AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-18, 09:07   Link #7801
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
All I have to say to the spoiler stuff, remember the only lore-crafting guy Blizzard still has is Chris Metzen, and as good as he is at crafting a rich universe, he's absolutely horrible when it comes to direction of story. Just look at what happened to SC2 without James Phinney's help.
Yeah, jaina was a powerfull archmage back in warcraft 3, and now she's just a bitch who wants to get laid and crazy after arthas and thrall cheated her....

thats it, chriz metzen is the new Grant(lets put boobs in this pepper potts) Morrison, he managed to remove the rape, gore and grimdark settings from the classic warcraft to something moar ben 10 and 4kids in wow.
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 11:15   Link #7802
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Frankly, I see Kalecgos as the lesser of the two. He wasn't exactly useful in chaperoning Anveena. He got mind controlled in Sunwell Plateau. His term as a 'powerful' Dragon Aspect was pretty damn short since the death of Deathwing drained the five Aspects of their powers. Who knows, maybe Jaina will finally get a chance to be a more prominent figure. Varian as the Lo'Gosh and Undercity sagas had a good run, but face it. He's almost as hot-headed and bone-headed as Garrosh. Anyone questing in Jade Forest and Kun-Lai Summit had mass respect for Anduin in the zone chats. The philosophies of Pandaria suit Anduin and it wouldn't surprise me if Jaina rocked up at some point since she's of a similar mindset.

How do I see both of them? Jaina - saved a bunch of Lordaeron survivors, founded Theramore, maintained a temporary peace while Thrall led the Horde, powerful mage, one of the few major leaders that hasn't lost their marbles or become a massive prick.

Spoiler for Lillian Voss:

And then there's Kalecgos...playing second to Anveena, having his hide saved a couple of times by Tyragosa, Tyragosa then decides to go off with Jorad, then isn't exactly that powerful an Aspect thanks to the Fall of Deathwing.

If anything...hasn't Kalecgos been everyone else's bitch all along? Doesn't that make him Jaina's bitch?
Old 2012-08-18, 11:24   Link #7803
Xacual

I thought Theramore's loss made Jaina nuts? Or am I just reading really bad information.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 12:40   Link #7804
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for Jaina MoP info:

I wouldn't quite call that nuts. Vengeful, yes. Bonkers, no.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-08-18 at 13:06.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 14:05   Link #7805
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Spoiler for Jaina MoP info:

I wouldn't quite call that nuts. Vengeful, yes. Bonkers, no.
Rhonin probably finally had to stop and deal with his half elf kids starting to grow up. They should be what 5-7 years old now?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-08-18, 14:18   Link #7806
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Are they going to attempt to reunify the remaining old human kingdoms of the Alliance to combat the Horde now that the string of world ending threats has finally abated?
Old 2012-08-18, 14:25   Link #7807
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Are they going to attempt to reunify the remaining old human kingdoms of the Alliance to combat the Horde now that the string of world ending threats has finally abated?
If they do it's going to be a short lived thing, next expansion is supposedly Burning Legion related which will force everyone to work together again.

Old 2012-08-18, 14:27   Link #7808
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Rhonin probably finally had to stop and deal with his half elf kids starting to grow up. They should be what 5-7 years old now?
There's actually been a supposedly leaked spoiler that goes into specifics about Jaina's vengeance and what happened to Rhonin. Can find it here but be warned that if it's true it basically spoils the entire novel so don't click if you don't want that: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6352025925
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 14:39   Link #7809
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
There's actually been a supposedly leaked spoiler that goes into specifics about Jaina's vengeance and what happened to Rhonin. Can find it here but be warned that if it's true it basically spoils the entire novel so don't click if you don't want that: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6352025925
Sounds disappointingly bad like most Warcraft novels.

Spoiler for Based on the spoilers:

Old 2012-08-18, 15:43   Link #7810
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Isn't there some old adage about not attacking a woman during the wrong time of the month? Especially one that might be the most powerful mage on the planet.
Old 2012-08-18, 16:07   Link #7811
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Isn't there some old adage about not attacking a woman during the wrong time of the month? Especially one that might be the most powerful mage on the planet.
My first thought after reading this was thinking of the male warcraft leaders meeting in secret locations together to discuss when to avoid the female leaders.

Old 2012-08-18, 16:46   Link #7812
Destined_Fate

Spoiler:
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 18:42   Link #7813
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ "Men" suck Don't they? =\
Old 2012-08-18, 20:06   Link #7814
Balzac
Assistant Professor

So I'm doing my very best being the odd Dwarf Ranger with no name, helping out a base located in a forest that's green to my eyes, going through the story and following orders up through helping destroy the enemy Horde base through precise marksmanship and masterful playacting of the dead and dying. Yet the minute I return back to the place to gloat and possibly loot things there, I get munched by green meanies I thought I already killed. And then I look and see that there're a bunch of angry red names inside the base.

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

Edit: Someone also gave me this link (really hard to type out manually) in greenchat and I keep coming back to watch it I don't know why I keep laughing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVEElxafg9w
Old 2012-08-18, 22:02   Link #7815
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Okay...that novel makes no freaking sense at all...honestly...Seems more like a device to put Jaina somewhere else...Now I'm mad...but meh, this is probably going to be minor detail in-game. In the end, it only explains why everyone is fighting at the start of Jade Forest and that only lasts about 10 minutes in that zone.

It does have an interesting potential for a future storyline but yeah, storylines in games these days...bleh...L.A. Noire is the only game in a longt ime I've seen with good storywriting and its creators went bust. Shows how much people care about that aspect anymore. Ritalin junkies prevail.
Old 2012-08-18, 22:15   Link #7816
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
It does have an interesting potential for a future storyline but yeah, storylines in games these days...bleh...L.A. Noire is the only game in a longt ime I've seen with good storywriting and its creators went bust. Shows how much people care about that aspect anymore. Ritalin junkies prevail.
I was recently playing Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines which has a pretty interesting story, well based on pen and paper rpg so I guess it would have to, studio that made that went bust right afterwards too. Seems to be a pretty common thing.

Old 2012-08-18, 22:23   Link #7817
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Personally I blame the big publishers shutting them down because they weren't 'profitable' enough. Activision and EA have a habit of buying and then destroying developers.

Although I did read the CEO of Studio Bondi was a bit of a douche too.

Most people either don't have patience for a story, or don't want one that isn't fast paced and full of action. Slow plot development and non-interactivity bore the majority of people.
Old 2012-08-18, 22:59   Link #7818
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Thinking about the Jaina scenario a bit more, it's not as bad as I first thought. Broken it down like this:

1. People make mistakes. Even seemingly impervious ones like Jaina. Just about any major figure in the WoW universe has made a very bad call at some point. Part of life.

2. There aren't many who wouldn't react the way Jaina did when a tragedy like that hit that close to home. Theramore was Jaina's identity and raison d'etre. She gave up her studies in magic - what she always wanted to do most - to do what no one else could - save Lordaeron survivors and found Theramore. So when what she'd poured around a decade of her life into was now destroyed, that would leave one shattered and in a state where they would react in a way they normally wouldn't. Varian tyring to take out Thrall in the Undercity wasn't exactly one of Varian's finest moments either. Perhaps this is karma and Varian seeing 'Jaina's where I once was, she stopped me from making a mistake, I'd be a jerk to let her make that mistake'.

3. Jaina probably feels responsibility for how the Focusing Iris saga went down and for the Blue Dragonflight splitting up. She also feels some gratitude for Kalecgos for stopping her from trying to take out Orgrimmar. The Kirin Tor have probably taken the approach of 'Well, Rhonin's dead, we need a leader. Rhonin clearly felt saving Jaina was more important than his own life. Jaina always was and still is a powerful Mage and part of that secret council as well. Normally stable woman could turn to a vengeful path if not given a direction or purpose since she lost what she had poured her life into for the last decade. How about we give her the position since she's keen to join us anyway?' And there aren't exactly many other candidates either.

So I guess it makes sense. Jaina and Kalecgos does seem a weird union. But hey, weird unions aren't exactly uncommon in WoW. Rhonin and Veressa weren't the same race. Medivh fathered a child with Garona. Whether it's befitting Jaina is up for debate. Maybe it'll work out in the long run as to her new position and Kalecgos. Time will tell.
Old 2012-08-19, 03:17   Link #7819
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If the human holdings on that continent are toast, that leaves only the Night Elves to press the Horde. Unless the Draeni are stepping up to the plate or the Worgen have taken a larger role there than back in Gilnaes.
Old 2012-08-19, 17:46   Link #7820
Destined_Fate

So Jaina decides to mount a Dragon out of shame, depression, and pity? Ugh, that makes it worse than it already is. Seriously, Kalec has shown that he will go for more girls on the side when he already has someone else. That means that Jaina is just that "other" girl and she deserves to be more than just the girl on the side.

Rhonin wasn't already banging other women and in multiple relationships when he got with Veressa. Nor was Rhonin seeing other women on the side after he got into a relationship. Sure this may be a Dragon thing but it still makes Kalec look like a scumbag and Jaina look trampy.

Futhermore this can literally out of nowhere. Before this novel Jaina and Kalec never really interacted nor did they ever show interest in each other. Than Kalec fails to save her city from his own focusing Iris and tells her to not destroy Orgrimmar and suddenly they're a couple. Ugh. Sounds like bad fanfiction. Even Thrall and Aggra are more real than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
^ "Men" suck Don't they? =\
Only when they end up causing a strong woman to become incompetent and unable to make their own decisions without their man.

Also, I don't like that Kalec seems to be getting his nut in every girls tree. Wasn't trying to get with the Sunwell while he was with someone(Or Someones) enough? I don't even blame her for straying to Jorad, though I still don't like Jorad because he knows he's courting an already accounted for woman... Dragon that has made it a point to say how much she loves Kalec and that they've been together for a long time.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows