AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 31.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 12.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 9.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-24, 18:42   Link #201
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I agree, I don't know if anybody can like Awaki through this arc, but as a villain it can't be help that they suffer from lack of development. They're kinda low on priority.
It's also very strange how unevenly they're handled. That freaked-out windbow creep from the first episode, who even kidnapped Index of all people, got a "Now we all hug and make up" ending
Poor scared Awaki though, who only stole some stupid artefact which she can't even use herself, instead gets her face smashed and then dropped 10+ stories. Now that's really messed up, especially by comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As for Accelerator, you realize that he 'overheard' the conversation between Last Order and Misaka Sisters. So being who he is, he went to hunt down the culprit, which by that time Awaki has already been 'broken' and freaking out, so there's not much she can realistically do against him. But Accelerator did get the drop on here.
I do realise that he overheard it, but it's still quite flismsy as a motivation. Also, it's not as if Awaki would've been a danger for anyone anymore, especially not after the other people got ransacked, and she wouldn't have been able to do anything whatsoever without them. Besides, she was totally spent and already frightened by his sight. Accelerator's beating up of Awaki was nothing but mindless brutality, and without good reason, too. He should write "I like to beat up helpless girls" on his forehead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
U mad bro?
Imma charging mah laser!
Old 2010-11-24, 19:04   Link #202
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
It's also very strange how unevenly they're handled. That freaked-out windbow creep from the first episode, who even kidnapped Index of all people, got a "Now we all hug and make up" ending
Poor scared Awaki though, who only stole some stupid artefact which she can't even use herself, instead gets her face smashed and then dropped 10+ stories. Now that's really messed up, especially by comparison

I do realise that he overheard it, but it's still quite flismsy as a motivation. Also, it's not as if Awaki would've been a danger for anyone anymore, especially not after the other people got ransacked, and she wouldn't have been able to do anything whatsoever without them. Besides, she was totally spent and already frightened by his sight. Accelerator's beating up of Awaki was nothing but mindless brutality, and without good reason, too. He should write "I like to beat up helpless girls" on his forehead.

Imma charging mah laser!
Er, yeah, but Tree diagram has all the information on the Sisters experiment. There was a possibility of her actions restarting it.

Not to mention that Awaki was trying to give this info to an outside organisation, possibly leading to others apart from AC having the ability to develop Espers.

That's tantamount to treason in AC's eyes. She (Or maybe I should be saying you?) doesn't understand how lucky she is that Accel found her and gave her that love tap (and to Accel, thet is all it was). If it was an AC offical from the DarkSide, she would have been flat out killed.

How would Accel know Awaki's companions had been dealt with? He wouldn't.

Also, she may have been scared, but you could tell she was about to try something. She was by no means helpless. Accel just overwhelmed her.

Basically, for commiting treason, dismissing the death of 10,000 people (clones) as nothing, mercilessly attacking Kuroko, shooting her and then trying to kill her, she got an epic punch in the face. That's it. Lucky bitch.

If any other villian tried to pull that shit, I think you should be cheering the hero on. If she had just walked away unharmed, she would have been getting away with it. Accel was her punishment.

Or a you just pissed because it was a girl? Toaru doesn't acknowledge gender as an issue when it comes to beating villians up, something a lot of people actually commend the series for.

Oh, and the Windbow guy you mentioned. The reason he got a happy ending is becasue he was trying to help someone else, and the only person he tried to hurt was Touma. Touma doesn't care about that at all. Awaki was being selfish.
Old 2010-11-24, 19:04   Link #203
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Did you know that Accelerator could kill her just by touching her skin or leave her awaiting dead after attacking her on a brutal way? coughsistersclonescough.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 20:00   Link #204
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Every time I see accelerater, he reminds me more and more of Vegetta
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 20:31   Link #205
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Did you know that Accelerator could kill her just by touching her skin or leave her awaiting dead after attacking her on a brutal way? coughsistersclonescough.
Instead, he wanted to show off and use the Tornado Punch to finish it very painfully then what he did against the sister clones. But then again, not all of his powers have returned, so that ability was probably down at the moment.
Old 2010-11-24, 20:47   Link #206
Ashaman

He wanted to copy Touma,lol
Old 2010-11-24, 20:51   Link #207
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Instead, he wanted to show off and use the Tornado Punch to finish it very painfully then what he did against the sister clones. But then again, not all of his powers have returned, so that ability was probably down at the moment.
Not really, in videogaes words his ability damage was about 9999 now its about 4500.
But, all the espers around didn't become stronger if they are 1000 like Mikoto or 800 like Awaki, they still are the same. So Accelerator can pwn them all together without much effort.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 22:54   Link #208
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Which shows us the difference in heroes

