AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-02-25, 02:02   Link #3261
WingedAccelerator

Miyuki not knowing what is a condom will be the subversive ending of the arc. Or premature ejaculation.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 02:13   Link #3262
Lex79

What seemed a joke chapter turned out to be the introduction for more progress for our main couple. I would be really surprised Is something will really happen, but I still like this development. Ishigami and the Shinomiya family politics can wait.
Old 2021-02-25, 02:59   Link #3263
Shadow5YA

Interesting that Tsubame and Ishigami kept their words and remain in touch with each other even after her graduation.

I also like how Kaguya understands Papa Shirogane better than Miyuki does
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 10:07   Link #3264
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

uh oh... I hope Shirogane won't blow this chance up
Although there is 100% chances that nothing will happen, but we need to get a progress.
Surprised that Tsubame still in the picture, I thought she already gone for good
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 17:29   Link #3265
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Ishigami probably already lost his DT off screen
Old 2021-02-25, 22:08   Link #3266
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Ishigami probably already lost his DT off screen
Really? You honestly think that Tsubame declared that they'd be just friends and then, as friends, banged him? It's already been made clear he doesn't like that sort of thing. I honestly can't buy him losing his virginity unless he's in a romantic relationship, anymore than I can buy that Tsubame suddenly decided to date Ishigami so soon after establishing that she only sees him as a friend. Heck, even Tsubame doesn't seem like the type who'd be that casual about sex. She tried to have sex with him that one time because she wanted to test things out, and very deeply regretted it afterward. Sorry, but that idea seems simply ridiculous to me.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 18:00   Link #3267
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Papa Shirogane will barge in right when things get steamy and close the door with a "keep it up, son!". Yes, I know he's not supposed to come back. But he probably will.
Old 2021-02-27, 05:03   Link #3268
Shadow5YA

Considering it's a shonen manga, it's not like it could be shown anyway. Either it will be completely off-panel (like Kashiwagi's), or it just won't happen it all.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 05:44   Link #3269
WingedAccelerator

That's where you are completely wrong. It's seinen, and it runs in Weekly Young Jump, where you had/have titles like Tokyo Ghoul, Golden Kamuy, and Kingdom.

The only thing that's really goes against it is Aka himself. I seem to remember some of his early interviews where he mentioned Kaguya being a manga for all ages, therefore he won't show erotic panty shots despite being in a seinen magazine. The Darkness chapters are also parody of this fact. His standards, morals could have changed over time, since Ishigami's attempted suicide or Tsubame wanting him to bang her, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Old 2021-02-27, 11:10   Link #3270
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Really? You honestly think that Tsubame declared that they'd be just friends and then, as friends, banged him? It's already been made clear he doesn't like that sort of thing. I honestly can't buy him losing his virginity unless he's in a romantic relationship, anymore than I can buy that Tsubame suddenly decided to date Ishigami so soon after establishing that she only sees him as a friend. Heck, even Tsubame doesn't seem like the type who'd be that casual about sex. She tried to have sex with him that one time because she wanted to test things out, and very deeply regretted it afterward. Sorry, but that idea seems simply ridiculous to me.
I totally agree. Ishisgami is still a virgin (and I don't even know why people would doubt it).
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-04, 01:39   Link #3271
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Daddy is the best
Spoiler for Daddy:

It'd be awesome if we actually got mosaics in next chapter
Old 2021-03-04, 02:30   Link #3272
Lex79

Still liking this arc. Still convinced they won't have sex but just talk about it.
Old 2021-03-04, 09:10   Link #3273
WingedAccelerator

That should have happened from the start.

The arc sucks because it came to be from Kaguya hearing something that she shouldn't have in the first place, not either her or Miyuki proposing to finally cross the line. Now it looks like both of them are desperate and "forced" to finally drain each other just because the side characters are winging them (creepily).

Regarding my last thought, even if the manga were in the shounen demographic, it's not forbidden to portray sex. Granted Seo and Sasuga Kei hardly should be examples to follow, but they became really bold regarding the topic, not just steamy volume extras, even the magazine version directly shows the action without misunderstanding.
Old 2021-03-04, 14:36   Link #3274
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, you can definitely have sex in Shounen. I've been reading a shounen series recently (and summarizing the chapters) that has quite a few rather explicit sex scenes. The author's not allowed to show nipples, but he's able to get away with a whole lot.

Still, yeah while I can see this being the way many teens end up doing it the first time, feeling like they're "supposed to" or something and nervously stumbling around it, it certainly doesn't seem like the healthy way to go about it. Then again, I'm somewhat biased by another series I've been reading, in which the characters feel the same sort of pressure and it nearly rips their relationship apart.
Old 2021-03-04, 19:00   Link #3275
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Yeah, you can definitely have sex in Shounen. I've been reading a shounen series recently (and summarizing the chapters) that has quite a few rather explicit sex scenes. The author's not allowed to show nipples, but he's able to get away with a whole lot.

Still, yeah while I can see this being the way many teens end up doing it the first time, feeling like they're "supposed to" or something and nervously stumbling around it, it certainly doesn't seem like the healthy way to go about it. Then again, I'm somewhat biased by another series I've been reading, in which the characters feel the same sort of pressure and it nearly rips their relationship apart.
What is the name of that manga?
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-05, 17:16   Link #3276
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
What is the name of that manga?
Which one? The shounen with numerous sex scenes is Shinu Hodo Kimi no Shojo ga Hoshii (I Would Die to Have Your First Time). I didn't even realize it was considered shounen until partway through there was one chapter where a sex scene had black boxes on it, and a bit at the end set up like a police interrogation berating the author for daring to put nipples in a shounen work.

As for the series where the hero and heroine end up rushing things and it nearly tears them apart,
Spoiler:

Fortunately, I don't believe for a moment that this series will do anything of the sort. It's just the plot was a bit of a lesson on all the ways relationships can get complicated by sex, expectations and feelings of pressure or obligation.
Old 2021-03-05, 20:43   Link #3277
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Daddy is the best
Spoiler for Daddy:
Don't forget about best wingwoman Hayasaka who made sure Kaguya would have her own protection prepared.
Old Yesterday, 05:12   Link #3278
WingedAccelerator

I often visit an aggregator site, which let's you post your "danmaku", and people pointed out that in a certain Kaguya doujin, the same scenario happens, Hayasaka giving Kaguya good-luck condoms, so they think Aka has defiitely came across that to make it official.
Old Yesterday, 05:14   Link #3279
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I read the doujin made by Hisashi. Aka seems reading that as well.
Old Yesterday, 06:49   Link #3280
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
I often visit an aggregator site, which let's you post your "danmaku", and people pointed out that in a certain Kaguya doujin, the same scenario happens, Hayasaka giving Kaguya good-luck condoms, so they think Aka has defiitely came across that to make it official.
I don't think that idea is so original it has to come from a doujin...
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, desconstruction, romcom, school life