AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 5 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 27.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 32.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 7.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.50%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-09, 15:04   Link #141
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing
Faldio quite obviously did the right thing. I'm surprised anyone can see it in any other way.
I think the irony is that Faldio's the one telling Welkin not to shoot when Alicia's taken hostage couple episode back.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:37   Link #142
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
But also you should question what had the situation escalated. Gregor did shoot at the end but Faldio gave the order. If it comes to Military Court Faldio will possibly be judged guilty.
Faldio didn't gave the order to fire on the civilians.

The guilty party is one who caused the removal of person’s liberty and life i.e. Gregor and Imperials.

War crimes are "violations of the laws or customs of war"; including but not limited to "murder, the ill-treatment or deportation of civilian residents of an occupied territory to slave labor camps", "the murder or ill-treatment of prisoners of war", the killing of hostages, "the wanton destruction of cities, towns and villages, and any devastation not justified by military, or civilian necessity". - wiki.

Gregor has the option to surrender.
Old 2009-07-10, 04:10   Link #143
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
...except that the one scene Welkin does have is pretty obviously a romance scene between him and Alicia. I do like how this is like the rumour that some people just won't let die, though.
l wasn't being serious...

:::runs off crying:::

Quote:
I'm sure the entire game community would say, "**** you," at that point.
l'm pretty sure some have already uttered this under their breaths already due to some of the changes, me being one of them.
Old 2009-07-10, 10:49   Link #144
hongee
@ ihongee.co.cc

It's kind of stupid Gregor actually gave the command to fire. The civilian fire thing was merely a threat. If they really did it they are the inhumane ones.

Anyway they could have every chance to hit those Squad 7 people instead of the civilians, in which they would have much more to gain than just wasting their own ammo and turn into inmoral freaks.
Old 2009-07-10, 11:20   Link #145
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I think we also need to take into consideration that Faldio could only work with the information he had at that given time, and only had mere minutes to make a decision. Unlike today's military that's rather spoiled with long distance communication, satellite imagery, unmanned recon drones and the like, he had to work with nothing more than line-of-sight and sketchy outdated intel. He made the best decision one could make given his situation, heck it could be argued he saved more lives than were lost, so he can't really be faulted for making this decision under fire.
Old 2009-07-11, 05:33   Link #146
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
The best laid plans are best discarded the moment a battle begins because nothing ever goes according to plan.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-07-13, 02:08   Link #147
Blademun

An alternate decision

Ok, I know Valkyria is strategy-lite and real world tactics only apply when its good for the plot.

That said, let me take a stab at what they could have done to avoid the civilian casualtys and complete the mission.

Step one: Feign retreat. Of course, as stated by Welkin, any movement would be clearly observed by the train cannon from where it was at. To counter this...

Step Two: Set fire to all the buildings. Fire, and the smoke it produces, has been traditionally used by armies for almost as long as wars have been fought. In this case, setting fire to the buildings would obscure Gregors view with smoke as well as sow further chaos and casualty's into the imperial soldiers.

Step Three: Have a small force try to sneak up to the bridge and detonate the explosives, or set fire to the bridge itself (if the burning building's hadn't set it on fire already.). Meanwhile, the rest of the force regroups and takes high ground to observe and possibly have the tank open fire if the demolition team isn't successful.

Of course, for destroying all the mining buildings, they would get reprimanded severely, but it beats the heck out of sacrificing civilians.
Old 2009-07-15, 19:21   Link #148
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Great I go to pick this one up again now that I've gotten mostly caught up with the new season only to be bludgeoned upside the head with massive spoiler OP...*sigh*

Meh putting aside that I had hoped the tone of the OP was hinting at the series getting back to battles but looking at the preview of next episode...Guess I'll just have to watch and see...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-07-16, 12:19   Link #149
cloner4000

Well, if every battle can be like this episode or the opening...I'll be very happy.

Compare this to all the previous battle...I mean what battle?

The opening is pretty much a spoilers...but since I play the game...I dodge that part..but the game give some pretty big foreshadowing anyway.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:04   Link #150
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blademun View Post
Ok, I know Valkyria is strategy-lite and real world tactics only apply when its good for the plot.

That said, let me take a stab at what they could have done to avoid the civilian casualtys and complete the mission.

Step one: Feign retreat. Of course, as stated by Welkin, any movement would be clearly observed by the train cannon from where it was at. To counter this...

Step Two: Set fire to all the buildings. Fire, and the smoke it produces, has been traditionally used by armies for almost as long as wars have been fought. In this case, setting fire to the buildings would obscure Gregors view with smoke as well as sow further chaos and casualty's into the imperial soldiers.

Step Three: Have a small force try to sneak up to the bridge and detonate the explosives, or set fire to the bridge itself (if the burning building's hadn't set it on fire already.). Meanwhile, the rest of the force regroups and takes high ground to observe and possibly have the tank open fire if the demolition team isn't successful.

Of course, for destroying all the mining buildings, they would get reprimanded severely, but it beats the heck out of sacrificing civilians.
yeah great idea !!

lets get out our pitch forks and torches and burn the town to the ground. Hopefully by then we havent been cluster bombed to death already.

I cant beleive people are getting serious over this. I sorta disappointed a little that welkin hestiated, but understand he was thinking thats they have come to far to back down and surrender, yet the next action has a high chance of casualties. By that time Faldio stepped in and ordered the full out attack on the train. How does Faldio get charged for war cimes ? There actions liberated the prison camp. Enemy opened fire on escaping prisners..... with both rifles and Artilary. Take out the train as fast as possible to prevent further damage.

Plus they were expected to die in the first place (General Demon or whatever his name is).

anyway thats my thoughts on that issue

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2009-07-31, 12:41   Link #151
Velsy

Spoiler for Regarding Alicia in the OP:

As for the Episde, I liked it. Except for the part Faildo jumping on alicia ! He somehow developed a 6th sence ! rather than turning and placing a bullet into the sniper before he got his shot off. I felt this scene was rather uncalled for. Surly Alica would of push him off or so, rather than have a converation in the middle of a battle.

anway, cant do nothing, only pretend it didnt happen.... if ever that works <.<

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Closed Thread