Quote:
You have to realize that everyone worked solo in this. Nobody told anyone their plan. Accelerator probably had no idea what had happened to Awaki before running into her just the fact that she has the package.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 23:27   Link #209
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
That freaked-out windbow creep from the first episode, who even kidnapped Index of all people, got a "Now we all hug and make up" ending
Do you even know why he kidnapped the Index Librorum Prohibitorum? Are you actually paying attention, or just looking at the pictures passing by?
Old 2010-11-25, 03:30   Link #210
Kamonichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Do you even know why he kidnapped the Index Librorum Prohibitorum? Are you actually paying attention, or just looking at the pictures passing by?
Hey, those pictures are really well-drawn and pretty, so I get distracted. Either way, I the only person who has actually ever died after being properly introduced in this series has died has been Amai Ao, so Accelerator isn't breaking the status quo here. Good for him.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 11:24   Link #211
tsunade666

actually I haven't seen a side character or a anyone who fights touma died. Though if you fought Accelerator then your forfeiting your life.
Old 2010-11-25, 12:08   Link #212
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Er, yeah, but Tree diagram has all the information on the Sisters experiment. There was a possibility of her actions restarting it.
Oh no, a possibility! Run for the hills!
There's also a possiblity you get hit by a car when you cross the street. The likelyhood of that is just as big, or even bigger, as some back-alley idiots trying to restart the sisters experiment (judging from how easily they were brought up by Anti-Skill, they can't have been more than some back-alley idiots).

Quote:
How would Accel know Awaki's companions had been dealt with? He wouldn't.
He would've, if he had cared. The point is, he didn't care. Getting to know it would've ruined his fun of beating up a helpless girl.

Quote:
Also, she may have been scared, but you could tell she was about to try something. She was by no means helpless. Accel just overwhelmed her.
She was definitely *not* about to do anything. As I said already, she was first totally spent already from the confrontation before, and secondly she was too scared by Accelerator to do anything. Thus, she was effectively helpless.
Face it, Accelerator is a psychotic freak who likes to beat up helpless girls and stuff like that (ok, that isn't news exactly).

Quote:
Oh, and the Windbow guy you mentioned. The reason he got a happy ending is becasue he was trying to help someone else, and the only person he tried to hurt was Touma. Touma doesn't care about that at all. Awaki was being selfish.
The wind bow guy was still seriously messed up in the head. First thing he did was attack Touma's appartment. If Touma would've been in there, he would've been badly hurt or even killed. Then he tracked him down to the rataurant and attacked him there, not giving a damn about any innocent bystanders.
After he'd kidnapped Index, he tried to get hold of one of the Index books. Had he actually succeeded, the damage would've been much greater than some back alley idiots trying to rebuild Tree Diagram (of which the likelyhood for success was near zero, anyway).

Concerning the "he was just trying to help" part: Aawaki was also just trying to help - she wanted to help all those who were just as scared by their powers as she was. The means she tried to do that were wrong, but the means the wind bow guy tried to use were just as wrong.

As such, the wind bow guy was certainly no bit better, yet he got off very easily with a "Now we all hug" ending.
Awaki though was first beat up by Accelerator, and then he tried to kill her. The Tornado Punch alone would've already reduced most people's face to a bloody pulp. Then, being dropped 10+ stories would've reduced anyone to a splat on the ground, which was probably just what he had intended. Awaki somehow managed to avoid that fate - perhaps she could mobilise last reserves and teleport herself a little bit just above the ground, and so avoid certain death.
Old 2010-11-25, 12:43   Link #213
outerelf

Quote:
Concerning the "he was just trying to help" part: Aawaki was also just trying to help - she wanted to help all those who were just as scared by their powers as she was. The means she tried to do that were wrong, but the means the wind bow guy tried to use were just as wrong.

As such, the wind bow guy was certainly no bit better, yet he got off very easily with a "Now we all hug" ending.
Awaki though was first beat up by Accelerator, and then he tried to kill her. The Tornado Punch alone would've already reduced most people's face to a bloody pulp. Then, being dropped 10+ stories would've reduced anyone to a splat on the ground, which was probably just what he had intended. Awaki somehow managed to avoid that fate - perhaps she could mobilise last reserves and teleport herself a little bit just above the ground, and so avoid certain death.
... Might I remind you that the bow guy was facing Touma, who is a pacifist. Awaki meanwhile is facing Accelerator, a person that does not hold back. You can't compare the two. It's the sad, sad truth.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 13:15   Link #214
Ashaman

Quote:
Oh no, a possibility! Run for the hills!
There's also a possiblity you get hit by a car when you cross the street. The likelyhood of that is just as big, or even bigger, as some back-alley idiots trying to restart the sisters experiment (judging from how easily they were brought up by Anti-Skill, they can't have been more than some back-alley idiots).
Yeah, there is a possiblity of being hit by a car. Why do you think people look both ways? To reduce that risk. How do you reduce the risk of Tree Diagram getting out? By destroying the remanant.

Quote:
He would've, if he had cared. The point is, he didn't care. Getting to know it would've ruined his fun of beating up a helpless girl.
How exactly do you expect him to find out? Call Yomikawa when she is on the job, and he has no idea where or if she is involved in it at all. No, best wy is to destroy the Remanent himself.

Quote:
She was definitely *not* about to do anything. As I said already, she was first totally spent already from the confrontation before, and secondly she was too scared by Accelerator to do anything. Thus, she was effectively helpless.
Face it, Accelerator is a psychotic freak who likes to beat up helpless girls and stuff like that (ok, that isn't news exactly).
If someone started to talk smack and point out that I no longer have my powers, abilites or defense, I'd think they were getting ready to strike, especially when we were enemies.

Is that paranioa, yeah, it is. Still doesn't change the fact that it is possible.

(ANd yeah, Accel is a psycho. No new news there)

Quote:
The wind bow guy was still seriously messed up in the head. First thing he did was attack Touma's appartment. If Touma would've been in there, he would've been badly hurt or even killed. Then he tracked him down to the rataurant and attacked him there, not giving a damn about any innocent bystanders.
After he'd kidnapped Index, he tried to get hold of one of the Index books. Had he actually succeeded, the damage would've been much greater than some back alley idiots trying to rebuild Tree Diagram (of which the likelyhood for success was near zero, anyway).
How do you get that impression? That guy was trying to take a book that could be used to heal someone, and the only damage he did (apart from to buildings) was to himself.

Not the same as a radical element getting ahold of the most advanced super computer in the world.

Though if someone did get hold of one of Index's books, it would be pretty bad.

And I think you are under estimating the outside element. They were trying to get their hands on it for purposes other than Awaki's. And do you really think that she would ally herself with a pitiful group that can't even begin to repair and rebuild Tree Diagram with the Remanent as a base. Of course she wouldn't

Quote:

I disagree. Awaki was more trying to help herself than help anyone else. Yeah, I can understand someone being scared of their powers. But though Awaki had her reasons (good ones) she still went about it for her own selfishness, instead of trying to come to terms with her abilites.

Even she agrees that she was lying to herself and the people who were helping her. Her problem didn't lie with her powers, but herself.

I wont deny that, technically, once that case was destroyed by Accel, the problem was over.

Awaki would have been completely harmless and Accel could have just let her go.

Would you be satisfied with that?

Let's compare the bow guy and Awaki.

The first recked Touma's home, kidnapped Index, trying to hurt Touma in the process (maybe even kill), and then tried to steal one of Index's books, an attempt that almost killed him.

His reason. To save the life of the one he loved.

Awaki sneak attacked Kuroko, teleporting a corkscrew and two or three spikes into her body, stole Remanent and tried to sell it to outside (and possibly hostile forces), battled and shot Kurko, then finally tried to kill Kuroko for making her realise that her powers were not to blame, but herself.

Her reason - She was afraid of her own power and how she could use it to hurt people, and so wanted to explore the possiblity of animals and and others having powers too.

Fighting for the people who are afraid of their powers is one thing, and I can accept that as noble(ish), but Awaki went too far. It especially hurts her case that she used her powers to hurt others, which she was afraid of, but as Kuroko pointed out, that is her fault, not the powers fault.

two quesions: One- Which one do you think should have been punched. Only one of them, or both of them? Or possibly neither?

Two- Why do you think she didn't deserve to be punched?
Old 2010-11-25, 15:29   Link #215
Dahak86
Classics never age

@Himeji: Lol, seriously, I can understand wanting to defend Awaki since she's a very hot chick. I wouldn't have liked her to die either, thx god she survived, those are some legs I want to see again...
But blaming it on Accelerator is just wrong, no matter how you look at it.
He did the right thing, besides Awaki's biggest mistake was bad-mouthing him out of fear, thinking she had a chance, 'cause he's now weakened.
Heck, his power may be cut in half, but he's still so freaking badass as before, if not even more.
Accel really is no-joke, she just got what she deserved.
Old 2010-11-25, 19:56   Link #216
giorno

Quote:
Awaki though was first beat up by Accelerator, and then he tried to kill her. The Tornado Punch alone would've already reduced most people's face to a bloody pulp. Then, being dropped 10+ stories would've reduced anyone to a splat on the ground, which was probably just what he had intended.
Lol no. Accelerator went easy on Awaki specifically because he didn't want to kill her. If he actually wanted her dead, she would have died. Period. There isn't a single esper that can survive a fight with Accelerator if Accelerator wants him dead. Even at less than half of his power.
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 20:11   Link #217
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
Lol no. Accelerator went easy on Awaki specifically because he didn't want to kill her. If he actually wanted her dead, she would have died. Period. There isn't a single esper that can survive a fight with Accelerator if Accelerator wants him dead. Even at less than half of his power.
So Accelerator was just giving Awaki a warning not to cause him any troubles again? Or it will be the death sentence next time?
Old 2010-11-25, 21:16   Link #218
eiyuu99

Accelerator can certainly do worse, since he already experimented with reversing blood flow.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-25, 23:06   Link #219
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So Accelerator was just giving Awaki a warning not to cause him any troubles again? Or it will be the death sentence next time?
meh, not really, he just went to kick her ass for troubling LO, and decided to not kill her 'cause she wasn't a real "villain" in his eyes...

though awaki certainly could take it as a warning as well, sure...not that it would matter, though...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 04:23   Link #220
Kamonichan

As Touma said at the end of the Amamukasu (sp) arc, there's no rule that any of the "bad guys" have to stay "bad guys." Accelerator probably thought something similar, or else he just recently watched Scared Straight and wanted to try it out.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote