AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-08-20, 22:33   Link #601
iNoto

Well i just finished watching railgun S. They extended the fight between accelerator and touma, it was nicely done. The last arc was filler though.

Downloading the movie as I type this comment so by tomorrow I'm going to start reading the light novels.
Old 2015-08-21, 05:28   Link #602
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Anything that forces you to go beyond your current abilities in oneshot tends to do that.
true :/
Quote:
Even Accelerator's program would have taken him several years to complete depending on the rate of experiments per week.
wasnt everything about this experiment fake?
afterall, the whole lvl6-shift in Vol.3 wasnt the goal of the experiment, aleister designed it to fail so that he has a legit excuse for thousands of clones sending in all directions
im also doubting this "needs 250 years", how could they even calculate this? there was never a example for comparison right?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 06:58   Link #603
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

They used tree diagram to do the calculations for the level 6 shift program. So how could Aleister design it to fail?
Old 2015-08-21, 10:17   Link #604
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
They used tree diagram to do the calculations for the level 6 shift program. So how could Aleister design it to fail?
Easily, Aleister makes the Tree Diagram give the scientists the results he wants and the Level 6 Shift is born because they fully believe the highly advanced supercomputer has to be right when it says Accel can level up by killing Railgun 128 times. "That's great!", they think ,"We still have Misaka Mikoto's DNA from the failed Radio Noise project, we can repurpose the imperfect clones for this experiment" (what a coincidence that there was a failed project to create clones of the Railgun ) Then Aleister only has to make sure that the experiment is stopped while he still has enough Sisters for his plan.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-21, 10:27   Link #605
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Then Aleister only has to make sure that the experiment is stopped while he still has enough Sisters for his plan.
a simple excuse like: "after killing 10.032 clones nothing major happened to his abilitys, project cancelled"
if aleister says it i doubt that anyone would say otherwise (or he planned toumas involvement <_<)
Old 2015-08-21, 10:39   Link #606
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

That would make sense as a theory but there is no definite evidence saying Aleister had set it up as a failure and to get Touman involved to have both hero and anti-hero grow... Who knows maybe Aleister triggered the setup for the clones to meet Touman. It's still a mystery yet to be solved.

But there have been a few false leads and theories... as of late.
Old 2015-08-21, 10:47   Link #607
LevelSeven

Quote:
That would make sense as a theory but there is no definite evidence saying Aleister had set it up as a failure and to get Touman involved to have both hero and anti-hero grow... Who knows maybe Aleister triggered the setup for the clones to meet Touman. It's still a mystery yet to be solved.
accel speculated at the end of NT6 that the lvl6-shift may have been planned to be a failure from the beginning...
but the "touma"-part has more chances to be true than otherwise, because it wouldnt make sense that touma can find out about the experiment and not be killed (or forced to forget (good old drugs)) by some people with wapons everywhere <_<

while mikoto is a Lvl5 and is to hard to quickly capture and "manipulate", it wouldnt be a issue in toumas case....
if aleister didnt plan his involvement than he may have changed his plans (which is highly unlikely) and allowed him to act...
and the only other option is that aleister planned touma to find 10031 and involve himself :/
Old 2015-08-21, 10:51   Link #608
LazyHunter

Quote:

But there have been a few false leads and theories... as of late.
It was confirmed in OT6 that the Radio Noise and Level 6 Shift projects were fake projects intended to provide an excuse for Aleister to spread the Sisters through the planet for his plan. They were never meant to suceed.
Old 2015-08-21, 11:07   Link #609
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

What chapter in OT 6?

We all know that Radio Noise was a fail project and AC ended up with 20,001 Misaka clones. Because they failed to calculate the clones' emotional growth or mental growth to be how the original was growing.

I don't see why would Aleister would use Level 6 Shift project to get rid of more than half the clones, only for it to be pointless time killing entertainment for Aleister... Would it be better to spread out the 20k clones instead of half as much?

Makes me wonder why would Aleister create failed project on purpose if no one grew/benefited out of it.
Old 2015-08-21, 11:21   Link #610
LazyHunter

Quote:
What chapter in OT 6?

We all know that Radio Noise was a fail project and AC ended up with 20,001 Misaka clones. Because they failed to calculate the clones' emotional growth or mental growth to be how the original was growing.

