081 - 090: Great... 2 8.00%
071 - 080: Very Good... 1 4.00%
061 - 070: Good... 7 28.00%
051 - 060: Average... 2 8.00%
041 - 050: Below Average... 0 0%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 2 8.00%
000 - 010: the mere utterance of this episode nearly destroyed your soul... 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-04, 09:14   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 184 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

This Week's episode:
Set Out! Team Tenten - 出撃! テンテン班 ~ Shutsugeki! Tenten-han.

Description: A Tenten episode...

Credits –
Animation Supervisor & Episode Director: Chiyuki Tanaka (153, 149, 127)
Storyboard: Shigeru Mita (149)
Screenplay: Katsuhiko Chiba (184) and Masahiro Hikokubo (A) (183, 182, 181)

Title for Next Episode:
Animal No Man's Land - アニマル番外地 ~ .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 10:06   Link #2
Sinn
Pwnage

It was quite funny actually. But it's naruto part 1-ish filler.
Old 2010-11-04, 12:45   Link #3
Jehuty

Spoiler:

All in all though, it was an entertaining episode.
Old 2010-11-04, 15:00   Link #4
Fran~
floating away...

The long awaited Ten Ten Episode worth the wait...
Ten Ten went from the excitement to be named captain to recognize her shortcoming regarding her supporting role in Gai Team. You can say that Gai wasn't wrong naming her as a captain for the mission, she was always in charge.

I kinda like her chemistry with Naruto...

PS: Here it comes Sasuke's Ostrich again
Old 2010-11-04, 15:36   Link #5
Ashaman

Tenten had some great moments here. Both funny and serious too.

Jidanda was a bit rubbish though. Except for that, good ep.

I came in expecting low quality filler, and I got good decent filler. I'm happy with that.
Old 2010-11-04, 17:38   Link #6
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

That was actually really fun. When are you ever going to see Tenten be awesome again? They even played "Tenten's Theme" from Part 1. I love that song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I kinda like her chemistry with Naruto...
I actually think she is cuter with Naruto than Neji. Not in a couple way, but as freinds. She was cute with him sitting on that rock. "You're so simple aren't you?" And he kept calling her captain. Please don't hurt me NejiTen fans.
Old 2010-11-04, 17:49   Link #7
Kallen4life

Ten was ok

the big spiky ball sucked major ass .. but the shield was alright
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 18:02   Link #8
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I actually think she is cuter with Naruto than Neji. Not in a couple way, but as freinds. She was cute with him sitting on that rock. "You're so simple aren't you?" And he kept calling her captain. Please don't hurt me NejiTen fans.
I loved that dialogue, it was so honest... they seem like 2 friends since forever, Naruto was even relegated to a second plan and it really was a Tenten episode.

I think that it was one of my favorites fillers ever (if such category exists though )
Old 2010-11-04, 19:02   Link #9
Lunarskylar

just for tenten's sake, i'll give this episode 10/10
Old 2010-11-04, 22:46   Link #10
sayde

Quote:
I actually think she is cuter with Naruto than Neji. Not in a couple way, but as freinds. She was cute with him sitting on that rock. "You're so simple aren't you?" And he kept calling her captain.
I actually agree with this. NarutoxTenten interaction was very pleasant to watch IMO. I also enjoyed the fact that pre-time skip Naruto didn't seem to get into any real squabbles with Neji. The three all seemed to get along just fine. Seeing Tenten in action was nice too. But above all, I was very impressed with how she wielded that oversized wrecking ball. It was fun to see her use that thing (in some surprisingly clever ways) while her part 1 theme was playing.

So for nice character interaction, good soundtrack selection, and some fun moments during all the action, I'll give this a 9/10.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-11-05 at 00:59.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 23:33   Link #11
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Tenten boot Sakura as main female lead and bearing Naruto's children in canon. She's better looking and has the power of youth. And generally seems to get along with Naruto. She actually seems to understand him. Not many people do. Sakura doesn't seem to get along with him in either filler or canon.

But why is she whining about not being able to fight upclose with Team Gai? Doesn't she have that pole?

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2010-11-05 at 00:28.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 00:02   Link #12
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
But why is she whining about not being able to fight upclose with Team Gai? Doesn't she have that pole?
There are 3 hand-to-hand fighters... so i think she is suited to support them, like watching their backs from a distance, you saw how she deals with that crazy shoot through those guillotines. She is like a marksman.
Old 2010-11-05, 02:40   Link #13
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Tenten boot Sakura as main female lead and bearing Naruto's children in canon. She's better looking and has the power of youth. And generally seems to get along with Naruto. She actually seems to understand him. Not many people do. Sakura doesn't seem to get along with him in either filler or canon.

She deffinetly shone in this ep. I never really got a good idea of ten-ten till this episode. We actually got some char development even if it was just filler. She's actually quite an interesting character and very understanding of naruto's personality unlike naru/hina since hina is just obsessed with nartuo and his ways (no offense since she does use them to help herself as well).

But as we all can see with the absent of sasuke, naruto is slowly filling the enormous gap he left behind in sakura's heart. She has "grown" to understand nartuo. So while ten-ten may have always understood, sakura has grown to understand and spent quite a bit of time with naruto.

Quote:
She seems kinda hidden in the neji/lee combination team. But as with anyone with naruto they get alot of spot light time. I agree though this ep made me realize a deeper understanding of ten-ten's character. Has she ever even had a love intrest in all of nartuo, filllers included? I cant recall her ever even blushing yet.

Anyways 10/10 for character development, crazy weapon utilized in epic ways, sexy ten-ten, and oh-yes old school naruto feel.
Old 2010-11-05, 07:12   Link #14
Sphire

I too, enjoyed the episode. Part of me wishes it could have been longer (heck what with all the crappy filler, this was actually nice to watch, even next week looks crappy). I was a bit annoyed Naruto was there, but then again he does suit the 'simple minded' type that allows for Tenten to take center stage in this episode.

Too bad they made Neji look amateurish in the episode, though seeing him jump in and protect Tenten was kinda cool.

That big ball reminded me of her Ultimate in the Naruto game, Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, which was interesting too.
Old 2010-11-05, 07:55   Link #15
Yukmouth

okay so Tenten is great?? like i'd give a fu*k, these fillers is fu*king stupid!
Yukmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 08:01   Link #16
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Here is what they would look as couple
Spoiler for :

Nice episode It was nice seeing TenTen again
Old 2010-11-05, 09:19   Link #17
Fran~
floating away...

as i said before... tenten's design is more suited for a Ninja manga, Pink haired girls don't.
Old 2010-11-05, 11:43   Link #18
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Spoiler for :
They do look good as a couple too! God, I think I just became a Naruto x Tenten fan from this filler episode. But I just loved their interaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I loved that dialogue, it was so honest... they seem like 2 friends since forever, Naruto was even relegated to a second plan and it really was a Tenten episode.

I think that it was one of my favorites fillers ever (if such category exists though )
Usually the dialogue in fillers is silly. But those exchanges between Tenten and Naruto were not. She wasn't putting Naruto down by calling him simple. Like the way Sakura might. She was saying how honest he is. How he can easily boil problems down to their logical conclusion. She understood that. And she understood Naruto which is why their conversion flowed so well. Everything about their interaction, for lack of a better word, was smile inducing...cute.
Old 2010-11-06, 00:52   Link #19
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Bask in the awesome known as Tenten.

Quote:
Spoiler for :
For NaruTen fans this meaningless filler episode must have been like the Hinata confession.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 12:53   Link #20
neshru

Quote:
Spoiler for :
wow, those are some ugly drawings
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion