AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-03-24, 15:36   Link #341
zero7

Since this anime is made by Key is this going to be a tear jerker anime
zero7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 15:50   Link #342
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7 View Post
Since this anime is made by Key is this going to be a tear jerker anime
most likely by the end, but not the beginning.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 18:17   Link #343
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0w75 View Post
This just relieved all my concerns about animation quality (since Kyoto wasn't doing it).
P.A. Works does good stuff.
Just check out Canaan and True Tears. Sure those two are their only works they've done by themselves, but they're still nicely animated, decent shows.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 18:55   Link #344
sn0w75

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
P.A. Works does good stuff.
Just check out Canaan and True Tears. Sure those two are their only works they've done by themselves, but they're still nicely animated, decent shows.
I didn't even know who was animating it; I only had heard some minor grumblings about Kyoto not animating it. I'll go check out Canaan/True Tears some time-I haven't seen either. Yet.
Old 2010-03-24, 22:38   Link #345
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Canaan has some of the best gunfu you'll see in anime, and True Tears was wonderfully animated (especially the basketball scenes) and the characters were drawn very believably. i'm very excited for this show.

also, everyone should check out true tears. its by far one of the better romances of the last 10 years.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 22:53   Link #346
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Canaan has some of the best gunfu you'll see in anime, and True Tears was wonderfully animated (especially the basketball scenes) and the characters were drawn very believably. i'm very excited for this show.

also, everyone should check out true tears. its by far one of the better romances of the last 10 years.
Yep, I agree on both accounts,most people are probably interested in this because Key is involved in it but it was by looking up what P.A works were going to do next that I found this,the fact that Key and some of my favorite VAs are involved too is just the icing on the cake for me.

And True Tears is one of the only animes that managed to use still frames in some episodes and not have me think "they're running out of animation budget".
Old 2010-03-24, 23:41   Link #347
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Further to what germanturkey and totoum say, PA Works is not only good, but also is like KyoAni in that it doesn't have its head office in Tokyo, but in an even more out-of-the-way-place than KyoAni: in Toyama, on the west coast.

There a video about them talking about how they work, and mentioning that they set up a sort of dorm for young animators to come and live cheaply there. You can see the animators working at fast pace in the office.

And they have done a series of PR videos about the area, combining live footage and animation.

They do have offices in Tokyo, too, but the head office is apparently over in Toyama, which is famous for mountains and lots of snow.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 23:48   Link #348
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I wonder if this title will become a financial hit for P.A. Works. I mean, I heard true tears bombed badly in sales and CANAAN did alright in it.
Old 2010-03-25, 00:03   Link #349
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

True Tears has enough support to get a blu-ray release, even after two years. It's coming out real soon.
True Tears is one of the best romances I've ever seen. I think P.A. Works has a successful future ahead of them.

On Angel Beats, I hope that is has good comedy. What people seem to gloss over is that while Key is known for it's drama and romance, it also does excellent comedy. I've lost count of the number of lines in Kanon, Air, Clannad, and Little Busters that caused me to crack up. Seiji Kishi as director is defiantly a step in the right direction.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 00:11   Link #350
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I wasn't that blown away by true tears actually. It was very well animated but I wasn't fond of the cast. The story was decent but nothing amazing.

Why is there a sudden band against Kyo-Ani is it the "Moe" shows they do? Or because of K-On 2? I understand that part. But is it because they are hyped up?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 00:16   Link #351
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

kyoani has definitely dropped in quality. if you look at k-on or clannad and then compare that to FMP:TSR the difference is day and night. i don't know if they got lazy because of their haruhi success, but their quality of work, which is why i started following the studio, has definitely fallen.

true tears is a very big love it or hate it show. the story isn't what you'd expect from a high school romance and there are some strange elements such as the chickens paralleling what's happening in real life. i personally didn't like the chicken stuff, but the more mature romance definitely pulled me in and kept me riveted until the end.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 12:12   Link #352
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
i don't know if they got lazy because of their haruhi success, but their quality of work, which is why i started following the studio, has definitely fallen.
Late 2000's recession in Japan. If you adjust your expectations, just the way you'd adjust money value due to inflation, KyoAni is as good as ever.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 14:42   Link #353
TadloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
kyoani has definitely dropped in quality. if you look at k-on or clannad and then compare that to FMP:TSR the difference is day and night. i don't know if they got lazy because of their haruhi success, but their quality of work, which is why i started following the studio, has definitely fallen.
You're missing the point. In 1st place FMP is full of actions while Clannad is drama show and K-On is moe show. It's totally ridiculous to compare with them. Such a show needs just fluid animation and nice artwork. KyoAni just changed their character's design that's all to it and then people started to complain... Anyway, animation is as good as it were before. And KyoAni still remains one of the most successful studios ever. Their anime always sells well(except Munto) and there's always the reason why it's sells well.
TadloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 14:51   Link #354
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Not to mention that all series aren't to be affected by the same budget, despite being produced by the same studio, because of the sponsors, period of time (and by extension, economy crisis like proto mentioned already), and more importantly: the number of Episodes, which is an iron gauntlet rule for any studio. Just compare Sora no Otoshimono with Ookami Kakushi and you can see a vastly different animation quality, despite procuded by the same studio, AIC, within only 6 months or something.

Likewise, you can exactly expect a different treatment for Angel Beats compared to True Tears, considering the same factors: genre, probably different budgets and whatever extra factors you can add.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-03-25 at 15:12.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 20:07   Link #355
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadloS View Post
You're missing the point. In 1st place FMP is full of actions while Clannad is drama show and K-On is moe show. It's totally ridiculous to compare with them. Such a show needs just fluid animation and nice artwork. KyoAni just changed their character's design that's all to it and then people started to complain... Anyway, animation is as good as it were before. And KyoAni still remains one of the most successful studios ever. Their anime always sells well(except Munto) and there's always the reason why it's sells well.
True, not to mention their works for The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie, which became very successful.

Other than that, P.A. Works is animating Visual Novels.....

And I can't wait for Angel Beats!!!!
SealkidHaruhiism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 20:59   Link #356
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

I must say, the animation quality is outstanding from the preview alone. Although I'm not impressed with the synopsis, I'm gonna give this anime a watch once it begins airing since it is Jun Maeda's plot. Clannad sits at the top of my best anime list so I expect no less from him.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 21:18   Link #357
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
It's only gonna be 13 episodes? Hmm... wonder how they'll handle the pacing.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 22:24   Link #358
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
It's only gonna be 13 episodes? Hmm... wonder how they'll handle the pacing.
Have you read the source material? Or is there any source material? I'm not even sure but I hope pacing isn't a problem, I'm not fond of rushed animes.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-03-25, 22:25   Link #359
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Or is there any source material?
There is not.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 23:02   Link #360
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
There is not.
Ok, thanks. Then pacing shouldn't be too much of a problem, although I can't claim that with absolute certainty.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Tags
key