I don't see why would Aleister would use Level 6 Shift project to get rid of more than half the clones, only for it to be pointless time killing entertainment for Aleister... Would it be better to spread out the 20k clones instead of half as much?

Makes me wonder why would Aleister create failed project on purpose if no one grew/benefited out of it.
The Epilogue, in the talk between Tsuchimikado and Aleister about Kazakiri and the Imaginary Number District.

Aleister didn't give any reasons. IMO, AC deciding to make 20000 clones of Mikoto and spreading them around the world seemingly just because would probably cause people to start questioning why they were created and spread globally.

Level 6 Shift gives them a reason to exist. Most likely people would find a failed project being quietly shelved overseas more credible. It probably was reasoned by the people not aware of the true goal of the project as AC trying to save face and hide the clones. If Aleister only needs around 10000 clones he would defintely be willing to sacrifice another 10000 as cover. Hiding your real plan though apparent failures is a good tactic that Aleister seems fond of, considering he did the same when he pretended to get mad at True Gremlin.
Old 2015-08-21, 11:32   Link #611
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I didn't know Aleister was even pretending in the first place... To me he seemed normal in all his conversations with everyone. Aleister doesn't show much emotes besides cynically smiling as being entertained.
Old 2015-08-21, 12:02   Link #612
LazyHunter

Quote:
I didn't know Aleister was even pretending in the first place... To me he seemed normal in all his conversations with everyone. Aleister doesn't show much emotes besides cynically smiling as being entertained.
He explained it in NT12's Epilogue. He might have actually gotten angry at the mention of his journal, but the way he flipped out, stated his magic name and attacked the magic gods was staged to cause the fight and prepare his trap.
Old 2015-08-24, 16:44   Link #613
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

If there is truly only one world at any given time and no parallel ones, where does Kakine's Dark Matter comes from, when it was previously said to be from another universe? Or am I getting confused again?

EDIT: Wait, no, I think the "Dark Matter is from another universe" is fanon, my bad.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 16:49   Link #614
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
If there is truly only one world at any given time and no parallel ones, where does Kakine's Dark Matter comes from, when it was previously said to be from another universe? Or am I getting confused again?
didnt they only say that it didnt exist before it was created by him?
this only means that he creates stuff out of nothing (magic does it a lot), as far as i know they never mentioned that 'dark matter' has its own universe...

btw, what do you mean with 'world'?
if you mean dimensions who exist at the same time in the same space than we already have them (the dimension in which kyouka exists, or the dimension of aiwass (maybe) etc)....
but real parralel worlds (like the multiverse-thing) arent confirmed :/
Old 2015-08-27, 14:47   Link #615
human013

During angel fall the book states that Touma's mom was standing in for index but wasn't Index Blue Hair at the beach? I was under the impression that Blue hair took Index's place and vice versa.
human013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 17:51   Link #616
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Angel Fall was a spell that jumbled up people's souls, physical bodies and appearances to other people.

For the majority of people in the world, only the physical body was switched around (exceptions being Touma, Touya, Kaori, Motoharu and Sasha). Kamijou Shiina got Index's physical body, Index got Aogami's body. But to everyone else, they still looked like Kamijou Shiina and Index.

In short, the switches weren't done two people at a time. The entire world's population was in the switch.
Old 2015-09-06, 22:52   Link #617
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this question or asked before but...

Given what we know of the Index world, is time travel possible?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 22:54   Link #618
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
You mean outside of the PSP game?
Old 2015-09-06, 22:56   Link #619
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
^
You mean outside of the PSP game?
Oh. Yeah, outside the PSP game in the current main story... Unless the PSP game is canon!
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-07, 09:26   Link #620
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Oh. Yeah, outside the PSP game in the current main story... Unless the PSP game is canon!
Magic Gods can manipulate time, including turning it back. That counts, doesn't it?
Quote:
Magic God Othinus could control everything. Without exaggeration, she controlled the world itself. If she wanted to, she could have galaxies collide to kill Kamijou Touma. Or she could break the bonds between the particles making up his body and cause his very existence to disperse. If she was the slightest bit dissatisfied with something, she could turn back time, re-lay the rails of fate that led to the future, and create the exact result she wanted.

Tags
memories, q&a