24   Link #4
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
If anyone seriously think BB is now totally hopeless and out for the count... Wish you luck...

The next chapter or so, he's gonna get back up and PWN everyone and show them why he deserves the title Shichibukai.
Show them how he is going to be PK , warlord is to low for BB.
Old 2009-05-27, 07:34   Link #5
game2007

Yeah, something like that.
Old 2009-05-27, 07:35   Link #6
SMASHERJACKSON

Translations are out it seems >

Luffy attacks BB but begins bleeding much to crocodiles suprise, Jinbei steps in to stop luffy/in luffys place

Shiryuu is slicing upp all the monitoring equipment and the staff there too, tells them not to notify megallan who is himself aware somethings up there

BB sais something about giving the world the best show theyll see in a few hrs

Megallan spots BB and immedeatley uses his poison hydra, BB seems to be poisoned, He calls hannybal and tells luffy that he will not allow him to leave ID [seems to mean at no matter what cost to himself]

----

ok i get the feeling BB mite possibly be going after WB himself. Im doubting Megallans effectiveness against BB as i dont see why he couldnt just suck all the poison in - shiryuu the betrayer has proven himself. And how/why did luffy bleed?

Last edited by SMASHERJACKSON; 2009-05-27 at 07:48.
Old 2009-05-27, 08:36   Link #7
Prestige

Well if Blackbeard can negate devil fruit power and Luffy stretches his arms to hit Blackbeard and Blackbeard nullify his powers it can cause pretty bad damage to his arms.

And if Luffy is in gear second and suddenly his devil fruit power is turned off while having over 300 pulse rate it can cause fatal damage to his body.

I dont think Magellans poison have that much effect on Blackbeard, he can just turn into blackhole and suck all poison from his body into void.
Old 2009-05-27, 09:51   Link #8
Principalities

Nooooooooo, Sanji is one of THEM!
Old 2009-05-27, 10:43   Link #9
game2007

I think he's more of disguising himself to avoid getting caught.
Old 2009-05-27, 11:00   Link #10
syler321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
I dont think Magellans poison have that much effect on Blackbeard, he can just turn into blackhole and suck all poison from his body into void.

so blackbeard df power is logia?like kizaru and the guys that can turn there body in to there power? cos if so then yeh i dont think maggelan can beat blackbeard.

and i know its not got nothing to do with this week chpater,but if blackbeard power is darkness and kizaru is light who is stronger?
i mean its like the oppiste powers,im asking it cos from the chpaters in the anime it looks like kizaru is the strongest admiral and a really strong charcter in one piece.
Old 2009-05-27, 11:09   Link #11
Prestige

Blackbeard's power is more like gravity...and gravity, taken to the extreme such as blackholes are so supermassive that even almost totally weightless light particles are sucked in.

Yeah Blackbeards power is indeed Logia type though it has some very unique properties such he cannot turn to elemental form as easily as others but being still Logia user he should not have problems with poisons affecting his physical body and he should be easily suck them out.

Shiriyuu seems to shown signs of leaping with Blackbeards cause, first he confronted Blackbeard on earlier chapter then Blackbeard appeared before Luffy and now Shiriyuu is butchering Impel Down gaolers in monitoring room.

Blackbeard also mentioned that its only few hours to start event that will shock entire world, of course this could be Ace's execution but its possible too that Blackbeard has something own reason to seek something in Impel down and launch seperate event from there.
Old 2009-05-27, 11:12   Link #12
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
so blackbeard df power is logia?like kizaru and the guys that can turn there body in to there power? cos if so then yeh i dont think maggelan can beat blackbeard.

and i know its not got nothing to do with this week chpater,but if blackbeard power is darkness and kizaru is light who is stronger?
i mean its like the oppiste powers,im asking it cos from the chpaters in the anime it looks like kizaru is the strongest admiral and a really strong charcter in one piece.
BB does have a logia DF but it is not like all the other logias DF. He can't turn his body into darkness. No matter the DF even if kizaru is light , as soon as BB get his hands on you , you become a normal human . So unless kizaru can match BB in a fight with out DF powers we are not going to know who is stronger( most logia types we have not seen them fight without using there powers ). One thing is certain BB is a very strong fighter with out his DF .
Old 2009-05-27, 11:13   Link #13
syler321

yeh thats true about the blackholes power that blackbeard control,but he still isnt using that power to the max,well they never showed to much about his powers...

and i think blackbeard and shiryuu talked things out and decided to join forces,thats how it looks like anyway,and i think that blackbeard wants to find whitebeard and kick his ass...
Old 2009-05-27, 11:50   Link #14
marvelB

LOL, looks like Sanji finally gave in to the okamas of kamabakka. Maybe this means he'll learn Okama Kempo after all.....

Anyways, interesting chapter we have here. It looks like we have a fight between Luffy and Blackbeard after all, but as I figured, Magellan intervened. I'm also about 99.9% certain that Shiryuu is on Blackbeard's side now. The fact that the prison staff's surveillance and communications equipment were destroyed also tells me that Blackbeard definitely intends to bust out those level 6 prisoners (now that communications have been cut, the government won't find out about what's going on at the prison until much later, which is convenient for Blackbeard and Luffy's group of escapees)....

Heh, looks like this is Magellan's last stand for sure. He may have poisoned Blackbeard, but I'm definitely sure that the effect will be negated soon enough (the darkness fruit can absorb anything, after all). My guess is that Teach or one of his guys will get in a hit or two on Magellan before slipping away and leaving Luffy's group to deal with him. I'm still sorta expecting Luffy to take on the warden solo, but as things are now.... a team battle may be imminent, after all. I still want Luffy to be the one who finishes him off, at least.....

Oh, and major props to Magellan for showing some respect to Hannyabal. It's great to see that he didn't let his deputy's efforts go unnoticed. Now I want to see a Hannyabal ministory more than ever after this storyline's over.....
Old 2009-05-27, 13:00   Link #15
junte86

StillMagellan proved to be a deadly fighter as BB have shown he cant absorb things in instance which means the pain that Magellan can give to BB might be able to overcome BB defense and seeing him bleeding and all.
as I suspected yami yami no mi is not the solution for everything. If it was not BB who have eaten it(who seems to have a high endurance) other people might get Ko'd every time by some strong physical fighters.
Old 2009-05-27, 13:07   Link #16
andy

After i just read the latest spoilers look like BB just pull HXH move. It just made me like him even more , he's now in my top 3 chars.
Old 2009-05-27, 13:18   Link #17
marvelB

Okay, a translation of the German script appeared:

-Blackbeard tells Luffy that if Ace hadn't been searching for him, he would have killed Luffy already. Luffy attacks him with Gear 2, but he used a black hole to counter his attacks (as seen in the pics).

-Jinbei stops Luffy mid-fight, saying that he isn't strong enough to take on Blackbeard at this point (as we all know). Interestingly enough, Blackbeard tells luffy that his "ambition" (Haki) still needs to grow.....

-Crocodile asks Blackbeard why he's not at Marineford and is putting his Shichibukai position at risk. Teach replies that it's all a part of his plan. Meanwhile, Magellan arrives and attacks the newkamas.

-The minotaur makes a reappearance. Crocodile then mentions that all of the guardian beasts are Zoan DF users (nice to finally get confirmation on that). Then we see the scene where Shiryuu attacks the monitor room. Luffy tells Blackbeard that he'll save Ace at all costs, to which he replies that nothing seems impossible for Luffy. Then he makes his speech about how in a few hours a show will begin that will rock the world......

-Magellan appears and poisons Blackbeard (as seen in the pics). He praises Hannyabal (saying that he can't see anyone more worthy to take his position when he's gone), then yells that he won't allow Luffy to escape the prison.....

Hmm.... I believe I mentioned the possibility of Blackbeard making a reference to Luffy's Haki a couple of chapters ago. Looks like it came true, afrer all. Also, now that we know that the guardian beasts are Zoans, I'm really interested in seeing their human forms (I bet they'll still be an ugly bunch, anyway ). But probably the most ominous part so far is Blackbeard telling Crocoboy that forfeiting his Shichibukai position was all a part of his plan. I suppose that he intends to take Whitebeard's place as an emperor after the war is over....?

Oh, and credit goes to Coookie from AP forums for the summary, by the way.
Old 2009-05-27, 13:29   Link #18
junte86

I feel bad for Minotaurs he got beaten up pretty bad... and now he is facing... Luffy Crocodile Jinbei.... humm demon guards being zoan users..does that mean they are human? or like chopper hybrid animal? I wonder... and since they were all similar to choppers monster form does that mean there is a way to achieve that form without using rumbleball. and not damaginf your body??? too many q's...

Anyway I am suprised Crocodile did not know about Yami Yami no mi's effect. since BB stated it was on the DF book, many people should know about the infamous yami yami no mi... oh well at least he knows it now..
Old 2009-05-27, 13:31   Link #19
james0246

If Luffy and company do not fight Magellan now, I expect that Magellan will follow Luffy to the Battlefield, and ultimately be the one who Luffy has to fight in order to get to Ace...that is if their final fight isn't going to take place currently...
Old 2009-05-27, 13:38   Link #20
kakakka

I wonder what is BB's purpose inside ID.
Sounds like he's not interested in hunting Luffy anymore (Well, scans might prove me wrong).
So he's there to recruit crews/allies?
Closed Thread