Rebuild World

Spoiler for size:

Official website
Color illustrations of character, world, mechanics/tech

Official manga website
Latest chapters are free to read

Recent ranking in KonoRano
Decent placement for book and character

To me, this is a really addictive story, at least I couldn’t stop reading for the first 100 chapters or so. Disappointingly, I could not find much discussion outside of Japan, so decided to make a thread hoping to catch some attention. This is the third year of serialization for the story, so this is fairly new still.

Now, there are so many other light novels, why bother with this? Besides the rather tasteful (personality and design wise) cast of heroines, the setting is roughly a combination of FF7 (city appearance/culture) and Zelda (ruins with high techs), which I absolutely love.

MC is fairly neutral. Besides the first thirty seconds, his actions are rational. Not a lot of criticism can be applied here. Heroine is pretty much the strategy guide, if she is around then you cannot lose (assuming MC does not lose his wifi). Unsure if good or evil at this point. Character creations is impeccable, they are all great (which is rare for me). Deuteragonist is MC’s foil, very annoying character but is a good character.

I think Dengeki would put in a decent effort to advertise this series. Illustration and manga adaptation have above average artwork. LN in particular has 3 illustrators separately in charge of character, background/world, and mechanics/tech. Manga rearrange some events to move the plot along faster, which is good for trying the series out. While there are a lot of world building details, this are no infodump like Horizon/Mahoukai, so everything is easily digestible.

Minor spoiler.
Spoiler:

Hope I can get a few people into this series. Would love to see more discussion.
Translations are available up to chapter 23 at the time of this post (there are no significant deviation between web and novel up to volume 4 base on what I can find).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-13, 06:01   Link #2
Chingaruna517

Seems intriguing. Gotta check this out if I have enough time...
Chingaruna517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-13, 19:27   Link #3
Ultimateninjax

I have started reading the Web novel and its been a real breath of fresh air. Currently in the 170s and can't wait for the reveals
Ultimateninjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-14, 22:21   Link #4
Kyuusaisha

The madman actually did it. You put way more effort into it than I do. While I admit I've only read the few WN chapters that are available translated I was hooked by the introduction alone.

Characters, setting and art all seem pretty darn good. The various things you want to find out about the world and the strategy guide leaves me waiting with baited breath and makes me tempted to delve into reading the WN untranslated at a snails pace.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-16, 09:59   Link #5
zztop

Some volume covers and general info on the series.

Spoiler for Vol covers:

Author: Nafuse
Artist: Gin

LN status :
Vol 1 (Part I) - May 17, 2019
Vol 1 (Part II) - July 17, 2019
Vol 2 (Part I) - Nov 16, 2019
Vol 2 (Part II) - Jan 17, 2020

Mod edit: Series licensed. Removed translation links

Spoiler for Plot summary:

Manga version has art by Ayamura Kirihito (Red Garden , Inukai x Tribe).
https://comic-walker.com/contents/de...1102010000_68/

Last edited by LKK; 2022-05-28 at 19:41. Reason: Removed translation link
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-19, 04:04   Link #6
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Following this solely want to find out how ****ed up Alpha is going to reveal herself to be.
I just pray the eventual big reveal to be nasty enough with my expectation got built so high.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-09, 19:50   Link #7
Kunagisa

Sheryl recently showed up in the manga at Chapter 9.
https://twitter.com/kirihito_13/stat...36327002714112

Bookwalker is running a campaign now and you can read up to current available chapter of Manga Maoh for free https://bookwalker.jp/series/148182/list/
Old 2020-03-11, 09:23   Link #8
Shelbrit

This story is really good, thank you for recommending this.
I read all chapters to the latest in 1-1.5 weeks and I am starving for more now. Latest chapter was released 4 months ago and I want to know do you know anything about when next chapter will be released or why there is so much gap between chapters?

Last edited by Shelbrit; 2020-03-11 at 11:39.
Shelbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-16, 04:20   Link #9
Wheeljack83

Wow, based on all the material out there alone, it's almost like they are really doing the hard sell to get an anime production done.

The designs and concept art makes it look like this would be a badass anime.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-22, 01:24   Link #10
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbrit View Post
This story is really good, thank you for recommending this.
I read all chapters to the latest in 1-1.5 weeks and I am starving for more now. Latest chapter was released 4 months ago and I want to know do you know anything about when next chapter will be released or why there is so much gap between chapters?
Isn't it?!?! My friend and I had to stop reading at one point because the addiction was interrupted our productivity with ... life. Anyway, the author always release in batches (like 4 or 10 chapters).

To be honest, nobody knows why the release is like that. I guess initially was to prevent cliffhangers (though Chapter 275's the biggest cliffhanger so far) and later on to coincide with the book's volume's release. We were hoping there would've been a chapter in March, but looks like this will be closer to May now with the release of volume 5 (3 Up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack83 View Post
Wow, based on all the material out there alone, it's almost like they are really doing the hard sell to get an anime production done.

The designs and concept art makes it look like this would be a badass anime.
Anime would be so difficult with all the mecha animation (some day Sunrise studio 8 will stop milking Love Live money ...), but the art is pretty good for sure. The whole series is pretty much non-stop action.
Old 2020-03-23, 06:07   Link #11
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Isn't it?!?! My friend and I had to stop reading at one point because the addiction was interrupted our productivity with ... life. Anyway, the author always release in batches (like 4 or 10 chapters).

To be honest, nobody knows why the release is like that. I guess initially was to prevent cliffhangers (though Chapter 275's the biggest cliffhanger so far) and later on to coincide with the book's volume's release. We were hoping there would've been a chapter in March, but looks like this will be closer to May now with the release of volume 5 (3 Up).

Anime would be so difficult with all the mecha animation (some day Sunrise studio 8 will stop milking Love Live money ...), but the art is pretty good for sure. The whole series is pretty much non-stop action.
High tech mecha animation. We've never seen that come out of Japan before.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-05, 10:50   Link #12
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Volume 4

Illustrations for the first 4 volumes. Credits go to ShinMyriad on Twitter.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-22, 23:38   Link #13
tfate
true harem seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Volume 4

Illustrations for the first 4 volumes. Credits go to ShinMyriad on Twitter.
Who was the girl that was being rape? On Vol 4

Last edited by tfate; 2020-04-22 at 23:43. Reason: Typo
tfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-26, 10:42   Link #14
Ragna666

This novel needs more love man loving every bit of the story. also any news regarding vol 5? or possible does anyone have a summary or know what happen in volume 3 and volume 4?
Ragna666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 13:50   Link #15
Shelbrit

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Rebuild World Volume IV will be published on 17th March.

Last edited by Shelbrit; 2021-06-28 at 13:06.
Shelbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 02:27   Link #16
sasabit

Spoiler for heroines?:
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-13, 21:15   Link #17
lexlexz

is there another spoiler tread?
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-16, 01:00   Link #18
lexlexz

who is the second heroine? carol?
how are the vol separated?
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-02, 18:50   Link #19
Ghosty 404

Hard to believe no one is posting about this novel. Just when i think it's going to go in to a slow part of the story, it goes 90 degrees in to some strange conflict. The larger over arching story is so complex. Every time it looks like Akira will have an easy time for a while... No. He gets dragged in to some part of the over arching story against his will. Never a dull moment.
Ghosty 404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 10:29   Link #20
cadu_

This novel is in my plan to read list. For those who read, i would like know a few things.
I have seen the illustrations and one show girls naked in front the MC and another with a girl holding his hands and getting close to his face. How is the romance? Is it harem? Is there snusnu ?
How smart is the MC ?

Tags
action, adventure, drama