AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 17 25.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 23.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 37.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-15, 19:42   Link #41
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
1) So yeah, credits to the one who first predicted the fate of the cat
I hope this was the first prediction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Nanako <3.

As for that last scene.... why do I have the feeling that there'll be attempts at a "sacrifice" ?
Old 2007-11-15, 19:58   Link #42
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I hope this was the first prediction:

You wish, it needs to have the cat in it
Old 2007-11-15, 20:24   Link #43
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You wish, it needs to have the cat in it
True, but I didn't want to spoil it for people who haven't watched, lol.
Old 2007-11-15, 21:34   Link #44
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
ok after seeing this episode i feel kind of bad i was totally joking when i said we need a sacrifice in episode 6 thread, and now well................we are all pretty sure the fate of Po. That ol lady is off her rocker god knows what she will do next.

I did not like that glazed over look in Nanaka eyes, i can see how she would think something was going on. From the angle she was looking at it could look like Sana and Asami just finished kissing even just hugging would set Nanaka off not good not good at all oh i how i love anime misunderstandings.

Now my favorite part of this episode goes to Shuri. Jesus i knew she had a mouth but she went totally ape shit on her dad. I havent heard a character insult there stepmother so harshly in an anime for a while. She called her out on all types of shit. When i heard "dont refer to this woman who you only use for sex as our mother" my mouth dropped. Then there was the slap which she took like a champ i just wish Shuu would have been there. This opens up a new set questions to go along with

Sana parents problems
Nanaka's Past
The secret behind Sanas watch

Cute side note was Sana had met his Sensei when he was small and now she is his teacher and still passes out caramel. I think she will play a bigger role than we originally thought just not sure how.
Old 2007-11-15, 21:44   Link #45
CrisisDarkerXIV

The last bits of the anime are really giving me the Higurashi-moments.
This anime is categorized as Harem, Drama, and Romance, isn't it?

Maybe, there's some... HORROR?!

VG-Gramps owns.
Old 2007-11-15, 22:35   Link #46
Shana

WTF, did Nanaka go all Psycho in the Asami and Sana scene?
Old 2007-11-15, 22:36   Link #47
Kingdom
Romance addict

I hope not =(

I came into this hoping for a normal romance-drama. Maybe some troubled emotions here and there, a car crash accident from the past or a complicated love triangle. I never expected back stabbing (literally!) - that's not to say it doesn't add a bit of spice

Anyways, at this point I don't really think Nanaka's ever going to get Sana. She's a bit of a pushover; but I'm sure the revelation of her past will clear all that up. Thank god for the traumatic past 5 years
Old 2007-11-16, 01:22   Link #48
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Poor cat. I suspect it was named for the poet Edgar Allen Poe which seems oddly appropriate.

Does anyone know what AE Poe's greatest fear was? His great terror was being buried alive. Even though the cat Poe is probably dead, it does seem quite well named. :sniff: Poor Poe. I keep hoping that maybe he's still alive. It is too sad to see an animal killed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-16, 03:25   Link #49
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

That granny is a freak. Someone needs to teach her a lesson. Preferably Nanaka. Could you imagine getting punished by a girl who looks exactly like the person you're trying to resurrect? Maybe bringing back the patented Nanaka face-destroyer will set her straight. I swear to god, she has to slap someone else before the show ends!

Let's see. Yuzuki in this episode -> GOOD!! Hopefully her character will be getting more fleshed out like Hinako's. Sana got a caramel from her and apparently it was a life-altering event. Only in anime . Miss Yuzu seems like a really likable character IMO. I wanted to see her get drunk like in the preview though

Next is Shuuri. Some step-mom drama, followed by a vicious response from her father. Find it funny that Shuu was no where around when it happened. I wonder how he would have reacted. The way I see it, both of them were in the wrong. Shuuri's father is destroying the park despite knowing that's where his kids had treasured memories with their mom. Shuuri is wrong because she completely jumped all over her step-mom despite her being completely uninvolved. Don't think she deserved a slap though. He probably got caught in the heat of the moment.

Back at the old folk's home. Yokoi proves once again why he is the most badass old man in the world. I'd like to know what he was playing, but I guess that's out of the question. Grandma Kaji, well... she is just being Grandma Kaji (psychotic bitch). Thank Buddha they didn't open that box. Poor Asami wouldn't have recovered.

Finally, the highlight of the episode for me, the end. That little embrace, despite not being romantic, was very nice indeed. Asami once again proves why she deserves to be my second favorite character (actually, it's her hair that gets her 2nd place, but whatever). Nanaka seeing everything was just icing on the cake. Tsun Nanaka mode here we come! Looks like there is room for one more slap after all

Halfway over and no Aoi focus. Sorry Aoi fans She'll probably get one episode, but for now she is in complete fanservice/comedy-relief mode.
Old 2007-11-16, 03:31   Link #50
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm sorry, but I just can't get past the cruelty of a dead cat to enjoy the character elements this episode. Especially since it was a rather lackluster episode. The biggest thing that happened was Shuri getting smacked by her dad and he looked pretty regretful as soon as it happened.

Maybe Poe was just stunned. He'll wake up in the dark, buried alive just as his name sake always feared and burrow his way out of the package up to the surface. Thank goodness they buried him in a very shallow hole. Poe shall rise from the grave!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-11-16, 04:02   Link #51
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
Hi
I thought that the twins are problems-free but they joined the club ! All the kids in this show have family related problems with their parents but not Aoi-chan .
I don’t know what is the like to have a stepmother but Shuri was rude for sure.

About the old lady, well if she didn’t cut Poe into pieces and just put it in the box then someone needs to sue the producers ;P .. I mean she is creepy with no doubt and If nanaka was there and she saw her I would say she did some Japaneseo voodoo or something by using poor Poe.

Back to Sana and the girls .. Well.. I don’t think he thinks about Asmi since when he hold her he didn’t show any things like when he hold nanaka last time .. Plus .. Asmi is having nothing for him.. But it is all related to Nanaka’s good timing .. She always find the two tighter ( like Aoi when she finds sana and hina-chan )
Old 2007-11-16, 05:27   Link #52
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Suddenly, this show is a lot more interesting. Hasn't this show taken a dark turn. I don't think it's likely this will go down the School Days path, but I'm slightly regretting scoffing at all the School Days comparisons earlier on, since it isn't as totally impossible now as I thought it was just even last week.

I'm still forming my opinion on this show, but this ep, particularly the drastic change in tone, was rather unexpected. I don't think this is either good or bad, but it does have my attention now, so it deserves compliments for that. There were a few interesting things to pop up in this episode, such as Shuuri's relationship with her family, particularly her step-mother, Nanaka's jealousy spawned from a misunderstanding and the creeeeepy sadistic (or so we think) grandmother and while two out of three of these things are cliches to this genre, and the other is not so much a cliche, but not entirely innovative either, they're all still really interesting (if over-the-top) plotlines.

I thought I knew where this anime was going, but now I'm not so sure. This ep is a welcome curveball.
Old 2007-11-16, 05:56   Link #53
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
i couldn't read what her eyes supposed to tell but I think this jealousy will take her to the right way where she needs to express herself and be open to others.
Old 2007-11-16, 06:03   Link #54
Saleh
Inactive

Haven't seen the episode yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Maybe Poe was just stunned.
Either that or he is in a chemically induced sleep. I believe that she will bury living things alive in order to complete her sacred (Insane rituals). Atleast she hasn't started burying peoples alive which she will start very soon. Hopefully she will be resting in peace in the graveyard with her granddaughter before that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Finally, the highlight of the episode for me, the end. That little embrace, despite not being romantic, was very nice indeed. Asami once again proves why she deserves to be my second favorite character (actually, it's her hair that gets her 2nd place, but whatever). Nanaka seeing everything was just icing on the cake.Tsun Nanaka mode here we come! Looks like there is room for one more slap after all
Dangerous Nanaka mode here we come! (As expected ever since episode 5). Atleast she won't be killing anyone even if she starts carrying a knife or hurts one or two people . (No nice boat ending from Nanaka's side). Hopefully she will become more mature and cheerful character after everything is over (before episode 11?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Her situation was very delicate one to begin with.
Old 2007-11-16, 06:33   Link #55
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

My prediction

Cat turns out to be alive. She needed sciccors for an origami sacrifice (ignoring the fact that you don't need a scissor for origami)
The misunderstanding of the hug will be solved soon

It's going to be all happy and merry in two episodes mark my words

:P i could be horribly wrong though

Last edited by outcast_within; 2007-11-16 at 06:51.
Old 2007-11-16, 07:26   Link #56
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ran View Post
i couldn't read what her eyes supposed to tell but I think this jealousy will take her to the right way where she needs to express herself and be open to others.
From her POV Sana is the only family (everything?) she has left in the world (her parents may be dead) and Hoshino-San is trying to take him away from her. Sana is the closest person to Nanaka (one sided), possibly the only person she considers to be her family even though he doesn't realizes that. His actions can either be a positive influence on her, turning her to a more cheerful character or it can have enormous negetive impact on her making her do something irrational (cliche). Since Sana is a "Nice Guy" type character, he is a walking disaster for Nanaka as well as others around him.

Nanaka has almost passed that point where her jealousy would make it easier to express herself. If we get another SanaXHoshino scene, Nanaka would do something irrational. Her eyes were indicating that. After she has fully expressed her herself she would either follow the path of wisdom or lose her sanity like grandma Kaji.

Her becoming new granddaughter of Old lady Kaji is possibly the worst thing that can happen since grandma Kaji has already killed living things.
Old 2007-11-16, 07:52   Link #57
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I refuse to aknowledge that Myself Yourself has School Dayish similarties call it denial but i dont think my blood pressure can handle another series like it. My guess for Nanaka she will just get all standofish and depressed i dont think she will do anything crazy. The freakin crazy one is that old lady she is just creepy
Old 2007-11-16, 08:26   Link #58
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
watched the episode.
Didnt expect things to go this way.
what was of note:
Shuri "Rika" Wakatsuki goes against the system, facing threats and abuse.
Grandma is getting really scary (running with scissors, going postal)
Nanaka's face expression didnt promise anything good.

NoSanninWa
Quote:
Maybe Poe was just stunned. He'll wake up in the dark, buried alive just as his name sake always feared and burrow his way out of the package up to the surface. Thank goodness they buried him in a very shallow hole. Poe shall rise from the grave!
kill bill? she had a flashlight back then

ps. those who watched the subbed version could probably notice that at around 9:45 it is actually Saturday, not Sunday.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru

Last edited by nikorai; 2007-11-16 at 09:33.
Old 2007-11-16, 09:59   Link #59
Lebenkraft

This episode left me slightly confused. If Poe was dead, how did his bell ring?

On the other hand, I'm not too worried about things on Nanaka's side. The next episode might patch up her relationship with Sana.
Old 2007-11-16, 11:06   Link #60
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebenkraft View Post
This episode left me slightly confused. If Poe was dead, how did his bell ring?
Well if the cat is the box then the bell would ring when Sana moved. By Sana walking it effectively at some point moved (which is in his hands and nothing while walking unless very slowly will not stay still) the box and the motion of the box in turn made the bell ring.