AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-03-03, 15:17   Link #161
Dist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe the author didn't want Rimuru to kill 20000 people for vengeance. But it's different if it's to resurrect his people.
Maybe. But I wish the author had handled this differently. I knew about the Demon Lord business already since I had snooped the wiki a bit (haven't read the source), but didn't know how it would come to be. This is a bit of a disappointing.

l'd hoped that Rimuru would go on a revenge rampage precisely because Shion and the rest dying, and then as a consequence, he'd become the demon lord. But instead he's going to become a demon lord intentionally, to resurrect the others ..

The whole thing would've had more impact if Rimuru hadn't found out so quickly that the can be resurrected. Even better if they had stayed dead but well, I didn't take this show for one to kill of MCs anyways.

Though ngl I kinda wished Shion would stay dead. Not a fan of that character and the so so overseen stereotypical things about her.
__________________
The joys of a universe made and unmade, friends across time, shall be your ray of light
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 17:37   Link #162
Magewolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Honestly, most of this is Rimuru's fault. Which is why I wish the dead would stay dead.

He has been sliding along trying to look as harmless as possible so even the assholes who have some idea of how powerful he is do not think he is dangerous. A reputation for responding to attacks on his people swiftly, thoroughly, and with extreme prejudice is the best defense he could give them. And instead of learning that lesson he is handed some get out of death free card powered by half-assing the defense of his people.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 18:02   Link #163
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Honestly, most of this is Rimuru's fault. Which is why I wish the dead would stay dead.

He has been sliding along trying to look as harmless as possible so even the assholes who have some idea of how powerful he is do not think he is dangerous. A reputation for responding to attacks on his people swiftly, thoroughly, and with extreme prejudice is the best defense he could give them. And instead of learning that lesson he is handed some get out of death free card powered by half-assing the defense of his people.
Considering the motives of those involved, it wouldn't have changed anything unless he demonstrated a lot more power. Maybe more than he actually had. (Remember how Hinata handled him?)

And of course, there's the question of where, how, and why he'd have demonstrated that power.

What could have changed something is more distributed and aggressive defense, but hindsight is 20/20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Maybe. But I wish the author had handled this differently. I knew about the Demon Lord business already since I had snooped the wiki a bit (haven't read the source), but didn't know how it would come to be. This is a bit of a disappointing.

l'd hoped that Rimuru would go on a revenge rampage precisely because Shion and the rest dying, and then as a consequence, he'd become the demon lord. But instead he's going to become a demon lord intentionally, to resurrect the others ..

The whole thing would've had more impact if Rimuru hadn't found out so quickly that the can be resurrected. Even better if they had stayed dead but well, I didn't take this show for one to kill of MCs anyways.

Though ngl I kinda wished Shion would stay dead. Not a fan of that character and the so so overseen stereotypical things about her.
I'm not saying the story is ideal or anything, but I prefer intentionality to rage and accidents.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 18:20   Link #164
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
I can't wait until we see Hinata's reaction to Rimuru ravaging the Falmuth army because she utterly failed at her job .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 19:01   Link #165
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Honestly, most of this is Rimuru's fault. Which is why I wish the dead would stay dead.

He has been sliding along trying to look as harmless as possible so even the assholes who have some idea of how powerful he is do not think he is dangerous. A reputation for responding to attacks on his people swiftly, thoroughly, and with extreme prejudice is the best defense he could give them. And instead of learning that lesson he is handed some get out of death free card powered by half-assing the defense of his people.
Except if he didn't look harmless, Tempest might be attacked much earlier. Also don't forget little is known about Orc invassion so there is no way having reputation of "swiftly and thoroughly responding" to agression so only way to show power, would be actually attack someone else for no reason which would be terrible idea.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 23:50   Link #166
larethian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe the author didn't want Rimuru to kill 20000 people for vengeance. But it's different if it's to resurrect his people.
Or maybe have another plot device to justify the killing to become a demonlord without Rimuru going down the dark path. Like maybe prevent the repeat of this or some other stronger reason. Why is resurrection the only card?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-04, 05:58   Link #167
Huh...?
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Or maybe have another plot device to justify the killing to become a demonlord without Rimuru going down the dark path.
First of all, who said going down the path of becoming a Demon Lord, is the Dark Path?
Also, it was already justified when Rimuru would kill those people (though vaguely in the Anime, but clearly in the Novel and Manga).
Rimuru isn't doing the things he is about to do for others (like for Shuna or Benimaru or Shion). He is only doing it for his own selfishness.
He just doesn't want to see the people he cared and loved leave him like that (one of the reasons being he was a loner in his previous life).

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Why is resurrection the only card?
The only thing i can say about that is, because the only other option is really restricted and could only be used by "One" sole person because of their uniqueness.
__________________
Position on Fandom/Wikia:

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-04, 18:00   Link #168
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
The trio arrive on time is definitely anime took the thing to their convenience, that why source reader complain how this is a very fast pace episode

Spoiler for actual manga and novel source:


Well it work in anime format somehow
but it is definitely not better outcome
They really should have kept it that way. They've been taking their time this entire season, why rush such an important moment?
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-05, 19:19   Link #169
Strahan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
As for Myulan, although her actions did cause a lot of death, I felt her "punishment" was not enough. However, I guess that is one way to gain her full loyalty for Rimuru's use in the future. Besides, the convenient story of how all those people who died can now somehow be revived lessens the loss.
Agreed. Though I think your sentence would make more sense if you omit "although". Although makes it sound like a lot of death is some sort of mitigating factor against a harsh punishment heh. While my feelings are mellowed knowing she had a bug (I didn't think Clayman could hear everything 24x7, I thought she had to actively communicate with him), I still feel she's still getting off pretty scot free considering all the deaths. I would have had to impose some kind of sanction on her regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Technically Myulan is partially responsible for why they have a chance to save everyone thanks to the barriers, which I assume is what Rimuru wanted her help with, so I think that will be her way of atoning.
Yea, but had she not contibuted to the attack on Tempest they may not have needed the soul retention help in the first place. You can't profit from your own malfeasance.

The writer is annoyingly wishy washy. We could have had a powerful moment with Rimuru coming to grips with the death of his friends but instead we immediately get the fairy tail ressurection stuff. Oh no, 3.14 percent? I'm on the edge of my seat, will it or won't it work??? (eyeroll) Duh, of course it will. So he takes the easy way out to handwave the deaths. The same thing with Myulan. When the great sage basically told Rimuru "hey, she isn't that culpable" it was the writer trying to make the audience not hate her because he wanted to heel-face turn her later. He needs to take some notes from GRRM, lol, let the blood flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I would agree if it was Shuna, but no amount of character grow is equivalent exchange to death Shion.
Yea, I was thinking "awww why couldn't it have been Shuna instead of Shion?" when I thought the character was really dead lol. Not that I have anything in particular against Shuna, she's just such a boring/bland character.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:48   Link #170
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 32
Pretty lame to reveal some major deaths and have an instant revival plot startup right away (or at all). It takes the impact away; I remember the shit Leon Cromwell did in season 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Or maybe have another plot device to justify the killing to become a demonlord without Rimuru going down the dark path. Like maybe prevent the repeat of this or some other stronger reason. Why is resurrection the only card?
After what I mentioned above, I'm almost surprised if this is what happens. I was thinking Rimuru kills them in the barrier and revives them too to cheese the demon lord title.

Anyways I should've guessed instantly that Shion wasn't really dead just based on how she's portrayed in the ED.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.